PDA

View Full Version : Slivka

JohnM1875
06-10-2018, 04:09 PM
Guy definitely deserves a thread of his own today!! What a performance. Hope he kicks on from that.

hfc rd
06-10-2018, 04:11 PM
Was excellent today and linked up very well with the rest of the midfield.

IGRIGI
06-10-2018, 04:12 PM
For me it was his best all round performance so far at Hibs.

California-Hibs
06-10-2018, 04:16 PM
Think it was his best performance for us.

dp00
Him and hyndman had solid game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevo1875
Never put a foot wrong whole game

lucky
06-10-2018, 04:25 PM
Was my MOTM but the team played very well

Brightside
06-10-2018, 04:33 PM
Him and Hyndman very good today, and we were rock solid behind them which allowed them to do more further up the park.

MWHIBBIES
06-10-2018, 04:40 PM
Was good away at Dundee as well, he's a quality player.

Pete
06-10-2018, 04:42 PM
Silkiness personified

A Hi-Bee
06-10-2018, 04:42 PM
He is a very good player, and perhaps we will begin to see this in further games that he plays for us.

:flag::flag::flag:

Nevi_SOL
06-10-2018, 04:51 PM
Made everything look easy today, faultless

bigwheel
06-10-2018, 04:52 PM
Best game he has had for us ?? I’d think so. Had an excellent 90 ...hadn’t noticed how one footed he was before - didn’t hamper him. But was very noticeable today ...

wookie70
06-10-2018, 04:55 PM
Purred his way through the game and I had him as MOTM.

Dashing Bob S
06-10-2018, 04:59 PM
Purred his way through the game and I had him as MOTM.

Definitely cat of the match. He must be feline great after that performance.

Shrekko
06-10-2018, 04:59 PM
Few folk gonnae have egg on their face with this boy I think.

neil7908
06-10-2018, 05:13 PM
Didn't make today but glad to see him back in the side. Lots of competition for places is great for us and we'll need plenty bodies if we want to push on this season

pacoluna
06-10-2018, 05:16 PM
Was superb

Onion
06-10-2018, 05:18 PM
Great performance by Slivka.

If only he didn't disappear in games and produced that kind of performance more often.

MWHIBBIES
06-10-2018, 05:25 PM

If only he didn't disappear in games and produced that kind of performance more often.

He doesn't disappear. He often plays that well (Dundee away recently) then is bizarrely dropped. Last game he played before Dundee was Molde (at home, I didn't see away game so can't comment)in which he also played very well.

Seveno
06-10-2018, 05:31 PM
His best game at Easter Road. I am really pleased for him and hope for him and Hibs that he keeps it up.

AgentDaleCooper
06-10-2018, 05:34 PM
Was he playing on the wing? Seemed like it, reminded me of the last game of the season against der hun and agaisnt celtic at home. He can whip in a fantastic cross without having much room at all.

Real Emerald
06-10-2018, 05:37 PM
Was he playing on the wing? Seemed like it, reminded me of the last game of the season against der hun and agaisnt celtic at home. He can whip in a fantastic cross without having much room at all.

He played in the middle, where he should be playing and was outstanding.

wookie70
06-10-2018, 05:38 PM

Right side of a midfield diamond so more central than he has played in his other appearances.

Franck Stanton
06-10-2018, 05:45 PM
Played very well but...We have to consider the huddies he was playing against today. Not slating him, think he is a very good player just needs to perform like today more often.

LaMotta
06-10-2018, 05:49 PM

His best performance in a Hibs shirt. Hopefully he can have a few more of those.

Hibee Mac
06-10-2018, 05:55 PM
Great performance, very classy player and fit that formation well today.

Mantis Toboggan
06-10-2018, 06:15 PM
Played very well but...We have to consider the huddies he was playing against today. Not slating him, think he is a very good player just needs to perform like today more often.

Would tend to agree but some of his touches today were lovely. Combined with work rate and he's a really important player

jacomo
06-10-2018, 06:21 PM
Delighted to read this.

He obviously had a tough time getting game time in central midfield last season and he’s not a natural wide player.

I lost the faith a bit early this season because he didn’t seem to be grabbing his opportunity. Maybe he’s one of those characters who needs faith shown in him to perform at his best?

Could be such a key player for us this season.

EH54
06-10-2018, 06:57 PM
Always said there was a player in there. But he's been asked to do jobs that don't suit his style of play. Classy player, he needed that game, unfortunately for him when he plays well he usually finds himself back amongst the subs..

marinello59
06-10-2018, 07:10 PM
MOTM for me. He was a joy to watch.

JohnM1875
06-10-2018, 07:50 PM
MOTM for me. He was a joy to watch.

Totally agree. Deceptively quick, great with both feet, always had his head up looking for a pass, bursting a gut to make forward runs. Just can't fault that performance today. Loved it.

J-C
06-10-2018, 08:46 PM
Outstanding today, his link up play was superb and kept the ball moving along at all times, never flustered, looked a real player today.

SRHibs
06-10-2018, 08:51 PM
He doesn't disappear. He often plays that well (Dundee away recently) then is bizarrely dropped. Last game he played before Dundee was Molde (at home, I didn't see away game so can't comment)in which he also played very well.

