PDA

View Full Version : Gullan

Greenbeard
06-10-2018, 07:01 PM
So has he jumped up the pecking order and now ahead of Shaw and Allan? Sounds like he did ok, albeit briefly and when we were cruising.

Don't know the lad or how he plays and wasn't at the game today but curious to know if he plays closer to Jamie Mac's style, if Shaw and Allan are more like understudies to Kamberi.

hibee
06-10-2018, 07:06 PM
First time I’ve seen him, did ok but didn’t really stand out enough to say he’s ahead of Shaw.

500miles
06-10-2018, 07:06 PM
He's more of an winger I thought?

Billy Whizz
06-10-2018, 07:13 PM
He's more of an winger I thought?

Jamie’s a striker but has played mostly wide left in a front 3. He’s 2 footed as well and can strike a ball, hence his nickname “Hammer”
He can however play anywhere along the front line. Good player

For me he didn’t look out of place when he came on

hibbysam
06-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Loved how he went to go daft at Flo at the 6th goal before realising it had been cut back. Would’ve been too late to get to the balk had it not been turned in I reckon (to be fair I was calling Flo all the greedy *******s under the sun for trying to go past the defender instead of square it also!)

The_Horde
06-10-2018, 07:27 PM
A mate said that's probably a warning shot to Shaw after missing a few good chances. Fair statement imo. If you're not doing it others will..

cleanyman
06-10-2018, 07:33 PM
Not any better than Shaw

Onceinawhile
06-10-2018, 07:33 PM
He did alright but to be honest by the time he came on I thought most of our players had come back down a gear or two, so it was tough to judge him.

(I realise we scored 2 after he came in, but at times it was harder to not score!)

Billy Whizz
06-10-2018, 07:38 PM
Not any better than Shaw

Poor comment. Lennon goes to all the development games, so he knows all the boys. Completely different players. Oli and Hammer played well at Development level last 2 seasons
The more home players we get to 1st team level the better for our club

cleanyman
06-10-2018, 07:39 PM
Poor comment. Lennon goes to all the development games, so he knows all the boys. Completely different players. Oli and Hammer played well at Development level last 2 seasons
The more home players we get to 1st team level the better for our club

It's no really

I'm judging him on the mere 20 minutes I saw him for today and based on that he's no better than Shaw

B.H.F.C
06-10-2018, 07:40 PM
A mate said that's probably a warning shot to Shaw after missing a few good chances. Fair statement imo. If you're not doing it others will..

Not sure about that. Shaw must have been injured or surely would have been on the bench?

Hibs4185
06-10-2018, 07:42 PM
I thought for his first appearance he had good movement and a few decent touches. Not watched the highlights and was quite far away but I thought Kamberi could’ve played him in for his flrst goal at the end.

Too early to say yeah or no but def showed promise

Billy Whizz
06-10-2018, 07:49 PM
It's no really

I'm judging him on the mere 20 minutes I saw him for today and based on that he's no better than Shaw

Entitled to your opinion. He’s a year and a half younger than Oli, and plays a different position and style, so shouldn’t be compared like for like.

For what it’s worth I’m a huge Oli Shaw fan

offshorehibby
06-10-2018, 08:33 PM
It's no really

FFS we can't give a young 18 year old a bit of game time in a game where we're cruising in without out him getting slated. He's a bairn gaining a bit experience for God's sake

SMAXXA
06-10-2018, 08:51 PM
Development and if anyone can’t see that stop comenting on football let the young lad enjoy it. His time will come

JimBHibees
06-10-2018, 09:14 PM
Development and if anyone can’t see that stop comenting on football let the young lad enjoy it. His time will come

Couldn't agree more. Good to see the kid getting a chance. Must be a huge boost to his confidence to get a run out at ER.

lord bunberry
06-10-2018, 09:14 PM
It's no really

Well on the mere 20 minutes I saw he was constantly involved in every attacking move we had. The boy could’ve had a couple of goals today if other players hadn’t been so greedy. I thought he looked really good.

cleanyman
06-10-2018, 09:20 PM
FFS we can't give a young 18 year old a bit of game time in a game where we're cruising in without out him getting slated. He's a bairn gaining a bit experience for God's sake

When he steps across that white line there's no place for bairns. Silly comment.

BlackSheep
06-10-2018, 09:25 PM
Spoke to my mate at Hibs before the game today and he told me about Jamie before the team was named.

He trained exceptionally well the past few weeks and Oli’s form and training has dipped a bit in the same time so that’s why Jamie got his chance today. Being clear of Hamilton by a few goals allowed Lennon to give some fringe and youth players some game time.

All the best to them, give them a chance and see if they force their way in.

ancient hibee
06-10-2018, 09:29 PM
When he steps across that white line there's no place for bairns. Silly comment.
Wasn’t a silly comment.He came on to experience playing in the first team.Nothing was expected of him and he wouldn’t be blamed if he made a mistake.Looks like he will do ok.

Since90+2
06-10-2018, 09:30 PM
Thought he done well. Future star.

hfc rd
06-10-2018, 09:37 PM
Whenever I have seen him play, he has always impressed me.

