06-10-2018, 04:58 PM
[emoji108][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]⭐️

CathroMustStay
06-10-2018, 05:00 PM
Efe = GOAT :flag:

06-10-2018, 05:02 PM
Pure class. On this season's form, arguably the best centre beck we've had at ER in 40 years.

06-10-2018, 05:02 PM
At his sublime best today. Faultless - and it’s not often you can say that about an Efe performance. :greengrin

06-10-2018, 05:04 PM
Unbelievable.

Absolutely and forming a great partnership with Porteous. Celtic got rid of him and play Hendry :faf::faf::faf:

06-10-2018, 05:04 PM
Pure class. On this season's form, arguably the best centre beck we've had at ER in 40 years.Sauzee

06-10-2018, 05:07 PM
Really hope we can extend his stay beyond this season.

06-10-2018, 05:12 PM
Majestic. On current form better than Sauzee.

06-10-2018, 05:13 PM
He is the definition of class.

When he strolls forward with the ball I really want him just to ping a 50 yarder in the top corner. That would make my life.

All hail King Efe :not worth

06-10-2018, 05:15 PM
Efe has put a majestic run of form together.

He was immense again today. You almost take his excellent work on the ball for granted, but he did a lot of very effective defensive work today as well.

Not sure who was more to blame for the brainfart moment in the first half (Efe or Porteous, but it really wasn't a ball that should have been left) but the good thing is our goalkeeper was very alive to the danger and bailed him out.

Efe has a glorious turn of pace that I have never seen before in a Hibs defender.

06-10-2018, 05:15 PM
I think having Milligan there is helping him also, he doesn't have to worry about going AWOL on one of his 60 yard dribbles :greengrin

06-10-2018, 05:17 PM
Was superb

06-10-2018, 05:18 PM
Unbelievable.

There were quite a few on here that said they were not fussed if he left or not in the summer.

06-10-2018, 05:19 PM
Majestic. On current form better than Sauzee.

That sounds a ridiculous claim to make but it really isn't - I think it is entirely justified.

Some of the pieces of skill he comes away with are simply outrageous and he's barely put a foot wrong in weeks.

He now needs some big performances against the likes of Celtic, Hearts and Sevco though.

06-10-2018, 05:56 PM
First time I seen him play was the 1-0 win against Dundee United where Cumdog scored and got himself sent off and thought he was world class that night. We were never, ever conceding that night.

When he's on form he could play in any league in the world. When he's not he's a nightmare but for the first time I've known of him he's stretching together a long term run of form that puts him in the best possible light.

He's an absolutely fabulous defender and along with Milligan and Mallan I can't believe we have players of their quality in the team.

06-10-2018, 06:00 PM
Imperious.

06-10-2018, 06:00 PM
He should change his name to Efe Strollsit

06-10-2018, 06:04 PM
I hope we can get him re-signed, contract up in the summer so will have suitors sniffing about in January.

06-10-2018, 06:05 PM
One word some him up superstar😉😉😉👍👍

06-10-2018, 06:05 PM
Sauzee

Best I’ve seen since Sauzee .

06-10-2018, 06:08 PM
Faultless - and it’s not often you can say that about an Efe performance.

It actually is.

06-10-2018, 06:13 PM
Efe and stevie mallan get my joint men of the match award :greengrin

Slivka had a very good match as well

06-10-2018, 06:16 PM
Sauzee

Not a true CB so Efe wins on a technicality.

06-10-2018, 06:17 PM
Guess he's no longer a bomb scare :greengrin

06-10-2018, 06:35 PM
At his sublime best today. Faultless - and it’s not often you can say that about an Efe performance. :greengrin

Not quite faultless - that one where both he and Ryan let the ball bounce over them in the box and if not for a great save by Bogdan we would have been 1-0 down but a very very good performance none the less.

06-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Not quite faultless - that one where both he and Ryan let the ball bounce over them in the box and if not for a great save by Bogdan we would have been 1-0 down but a very very good performance none the less.

I'm sure he made another mistake but we were so far ahead at that point it didn't really matter. He was brilliant today barring those wobbles and has been for the last month or so.

