PDA

View Full Version : Worst offside trap ever?

Not In The Know
08-10-2018, 12:52 PM
Running as one of the most watch videos on the BBC website today :greengrin:greengrin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/scotland/45780769

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-10-2018, 12:57 PM
Hilarious stuff 😀 Potter living in the 80s as usual. Whit a rid face! 😀😀😀

Humo
08-10-2018, 12:58 PM
That's absolulety brilliant [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
08-10-2018, 12:58 PM
Could this sort of thing be avoided by setting up 6-4-0?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

McSwanky
08-10-2018, 01:00 PM
It actually would have worked ok if they hadn't stuck a forward in their defensive line and forgot to let him know the plan. DOH!

SouthMoroccoStu
08-10-2018, 01:08 PM
Could this sort of thing be avoided by setting up 6-4-0?

Believe it or not it’s the 8th anniversary of this tactic stroke of genius today!

08-10-2018, 01:12 PM
At last they can legitimately call themselves Famous.

BILLYHIBS
08-10-2018, 01:15 PM
It actually would have worked ok if they hadn't stuck a forward in their defensive line and forgot to let him know the plan. DOH!
He never got the email apparently!
It wouldnae have happened if Cathro was still there as that was his only job

Keith_M
08-10-2018, 01:24 PM
Actually, when the Rangers player that received the ball then passed it to his colleague, wasn't that an offside pass?

I must admit to not being au-fait with the intricacies of the offside rules nowadays.

JimBHibees
08-10-2018, 01:28 PM
Actually, when the Rangers player that received the ball then passed it to his colleague, wasn't that an offside pass?

I must admit to not being au-fait with the intricacies of the offside rules nowadays.

Think the player that scored was behind the ball when passed forward. The Hearts ploy was something an under 12 would try. Comic book stuff.

SaulGoodman
08-10-2018, 01:28 PM

No, because the player receiving the pass was behind the player making the pass.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-10-2018, 01:29 PM
Mugs

lapsedhibee
08-10-2018, 01:30 PM

No, because the player receiving the pass was behind the player making the pass.
Is there a view from a good camera angle to confirm this?

Keith_M
08-10-2018, 01:33 PM
Think the player that scored was behind the ball when passed forward. The Hearts ploy was something an under 12 would try. Comic book stuff.

Had another look and I think you're right.

PatHead
08-10-2018, 01:33 PM
To be fair they had been working on it in training all week. Unfortunately the girls hockey team needed the pitch before they were finished.

SirDavidsNapper
08-10-2018, 01:37 PM
Arrigo Sacchi will not be amused. That really is comical stuff.

Treadstone
08-10-2018, 01:38 PM
Potter must think his teams aren't scouted.

SirDavidsNapper
08-10-2018, 01:43 PM
Hearts are the gift that keeps on giving

wookie70
08-10-2018, 01:45 PM
There was another Hearts player playing him onside, it wasn't just the lump they play up front

JimBHibees
08-10-2018, 01:49 PM
There was another Hearts player playing him onside, it wasn't just the lump they play up front

Not sure there was looks to me like only Ikpeachu playing on Morelos.

JimBHibees
08-10-2018, 01:49 PM
Is there a view from a good camera angle to confirm this?

You can see by the lines on the pitch.

SirDavidsNapper
08-10-2018, 01:52 PM
Running as one of the most watch videos on the BBC website today :greengrin:greengrin

They are taking a hammering on Twitter too. Great to see the famous live up to their name.

percy veer
08-10-2018, 02:09 PM
if this had been us against them, I have no doubt the linesman would have flagged

Hermit Crab
08-10-2018, 02:13 PM
Morelos definitely onside, the battering ram played him on. The others were not interfering with play so linesman correctly never flagged.

Delboy4
08-10-2018, 02:23 PM
You get away with that once...and they did it against Motherwell.

