PDA

View Full Version : Adam Bogdan

Pretty Boy
07-10-2018, 06:44 AM
How good is he?

Strange to single out a keeper after a 6-0 win but his save in the 1st half after Efe and Porteous left the ball to each other was huge. If that went in it was a different game. He also came and claimed 2 or 3 balls under pressure and had one punch in amongst bodies in the 2nd half that he got good distance on.

After a nervy start when it was obvious he needed games he has just got better and better. He looks so calm and composed and pulls out big saves when neeeded. I like Marciano but he has a real fight on hos hands to get back in the team; that can only be good for us.

SouthMoroccoStu
07-10-2018, 06:46 AM
Great post

He has been excellent since the away leg in Greece

Rocky is going to have a real fight on his hands to get the gloves back

marinello59
07-10-2018, 06:47 AM
He is the best keeper we have had in years. I doubt it will happen but making his deal permanent would be a brilliant bit of business.

bingo70
07-10-2018, 06:49 AM
He is the best keeper we have had in years. I doubt it will happen but making his deal permanent would be a brilliant bit of business.

Think he’s out of contract at the end of this year so might have a chance of a permanent deal?

LithgaeHibby
07-10-2018, 06:51 AM
I think he has better distribution than Rocky, i.e., no long kicks aimed at David Gray on the far touchline that go out for a throw.

Libby Hibby
07-10-2018, 06:52 AM
We are lucky to have very reliable goalkeepers to pick from. Bogdan has the jersey just now and rightly so but what a fight Rocky has on his hands.

I like how comfortable coming for crosses is for Bogdan.

BILLYHIBS
07-10-2018, 06:59 AM
I think he has better distribution than Rocky, i.e., no long kicks aimed at David Gray on the far touchline that go out for a throw.
Remember them well used to dae ma heid in did it at least once every game. I remember he did it at Tinycastle last Derby of last season I thought Lenny was going to have a heart attack.

FilipinoHibs
07-10-2018, 07:38 AM
Very quick distribution with a roll out or pass to outfield player. Think we have been working on that. Puts us back on front foot quickly. Think also good at taking cross balls. No spills or dangerous punches.

B.H.F.C
07-10-2018, 07:59 AM
Rocky ain’t getting back in any time soon.

Since the game in Greece he’s been very good.

Gmack7
07-10-2018, 08:13 AM
He may not have the number 1 shirt but he's our number 1 until he has a dip in form or injury/suspension dictates

calumhibee1
07-10-2018, 08:14 AM
Still don’t think he’s quite as good as Rocky but thats more because of how highly I rate Rocky than a slight on Bogdan. He’s been very good other than his first couple of games.

Scooter
07-10-2018, 08:22 AM
He's been great can't fault anything he's done. I don't know why, but I fully fit and motivated Rocky would be my 1st choice

neil7908
07-10-2018, 08:23 AM
When was the last time we had 1 top quality keeper, let alone 2?

And with Laidlaw as a very capable 3rd choice.

EH54
07-10-2018, 08:25 AM
Big man has come right into a game like the rest of the team atm. Keeps playing like that rocky won't get a sniff!

Brooster
07-10-2018, 08:28 AM
Bogdan is streets ahead of Rocky. Sign him up.

Ryan69
07-10-2018, 08:31 AM

May be more possible than you think...He is way down the line at Liverpool.
So you just never know.

Allant1981
07-10-2018, 08:33 AM

he isnt really, both really good keepers but wouldnt say there is much between the 2

we are hibs
07-10-2018, 08:36 AM

He's not though.

bigwheel
07-10-2018, 08:39 AM

I find it mad people have that view....I've seen some performances from Rocky at a level that only Goram matched for us...we are blessed with two top notch goalkeepers...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
07-10-2018, 08:40 AM
I find it mad people have that view....I've seen some performances from Rocky at a level that only Goram matched for us...we are blessed with two top notch goalkeepers...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've never had two keepers on such parity of ability since the days of Zibi and Si Clown.

Barman Stanton
07-10-2018, 08:45 AM
We've never had two keepers on such parity of ability since the days of Zibi and Si Clown.

I was thinking more Rough and Goram but prefer your example.

Keyser Sauzee
07-10-2018, 08:54 AM
Bogdan just shades it for me, think it comes down to Rockys kicking which end up out the pro far more than it should. Both great keepers tho

hibee_girl
07-10-2018, 09:05 AM
He’s maybe the best keeper I’ve seen play for us (not counting Logan of course :greengrin )

I was saying to my Grandad yesterday that you never worry with Bogdan, always got complete confidence he’s getting the ball first. He’s so alert to what’s going on too and that’s not something we can say about some of our previous keepers.

