PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton - The worst team performance I have ever seen.

HH81
06-10-2018, 04:53 PM
Shambles from start to finish. They give the ball away on an embrassing amount of times.

I actually don't think Hibs were good 2nd half either so could have been a lot lot more.

Shrekko
06-10-2018, 04:56 PM
Aye here we go... could have been a lot more🤣 What like 10-0? 15-0? Or another equally ridiculous score line?

hibbydog
06-10-2018, 04:59 PM
Could have scored at 0-0 when Efe let the ball over his heid, but Bogdan made a good stop.

But aye, they were awful.

Hamilton fans shouting Canning Canning GTF and I can see why. They lost heart badly and need he must fear for his job now

MWHIBBIES
06-10-2018, 05:01 PM
They were absolutely awful

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-10-2018, 05:02 PM
A team low on confidence. The points that decide if they stay up will not be won or lost against us.

Onion
06-10-2018, 05:03 PM
Hamilton didn't turn up today and got what they deserved - a real humping. It was easy street for Hibs for 90 mins.

Hibernian Verse
06-10-2018, 05:05 PM
Hope they get relegated

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albanian Hibs
06-10-2018, 05:23 PM
That's it, concentrate on the positives.

:rolleyes:

Did you not start the early leavers thread?

Keith_M
06-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Did you not start the early leavers thread?

That was just a joke

hibby6270
06-10-2018, 05:27 PM
They had no players booked today. Need I say more?
Not the usual fighting display with niggly fouls we usually see from an away team at ER.

sauzee6_2
06-10-2018, 05:28 PM
That's it, concentrate on the positives.

:rolleyes:

I agree with the OP, yes it was a great result but let’s be honest Hibs were in second gear.

I struggled to pick a MOTM as I honestly don’t think we had an outstanding player - it was so easy we didn’t need to.

Delighted with the 3 points and 6 goals, however strangely I was happier with the performance against Aberdeen

LithgaeHibby
06-10-2018, 05:29 PM
Ever since they sent us down I've been waiting for us to give them a humping. Somehow though it seemed a bit of an anticlimax though when you take into account that Scott Martin and James Keatings were playing, and there were basically hee haw Hamilton fans there to lord it over them.

bigwheel
06-10-2018, 05:31 PM
I agree with the OP, yes it was a great result but let’s be honest Hibs were in second gear.

I struggled to pick a MOTM as I honestly don’t think we had an outstanding player - it was so easy we didn’t need to.

Delighted with the 3 points and 6 goals, however strangely I was happier with the performance against Aberdeen

don't you think it was the intensity and level of our performance that had a major contribution to how poor they were? That was some performance for me...almost any if the team today could have been MOM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hibbysam
06-10-2018, 05:34 PM
Could have scored at 0-0 when Efe let the ball over his heid, but Bogdan made a good stop.

But aye, they were awful.

Hamilton fans shouting Canning Canning GTF and I can see why. They lost heart badly and need he must fear for his job now

Porteous left it, Ambrose pinned the striker so Porto had a free header. Thankfully Bogdan kept it out as those are the daft goals we’ve been conceding in games like today’s. Hamilton were absolutely chronic however. Very poor side and luckily for them it’s another season where there is at least one side worse than them.

weecounty hibby
06-10-2018, 05:35 PM
Alternatively you could say that Hibs were so good we made them look so bad.

Fife-Hibee
06-10-2018, 05:47 PM
It was a combination of both. Hibs were good, Hamilton were honking. We'll certainly play better and not win by that margin against other sides. But it doesn't matter. We gave a team a drubbing without really ever getting out of 2nd gear.

Northernhibee
06-10-2018, 05:52 PM
Reminded me of the 5-0 game against Cowdenbeath under Stubbs, the one where Lewie scored. We were as brilliant as they were awful.

wookie70
06-10-2018, 05:54 PM
They were poor but we were excellent today. Hope they are relegated as they don't bring much to the league. They have a cheek berating Canning as he has worked miracles there over the years.

