PDA

View Full Version : Next two league fixtures

DickieDastardly
07-10-2018, 09:53 PM
Whilst hopeful for more I think two points from the next two fixtures should be viewed an acceptable return.

Parkhead will be tough, Celtic have resources beyond everyone in the division and may be finding their form.

Tynecastle is rarely a happy hunting ground and while would love a win I think remaining unbeaten would be a satisfactory outcome.

Smartie
07-10-2018, 10:04 PM
I agree.

If we can emerge from the next 2 games without having been defeated then we should be delighted.

Get back to putting away the wee teams home and away then get a bit of momentum going when we have all our injured players back going into the busy December schedule.

Sammy7nil
07-10-2018, 10:12 PM
I would rather have at least 3 points

Michael
07-10-2018, 10:15 PM
Due a win at both places. Probably best chance of beating Celtic in Glasgow for a while.

Spike Mandela
08-10-2018, 08:07 AM
Aim for six points, happy enough with 4 points, settle for 3 points as long as win is at Tynie, 2 points disappointing, 1 point very disappointing and 0 poinrs not even being discussed.

ian cruise
08-10-2018, 08:14 AM
I'm hoping the new surface at Tynecastle will play to our strengths, plus with their strong arm tactics Mallan will hopefully get a few shots at goal so 3 points there for me.

Celtic who know, I listened to game yesterday on radio while driving and they sounded pretty unplayable but from what I gather other genes they've been terrible. Possibly at a similar point in the season to us where things are starting to click and players are starting to come back from niggly injuries, expecting a good game as we've shown recently we can go head to head with them, but I have no idea how it will finish.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-10-2018, 08:24 AM
Not winning at Celtc Park isn't really news. When we go there, the performance is as important as anything else. If we go there and play our own game, that will be good enough.

The Hearts game, hyperbole aside, looks like a draw.

Steve20
08-10-2018, 08:30 AM
Killie and Livi have a couple of winnable fixtures. While it's not the end of the world if they go above us temporary, it would be better we don't slip to 5th or 6th. So, I'd hope we manage to win at least one of these next two games.

Two draws on paper doesn't seem terrible, but would still be four point dropped.

So, two wins please. :greengrin

Diclonius
08-10-2018, 08:32 AM
Two points would be great.

However, I'd take an 0-5 at Parkhead for the scrappiest, jammiest luckiest 1-0 at Tynecastle.

SirDavidsNapper
08-10-2018, 08:35 AM
We're capable of getting a result in both. 2 points wouldn't be a disaster but 4 is more than doable

cleanyman
08-10-2018, 08:36 AM
I'd be happy with 2.

If we get more than that then fantastic

B.H.F.C
08-10-2018, 08:44 AM
Above all I want us to win at Tynecastle.

We all know how brutal our record is there and I think I’ve spent most of my Hibs supporting life saying that we need to change it. However, we do need to change it.

We’re capable of getting a result in both games. We should have won at Parkhead last year and they were in far better nick then than they are now. And I think we are a better side than we were at this time last season as well.

danhibees1875
08-10-2018, 09:53 AM
2 would be a fair return I think. In all honesty, even 1 (from Tynie) wouldn't be all that bad - as pessimistic as that sounds it's about in line with expectations.

3+ would be lovely. 6 Would put us top of the league after pretty much a full round of fixtures - net sure when that would have last happened. 72/73 perhaps?

Diclonius
08-10-2018, 10:19 AM
2 would be a fair return I think. In all honesty, even 1 (from Tynie) wouldn't be all that bad - as pessimistic as that sounds it's about in line with expectations.

3+ would be lovely. 6 Would put us top of the league after pretty much a full round of fixtures - net sure when that would have last happened. 72/73 perhaps?

We went top in 12-13 after 13 games.

where'stheslope
08-10-2018, 10:23 AM
Not winning at Celtc Park isn't really news. When we go there, the performance is as important as anything else. If we go there and play our own game, that will be good enough.

The Hearts game, hyperbole aside, looks like a draw.

After todays headlines in the papers, it will be the next usurpers put to the sword!!!!
Every game from now, they will be waiting for our bubble to burst, and if and when it does you will hear about it!!!

Keyser Sauzee
08-10-2018, 10:47 AM
Aim for six points, happy enough with 4 points, settle for 3 points as long as win is at Tynie, 2 points disappointing, 1 point very disappointing and 0 poinrs not even being discussed.

A much poorer hearts team beat us at Tyine last year and we’ve not won at Celtic Park in a good while so why is 0 points not to be discussed?? I would love us to come out with at least 1 win but it’s just as likely we won’t win either. I’d be happy with 2 points.