We’ve also not had to rush Marciano back after injury due to Bogdan’s form and that can only be a good thing.

HFCdeb
07-10-2018, 09:38 AM
Completely dominates his box. He's sheer quality and Rocky will struggle to get the gloves back off him. Extra points for his great distribution, too. He is class.

GRA
07-10-2018, 09:44 AM
4 clean sheets in a row... no matter how well Rocky does in training can't drop a guy with those stats! He looks very comfortable, good distribution and knows when to come off his line.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

O'Rourke3
07-10-2018, 10:21 AM
Rocky's only getting in for injury or suspension the way Adam is playing. Last season there was a lot of pressure for him to perform before Laidlaw's unfortunate semi final and lattetly after Bell's performance at McDirmaid Park. When there's a challange - he's been brilliant. Kind of bodes well for the season both keeper's knowing there's someone as good/better waiting....

Dancehibs
07-10-2018, 10:27 AM
It’s great we have two very competent keepers. Long overdue

MWHIBBIES
07-10-2018, 10:28 AM

He's not. Different strengths, both good goalies. Rocky is definitely a better shot stopper. He has incredible reflexes. Bogdan more commanding, better in the air.

calumhibee1
07-10-2018, 10:34 AM
He's not. Different strengths, both good goalies. Rocky is definitely a better shot stopper. He has incredible reflexes. Bogdan more commanding, better in the air.

That’s the way I see it. Bogdan is possibly slightly more solid but Rocky is way more capable of the extraordinary.

AgentDaleCooper
07-10-2018, 10:37 AM

Bogdan has pulled off some amazing reaction saves has he not? I think marciano is brilliant, but bogdan has been pretty much flawless for the last month at least.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-10-2018, 10:46 AM
If the reason for Marciano making a return to the starting line-up is that Bogdan makes a costly mistake, I hope that doesn't happen.

blackpoolhibs
07-10-2018, 10:53 AM
Bogdan for me is the better keeper, although i do rate Rocky in my opinion Bogdan is better.

I have no problem with Lennon bringing in better players than we currently have, if he brings in someone better than Kamberi and Mallan in January i'd be even happier than i am now.

BT58
07-10-2018, 12:23 PM
We got in early yesterday, Rocky was in goals for the players to take shots. I honestly thought Bogdan was not playing, does he not warm up like the rest ??. Its great to have to class goalies as they will know any mistakes and they could lose them their place.

CMurdoch
07-10-2018, 01:19 PM
Completely dominates his box. He's sheer quality and Rocky will struggle to get the gloves back off him. Extra points for his great distribution, too. He is class.

I agree and posted the following on another thread:
"I would also like our club to be negotiating a precontract deal with Adam Bogdan. He has settled down and has been playing faultlessly. At 31 he might decide that he is enjoying playing football for an improving team and be happy to stick around. I prefer his all round quality to Marciano's spectacular shot stopping which masks some of his weaknesses"

cleanyman
07-10-2018, 01:23 PM
For folk saying Bogdan is streets ahead....come on

We are lucky to have two excellent keepers at the club. Unforunately for Rocky he has had a bad injury and Bogdan has taken the opportunity with both hands

I am happy with both and we also have a very good goalie at number 3

marleyhib
07-10-2018, 01:33 PM
Bogdan is a class act, it’s been a long time since I remember us having a keeper as good at handling crosses. Rocky is a fantastic shot stopper, away win at Killie last season sticks in my mind but so does him getting sent off against ST Johnstone which admittedly might be a bit harsh.

We love us to sign Adam permanently.

07-10-2018, 01:45 PM
Much as I like Rocky, Bogdan just shades it for me as he is better coming for crosses whereas Rocky doesn't command his box so well and sometimes stays on his line when he should be going for the ball. Bogdan also has a good long throw in his locker.

Great to have them both, would love it if we got Bogdan on a permanent deal.

makaveli1875
07-10-2018, 01:57 PM
Rocky is the better keeper , he's pulled off some mind boggling saves for us . That said he is prone to the odd moment of madness like his red card , Bogdan is more consistent and better distribution but Rocky is the better shot stopper

NZ Green
07-10-2018, 03:12 PM
Rocky has consistently pulled off a number of world class saves for Hibs - It's still early days for Bogdan but he's earned the chance to prove himself against tougher opposition. Its nice to have 2 top quality keepers to chose from though.

