PDA

View Full Version : Asian Cup

Ozyhibby
08-10-2018, 08:26 AM
Are we going to be losing Milligan, Boyle and McLaren for the whole of January for the Asian cup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
08-10-2018, 08:29 AM
Although winter break should help.

Billy Whizz
08-10-2018, 08:30 AM
Although winter break should help.

Doesn’t really, Scottish Cup stars on 18th Jan, and then we have 2 league games in Jan too

cleanyman
08-10-2018, 08:38 AM
5th January until 1st February

Australia are of course the defending champions

cleanyman
08-10-2018, 08:39 AM
Doesn’t really, Scottish Cup stars on 18th Jan, and then we have 2 league games in Jan too

If Australia reach he final that is 5 fixtures these players will miss including Aberdeen and Celtic

Ouch

danhibees1875
08-10-2018, 08:42 AM
If Australia reach he final that is 5 fixtures these players will miss including Aberdeen and Celtic

Ouch

Can we be selective with games that we ask to be postponed due to having 3 players on international duty?

Billy Whizz
08-10-2018, 08:44 AM
Can we be selective with games that we ask to be postponed due to having 3 players on international duty?

If we cancel fixtures, we’ll have a huge backlog

Sproule Three
08-10-2018, 08:49 AM

Asian Cup does not fall within ‘international window’ for some reason
Same as African nations cup which impacts lots of clubs too.
They’ll be available for derby on 29th Dec then could be away till Feb 1 depends how far Australia progress

Billy Whizz
08-10-2018, 08:51 AM
They’ll be available for derby on 29th Dec then could be away till Feb 1 depends how far Australia progress

What are their fixtures?
Think the tournament is in the Middle East somewhere

Ozyhibby
08-10-2018, 08:53 AM
What are their fixtures?
Think the tournament is in the Middle East somewhere

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181008/bd9831652c1f996fe16b529f9cb3c760.png

Billy Whizz
08-10-2018, 08:55 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181008/bd9831652c1f996fe16b529f9cb3c760.png

Ta, you’d think they’d qualify from that group

Hope they aren’t requested to join up before the Hearts game

danhibees1875
08-10-2018, 08:56 AM
If we cancel fixtures, we’ll have a huge backlog

Depends how many we cancelled - I'm assuming we'll have quite a few midweeks in the better weather where we could slot a couple back in. Seems a mute point point anyway:

Ah okay - seems a bit arbitrary.

bingo70
08-10-2018, 08:58 AM
Boyle needs to get his passport sorted before he can play for Australia I think. Anyone know how long that’s likely to take? Wouldn’t have thought that would be a quick process?

Ozyhibby
08-10-2018, 09:00 AM
Boyle needs to get his passport sorted before he can play for Australia I think. Anyone know how long that’s likely to take? Wouldn’t have thought that would be a quick process?

It will be fast tracked if they need him.

Billy Whizz
08-10-2018, 09:02 AM
Depends how many we cancelled - I'm assuming we'll have quite a few midweeks in the better weather where we could slot a couple back in. Seems a mute point point anyway:

Ah okay - seems a bit arbitrary.

The difficulty will be which ones do you cancel, as we don’t know if Australia will progress

B.H.F.C
08-10-2018, 09:02 AM
Ta, you’d think they’d qualify from that group

Hope they aren’t requested to join up before the Hearts game

That’s another point. That would be even more of a nightmare.

Lennon seems to have a decent relationship with their manager so hopefully they don’t head out until after that.

calumhibee1
08-10-2018, 09:54 AM

You’d think with the way they bent over for Hearts during the stadium fiasco that they’d show a bit common sense and allow us to postpone a couple of games while half our team are away representing their country.

Can you still request a game be postponed for no real reason? Like when Celtic done it and swanned off to play a friendly abroad? Could maybe make use of that?

Sproule Three
08-10-2018, 11:01 AM

I signed a form for him on Saturday as I’m an Aussie citizen in required occupations.
Think the Aussie FA might be able to fastrack it quicker than other people’s forms I’ve signed 😉

Sproule Three
08-10-2018, 11:09 AM
That’s another point. That would be even more of a nightmare.