Yeah, he’s had a few OK games but I don’t really recall Slivka ever having a “bad” one - just maybe not reaching the expectations of many on here. I do think Lennon rates him highly though - it seems he was out with a bug in the last week or two, as opposed to being dropped as such.

hibeejoy
06-10-2018, 08:52 PM
Man of the Match for me today.Fight for every ball.Superb!

superfurryhibby
06-10-2018, 09:42 PM
Best game for us. Here's hoping he can continue like that and show Lennon he's worth a regular start.

S4uzee
06-10-2018, 09:52 PM
Today proved he had to be played centrally. Very good technically, however needs to be more consistent

HibeeHibernian4
06-10-2018, 09:52 PM
As Morrissey would say, Slivka take a bow!

My_Wife_Camille
06-10-2018, 11:29 PM
He was fantastic today and it was so good to see. He still blows a bit hot and cold for me but today was definitely one of his hot performances. Thought he was flawless

Hermit Crab
06-10-2018, 11:32 PM
Said it before and I'll say it again, the lad is quality and underrated in our team, amazing to think that some posters wanted him moved on in the summer window. A lot of backtracking going on it would seem...:rolleyes:

Forza Fred
06-10-2018, 11:36 PM
Thought he went close to MOM, especially for his first half performance.

He seems to have the ability to get a cross over, no matter how many defenders are closing him down.

My_Wife_Camille
06-10-2018, 11:45 PM
Said it before and I'll say it again, the lad is quality and underrated in our team, amazing to think that some posters wanted him moved on in the summer window. A lot of backtracking going on it would seem...:rolleyes:
People get slated on here for being stubborn and narrow minded but apparently it’s also a problem when they do the opposite and give credit where it’s due and in some cases when they change their mind. Ffs you can’t win on here sometimes.

Slivka has got it but the problem is he doesn’t show it enough. I didn’t want rid but I didnt think we’d particularly miss him if he did go. I’d like to see a lot more performances like today’s

monktonharp
06-10-2018, 11:50 PM
he must have had some performance yesterday judging by the comments. think we all know there is a player in there, but he has been shoved in to various positions, and brought on late etc glad to hear he had a great day.

Dancehibs
07-10-2018, 08:49 AM

I rate him also. But comments were justified. Lenny kept dropping him. He needs to consistently produce performances like that. Hamilton didn’t lay a glove on us. Midfield had acres to pick passes

Sammy7nil
07-10-2018, 08:54 AM
Few folk gonnae have egg on their face with this boy I think.

Yeah he was signed by Juventus you know, he will be the greatest ever Hibs player - Stanton who? :wink:

Just let him play and hope he kicks on.

southern hibby
07-10-2018, 01:34 PM
Slivka was my man of the match yesterday ( though there was a few contenders that could easily have got it as well ). However I’m not sure why I’m thinking this as I’ve not really checked it out but in my minds eye
I think Slivka only plays really well in the sunshine and when dry.

As I said not sure why I’m thinking it but I am, so one I’ll be looking out for.

GGTTH

Famous Fiver
07-10-2018, 01:39 PM
He had a great game yesterday and is fitting into this season's team system very well.

Don't know what his contract situation is but there will be interest in him. I am sure he is a first pick for his national team. I am just appreciating him while we have him.

We are now getting the best out of him and long may it continue.

Billy Whizz
07-10-2018, 01:42 PM
He had a great game yesterday and is fitting into this season's team system very well.

Don't know what his contract situation is but there will be interest in him. I am sure he is a first pick for his national team. I am just appreciating him while we have him.

We are now getting the best out of him and long may it continue.

Think we signed him on a 4 year last season

marleyhib
07-10-2018, 01:50 PM
Would like to see him start a good run of games, undoubtedly has the talent. Looks like a confidence player for me, when things get tough he has gone missing at times but hopefully he can kick on from a great performance yesterday.

Blaster
07-10-2018, 01:54 PM
Lennon in his post match interview (think it was on hibstv) said Slivka had a bug before the St Mirren game otherwise he would have started

ian cruise
08-10-2018, 08:59 PM
I don't necessarily think he was dropped due to anything he had done wrong earlier in the season. We signed new players and everyone was getting a chance to play and see where they'd fit in. Now we're up to speed he'll come back in but I'm expecting rotation in that area in general to accommodate the players we have.

Classy player who has more good games than bad, going to be of real value to us this season.

stoneyburn hibs
08-10-2018, 09:14 PM
I wasn't at the game yesterday but I'm glad to see a positive thread about him. Hopefully the praise for him keeps coming.

Hi Heid Yin
08-10-2018, 11:28 PM
For me ( a long time critic of his) definitely his best performance to date. Not just for his crucial linking play, but because he was involved and impacting positively for the bulk of his time on the pitch.
He got a deserved standing round of applause from yours truly as he came off.

cameronw-hfc
09-10-2018, 08:19 PM
One thing I've noticed is that whenever the ball is in the box if you keep an eye on him he's always making late runs into the box. Think he'll bag a few goals from midfield if played in the right position consistently