Shrekko
07-10-2018, 03:50 PM
Rocky is the better keeper , he's pulled off some mind boggling saves for us . That said he is prone to the odd moment of madness like his red card , Bogdan is more consistent and better distribution but Rocky is the better shot stopper

So if Bogdan is more consistent how is Rocky the ‘better keeper’? The shot stopping thing is debateable in any case. Some incredible saves but some shots that often look saveable going past.

Rocky for me has been good for Hibs but he has your heart in your mouth a lot of the time and for a big guy he just doesn’t command his box and often flaps at crosses. Bogdan is the first keeper in donkeys years that I’ve seen dominating his box and his timing is always impeccable. His distribution is a mile better than Rocky so I’d say he probably has a far more rounded game.

southern hibby
07-10-2018, 03:55 PM
I have no preferance over either goalkeeper as both are good. But we’ve kept a few clean sheets now AND since Bogdan has been in Ambrose has been outstanding. Coincidence ??? Not sure but both together are doing the damage together for our defence.

GGTTH

cabbageandribs1875
07-10-2018, 04:46 PM
happy 29th birthday to Rocky today :thumbsup:

RyeSloan
07-10-2018, 10:27 PM
Bogdan has done brilliantly and currently for me is looking a good upgrade on Rocky.

Marciano always seemed to have a bit of a lapse in concentration in him, a touch of Efe if you want, but Bogdan just seems so switched on all the time.

Nice problem to have but on recent form I’m backing Bogdan in this discussion [emoji736]

Hi Heid Yin
08-10-2018, 12:33 AM
Bogdan is in a rich vein of form and looks every inch a solid, quality keeper.
His handling and distribution have been excellent.
Rock is also quality but when he is fully fit he might just have to bide his time to get back in.
It's an ideal scenario for our club - Two great keepers.

08-10-2018, 03:38 AM
Got off to a poor start with us and I must admit I was worried we had gone back to the days of bombscare hibs keepers but delighted to have been proven wrong. He's been great so far this season, making some terrific saves.

As said above, Marcianno is going to have to work dam hard to get the gloves back but having 2 good goalkeepers in competition with each other for 1st spot is a good thing :thumbsup:

Ryan69
08-10-2018, 05:35 AM
Its a great situation tobe in...disagreeing who the best goalie is. :)

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2018, 05:37 AM
Its a great situation tobe in...disagreeing who the best goalie is. :)

Yip. :agree: we've not done this since Simon Brown and Zibby. :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
17-10-2018, 05:27 PM
We got in early yesterday, Rocky was in goals for the players to take shots. I honestly thought Bogdan was not playing, does he not warm up like the rest ??. Its great to have to class goalies as they will know any mistakes and they could lose them their place.

bri you need to empty yer PM box :aok:

Malthibby
17-10-2018, 06:34 PM
Yip. :agree: we've not done this since Simon Brown and Zibby. :wink:

That's just no' funny.:rolleyes:
Zibby has given me most of the worst moments of my Hibee life and that includes most of the 80s.....
Oh, the pain.
GG

A Hi-Bee
17-10-2018, 07:30 PM
Lucky to have two very fine keepers I will just enjoy watching while they are with the Hibs.

:flag::flag::flag:

Ronniekirk
17-10-2018, 07:41 PM
Bogdan is the Man in possession and I can't see him being dropped at present as he is part of a defence that has kept a number of clean sheets He deserves to retain his place in the Team on Merit

edinburghhibee
18-10-2018, 10:25 AM
Warming to bogdan!

The night he gave us in Greece will never be forgotten. That night he made some unbelievable saves!

Would the after party have been as good If we had been knocked out... not a chance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BT58
18-10-2018, 10:43 AM
Dave. Inbox clear
B

Onion
18-10-2018, 12:31 PM
Wasn’t sure about Bogdan but he’s definitely grown in confidence and built a good understanding with our defence. The run of shut outs and goal against numbers in last few games makes him hard to displace, even by Rocky who’s the best we’ve had in a while. Great problem for Lennon to have.

Shrekko
20-10-2018, 05:08 PM
Absolutely brilliant again today.

Convinced he is the keeper we’ve been looking for now.

rotherhamrob
20-10-2018, 05:10 PM
If we can, he's a keeper😎😎

Dalianwanda
20-10-2018, 05:11 PM
Absolutely brilliant again today.