Dashing Bob S
08-10-2018, 10:54 AM
Anything less than 6 points would be disappointing

NAE NOOKIE
08-10-2018, 11:00 AM
6 points would be bloody title winning form :greengrin

Its really hard to say what will happen, Celtic appear to have rediscovered their mojo, at least domestically, and I remain to be convinced that we are yet tough enough in midfield to combat the usual brutal Hertz approach, I highly doubt they will allow us to play football.

Two draws would be a very acceptable outcome IMO … how many teams are actually going to come away with full points from Celtic park and the Rust arena this season anyway? A win and a draw would be a fantastic return and a win and a defeat would still be more than decent, but the truth is we could just as easily lose both games … as usual we will have to be at our very best and carry a bit of luck … always in short supply at both venues unfortunately.

We are capable of beating both teams, of that I have no doubt. But they have home advantage and in Hertz case that infuriatingly postage sized pitch which nullifies our width to an extent, its where more than any other venue we miss a Scott Allan type player capable of a defence splitting through ball.

If we can defy the odds and beat Celtic it makes the derby a free hit IMO … wouldn't that be good :aok:

wookie70
08-10-2018, 11:00 AM
Two points would be a very good return as these are the teams we will be fighting it out against and it is important to take something from the games if we want a European spot or better. We are capable of beating anyone on their day but historically the signs are not good for a haul of points from either ground.

southern hibby
08-10-2018, 11:12 AM
2 wins for me and at least 50% of shots on target a goal. Means we’ll beat Celtic 2-0 and hearts by at least 4.😉

GGTTH

hibbyfraelibby
08-10-2018, 11:39 AM
If we really have ambitions about winning the league, and I believe secretly our manager does, then we need the full 6 points.

For the first time in over a decade the league is there for the taking.

patlowe
08-10-2018, 11:44 AM
If we really have ambitions about winning the league, and I believe secretly our manager does, then we need the full 6 points.

For the first time in over a decade the league is there for the taking.

I really don't think it is but we are building a great platform to push for a European place.

makaveli1875
08-10-2018, 11:57 AM
1 game at a time . go to glasgow and get tore right intae them from the kick off .. we have the players to go there and get the win

Nevi_SOL
08-10-2018, 12:07 PM
Anything less than 6 points would be disappointing

This

We as fans need to change our attitude to a winning one if we’re serious about challenging for top 3, the players have done so

Ozyhibby
08-10-2018, 12:15 PM
We have the advantage of a 10 day break between the Celtic game and the derby while the yams have to fit two extra games in in that time. Hopefully we can make it tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
08-10-2018, 12:23 PM
2-1 to us v Celtic.
3-1 to us v Hearts.

6pts in bag.

danhibees1875
08-10-2018, 12:29 PM
This

We as fans need to change our attitude to a winning one if we’re serious about challenging for top 3, the players have done so

I'd expect the players to aim for 6 points, of course. What individual fans think will happen will have no bearing on the outcome though.

YehButNoBut
08-10-2018, 01:03 PM
Think we'll get 3 points, loss to Celtic & win at Tynie

Keith_M
08-10-2018, 01:36 PM
We're long overdue at win at Tynecastle so I hope that when we do score, the officials actually award us the goal(s).

I feel a bit more positive than I did 2-3 weeks ago, as we seem to be coming on to some decent form, and Mallan's Free Kicks should give us an even better chance.

Diclonius
08-10-2018, 02:11 PM
Due a win at both places. Probably best chance of beating Celtic in Glasgow for a while.

Our best chance in probably my entire time as a Hibs fan. Still very difficult though.

Our last win there was early 2009 (Danny Galbraith winner).

Sir David Gray
08-10-2018, 04:37 PM
4 points for me.

I think this side is capable of winning at places like Parkhead and Tynecastle and it's up to them to prove that.

We need to show up at Tynecastle for a change. We don't do it anywhere near enough.

ian cruise
08-10-2018, 05:32 PM
I'd expect the players to aim for 6 points, of course. What individual fans think will happen will have no bearing on the outcome though.

Don't be silly, we know many player will be going in to the game thinking "I really thought we could win today but the fans said we wouldn't so might as will just chick the next 90 mins"

Hi Heid Yin
08-10-2018, 05:36 PM
Hearts v Hibs:

I firmly believe that we have superior players to Hearts all over the park.
Play to our strengths and victory will follow.

Celtic v Hibs:

Neil Lennon relishes this particular fixture and will have our boys totally fired up. I am confident that, again, if we play to our strengths, we will come away from Parkhead undefeated.