SideBurns
06-10-2018, 07:25 PM
I think the thread title is an exaggeration. For all our early dominance, they could've been 1-0 up were it not for a great save by Bogdan. Accies knocked the ball about ok at times, but Hibs were brilliant; let's focus on our 4th win in a row in the league, 4th clean sheet in all competitions, and a result which sees us within 2 points off the top of the league (pending the Jambos game v the Huns).

Hiber-nation
06-10-2018, 07:26 PM
Not really interested how bad the opposition were, we won 6-0, let's be happy at that.

06-10-2018, 07:40 PM
Celtic only beat them one nil

BSEJVT
06-10-2018, 07:47 PM
I have come on this forum before after a bad defeat and read that Hibs made the opposition look good and were awful

You can only beat what’s in front of you

They showed no attacking intent in the first half and Hibs still cut them apart plenty times

I think anything other than giving Hibs total credit for a great performance is really churlish

They couldn’t get near Hibs and consequently couldn’t resort to the continued fouling of our attacking players we so often see at ER from visiting teams

Well done Hibs fantastic performance

Hibs1969
06-10-2018, 08:00 PM
I agree with the OP. They were dreadful today. No fight, no spirit, nothing. Keatings showed more fight and ability in 10 minutes than the rest put together. The last time I saw a team as desperate as that was Hearts in the 3-1 cup game last year. They weren't even dirty and niggly which is the absolute minimum you expect from a Hamilton team. Where was the statutory booking for Imrie? I paid good money and expect to see him get booked😡.

Hibs didn't have to get out of second gear today and we won at an absolute canter.

Crunchie
06-10-2018, 08:21 PM
don't you think it was the intensity and level of our performance that had a major contribution to how poor they were? That was some performance for me...almost any if the team today could have been MOM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree, I didn't think they were that bad, I just don't think they could handle the tempo we were playing at in that first half, and I doubt most teams could.

HFC 0-7
06-10-2018, 08:44 PM
We made them look bad, we moved the ball really well. Quite a few teams would have looked bad against us today.

Paisley Hibby
06-10-2018, 10:40 PM
Shambles from start to finish. They give the ball away on an embrassing amount of times.

I actually don't think Hibs were good 2nd half either so could have been a lot lot more.

That's the worst team performance you've ever seen? You must have missed Terry Butcher's Hibs then.

vuefrom1875
06-10-2018, 10:48 PM
They were absolutely awful

Who gives a f*k....horsed!

gramskiwood
06-10-2018, 10:52 PM
We made them look bad, we moved the ball really well. Quite a few teams would have looked bad against us today.

I agree we should realy give Hibs some credit for the result. It was a great team performance today.

Mantis Toboggan
06-10-2018, 10:53 PM
I thought they just couldn't cope with how quickly we moved the ball. Bit harsh to call them out on it. Doubt it will be the only pumping we administer at ER this year

CMurdoch
07-10-2018, 12:12 AM
I thought they just couldn't cope with how quickly we moved the ball. Bit harsh to call them out on it. Doubt it will be the only pumping we administer at ER this year

We passed them off the pitch and when we weren't doing that Mallan was scoring from outside the box.
A team can only play as well as they are allowed to play and they just spent their time chasing a ball that was moving accurately between Hibs players and out of their reach.
When they did get forward they were gobbled up by Efe, Porteous & Milligan.

Forza Fred
07-10-2018, 01:19 AM
We pulled them all over the park and contributed to them finishing the game a dispirited lot.

They have caused us problems in the past, and had we sat back no doubt would have today, but we took the initiative....and there is not much more we can do...

ozhibs
07-10-2018, 02:31 AM
You can only play what s in front of you and that was a bloody good performance from Hibs.
GGTTH

SirDavidsNapper
07-10-2018, 06:28 AM
When you're 2 or 3 goals down early against Hibs at Easter Road your **** is going to fall out a bit. We punished them and showed no mercy. All credit to Hibs.

calumhibee1
07-10-2018, 06:40 AM
We were good but they were horrendous. The worst top flight team I’ve ever seen.

Pretty Boy
There was a point in the 1st half when they knocked about 4 or 5 passes together and actually looked quite comfortable on the ball. Canning was standing waving his arms wildly and looking very frustrated; they then hit an aimless diagonal ball that carried harmlessly through to Bogdan. Canning applauded. That summed them up.

