PDA

View Full Version : Food quality and prices at the fitba'

Hibbyradge
07-10-2018, 10:13 AM
Compared to the Riverside Stadium, Easter Road is AA Rosette standard at Poundland prices!

https://twitter.com/theawayfans/status/1048591291502776320?s=09

MWHIBBIES
07-10-2018, 10:17 AM
Are they even inside the ground?

MB62
07-10-2018, 10:23 AM
I bought two pies in the wee butcher in Albert Street on the way to the game. They were absolutely brilliant compared to what we get in the ground and at £2.10p for both, less than the half price what you pay at ER too. This guy now has my business on match days :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
07-10-2018, 10:25 AM
I bought two pies in the wee butcher in Albert Street on the way to the game. They were absolutely brilliant compared to what we get in the ground and at £2.10p for both, less than the half price what you pay at ER too. This guy now has my business on match days :thumbsup:

Were they hot?

cad
07-10-2018, 12:04 PM
I dare say if the demand was there ( Graham Cherry) the butcher could have a few warmed up for the troops going along to Easter Road, if your daft enough to buy the crap inside crack on ,its been an ongoing thing for year ripping the pish out the supporters, high time it was just left to its own devices until the club sorts it out, TBH they've been in no hurry for donkeys to sort the price and quality out so why encourage them.

Fife-Hibee
07-10-2018, 12:18 PM

We always get their family steak pies at new year 👍

Hibbyradge
07-10-2018, 12:26 PM
I don't want a pie before the game and I don't want to keep a cold one in my pocket for an hour or so before eating it.

I like one at halftime. I always have. It's almost part of my ritual and has been for nearly 50 years.

It costs about £1 extra for a pie at the match which amounts to maybe £20 a year or 40p a week.

I'm daft enough not to mind that.

LustForLeith
07-10-2018, 05:11 PM
Only negative from yesterday was once again the joke of the catering. In the lower West half the tills were closed so had to wait ages on a juice. Whilst standing there two folk returned their half eaten pies complaining of how bad they were.

Isn’t this something fan reps/the club are looking into?

MB62
08-10-2018, 07:57 AM
Were they hot?

They were indeed, just perfect for eating.

Last Minute
08-10-2018, 08:14 AM
Only negative from yesterday was once again the joke of the catering. In the lower West half the tills were closed so had to wait ages on a juice. Whilst standing there two folk returned their half eaten pies complaining of how bad they were.

I was one of them returning 2 pie I had bought. just before half time we bought 2 pies and a coffee, got to our seat to find the Pies brick hard and I mean break hard. I could not even break the crust with my fingers. Took them back and the girl said sorry I'll check the ovens for 2 softer ones. She checked all 3 ovens and all the pies were the same brick hard as they have been in the ovens too long. She give us our moneys back. During the 2nd half a guy just along from us was trying to eat a pie and was saying its brick hard, told him to take it back which he did. I went down to see how he got on and the catering manageress was there. I explained what had happed and told her about the catering here and all she said was it was Hibs Management that tell them when to put the ovens on and off. I told her this was absolutely nonsense and walked away. I'm so surprised there is not a lot of fans here complaining today as when she checked the ovens for me at half time all the pies were brick hard. When are the Fans Reps going to do something about this? we keep complaining about this and they say they will look into it bout nothing happens. must be the Worst Catering in Scotland.

MB62
08-10-2018, 01:10 PM

As this has been an on going issue for many years, I'm sure the club must be aware of it, but for whatever reason, are choosing to ignore it.
I recently bought a wee poke of chips at the game, which I would best describe as 'okay' but at £2 (+) ? were overpriced. I reckon the club are relying greatly on parents giving in to the demands of their kids, who are happy to eat all the rubbish of the day.
As long as there is a profit involved, why bother about the complaints.

Hibrandenburg
06-08-2023, 08:31 AM
I was at the Plymouth Argyle v Huddersfield game yesterday and Plymouth were offering up what they called "Piggy Fries". It was basically a paper tray with chips covered in pulled pork, cheese and sour cream. Not exactly Michelin Star quality cuisine but it was pretty tasty and filled me up.

NC1875
06-08-2023, 09:07 AM
Me and my boy had a pie each on Thursday and they were decent.

Didn’t have any milk or draught juice though which is a bit of a shambles

Hibby Bairn
06-08-2023, 09:19 AM
Smaller clubs do this better. Run by volunteers generally and better prices. Hibs should visit Alloa for how to do match catering.

I accept its different when there is 15,000 people. But outsourcing very rarely improves things.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2023, 09:30 AM
Smaller clubs do this better. Run by volunteers generally and better prices. Hibs should visit Alloa for how to do match catering.

I accept its different when there is 15,000 people. But outsourcing very rarely improves things.
We should have kiosks/ vans outside the East etc

McD
06-08-2023, 09:31 AM
Got a steak pie on Thursday evening which was actually reasonable to eat, apart from that, slow moving queues and a badly thought-out positioning for stuff people might want after purchasing (like milk, sugar, sauces, stirrers) which could be improved on with a bit of sensible planning, and some more staffing at the kiosks. Wasn’t horrendous but definitely could be improved

WeeRussell
06-08-2023, 09:40 AM
I don't want a pie before the game and I don't want to keep a cold one in my pocket for an hour or so before eating it.

I like one at halftime. I always have. It's almost part of my ritual and has been for nearly 50 years.

It costs about £1 extra for a pie at the match which amounts to maybe £20 a year or 40p a week.

I'm daft enough not to mind that.

Bloody do-gooder!