CMurdoch
08-10-2018, 05:49 PM
Playing Celtic at their place with them playing catch up will be tough. A draw would be a good result.

Hearts game is a 50/50 and there is no reason we can't win it.

The diamond of Bogdan with Porteous, Hanlon and Ambrose on front of him and Milligan on front of them is a wonderfully robust thing which will be hard for any team to break down. These will be good tests for it and i don't think Hearts will have the answers.

eastcoasthibby
08-10-2018, 06:11 PM
We need a full squad to choose from so we have the options to play the right systems for each game, as both play differently and we need to adjust our styles as well to get the results we want !!
We need to match up to Celtic and have a goattheir defence with pace and footbal, I still they are poor at the back when the ball is on the ground.
Hertz are very different we need to be strong physically and competitive in midfield ..with pace wide as the out ball , they will target our ball players every opportunity and high balls are not the answer to Flo ....
So we need agyepong, boyle, jamie mac, horgan all ready to contribute ...we.also need a strong ref who will deal with the share it around kicking, fouling and assaults that they deploy.

erin go bragh
08-10-2018, 08:17 PM
6pts and it’s game on . 4pts or 3pts wouldn’t be shabby either. Due a win at the PBS .

Billy Whizz
08-10-2018, 08:24 PM
6pts and it’s game on . 4pts or 3pts wouldn’t be shabby either. Due a win at the PBS .

I win is better than 2 draws

Where do you want the win😄

ian cruise
08-10-2018, 10:28 PM
I win is better than 2 draws

Where do you want the win😄

I was thinking that too. As good as it is too keep an unbeaten run going if you offered me a win and a loss over two draws I'd have to take it. Preferably over Hearts with the Celtic game being a high scoring game and good performance to keep the feel good factor regardless of result.

Obviously two wins or a win and draw would be even better and no reason we can't do that, we're good enough.

mutley
09-10-2018, 08:45 AM
Celtc away is never an easy fixture, and seen by some as the most difficult of the season, but we have won there before, and can do it again. Celtc are dying to get point on the board and get back up the table, so would be happy with a draw at Parkhead.

Tincastle, well what can I say?? we have been robbed there so many times, it's about time we had a bit of retribution. Oh how I would love nothing more than to absolutely hammer them there and jump over them into top spot, but I have to look on with a bit of realism here. Because of the Griffiths goal that was well over the line and Shaw's ghost goal that wasn't given, we are due something there so a scrappy 0-1 will do me.

Overall I think 4 points would be a great return.
All 6 would be glorious.
2-3 points I would hurumph a bit, but except it.
1 point I would be a bit "meh not good enough".
0 points is not even worth thinking about!

Since90+2
09-10-2018, 08:49 AM
Celtc away is never an easy fixture, and seen by some as the most difficult of the season, but we have won there before, and can do it again. Celtc are dying to get point on the board and get back up the table, so would be happy with a draw at Parkhead.

Tincastle, well what can I say?? we have been robbed there so many times, it's about time we had a bit of retribution. Oh how I would love nothing more than to absolutely hammer them there and jump over them into top spot, but I have to look on with a bit of realism here. Because of the Griffiths goal that was well over the line and Shaw's ghost goal that wasn't given, we are due something there so a scrappy 0-1 will do me.

Overall I think 4 points would be a great return.
All 6 would be glorious.
2-3 points I would hurumph a bit, but except it.
1 point I would be a bit "meh not good enough".
0 points is not even worth thinking about!

It will be a difficult game for us as despite Celtic not being the team they were 18 months ago they still have quality players. A point would be a great result for us and set us up nicely for the Derby as I can see Aberdeen getting atleast a draw at Tynecastle.

Keith_M
09-10-2018, 07:12 PM
Don't be silly, we know many player will be going in to the game thinking "I really thought we could win today but the fans said we wouldn't so might as will just chick the next 90 mins"

Obviously

:tee hee:

GRA
09-10-2018, 08:43 PM
Considering Celtic have only lost one league game at home in two seasons and Hearts only lost one league game at Tynie over the last year (to Celtic) it's a tall order to ask for two victories! Excluding the fact our recent record at both grounds has been terrible this decade...

That said im going for us to turn the tables and get two 1-0 wins [emoji1184][emoji1]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Tinribs
09-10-2018, 09:05 PM
One fly in the ointment will be what state the internationalists come back in, Lennon alluded to his concerns about that pretty bluntly in his post match.

Phil MaGlass
10-10-2018, 06:02 PM
Draw at sellik, win at hertz.:agree: