PDA

View Full Version : East Stand entrance closed

hibee
06-10-2018, 01:51 PM
For anyone coming from the Meadowbank / butterfly path the stewards are not letting us walk in to the back of the East stand that way.

Apparently it’s not a stadium entrance and you need to walk round past the away fans and the main stand to get to the East or FF stands.

Hibs adding their own road closures just when you thought you’d made it through all the others!

hibbysam
06-10-2018, 01:59 PM
Just about to post about that. Proper shambles. Wonder if they’ll stick by this rule when it comes to Rangers/Celtic games and have us happily walk through that lot.

However, for those buying tickets at the pod, they are allowed to use it??

linlithgowhibbie
06-10-2018, 10:50 PM
Fire an email to Hibs and point out the problems. I am sure it will be sorted:thumbsup:

hibbysam
06-10-2018, 10:52 PM
Fire an email to Hibs and oint out the problems. I am sure it will be sorted:thumbsup:

It was Hibs’ decision supposedly to ‘close’ it, even though it wasn’t closed as they were allowing fans to go the opposite way. It was open at FT however, which the steward advised wouldn’t be the case so hopefully it wasn’t a miscommunication of some form.

LeithSqualk
07-10-2018, 05:12 AM
Hibs wanted everyone in the east to have their bags searched. If they were going to search at that gate they would have needed more staff. Some people were having a go at the stewards but whilst they mainly agreed with us it was firmly a Hibs decision. Perhaps a fans rep could find out why this is now policy

hibbysam
07-10-2018, 05:39 AM
Hibs wanted everyone in the east to have their bags searched. If they were going to search at that gate they would have needed more staff. Some people were having a go at the stewards but whilst they mainly agreed with us it was firmly a Hibs decision. Perhaps a fans rep could find out why this is now policy

Unless you have a bag you don’t get searched anyway, so pointless. We’re struggling if we can’t afford another 2/3 stewards to man a little gate and search a few bags (which would relieve some of the work the stewards would have to do at the north end)

Carheenlea
07-10-2018, 06:18 AM

Makes sense and is fair enough to expect proper security protocol. Takes all of 5 minutes to walk round West and FF.

Skol
07-10-2018, 06:38 AM

You would have thought fans reps would know about these things changing and done their best to communicate them widely. I suppose those that know where they sit would have been able to find out.

HH81
07-10-2018, 06:42 AM
For anyone coming from the Meadowbank / butterfly path the stewards are not letting us walk in to the back of the East stand that way.

Apparently it’s not a stadium entrance and you need to walk round past the away fans and the main stand to get to the East or FF stands.

Hibs adding their own road closures just when you thought you’d made it through all the others!

I went the other way to the south stand. They just let us through don't think they even checked our tickets or anything. I did see them stopping some people at the gate going the other way which seemed pointless.
I already had tickets and didn't buy from the pod either.

hibee
07-10-2018, 08:31 AM

Yes, he told me that so I showed him that I had no bag and 3 season tickets for the FF but he said I still couldn’t go through with my kids but had no explanation why that was the case.

If they’d announced this first or even stopped people at the street I wouldn’t have an issue with it but no, they let you walk through all the South stewards who said nothing just to turn us all back at the top!

Keith_M
07-10-2018, 08:52 AM
Yes, he told me that so I showed him that I had no bag and 3 season tickets for the FF but he said I still couldn’t go through with my kids but had no explanation why that was the case.

If they’d announced this first or even stopped people at the street I wouldn’t have an issue with it but no, they let you walk through all the South stewards who said nothing just to turn us all back at the top!

That seems a bit petty, and pointless.

hibee
07-10-2018, 10:02 AM
It was open at FT however, which the steward advised wouldn’t be the case so hopefully it wasn’t a miscommunication of some form.

I asked if it would be open after the game and was told by the supervisor it definitely would be, I walked round the long way just in case though!