EH54
06-10-2018, 06:42 PM
Need to get this man on a new contract now!

06-10-2018, 07:44 PM

06-10-2018, 07:46 PM
That sounds a ridiculous claim to make but it really isn't - I think it is entirely justified.

Some of the pieces of skill he comes away with are simply outrageous and he's barely put a foot wrong in weeks.

He now needs some big performances against the likes of Celtic, Hearts and Sevco though.

It actually is.

Yep, yep, yeah, agreed, just a step above normal defenders mostly here, but look at the driving forward & creating stuff! Tremendous!

06-10-2018, 07:47 PM
I thought he started the season poorly, he's been unreal the last month though. It's brilliant watching him whenever he gets the ball.

06-10-2018, 07:47 PM
Sauzee was a sweeper, not a centre back.

Efe is probably the best centre back we've had in the last 30 years Imo.

Rob Jones, Gordon hunter and of course Paul Hanlon for honourable mentions.

06-10-2018, 07:50 PM
He's been brilliant so far this season. Hopefully we can get him on a new contract.

Hibs4185
06-10-2018, 07:51 PM
I said last week he was immense. He had 1 moment today but to say I love him as a hibs player is an understatement. If rumours were true and could’ve left for £250k in the summer then that is the worst £250k we will ever make.

Worth much much more as a player and is an absolute joy to watch. It would take millions to replace him.

06-10-2018, 08:02 PM
Sometimes you're left speechless at how good he is. An absolute joy to watch at times. The past month he's easily been our most consistent player and solid at the back to boot! haha

06-10-2018, 08:04 PM
There was a moment in the second half when he could’ve headed it back to Bogdan, but instead he headed it up in the air over the rushing attacker and carried it up the park. He’s been brilliant recently.

06-10-2018, 08:16 PM
I find myself laughing at Efe watching hibs, mostly because he looks that good and am amazed he’s at hibs.

I’ll get shot but he stands out like Sauzee stood out. Difference is Sauzee scored goals.

06-10-2018, 08:25 PM
Best I've seen him play today, Milligan has been the transformation in the team allowing Efe and the midfield to play their natural games.

Crunchie
06-10-2018, 08:27 PM
I find myself laughing at Efe watching hibs, mostly because he looks that good and am amazed he’s at hibs.

I’ll get shot but he stands out like Sauzee stood out. Difference is Sauzee scored goals.

Efe would score a few more if he were to go up for the corners and free kicks, why he doesn't is beyond me.

06-10-2018, 09:52 PM
Was excellent today as he has been for the last number of games now.

Would love to get him on a new contract but I guess we will just need to see what happens as no doubt he will have interested clubs from elsewhere that will be looking to get him signed up.

Aim Here
06-10-2018, 10:33 PM
Mods! Delete this thread!

Not that anyone's saying anything wrong, and it's absolutely true that Efe has been immense this season, but if word gets out that he's not really a walking bombscare , other teams might want him playing for them instead of us. It's much more to our advantage if he keeps up his old reputation. We should all collectively keep shtum and look sheepish when fans of other teams commiserate or laugh when his name comes up. Lets keep Efe a secret!

vuefrom1875
06-10-2018, 10:55 PM
Pure class. On this season's form, arguably the best centre beck we've had at ER in 40 years.

Eliot ness(for younger viewers)....untouchable 😉

Loopz
06-10-2018, 11:09 PM

Very similar today NN. My son asked me at the game, dad why are you laughing? It was after another sublime bit of skill or shear calmness from EA. We will miss him soon and realise how lucky we were to have seen him play for us.

06-10-2018, 11:26 PM
The guy is just brilliant. He’s everything I want in a Hibs player and we are so lucky to have him

gramskiwood
06-10-2018, 11:33 PM
There was a moment in the second half when he could’ve headed it back to Bogdan, but instead he headed it up in the air over the rushing attacker and carried it up the park. He’s been brilliant recently.

I saw that I thought it was sublime.

06-10-2018, 11:56 PM
For me Efe was M.O.M. He simply commanded that back line like nobody's business - spraying the ball left, right and centre, and tidying up nonchalantly and with ease.
He is having a fantastic season and playing some Sauzee-esque type football.
It's an absolute joy to see him so imperious in our beloved green and white.