Also, their ( joint ) training ground is PUBLIC, so anyone can walk in and hide behind the trees!!! Lol

Total Fuds :greengrin

JimBHibees
08-10-2018, 02:27 PM
You get away with that once...and they did it against Motherwell.

Also, their ( joint ) training ground is PUBLIC, so anyone can walk in and hide behind the trees!!! Lol

Total Fuds :greengrin

Was at Heriot Watt on Friday and they were training on one of the grass pitches next to the road that runs through the university so anyone could see what they were doing. Indeed one of the shots from their shooting practice managed to hit the roof of a passing transit van even allowing for the 15 foot net behind the goals to avoid that happening. :greengrin

Kato
08-10-2018, 02:50 PM
Still some Hearts fans claiming offside on twitter. Twits.

wookie70
08-10-2018, 02:56 PM
Not sure there was looks to me like only Ikpeachu playing on Morelos.

Watch the defender pushing the boy in front. His back foot is on the 18 yard line. Might be close depending where the strikers head is but looks onside in terms of the second defender too.

where'stheslope
08-10-2018, 03:29 PM
Watch the defender pushing the boy in front. His back foot is on the 18 yard line. Might be close depending where the strikers head is but looks onside in terms of the second defender too.

Got to say if it was against us, I would probably think about 5 were offside, the lino never flagged and with the amount of players all moving towards the balls flight, I find it strange that he never put his flag up???
If against us I would be raging, but, its against them so OK!!!

Not In The Know
08-10-2018, 03:36 PM
Onside without a doubt

https://twitter.com/Tedii69/status/1049268892315648001

Halmyre Hibee
08-10-2018, 03:37 PM
Bunch of clowns. Even worse than Zaire v Scotland in the World Cup 1974.

https://youtu.be/2KtxjJEBL8I

Bostonhibby
08-10-2018, 03:39 PM
Still some Hearts fans claiming offside on twitter. Twits.These will doubtless be the same sort of planks that thought Leigh, Oli and Jordons goals never crossed the line.

Yams, football's Donald Trump's where reality is concerned.

wookie70
08-10-2018, 03:42 PM
The only shout for offside was the Rangers boy in the offside position who initially moved towards the ball. He very quickly got pushed back by Morales who sussed it out very quickly. A rare moment of clarity from The Rangers star striker

SouthMoroccoStu
08-10-2018, 03:48 PM
It amuses me how no Hearts players bust a gut to run back and help their keeper

Too committed to the offside trap line

cabbageandribs1875
08-10-2018, 03:48 PM
that is so funny, and embarrassing, thank you hertz(especially craig levain) you truly are the gift that just keeps on giving :applause:

BonnieFitbaTeam
08-10-2018, 03:54 PM
Sorry to go against the grain, and no-one enjoys those clowns getting a humping more than I do, but having paused the BBC highlights exactly as the free kick is being taken, there are two, possibly even three huns offside.

08-10-2018, 03:55 PM
Anyone think Ikpeazu forgot which way Hearts were shooting?

Kato
08-10-2018, 04:20 PM
Sorry to go against the grain, and no-one enjoys those clowns getting a humping more than I do, but having paused the BBC highlights exactly as the free kick is being taken, there are two, possibly even three huns offside.

Did they interfere with play?

Not In The Know
08-10-2018, 04:35 PM

https://twitter.com/Tedii69/status/1049268892315648001

delbert
08-10-2018, 04:45 PM

There could be eight offside and it doesn’t matter as long as they do not become active, first sentence of offside law emphasises that simply being in an offside position is NOT an offence, which seems to be misunderstood by just about everyone ! The player who became active by receiving the ball was played onside and he then slid a pass to Morelos who was behind the ball when it was played, goal ! The two or three other forwards who may well have been in an offside position when original ball in was played didn’t become active and as far as an offside judgement call goes are irrelevant.