Looks a brilliant young player. Hope he gets plenty of chances in the 1st team.

Did well when he came on today.

J-C
07-10-2018, 11:44 AM
I was delighted to see another of our talented Development players get a few minutes exposure, heard good stuff about him from Billy Whizz who goes to all the development games, always raving about the Hammer, the lad looks well solid and didn't look out of place at all.

offshorehibby
07-10-2018, 11:52 AM

Silly comment, i right. If you can't see why we would bring a youngster on when the games won then there's no point in having a youth set up and giving them a bit of experience and game time.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-10-2018, 11:58 AM

What if stepping across the white line is part of the growing up process? Hasn't the manager been quite clever to do that with the minimum of pressure?

BT58
07-10-2018, 12:09 PM
Its good to see players from the development squad getting a chance, some get on the bench put not on to play. Hopefully with Gullan getting on it will give others a boost to try harder and get a chance.

Phil MaGlass
07-10-2018, 12:16 PM
christ its no like Hibsnet tae slate a player who only got a few minutes.
I also believe that Lennon would NOT have played Shaw if he thought he was crap. lennon doesnt play or sign crap players.

Deansy
07-10-2018, 12:56 PM
I've seen him a few times in the developement team and he always stands out as one of the better players, quite a bit determination about him. For me he's definitely a very good prospect !

G B Young
07-10-2018, 04:46 PM
Cracking wee player. Great attitude and deserved his chance.

Gmack7
07-10-2018, 04:53 PM
total bellend behind me said a few times i dinnae rate that boy.

hfc rd
07-10-2018, 04:55 PM

Thank f*** he ain’t the manager!

Hammer is a brilliant young player. Hope he gets plenty of chances in the 1st team

ACLeith
07-10-2018, 05:17 PM
His grandfather played for us in the 50s - and also the Hearts where had had a more successful career because we had Gordon Smith at the time - and he would have been so proud to have seen him come on yesterday. Sadly, he was killed in a tragic accident about 10 years before Jamie was born.

The_Horde
07-10-2018, 05:19 PM
Don't think he was great yesterday, possibly nerves. But he hasn't half filled out from last season!

Diclonius
07-10-2018, 06:22 PM
Would more than likely have got himself a goal if Kamberi's cutback hadn't been deflected into the net by the Hamilton defender.

ano hibby
07-10-2018, 06:40 PM
His grandfather played for us in the 50s - and also the Hearts where had had a more successful career because we had Gordon Smith at the time - and he would have been so proud to have seen him come on yesterday. Sadly, he was killed in a tragic accident about 10 years before Jamie was born.

What was his grandfathers name mate? Ta

Brooster
07-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Lennon did absolutely the right thing by bringing him on when the game was won. He may not have got on otherwise who knows. Great player/squad management from Lennon regardless how the boy played. Personally I thought he was a 6/10 all things considered. Jamie will feel 12 feet tall today. Well done lad.

Billy Whizz
07-10-2018, 06:41 PM
What was his grandfathers name mate? Ta

Jim Souness

ACLeith
07-10-2018, 07:23 PM
Jim Souness

I had the privilege of being a work colleague of his. OK, I was an ordinary employee, he was the MD! A hard but fair and honourable man.

I did look up at the blue sky yesterday when Jamie came on and smiled

CropleyWasGod
07-10-2018, 07:27 PM
I had the privilege of being a work colleague of his. OK, I was an ordinary employee, he was the MD! A hard but fair and honourable man.

I did look up at the blue sky yesterday when Jamie came on and smiled

Standard Life? Or maybe Life Association of Scotland?

ACLeith
07-10-2018, 07:32 PM
standard life? Or maybe life association of scotland?

las

ancient hibee
07-10-2018, 07:38 PM
The accident happened the week after he retired.

calumhibee1
07-10-2018, 07:43 PM
Jim Souness

Related to Graham I think?

ancient hibee
07-10-2018, 07:45 PM
Don’t think so.

ACLeith
07-10-2018, 08:52 PM

Definitely not.

Roxyhibee
08-10-2018, 11:23 AM

Just unbelievable when he’s only getting bits of first team games just now to try and settle in.! What chance do youngsters have or managers trying to intergrate them with er$e$ like that sitting in the stands.

Never did anything wrong and in fact I thought he took up excellent goal scoring positions twice and never got the deserved passes from Horgan and Kamberi. His name could easily have been on the scoresheet.

makaveli1875
08-10-2018, 11:34 AM
If you watch the highlights he had a decent hand in the last 2 goals , and if the ball hadnt hit the Hamilton defender he was waiting for the tap in at no 6 . Not bad for a 15 minute appearance

PatHead
08-10-2018, 01:59 PM

Definitely not. Used to work with his sister at Scottish Widows back in the day. That is Jim’s sister.

Unseen work
13-03-2019, 05:57 PM
Saw young Jamie scored another 2 goals for the Dev team.

Is anyone that watches the dev team regularly able to comment on what type of player he is? From the clips Iv seen he is a bit different to the type of players we have and can beat a man with skill/fast feet and finish.

Look forward to seeing more of him next season and hopefully impresses Raith on his loan.