Convinced he is the keeper we’ve been looking for now.

Yup...From my dodgy stream thought he was great, can’t lose his place.

cleanyman
20-10-2018, 05:13 PM
Made a couple of decent saves

I wouldn't say he was absolutely brilliant

Allant1981
20-10-2018, 05:14 PM

why do you even bother posting, almost every single post is negative

AndyB_70
20-10-2018, 05:20 PM
Was at the game today and he was bloody fantastic. Some cracking saves when players straight throw he stood tall and blocked their attempts at goal. Great performance and i can't see Rocky getting his place back anytime soon.

Shrekko
20-10-2018, 05:21 PM

A couple of ‘decent’ saves ....😂

He was absolutely brilliant - trust me.

GreenProfessor
20-10-2018, 05:24 PM

Bogdan (and our post) kept Hibs in the game today.

B.H.F.C
20-10-2018, 05:32 PM
He’s our number one now.

supermcginn
20-10-2018, 05:36 PM
We need to get him on a permanent deal, top class

Allant1981
20-10-2018, 05:37 PM
We need to get him on a permanent deal, top class

think if he keeps playing well he might be out our price range but you never know

SingaporeHibs
20-10-2018, 05:37 PM
He’s our number one now.

For now there is absolutely no reason to change keepers. He has improved as he settled into the team. Without doubt our number 1. It’s a great situation to be in to have Rocky in the wings should we need to change at some stage but for now Bogdan is doing a great job. GGTTH

flash
20-10-2018, 06:19 PM

You have been at it for months on here.

SChibs
20-10-2018, 07:42 PM

The saves he made at the one on ones today were superb, not sure what more you are expecting to be honest.

BoomtownHibees
20-10-2018, 07:46 PM

How are you still here?

FitbaFolkKen
20-10-2018, 07:57 PM
The saves he made at the one on ones today were superb, not sure what more you are expecting to be honest.

He does a fantasy job of making himself big at one on ones. Big fan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Famous Fiver
20-10-2018, 08:08 PM
Best at on on ones since big Conrad was introduced to us in that memorable semi final.

Still gives me goose bumps every time I think about his performance that day.

Hopefully Adam Dogdan will keep trying to emulate him.

Oranje39
20-10-2018, 10:01 PM
It would have been embarrassing today if it wasn't for Bogdan. He was let down countless times by the chaos in front of him.

kaimendhibs
20-10-2018, 11:18 PM
Brilliant keeper

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
21-10-2018, 01:51 AM
Was pleased he got through today without making a mistake.
He rehabilitation is complete.

Confident, great handling, distribution, shot stopping and one on ones.
The full package.

Best since Goram.

Speedway
21-10-2018, 10:59 AM
Bogdan was superb yesterday by the way.

Shrekko
21-10-2018, 11:06 AM
Was pleased he got through today without making a mistake.
He rehabilitation is complete.

Confident, great handling, distribution, shot stopping and one on ones.
The full package.

Best since Goram.
That’s what I think too👍

CMurdoch
22-10-2018, 12:15 PM
That’s what I think too👍

and much taller than Goram

Bangkok Hibby
22-10-2018, 12:40 PM
Bogdan for me. Great shot stopper, commands the box, huge at one to ones, great throw out, 100% concentration the whole game. Good to have Rocky fit but why change just now?

Delboy4
22-10-2018, 12:41 PM
You had to be at the game on Saturday to understand how good he played. Would have been a cricket score if it wasn't for him ( and our post ) also, love how quick he is in distributing the ball from defence to attack!

If Lennon gets him on a permanent deal, it will be a massive signing! Top class goalie who has now settled into the team...

neil7908
22-10-2018, 12:43 PM
Wasn't at the game but watching the highlights he was excellent. Couldn't fault him for any of the goals, which is rare when a keeper loses 4.

BBC had him in the team of the week so must have done something right.

Keith_M
22-10-2018, 12:45 PM
It's amazing we have a thread praising our keeper after conceding four goals... but if it wasn't for him, it would have been much worse.

As good as Celtc undoubtedly are, I think the formation (and some of our defending) let us down big time in the first half.

Delboy4
22-10-2018, 12:54 PM
Lennon got his team wrong in the first half hour!