SirDavidsNapper
08-10-2018, 04:58 PM
Why do Hearts do it to themselves? They've had a great start to the season but instead of going about their business quietly their players and manager start talking about winning the league and their fans start singing about Europe and not being moved. If they hadn't then nobody would give a toss about their poor attempt at an offside trap. Maybe a little s****** but not the wide spread piss taking. At least they stopped short of high fiving their own fans.

Sioux
08-10-2018, 05:25 PM
The most stupid part of it all is that they sprinted 20 yards up the park! It only needs 5 yards, then if it goes tts up they've got half a chance of a recovery.

Maybe Potter's plan was to catch the huns oot by having a 9 v 2 cavalry charge breakaway!:greengrin

RyeSloan
08-10-2018, 05:34 PM
The most stupid part of it all is that they sprinted 20 yards up the park! It only needs 5 yards, then if it goes tts up they've got half a chance of a recovery.

Maybe Potter's plan was to catch the huns oot by having a 9 v 2 cavalry charge breakaway!:greengrin

Yeah that’s the strangest part....as if it was off side then play would be stopped and a free kick taken so there is zero advantage for them to be charging up he pitch en masse while the keeper waits to get the ball.

ancient hibee
08-10-2018, 06:05 PM
There could be eight offside and it doesn’t matter as long as they do not become active, first sentence of offside law emphasises that simply being in an offside position is NOT an offence, which seems to be misunderstood by just about everyone ! The player who became active by receiving the ball was played onside and he then slid a pass to Morelos who was behind the ball when it was played, goal ! The two or three other forwards who may well have been in an offside position when original ball in was played didn’t become active and as far as an offside judgement call goes are irrelevant.

Morelos didn't score it so you better have another look.

stuart-farquhar
08-10-2018, 06:05 PM
Morelos definitely onside, the battering ram played him on. The others were not interfering with play so linesman correctly never flagged.

How are you not "interfering with play" whilst being on the pitch?? Do they assume the role of spectators temporarily!!?

green day
08-10-2018, 06:10 PM
How are you not "interfering with play" whilst being on the pitch?? Do they assume the role of spectators temporarily!!?

Well.......yes, kind of - as the boy above said, Morelos played the ball, and was deffo onside.

He then wandered forward with it, looked around for a second before passing to a player that arrived from behind so it was a perfectly legitimate goal.

Mind you, even if they had all been on the Hearts goal line I would have said that:greengrin

**edit**

Also, you will notice that Candeias walks back with his hands up - i.e. saying I was in a dodgy position but am not touching the ball.

Kent, who scored it was really sharp and sprinted 10 yards to come and receive the square ball.

Good goal, tbh

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2018, 06:15 PM
21291 Nae wonder he wears a beard these days. :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
08-10-2018, 06:18 PM

These are the rules from the FA's site:

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
interfering with an opponent by:
preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
challenging an opponent for the ball or
clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

Whether you agree with that is a different matter, but that's what referees are basing their decisions on.

Hibbyradge
08-10-2018, 06:24 PM

A player is not offside until they become active.

Only Morelos becomes active and he was onside.

SideBurns
08-10-2018, 06:25 PM
Jesus, I really wish they would go back to the rule being if you're in an offside position then it's offside, even if you're standing at the corner flag scratching yer chorus and verse at the time. It isn't necessarily fair but at least everyone would understand it.

Meantime....not just the worst, but also the funniest, offside trap ever 😂

Hibbyradge
08-10-2018, 06:28 PM
It's so frustrating to hear fans talk about the game they are passionate about when they haven't bothered to learn the rules.

Actually, that occasionally applies to commentators and pundits too.

Hibbyradge
08-10-2018, 06:29 PM
Jesus, I really wish they would go back to the rule being if you're in an offside position then it's offside, even if you're standing at the corner flag scratching yer chorus and verse at the time. It isn't necessarily fair but at least everyone would understand it.

Meantime....not just the worst, but also the funniest, offside trap ever 😂

The offside rule is the best it's ever been, imo.