147lothian
07-10-2018, 12:10 AM
Efe gives us another dimension his value to the team and the way we play is priceless, we would be far easier to play against if he wasn't in the team a contract extension for him please

07-10-2018, 12:26 AM
I hope we can get him re-signed, contract up in the summer so will have suitors sniffing about in January.

Yeah, at 29 he is at his peak. I trust the club are already working on a new deal with him and finalise it soon.
Ambrose and Milligan are irreplaceable for a club of our limited wealth.
i would also like our club to be negotiating a precontract deal with Adam Bogdan. He has settled down and has been playing faultlessly. At 31 he might decide that he is enjoying playing football for an improving team and be happy to stick around. I prefer his all round quality to Marciano's spectacular shot stopping which masks some of his weaknesses.

07-10-2018, 07:13 AM
No wonder Schalke wanted him. The guy is by a distance the best centre half in Scotland.

07-10-2018, 07:15 AM
Efe would score a few more if he were to go up for the corners and free kicks, why he doesn't is beyond me.

Prob just can’t be arsed. Would rather just stay at the back and smoke a cigar.

07-10-2018, 07:15 AM
No wonder Schalke wanted him. The guy is by a distance the best centre half in Scotland.

He isn't by a distance the best at Hibs.

07-10-2018, 07:16 AM

When he’s on form like he is just now he is.

07-10-2018, 07:20 AM

who is better?

07-10-2018, 07:21 AM
who is better?

No one but he isn't a distance better than Hanlon.

07-10-2018, 07:26 AM
No one but he isn't a distance better than Hanlon.

at this moment in time he is, there is no one coming close, which isnt really a complaint as its good to see someone playing so well, long may it continue

07-10-2018, 07:27 AM
You have to wonder who drops out to let Hanlon or McGregor back in

07-10-2018, 07:30 AM

based on the last couple of games no one, but think we all know it will be porteous unless he sticks with 3 at the back

07-10-2018, 07:30 AM
He's totally outrageous. Some of the stuff he does is just unreal.

Class act.

07-10-2018, 07:35 AM
I hope we can get him re-signed, contract up in the summer so will have suitors sniffing about in January.Yeah come on Hibs get Efe on a new deal...be gutted to see him go

07-10-2018, 07:38 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWas thinking the same mate who'd have thought that a few weeks ago??

07-10-2018, 07:43 AM
Dont know what sort of contract he is on but he needs tae be tied up way before January.

07-10-2018, 07:44 AM

Hanlon will be back when fit...may end up moving to a three, but if playing two..porteous imho would be on the bench..although Efe can move to RB too....

McGregor will get games, but likely manly when others are out...

Great to have a strong set of options...

07-10-2018, 07:44 AM
Wonderful player, we are so lucky to have him in our team and it’s great development for Ryan Porteous to be able to play along side Efe, he will be learning loads. CB is a position we currently have an embarrassment of riches at.

07-10-2018, 07:45 AM

I don’t see McGregor getting back in now. Porteous has jumped ahead of him. Might be a different story with Hanlon, but I think we’ve got a good partnership going at the back just now. Not sure I’d want us to disrupt that.

07-10-2018, 07:57 AM
Hanlon will be back when fit...may end up moving to a three, but if playing two..porteous imho would be on the bench..although Efe can move to RB too....

McGregor will get games, but likely manly when others are out...

Great to have a strong set of options...

Think Hanlon over Porteous but I wouldn't be keen to mess around with the formation too much until we've played the Hearts & Celtic games.

07-10-2018, 08:08 AM
Hanlon normally comes straight back in but think Ryan and efe have been plying well and as a manager would you want to disrupt that ?

07-10-2018, 11:29 AM
I don’t see McGregor getting back in now. Porteous has jumped ahead of him. Might be a different story with Hanlon, but I think we’ve got a good partnership going at the back just now. Not sure I’d want us to disrupt that.

I can see McGregor moving into the coaching set up after this season, age and injuries are catching up and he'll be good for the young lads to learn from.