Lennon seems to have a decent relationship with their manager so hopefully they don’t head out until after that.

The boys told me they won’t have to join up till after 29th if they are playing for clubs.
The squad will start gathering earlier though but only ones who have no club commitments

CropleyWasGod
08-10-2018, 11:14 AM
I signed a form for him on Saturday as I’m an Aussie citizen in required occupations.
Think the Aussie FA might be able to fastrack it quicker than other people’s forms I’ve signed 😉

Does he actually need an Aussie passport, or just a visa and a work permit?

(especially since he's not going to Oz).

hfc rd
08-10-2018, 11:27 AM
The January transfer window will be open as well though so Lennon could bring in a couple of players.

Billy Whizz
08-10-2018, 11:30 AM

Heard Boyle on his Hibs TV interview talking about trying to get Australian citizenship

R'Albin
08-10-2018, 11:31 AM
The January transfer window will be open as well though so Lennon could bring in a couple of players.

We can manage without Boyle and MacLaren but we could do with someone to replace Milligan. He's a massive player for us and I think we need better than Whittaker and Bartley (as much as I hate to say it).

Sproule Three
08-10-2018, 11:31 AM

He’ll need to be a citizen. Dual nationality is no issue . I have it as does Jamie Mac
He’ll be working intermittently in Australia on a long term basis if he performs well.

Newry Hibs
08-10-2018, 11:32 AM
are they all likely to be selected?
Milligan's an old man; Boyle a newbie; McClaren is injured.

CropleyWasGod
08-10-2018, 11:35 AM
He’ll need to be a citizen. Dual nationality is no issue . I have it as does Jamie Mac
He’ll be working intermittently in Australia on a long term basis if he performs well.

Gotcha, ta.

But will he need anything for the training camp, as it's not in Oz, other than a visa or similar for that country?

(as an aside, I was shocked to find I needed a visa for Oz. It didn't even cross my mind..... until I checked in at HK airport last year to fly to Sydney. My stomach went through the floor when I was asked if I had a visa. :greengrin Thankfully, I was able to arrange one there and then....)

Mick O'Rourke
08-10-2018, 11:37 AM
What on earth is the board up to allowing Neil to sign all these international class players?:wink:

No doubt Neil,Gary and co. have this possible outcome covered!

We have imo the strongest,most talented bench/squad that i can recall.

Steven79
08-10-2018, 12:15 PM

We should speak to Motherwell and bring the game against them from the 23rd of January to the 27th of October.

Billy Whizz
08-10-2018, 12:39 PM
We should speak to Motherwell and bring the game against them from the 23rd of January to the 27th of October.

Think it’s a reasonable shout. Wonder if we’re looking into it

blaikie
08-10-2018, 12:52 PM
Selfishly looking forward to going along to the Australian games with my Hibs top on 😎!

Sproule Three
08-10-2018, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;5571433]Gotcha, ta.

But will he need anything for the training camp, as it's not in Oz, other than a visa or similar for that country?

No need for the training camp in UAE .
I only signed my part of form on Saturday after game and he was flying out Sunday night so wouldn’t be processed that quickly
Be interesting to see how quick it is in comparison to the other two non professional sports people I’ve been asked to sign for 😉

Sproule Three
08-10-2018, 01:48 PM
are they all likely to be selected?
Milligan's an old man; Boyle a newbie; McClaren is injured.

For the Asian Cup - Milligan will be one of first selected .
Possible captain . New manager convinced him not to retire from international duty . The tournie might be his international swan song though
MacLaren will be a shoe in as well if fit.
Only striker the have scoring regularly .
Boyle - if he impresses he will . Manager has gone out his way to recruit him .He likes pacey players .

BlackSheep
08-10-2018, 03:14 PM
We can manage without Boyle and MacLaren but we could do with someone to replace Milligan. He's a massive player for us and I think we need better than Whittaker and Bartley (as much as I hate to say it).

Jan Kirchhoff.... he is represented by Kamberi's agent(s) and they have teased at a surprise in January for us.... He was on Lennon's radar a year or so ago too IIRC.