I remember a goal being disallowed because a forward was lying injured near the touchline about 3 yards from the bye line.

AltheHibby
08-10-2018, 06:32 PM
It's so frustrating to hear fans talk about the game they are passionate about when they haven't bothered to learn the rules.

Actually, that occasionally applies to commentators and pundits too.

You mean "occasionally doesn't"!

Carheenlea
08-10-2018, 07:01 PM
Just watched it after hearing and reading about this hilariously bad offside trap - even funnier than I imagined :hilarious

steakbake
08-10-2018, 07:04 PM
Believe it or not it’s the 8th anniversary of this tactic stroke of genius today!.

I'll never understand the 4-6-0. We needed points against what I'd say was the weakest Czech team there'd been since they were Czechoslovakia and he thought to do that. Then defended it post match.

An utter fandan who is given to moments of bravado well beyond his abilities. Let's hope he's got a couple up his wizard's sleeve when we play them next.

offshorehibby
08-10-2018, 07:14 PM
It's hilarious just watching the dumbos standing like statues watching as if to say that didn't happen in training.

Skol
08-10-2018, 07:17 PM
The offside rule is the best it's ever been, imo.

I remember a goal being disallowed because a forward was lying injured near the touchline about 3 yards from the bye line.

Not sure if you misremember, or it was another incident, but was it not Arthur Duncan lying unconscious that played a St Johnstone player onside. Bobby Thomson was sent off for assaulting the linesman and got a 6 month ban

I'm_cabbaged
08-10-2018, 07:23 PM
CL’s new training session https://youtu.be/T4_57adZZV8

truehibernian
08-10-2018, 07:36 PM
Through work I've had to watch Hearts a few times already this season and if we want to beat them it's quite simple - press them in central midfield and force their centre backs to play from deep - and target their left flank in particular. The opposition teams I've seen have paid them far too much respect at Tynecastle (maybe media hype has caused this) and allowed the likes of Lee and Haring way too much time on the ball - press them and get in about them they are absolutely average. They're trying to play wing backs but teams are not marking or pressing them enough which gives them space and time to attack on the wide areas.

Mitchell is as poor a left back (at defending) as I've seen (ever) and I'm unsure why they are even playing him there - he's tidy on the ball, more and outside left, but his positional sense is absolutely awful and he's there for the taking when we attack him. Naismith is on form, no doubt, and they're almost playing him as a '10' and just off their strikers - close him down and be on top of him he is negated. That said, in the game they played v Saints recently he spent more time on the deck and claiming free kicks so we'll need a strong ref at Tynie and no diving in. He is their main threat though. Their 'fans favourite' Uche Ikpeazu is a lump but what I noticed in a couple of their games when he's played, for his size, he doesn't like a heavy challenge - he hides for a part of the game if he's tackled hard. One of their best players of late is their young lad Morrison who looks a good wee prospect and plays wide right but tends to cut inside too much - but very few get past Lewy anyway :agree::aok:.

To win at Tynie we need to play width and test their full backs - and press in the middle of the park. There is nothing I've seen that worries me - other than the media hype and hyperbole from the media and their support - they are average and in truth, Celtic should have beaten them opening game if they'd had shooting boots on and if BR wasn't intent on making a point to his board and playing the likes of Kouassie for the first time in ages.

One thing Levein will do - and he did for that Celtic game - was grow the length of the grass, even though it's hybrid. He did that for that Celtic game and the last derby they allowed the pitch to grow. Slows the game down and that's what he wants. Celtic complained again this season when they played the opening game of the season. They'll try any tactic to win a game.

Hibbyradge
08-10-2018, 07:38 PM
Not sure if you misremember, or it was another incident, but was it not Arthur Duncan lying unconscious that played a St Johnstone player onside. Bobby Thomson was sent off for assaulting the linesman and got a 6 month ban

I do remember that, but I think I was meaning a separate incident. There were loads of goals chalked off because players were offside even though they were nowhere near the action.