Make no mistake, Hibs were absolutely brilliant yesterday and would have given almost anyone a doing but Hamilton are a horrible side.

marinello59

We have lost to worse teams than the one Hamilton put out yesterday,several times in recent seasons, Let’s not underplay what was a very good performance by us. How many times over the years have we put teams with what looks like lesser players than ours to the sword? Make no mistake, yesterday’s result was entirely down to the Lennon effect rather than the visitors shortcomings. At 3-0 up he was still demanding the highest of standards from our players. Enjoy this, these are the good times, potentially the best in any current Hibs fans memory.

Libby Hibby
07-10-2018, 06:56 AM
We can only play against what is put in front of us. However, just purely looking at Hamilton, they are woeful and fair play to their 60 or so fans that travelled through.

But so far this season, that’s Aberdeen, St Mirren, Dundee and Hamilton all been ‘poor’ against us. Perhaps we should start looking at the common factor.

neil7908
07-10-2018, 07:11 AM
I couldn't make the game yesterday but I thought Aberdeen were horrendous in the league Cup tie a couple of weeks ago. Genuinely looked like we were playing a lower league team who's tactics ranged from fouling and time-wasting to punting the ball forward and defending with every man behind the ball.

And we couldn't score against them.

I guess my point is that that no matter how bad the opposition, beating a team in the same division by 6 goals is incredibly rare and should be savoured.

hibee_girl
07-10-2018, 08:57 AM
They were awful, they just looked like they had no idea what to do. A bit better when Keatings came on but still not great

greenginger
07-10-2018, 09:12 AM
Hamilton had only lost by the odd goal against Celtic, Livingston and St. J. Apart from the opener against Hearts when they lost 4 -1 they've not really been humped.

Were they players short yesterday , or were we just very good ?

SlickShoes
07-10-2018, 09:29 AM
Folk moan when we don't beat teams that we "should beat" like Livingtson as if they just turn up as fodder to be pumped.

Then when we do play well and beat these teams you get threads like this.

GRA
07-10-2018, 09:35 AM
Glad we pumped Hamilton. Been waiting for that score ever since they put us down in the play offs. Cathartic result [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
07-10-2018, 09:42 AM
I was walking back to Waverley after the game and got taking to what I thought was a Hamilton fan walking over the bridge at Bothwell street and I was saying to him the turning point was the one on one save by Bogdan at 0-0, had they scored that then game may have been totally different. He was saying Hamilton were absolutely murder and that was a reality check.

I said to him that you (Hamilton) are in deep trouble as they seemed so disorganised and had no leadership on the park. Thats when he said to me I'm not a Hamilton fan I'm a jambo. The conversation ended there and then as I couldn't believe that a Hearts fan had come to ER to pay into the away end and then have the cheek to complain that they'd been humped 6-0.:confused:

Onion
07-10-2018, 09:47 AM
I was walking back to Waverley after the game and got taking to what I thought was a Hamilton fan walking over the bridge at Bothwell street and I was saying to him the turning point was the one on one save by Bogdan at 0-0, had they scored that then game may have been totally different. He was saying Hamilton were absolutely murder and that was a reality check.

I said to him that you (Hamilton) are in deep trouble as they seemed so disorganised and had no leadership on the park. Thats when he said to me I'm not a Hamilton fan I'm a jambo. The conversation ended there and then as I couldn't believe that a Hearts fan had come to ER to pay into the away end and then have the cheek to complain that they'd been humped 6-0.:confused:

Only surprise is that he stayed to full time. I was amazed at the number who walked out when Hibs scored the 3rd, but then realised they were all sad Obsessives from Gorgie.

Just Alf
07-10-2018, 09:48 AM

Playing devils advocate for a mo, maybe just a genuine footy fan and goes to a game every week but can't force himself to go in our end? .... Even they'll have some real fans.

Then again, probs more likely he's a walloper! :D

matty_f
07-10-2018, 09:53 AM
I think most teams would have struggled to cope with us yesterday. We made Aberdeen look awful when we played them - at some point we need to recognise that we're watching a good Hibs side.

