PDA

View Full Version : Title challengers

Ozyhibby
07-10-2018, 06:58 PM
http://www.unmodernman.net/confidence-crisis/

Seems like as good a time as any to post this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pagan Hibernia
07-10-2018, 07:43 PM
Lovely stuff, good article.

That was a cracking quote from Alex Ferguson;

“Having set that standard there is no way I’ll let the players drop below it. They may as well accept that fact right now because there is no way I’ll give up on my fight to get total belief in their ability to win every game, and I mean sincerely, every game. The one thing that has annoyed me all my life is the acceptance that Rangers & Celtic must win, that everything is geared around them, that nobody but nobody is expected to beat them. I played for Rangers and believe me they were not any better than the players at say, Dunfermline my previous Club but they believed they are better and this to me is the greatest challenge. I look at everything round about me and success is staring people in the face but the one thing that is lying hidden inside people’s heads is this total belief. We have it in the Beach End and that’s where we must build & develop from, right through the corridors of Pittodrie and into the dressing room”

I actually think our club has done more than anyone in the last year or two to smash the inferiority complex. The fearless way we play when we go to Ibrox and parkhead, the way our board stand up to them eg the rangers ticket allocation at ER and the McGinn/Celtic transfer saga...

if other clubs took them on in the same way we’d all be a lot better off.

Jack Hackett
07-10-2018, 08:25 PM
Lovely stuff, good article.

That was a cracking quote from Alex Ferguson;

“Having set that standard there is no way I’ll let the players drop below it. They may as well accept that fact right now because there is no way I’ll give up on my fight to get total belief in their ability to win every game, and I mean sincerely, every game. The one thing that has annoyed me all my life is the acceptance that Rangers & Celtic must win, that everything is geared around them, that nobody but nobody is expected to beat them. I played for Rangers and believe me they were not any better than the players at say, Dunfermline my previous Club but they believed they are better and this to me is the greatest challenge. I look at everything round about me and success is staring people in the face but the one thing that is lying hidden inside people’s heads is this total belief. We have it in the Beach End and that’s where we must build & develop from, right through the corridors of Pittodrie and into the dressing room”

I actually think our club has done more than anyone in the last year or two to smash the inferiority complex. The fearless way we play when we go to Ibrox and parkhead, the way our board stand up to them eg the rangers ticket allocation at ER and the McGinn/Celtic transfer saga...

if other clubs took them on in the same way we’d all be a lot better off.

:agree:

Telling the playground bullies to go eff themselves. What's the worst that could happen? The SPL flourished when the tribute act were fumbling their way back to the top league. The loss of thousands of bigoted sub-human away fans didn't seem to impact crowds over the course of the seasons. I sincerely hope we play fair and cut the Celtc allocation in our next home game against them. They don't deserve any more seats than we gave their odious neebs

tamig
07-10-2018, 08:39 PM
The only bit I didn’t like was around the Romanov reference. He’d already mentioned clubs going into financial meltdown trying to keep up with the OF but didn’t mention the fraud and deception that underpinned that decent start hertz had at the start of 05/06.