I also remember a time when a Hibs goal was disallowed for offside even though there was a player lying on the deck keeping us onside. It was against Rangers, unsurprisingly.

Sammy7nil
08-10-2018, 07:39 PM

I don't think he was behind not from the angle i saw. The rangers player should be embarrassed running off side but he got away with it.

Hibbyradge
08-10-2018, 07:41 PM
I don't think he was behind not from the angle i saw. The rangers player should be embarrassed running off side but he got away with it.

He was onside, definitely.

Sammy7nil
08-10-2018, 07:44 PM

Maybe - But it is definitely not clear from the angle in that video.

theonlywayisup
08-10-2018, 07:44 PM

Thanks for sharing that with me. Honestly I didn't see it at the weekend.

As someone has said reminds me a bit of Zaire.

Hope we learn from this by playing Boyle deep at free kicks, get all our big guys to rum back with the Hertz defenders leaving Boyle in space to......

jacomo
08-10-2018, 08:25 PM

“Over the top boys! Let’s show the Hun what’s what, just like when we won the war.”

delbert
08-10-2018, 08:36 PM
Morelos didn't score it so you better have another look.

Yeh sorry, was it Kent ? Never heard of the guy, think Morelos got the second, I’m not an expert on Sevco players !

Borderhibbie76
08-10-2018, 08:43 PM
To be fair they had been working on it in training all week. Unfortunately the girls hockey team needed the pitch before they were finished.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

basehibby
08-10-2018, 08:51 PM

This is true by the old rules - but as I understand it they were not interfering with play as the ball was not directed towards them. Tavernier - who received the pass was clearly onside - as was the player who put the ball in the net. The huns who were offside all trotted back and didn't go for the ball. Seemed like a neatly executed training ground manouvre to me - well played Gerard!

weecounty hibby
08-10-2018, 08:57 PM
Craig truly is a football visionary, remember how well 6-4-0 worked!! Now its trying to use school playground tactics to outwit professional players. The man is a genius. A serial failure who the BBC now seem to think is the funniest and cleverest guy in football. Total fud

CentreLine
08-10-2018, 09:00 PM
Has this gone viral yet? Just priceless, the whole world laughing at hahahahaheart 🤣

BoomtownHibees
08-10-2018, 09:16 PM
This is true by the old rules - but as I understand it they were not interfering with play as the ball was not directed towards them. Tavernier - who received the pass was clearly onside - as was the player who put the ball in the net. The huns who were offside all trotted back and didn't go for the ball. Seemed like a neatly executed training ground manouvre to me - well played Gerard!

It was Morelos who received the pass

Sammy7nil
08-10-2018, 09:18 PM

Maybe - But it is definitely not clear from the angle in that video.

Apologies watched it in slow motion he is onside :aok:

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-10-2018, 10:04 PM
Got to say if it was against us, I would probably think about 5 were offside, the lino never flagged and with the amount of players all moving towards the balls flight, I find it strange that he never put his flag up???
If against us I would be raging, but, its against them so OK!!!

The only two players that matter are Morelos, who collects the cross, and Kent, who scores. Both are clearly onside. The other 4/5 Rangers players are an irrelevance in this situation as none of them are interfering with play.

Captain Trips
08-10-2018, 10:08 PM
Footage from Hearts training ground just in:

https://youtu.be/bKotW13Id0w

CMurdoch
08-10-2018, 11:09 PM
I must admit to falling off my seat laughing/choking spraying bacon sanny everywhere when it happened.

Beefster
09-10-2018, 05:46 AM
If nothing else, Hearts making absolute tits of themselves has the side-effect of highlighting how many football supporters still don’t understand the offside rule.

Northernhibee
09-10-2018, 05:59 AM
Sometimes giving the opposition the entire penalty box takes away the fear of giving them the entire penalty box.

JimBHibees
09-10-2018, 06:43 AM
Through work I've had to watch Hearts a few times already this season and if we want to beat them it's quite simple - press them in central midfield and force their centre backs to play from deep - and target their left flank in particular. The opposition teams I've seen have paid them far too much respect at Tynecastle (maybe media hype has caused this) and allowed the likes of Lee and Haring way too much time on the ball - press them and get in about them they are absolutely average. They're trying to play wing backs but teams are not marking or pressing them enough which gives them space and time to attack on the wide areas.

Mitchell is as poor a left back (at defending) as I've seen (ever) and I'm unsure why they are even playing him there - he's tidy on the ball, more and outside left, but his positional sense is absolutely awful and he's there for the taking when we attack him. Naismith is on form, no doubt, and they're almost playing him as a '10' and just off their strikers - close him down and be on top of him he is negated. That said, in the game they played v Saints recently he spent more time on the deck and claiming free kicks so we'll need a strong ref at Tynie and no diving in. He is their main threat though. Their 'fans favourite' Uche Ikpeazu is a lump but what I noticed in a couple of their games when he's played, for his size, he doesn't like a heavy challenge - he hides for a part of the game if he's tackled hard. One of their best players of late is their young lad Morrison who looks a good wee prospect and plays wide right but tends to cut inside too much - but very few get past Lewy anyway :agree::aok:.

To win at Tynie we need to play width and test their full backs - and press in the middle of the park. There is nothing I've seen that worries me - other than the media hype and hyperbole from the media and their support - they are average and in truth, Celtic should have beaten them opening game if they'd had shooting boots on and if BR wasn't intent on making a point to his board and playing the likes of Kouassie for the first time in ages.

One thing Levein will do - and he did for that Celtic game - was grow the length of the grass, even though it's hybrid. He did that for that Celtic game and the last derby they allowed the pitch to grow. Slows the game down and that's what he wants. Celtic complained again this season when they played the opening game of the season. They'll try any tactic to win a game.

Thanks for the interesting insight yes from what I have seen and admittedly not that much Haring and Lee are being rated too highly and totally agree about Mitchell defensively.

SirDavidsNapper
09-10-2018, 07:09 AM

:faf: Thought that myself.

calumhibee1
09-10-2018, 07:10 AM

I also found that very strange. Take a step a few yards forward, catch them offside then be prepared to get back incase you’ve made an arse of it. Don’t just keep running. Idiots.

In saying that, I’d never want to see Hibs attempt something like this. Just defend the free kick, no dicking around.

Hibbyradge
09-10-2018, 09:16 AM

It will have been exactly that.

The "plan" will have been to take a quick free kick while the Hun players were challenging or reacting to the offside decision.

Not a bad idea, really, but it needs to be communicated to the entire team, not just a select few.

Edit: I think Potter will try it again because his ego will demand that he tries to prove that it could work.

where'stheslope
09-10-2018, 09:20 AM
I also found that very strange. Take a step a few yards forward, catch them offside then be prepared to get back incase you’ve made an arse of it. Don’t just keep running. Idiots.

In saying that, I’d never want to see Hibs attempt something like this. Just defend the free kick, no dicking around.
It all comes down to interfering with play!
At freekicks usually a player stands in an offside position, and as the ball is kicked the player moves back on side.
What is the linesman looking at, he has to be watching the player in the offside position, and has to watch for the kick to be taken, then look along the line to see offside????
No wonder mistakes are made, the offside player at the start of the move is obviously interfering with play so should be given???
Since the rule change, a difficult rule has been made even harder to get right, some you get some you don't!
When its for you its a great rule when against its F*****G S**T!!!!!