We are getting very good at imposing our style and tempo on games, and as someone mentioned already, we can flip our point of attack and style many times throughout a game, and that's very difficult to play against.

I don't think we are far removed from the way the team finished playing last season. We were good at winning back possession and then moving the ball quickly through the attacking areas.

That's exactly what we did yesterday.

I thought physically and technically we were a level above Hamilton yesterday - and you can already see improvements in players like Mallan and Hyndman, which I think we'll continue to see.

To think that yesterday we were missing Marciano, Hanlon, McGregor, Bartley, Agyepong and Maclaren, with Whittaker not featuring either.

Lennon is doing an amazing job at Hibs, to have us ahead of the same point last year after losing McGinn, McGeouch, and Allan is incredible, really.

BoomtownHibees
07-10-2018, 09:56 AM

Anybody see the big guy storming out (at the 3rd maybe) giving it big licks to the west stand, all kinds of hand gestures being used, who then had to come back in as he’d forgotten his jacket? 😂

Dancehibs
07-10-2018, 10:03 AM

Seriously. What a tube. Herts ******

calumhibee1
07-10-2018, 10:36 AM
Folk moan when we don't beat teams that we "should beat" like Livingtson as if they just turn up as fodder to be pumped.

What’s the matter with a thread like this? They were one of the worst top tier teams I’ve seen at Easter Road, id expect there to be a thread about it.

We did play well as has been outlined in other threads. They were horrendous though.

Allant1981
07-10-2018, 10:41 AM
What’s the matter with a thread like this? They were one of the worst top tier teams I’ve seen at Easter Road, id expect there to be a thread about it.

We did play well as has been outlined in other threads. They were horrendous though.

horrendous or us making them look horrendous, think we need to look at how well we played yesterday, we pressed them almost everytime they had the ball which made them look bad

calumhibee1
07-10-2018, 10:47 AM
horrendous or us making them look horrendous, think we need to look at how well we played yesterday, we pressed them almost everytime they had the ball which made them look bad

I agree with that, although we do that every week (maybe not as well as we did yesterday of course) and other teams don’t look half as bad. Hamilton were awful due to a mixture of us being very good and them just being utterly smelling IMO.

Diclonius
07-10-2018, 10:56 AM
Hibs win 6-0 in top division.

"Eh the opposition were *****"

I really do despair sometimes.

Keith_M
07-10-2018, 10:59 AM
Anybody see the big guy storming out (at the 3rd maybe) giving it big licks to the west stand, all kinds of hand gestures being used, who then had to come back in as he’d forgotten his jacket? 😂

It looked like half that end had disappeared before the second half.

hibbyfraelibby
07-10-2018, 11:01 AM

He will have been Levein N of Boakback roaster fame whose post has started a thread of its own on here.

BoomtownHibees
07-10-2018, 11:03 AM

They were ***** tho 🤷🏻*♂️

Wee Effen Bee
07-10-2018, 11:13 AM
So, we get beat: we’re gash!
We win comfortably and it’s only because they were worse than gash!
If the OP had said Hamilton were poor but we played well - fair enough. But s/he didn’t! We were poor 2nd half? Really? I’m loving Hibs being as poor as this. Long may it continue!

MWHIBBIES
07-10-2018, 11:13 AM

Why do despair at that? Hamilton were absolutely dreadful.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-10-2018, 11:16 AM
We beat the team that we had to play and beat them well. If they had an off day then so be it.

Jonnyboy
07-10-2018, 11:18 AM

Agree with this

BoomtownHibees
07-10-2018, 11:21 AM
Hibs played very well and Hamilton were dug*****. Don’t see the issue with calling that out??

GordonHFC
07-10-2018, 11:24 AM
I am old enough to remember just as bad a performance from a Hibs team.

Hermit Crab
07-10-2018, 11:36 AM
I am old enough to remember just as bad a performance from a Hibs team.

Seen us lose heavily on many occasions, even when we were playing "well". Under Mowbray we were blowing teams away then along came Livingston and scudded us 0-3 at home, nobody seen that coming.