He changed it to a diamond after 30 mins or so. We were getting over run all over the park the first 20 mins - game could have been ( if it wasn't already ) over when they went 2 up. To be honest, Celtic were back to their best
and were hard to play against until Lennon changed it. I just wished he wouldn't play Slivka RM because he can't play there!

hibsbollah
22-10-2018, 04:48 PM
There were some nonsense threads when he made his debut and the weeks following, many posts criticising his 'body language', which I've always thought is a way of criticising a keeper when you don't actually have any tangible mistakes to criticise him for :faf:
I've always liked the look of him from day one and glad he's proving me right at the moment. Gaun the ginger.

Speedway
23-10-2018, 02:19 PM
No idea where they get their numbers from but signing him permanently could be a giggle if this is anything like accurate.

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/liverpool-f.c/adam-bogdan-22820/

04Sauzee
23-10-2018, 04:01 PM
If it's accurate it's testament to the guy that he's willing to come here and put the shifts in that he's doing rather than just sit on the £24k per week Liverpool are paying him. He's come up here determined to work hard and be our No1 for the season.

23-10-2018, 04:17 PM
If it's accurate it's testament to the guy that he's willing to come here and put the shifts in that he's doing rather than just sit on the £24k per week Liverpool are paying him. He's come up here determined to work hard and be our No1 for the season.

He needs to put himself in the shop window if he wants to get anywhere near £24k/wk with his next contract. If he does well with us this season and as a result gets a good contract elsewhere next season he'll go with my best wishes.

Would be delighted if we get him on a permanent deal, maybe by doing a pre-contract in January, but suspect he'll be out of our price range. You never know though, Leanne and co have been pretty smart with some of the deals they've done.

SRHibs
23-10-2018, 04:41 PM
You had to be at the game on Saturday to understand how good he played. Would have been a cricket score if it wasn't for him ( and our post ) also, love how quick he is in distributing the ball from defence to attack!

If Lennon gets him on a permanent deal, it will be a massive signing! Top class goalie who has now settled into the team...

Aye, it’s a small thing, but the way he throws the ball out for players to run on to is almost perfect every single time. It’s quite satisfying to watch.

The_Horde
23-10-2018, 04:43 PM
Very good keeper, saved our bacon more than a few times this season. Not as flash as rocky but every bit as good a shotstopper.

Until he makes a mistake in a big game and everyone labels him a bombscare for years to come for one mistake.

oneone73
23-10-2018, 05:45 PM
They pay their third-choice goalie £24k a week? Jeez, remember when we competed with - and beat - Liverpool for Stevie Archibald?

BILLYHIBS
01-11-2018, 07:07 AM
Don’t know what he was doing towards the end of the game when he come rushing out and lost the flight of the ball and Hearts scored?? Lucky to get away with that one should really have let Ambrose and MacGregor deal with it as they had both been brilliant all night.Almost sold the jerseys!
His one brilliant save from distance that tipped away for a corner in the first half it looked to me as though he did not expect the strike and it took him a bit by surprise but nevertheless coped admirably
Apart from that nothing else to moan about! :greengrin

calumhibee1
01-11-2018, 07:14 AM
Don’t know what he was doing towards the end of the game when he come rushing out and lost the flight of the ball and Hearts scored?? Lucky to get away with that one should really have let Ambrose and MacGregor deal with it as they had both been brilliant all night.Almost sold the jerseys!
His one brilliant save from distance that tipped away for a corner in the first half it looked to me as though he did not expect the strike and it took him a bit by surprise but nevertheless coped admirably
Apart from that nothing else to moan about! :greengrin

Had very little to do but as you said he should never have come for the ball at the end. Daz had won everything up to that point and they were never scoring from it so let Daz win it and stay in your goals.

BILLYHIBS
01-11-2018, 07:20 AM
Had very little to do but as you said he should never have come for the ball at the end. Daz had won everything up to that point and they were never scoring from it so let Daz win it and stay in your goals.
Ha Ha! Glad for once we agree on a goalkeeping issue
😂

neil7908
01-11-2018, 07:27 AM

Yeah it was odd. Don't want to be overly critical, he's been excellent for us but was a couple of rushes of blood to the head at the end trying to get balls into the box that were never his.

I suspect he was bored given how little they gave him to do!

BILLYHIBS
01-11-2018, 07:30 AM
Yeah it was odd. Don't want to be overly critical, he's been excellent for us but was a couple of rushes of blood to the head at the end trying to get balls into the box that were never his.

I suspect he was bored given how little they gave him to do!
Agree what was Efe doing doing taking the ball for a walk when it was falling safely into Bogdans hands??? FFS!!