Hibbyradge
09-10-2018, 09:23 AM
It all comes down to interfering with play!
At freekicks usually a player stands in an offside position, and as the ball is kicked the player moves back on side.
What is the linesman looking at, he has to be watching the player in the offside position, and has to watch for the kick to be taken, then look along the line to see offside????
No wonder mistakes are made, the offside player at the start of the move is obviously interfering with play so should be given???
Since the rule change, a difficult rule has been made even harder to get right, some you get some you don't!
When its for you its a great rule when against its F*****G S**T!!!!!

Not so, sir.

"Interfering with play" has no meaning in the laws of the game.

It's "becoming active" that matters now, and generally that means when they have the ball in their possession or are likely to.

Edit: Your last sentence applies to just about every law of the game. :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
09-10-2018, 09:59 AM
Not so, sir.

"Interfering with play" has no meaning in the laws of the game.

It's "becoming active" that matters now, and generally that means when they have the ball in their possession or are likely to.

Edit: Your last sentence applies to just about every law of the game. :greengrin

The laws use the exact phrase ‘interfering with play’ to describe one of the ways in which you become active. See my post further back in the thread or the full version here: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

NZ Green
09-10-2018, 10:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG-dqXoKfC4
Levein wishing his team had the same discipline as the Japanese.

Notice how 4 Japanese players still managed to get back into the box afterwards too.

Hibbyradge
09-10-2018, 10:30 AM
The laws use the exact phrase ‘interfering with play’ to describe one of the ways in which you become active. See my post further back in the thread or the full version here: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

I stand corrected.

I would say that in respect of the definition given, no Rangers player was interfering with play, apart from Morelos.

nonshinyfinish
09-10-2018, 10:44 AM
I stand corrected.

I would say that in respect of the definition given, no Rangers player was interfering with play, apart from Morelos.

No argument there.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-10-2018, 11:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG-dqXoKfC4
Levein wishing his team had the same discipline as the Japanese.

Notice how 4 Japanese players still managed to get back into the box afterwards too.

Two guys on the edge of the D who start of by facing their own goal and immediately run in that direction . A very well planned and executed move that worked perfectly, a belts and braces approach if you like in case one of the defenders falls asleep. The opposite of how Hearts implemented it basically.

matty_f
09-10-2018, 11:44 AM
Still chuckling away at this. Imagine being the boy that forgot to run. Brilliant :faf: :faf:

Gloucester Hibs
09-10-2018, 11:56 AM
Two guys on the edge of the D who start of by facing their own goal and immediately run in that direction . A very well planned and executed move that worked perfectly, a belts and braces approach if you like in case one of the defenders falls asleep. The opposite of how Hearts implemented it basically.

Spot on, that's the way to do it.

Not sure the risk/reward is ever worth it though, you can only really do it once in a game (season even?) before teams get wise to it and exploit it. To echo earlier comments, very much hoping Levein's stubbornness forces him into attempting this a few more times to make a point. Persevere, Craig!

JimBHibees
09-10-2018, 01:22 PM

Yep well organised to have the two guys running back in, maybe you should send it to Pep Levein. :greengrin

calumhibee1
09-10-2018, 02:07 PM
Spot on, that's the way to do it.

Not sure the risk/reward is ever worth it though, you can only really do it once in a game (season even?) before teams get wise to it and exploit it. To echo earlier comments, very much hoping Levein's stubbornness forces him into attempting this a few more times to make a point. Persevere, Craig!

I’m the same. All that risk with about 5 different players having to time something right just to win a free kick in your own box? Seems utterly pointless.

aljo7-0
09-10-2018, 02:22 PM
it strikes me as odd that for such a defensively minded hoofball merchant, who prides himself on his team's defending, Levein tries to employ a tactic at the free kick to avoid defending a cross. Then ain Levein has always struck me as odd

BullsCloseHibs
09-10-2018, 02:38 PM
OMG. Truly awful 'defending' there.

What were they thinking? :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
09-10-2018, 02:42 PM
Even when top of the league they make themselves a laughing stock. Only Hearts.

Hibrandenburg
09-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Reminds me of this

https://youtu.be/vaG8pQt8l7o