SirDavidsNapper
07-10-2018, 11:38 AM
Aberdeen were unbelievably fortunate it wasn't them on the end of that result. It's been coming. Unfortunately for Hamilton it was them that got it.

Hermit Crab
07-10-2018, 11:44 AM
The Livingston result vs us was no fluke as they've held a good a Hearts teams as I remember to a 0-0 and beaten The Rangers, even better than the Hearts side of 05/06 side imo.

They've taken teams by surprise and with that pitch working against opposition they've been a surprise package. Lenny won't make the same mistakes again vs them imo.

BoomtownHibees
07-10-2018, 11:47 AM
The Livingston result vs us was no fluke as they've held a good a Hearts teams as I remember to a 0-0 and beaten The Rangers, even better than the Hearts side of 05/06 side imo.

They've taken teams by surprise and with that pitch working against opposition they've been a surprise package. Lenny won't make the same mistakes again vs them imo.

As good a Hearts team as you can remember? Seriously?

Thegreenside
07-10-2018, 11:49 AM
Hamilton coming with 2 up top and a midfielder playing as a ‘number 10’

Got what they deserved

Hermit Crab
07-10-2018, 11:53 AM
As good a Hearts team as you can remember? Seriously?

Yes. Whats the problem?

BoomtownHibees
07-10-2018, 11:56 AM
Yes. Whats the problem?

No problem, just asked a question. Not an opinion I agree with as I think they have had a lot better but each to their own

HH81
07-10-2018, 11:56 AM
So, we get beat: we’re gash!
We win comfortably and it’s only because they were worse than gash!
If the OP had said Hamilton were poor but we played well - fair enough. But s/he didn’t! We were poor 2nd half? Really? I’m loving Hibs being as poor as this. Long may it continue!

I never said they were poor 2nd half. I said they wasn't that good which was in relation to how they play in the first half. So in other words the pace didn't seem as high to me.

I'm talking about how actually poor they were as a team. I must have counted 10 occasions at least in the 2nd half where they would play unchallenged balls 10 yards straight to Hibs players or out of play etc. I was with a Wednesday season ticket holder and he even said if Hibs had the same intensity 2nd half it would have been double figures.

Hermit Crab
07-10-2018, 12:00 PM
No problem, just asked a question. Not an opinion I agree with as I think they have had a lot better but each to their own

No probs :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
07-10-2018, 12:25 PM
It was an excellent performance from Hibs, but it cant be ignored that Hamilton were woeful. The number of times their players presented us with the ball, especially in the second half, was embarrassing from a professional football team and they made an absolute dugs dinner of the few chances they did create.

As others have said, our performance against Aberdeen the other week is a far better barometer of how well we can play, we were just as good and yet got nothing from that game …. but the bottom line is that we have clearly improved considerably over the last few weeks and we have finally handed out the absolute doing we have threatened for some time now.

Long may it continue :thumbsup:

tamig
07-10-2018, 12:26 PM
Hibs played very well and Hamilton were dug*****. Don’t see the issue with calling that out??

Calling it out? It’s not quite though. The thread title is ridiculous. Worst team ever seen? Not by a long way.

tamig
07-10-2018, 12:29 PM

The season is a few months old and you reckon this is the best hertz team you’ve ever seen? That’s some statement. Can’t even believe any hertz fans are thinking that way at this stage.

BoomtownHibees
07-10-2018, 12:38 PM
Calling it out? It’s not quite though. The thread title is ridiculous. Worst team ever seen? Not by a long way.

One of the worst Premiership teams I’ve seen tbf

Hermit Crab
07-10-2018, 12:50 PM
The season is a few months old and you reckon this is the best hertz team you’ve ever seen? That’s some statement. Can’t even believe any hertz fans are thinking that way at this stage.

Football fan in bold statement shock.

Fife-Hibee
07-10-2018, 12:56 PM

Were you talking to a mirror? :wink:

HH81
07-10-2018, 12:58 PM

It's how I seen the game. They were absolutely awful. Every department poor. Hibs absolutely strolled the game. It doesn't really matter if you don't agree but it's how I saw it.

Life goes on.