06-10-2018, 05:26 PM
Is he OK?

SirDavidsNapper
06-10-2018, 05:27 PM
Is he OK?

Hope so. It's no coincidence we play so well when he's playing

Nevi_SOL
06-10-2018, 05:33 PM
With the national team struggling for RBs why hasn’t David gray been called up, 6 goals this season 4 clean sheets in a row and endless energy. Strange him not getting a call up IMO

Nevi_SOL
Sir David Gray*

Franck Stanton
Looked like he was taken off as a precaution. Seemed to be walking easier the further he walked.

we are hibs
06-10-2018, 05:35 PM
He was outstanding today. A proper leader

wookie70
06-10-2018, 05:37 PM
Hope he is fit for the next few games. He might not do a huge deal of talking as Captain but he leads with his bravery and attitude. We are a good deal better when he plays.

hibbymark
06-10-2018, 05:40 PM
Love SDGs commitment but he overstretched for a tackle in the oppositions half ,while we were 4-0 up and 80mins on the clock. The boy was running towards the touch line going nowhere . Should have stayed on his feet. Injured making a tackle he didn’t need to make .
Hope it’s not serious and recovers during the break.

Smartie
06-10-2018, 05:52 PM
Love SDGs commitment but he overstretched for a tackle in the oppositions half ,while we were 4-0 up and 80mins on the clock. The boy was running towards the touch line going nowhere . Should have stayed on his feet. Injured making a tackle he didn’t need to make .
Hope it’s not serious and recovers during the break.

He has to go for that tackle, the same as he has to go for every tackle.

It was just unlucky that he got injured.

ian cruise
06-10-2018, 05:55 PM
He has to go for that tackle, the same as he has to go for every tackle.

It was just unlucky that he got injured.

Tackling in the opposition half means they're not a danger in our half as well as potentially putting them under pressure if you get a decent second ball, no problem with players doing so. Just unfortunately resulted in injury this time, but from the sounds of it just a precautionary substitution. At 4 nil up no need to risk making it worse by trying to run it off.

LustForLeith
06-10-2018, 07:07 PM
From the West near the dugout it looked as if Lenny was asking the physio about it as Gray came off and the physio appeared to give the impression it was a precaution

Crab apple
06-10-2018, 07:32 PM
We’re a better team when SDG plays. He’s a leader.

linlithgowhibbie
06-10-2018, 10:36 PM
"2nd half, Hibs get a throw in, someone in the East shouts, " David I love you" as SDG is about to take it. SDG turns round and laughs at the East stand.
Brill moment:thumbsup:

tonyrougier123
06-10-2018, 10:41 PM
What a warrior my motm.always better when he plays.

Jamesie
07-10-2018, 01:15 AM
There was a moment this afternoon when David Gray was injured, and walking off the field, which brought into short compass our mortality as Hibs fans and the privilege we all experience in bearing witness to seeing this player wearing a Hibs jersey. The pages of history will rightly refer to his heroics and fans in years to come will speak of his role in achieving what had alluded so many Hibernian captains before him. We must never take David Gray for granted, and should treasure every minute he plays in a green and white jersey and feel proud that we bore witness to his involvement on 21 May 2016.

Baader
07-10-2018, 01:20 AM
Living legend.

Forza Fred
07-10-2018, 01:34 AM
Living legend.

I frequently wonder where we would be if he didn’t score that cup winning goal.........

Superb today also, he is like the Duracell bunny...he just keeps on keeping on!

ian cruise
07-10-2018, 02:25 AM
I frequently wonder where we would be if he didn’t score that cup winning goal.........

Superb today also, he is like the Duracell bunny...he just keeps on keeping on!

I genuinely think he's one of the best captains of all time, and I don't just mean in Hibernian football club's history.

Similarly to Roy Keane dragging a victory from the Jaws of defeat for Man Utd I a semi final that he knew I'd they win, he was missing the final, David Gray rolled his sleeves up and won us that cup. He leads through example and by actions. He's the sort of leader that people would walk through fire for because he walks through first.

Legend is used too frequently in modern football but it's deserved for David Gray. He's a player who's influence has changed a whole club and we're just lucky that club is ours.

Col_0762
07-10-2018, 06:05 AM
"2nd half, Hibs get a throw in, someone in the East shouts, " David I love you" as SDG is about to take it. SDG turns round and laughs at the East stand.
Brill moment:thumbsup:

I don’t think he understands, honestly lol! Obviously he knows etc. but he’ll never realise just how important it was. I had a good blether with his missus last season in the Roseburn before the derby, and yes she understands in a way, but I don’t think either of them realise properly. Unless you’re a Hibby, you will never get it. That man is made for life. Well at least he should be.

calumhibee1
07-10-2018, 08:17 AM
The greatest captain I’ve ever saw.

Green_one
07-10-2018, 08:25 AM
I genuinely think he's one of the best captains of all time, and I don't just mean in Hibernian football club's history.

Similarly to Roy Keane dragging a victory from the Jaws of defeat for Man Utd I a semi final that he knew I'd they win, he was missing the final, David Gray rolled his sleeves up and won us that cup. He leads through example and by actions. He's the sort of leader that people would walk through fire for because he walks through first.

Legend is used too frequently in modern football but it's deserved for David Gray. He's a player who's influence has changed a whole club and we're just lucky that club is ours.

Good post. His recent goal scoring is a lovely addition

J-C
07-10-2018, 11:39 AM
Took a sore one and it looked nothing more than a precaution as we were well ahead, if it was bad he wouldn't be walking off unaided.

Seveno
07-10-2018, 11:42 AM
There was a moment this afternoon when David Gray was injured, and walking off the field, which brought into short compass our mortality as Hibs fans and the privilege we all experience in bearing witness to seeing this player wearing a Hibs jersey. The pages of history will rightly refer to his heroics and fans in years to come will speak of his role in achieving what had alluded so many Hibernian captains before him. We must never take David Gray for granted, and should treasure every minute he plays in a green and white jersey and feel proud that we bore witness to his involvement on 21 May 2016.

That brought a tear to my eye. There is no doubt that he inspires the team and the fans. :not worth

MWHIBBIES
07-10-2018, 11:43 AM
Hope so. It's no coincidence we play so well when he's playing

It probably is, our best run of form in years was last season without him. He's been very good this season but we can't play our 2 strikers, Boyle and him in the same team. Not sure how it will work.

SirDavidsNapper
07-10-2018, 11:44 AM

Im not crying you're crying. Top post.

PatHead
07-10-2018, 11:49 AM
I was walking past the main entrance after the game and noticed the Hall of Fame pictures on the wall. Can't believe David Gray is not one of them.

MWHIBBIES
07-10-2018, 11:52 AM
I was walking past the main entrance after the game and noticed the Hall of Fame pictures on the wall. Can't believe David Gray is not one of them.

Lewis and Paul should certainly be there too. Will probably happen when they retire.

CapitalGreen
07-10-2018, 11:54 AM
It probably is, our best run of form in years was last season without him. He's been very good this season but we can't play our 2 strikers, Boyle and him in the same team. Not sure how it will work.

Sure we can, plenty teams play with asymmetrical formations these days - most notably Man City on recent occasions. What it would require is a very attack minded left back which we now seemingly have in Nelom.

SirDavidsNapper
07-10-2018, 12:00 PM
Hard to describe what that goal at Hampden did for this club. It wasn't just a goal. It was an awakening of something. None of us quite expected just how big. The emotion of that goal is still very much with me and always will be. Doesn't take much to set me off thinking about it. Just incredible. David Gray did that.