07-10-2018, 12:19 PM
Hanlon normally comes straight back in but think Ryan and efe have been plying well and as a manager would you want to disrupt that ?

Bear in mind it was Dundee, St Mirren and Hamilton. Celtic and hearts games will need different personnel and formations

07-10-2018, 12:23 PM
I can see McGregor moving into the coaching set up after this season, age and injuries are catching up and he'll be good for the young lads to learn from.

He's had a injury and suddenly he's retiring? I think it will take more than that to make him quit.

07-10-2018, 12:32 PM
He's had a injury and suddenly he's retiring? I think it will take more than that to make him quit.

Unfortunately it comes to everyone at some point, 33 now which isn't old in the scheme of things but injuries do take longer and he has had 2 cruciate ruptures in 2011 and 12, knee injury and surgery last season and recently an Edema in the knee which has taken a while to clear up. I don't know if he's doing his badges but it will certainly be in the back of his mind at this stage of his career, with Porteous developing so quickly I'm struggling to see how McGregor gets back into the team right now.

07-10-2018, 12:41 PM
Unfortunately it comes to everyone at some point, 33 now which isn't old in the scheme of things but injuries do take longer and he has had 2 cruciate ruptures in 2011 and 12, knee injury and surgery last season and recently an Edema in the knee which has taken a while to clear up. I don't know if he's doing his badges but it will certainly be in the back of his mind at this stage of his career, with Porteous developing so quickly I'm struggling to see how McGregor gets back into the team right now.
Same way porteous got in, an injury. McGregor has a bit more in him yet.

07-10-2018, 12:42 PM

Think he’s out of contract at the end of this season as well

07-10-2018, 12:50 PM
Ambrose has been terrific since he arrived, he's had to shake off a reputation of being a bit of a liability, which folk still leap on as soon as he makes a mistake.

Fortunately most people now see exactly how good he is - and his signing was a real coup from Lennon.

Enjoy him while he's here, folks.

07-10-2018, 12:53 PM
He has been absolutely sublime lately.

Absolutely faultless

I cannae even mind the last time he had an”Efe Moment”

Long may it continue

Get him signed up!

07-10-2018, 01:32 PM
Same way porteous got in, an injury. McGregor has a bit more in him yet.

Don't get me wrong I love McGregor to bits but age is starting to catch him up, I can see him signing a years extension and maybe doing some coaching with the kids to get him started and accepting the fact he'll be used as back up, Porteous did say recently in an interview how much of an influence McGregor has been this past year or so, you can actually see a lot of the same traits in Porteous that McGregor has.

07-10-2018, 01:49 PM
Any truth in the rumours saying Hibs are in talks with Effe about extending his contract :cb
Hope so 🇺🇿

marleyhib
07-10-2018, 01:56 PM
Ambrose has been terrific since he arrived, he's had to shake off a reputation of being a bit of a liability, which folk still leap on as soon as he makes a mistake.

Fortunately most people now see exactly how good he is - and his signing was a real coup from Lennon.

Enjoy him while he's here, folks.

He’s been a revelation, wonderful footballer with the best song.

my left peg
07-10-2018, 08:02 PM

McGregor,Stevenson,Hanlon and David Gray are all doing their coaching badges.

07-10-2018, 08:04 PM

Perhaps if we loan Porteous out to a bottom 6 side? :wink:

07-10-2018, 08:11 PM
Perhaps if we loan Porteous out to a bottom 6 side? :wink:

Think you've got me mixed up with another poster G, I've never wanted Porteous loaned out, I'm not going to bite at your stupid wee posts that are made to get a reaction, think they call that trolling mate. 🤐

07-10-2018, 08:14 PM
Think you've got me mixed up with another poster G, I've never wanted Porteous loaned out, I'm not going to bite at your stupid wee posts that are made to get a reaction, think they call that trolling mate. 🤐

No i know it was not you JC, i was just pointing out how daft a suggestion it was and how you were right about Daz.

07-10-2018, 08:19 PM
No i know it was not you JC, i was just pointing out how daft a suggestion it was and how you were right about Daz.

Ok mate, thought you were being a bit narky with me for no reason at all. 👍

I can't remember who that was but I did laugh at the suggestion.