PDA

View Full Version : Fair dinkum!

Forza Fred
05-10-2018, 09:53 PM
Struth, Aussies here, Aussies there!

Next thing the Hibs support will be wearing hats with corks on them to the games.

The Oz Hibs Branch flag will hopefully be raised a few times in the lower west today(towards the away end) as an existing Socceroo and future Socceroo Rip the flamin guts out of Hamilton.

Sproule3, on holiday from Sydney will be there with his two young nippers and the kids will be flying the flag, on our behalf, complete with kangaroo and emu....

Hopefully Sproule3 stays off the Fosters before the game and doesn’t make a proper galah of himself, and create an international incident, at a time when Scottish/Australian relations are at an all time high!

Hopefully too, the cameras can catch a glimpse of the flag for us Hibs TV viewers who will again be doing the night shift...and listening to another Aussie providing some of the commentary.

Stone the Crows, there is no escape from them��

FranckSuzy
05-10-2018, 10:06 PM
Nice one, Fred :thumbsup: Hibees, Hibees:flag:

Forza Fred
05-10-2018, 11:24 PM
Nice one, Fred :thumbsup: Hibees, Hibees:flag:

Have it on good authority that Sproule3 will indeed be wearing a hat with extra big corks on the strings....he knows there isn’t much of a problem with flies at ER, but is hopeful that the corks will keep the seagulls away.....

Ryan69
05-10-2018, 11:42 PM

Next thing the Hibs support will be wearing hats with corks on them to the games.

The Oz Hibs Branch flag will hopefully be raised a few times in the lower west today(towards the away end) as an existing Socceroo and future Socceroo Rip the flamin guts out of Hamilton.

Sproule3, on holiday from Sydney will be there with his two young nippers and the kids will be flying the flag, on our behalf, complete with kangaroo and emu....

Hopefully Sproule3 stays off the Fosters before the game and doesn’t make a proper galah of himself, and create an international incident, at a time when Scottish/Australian relations are at an all time high!

Hopefully too, the cameras can catch a glimpse of the flag for us Hibs TV viewers who will again be doing the night shift...and listening to another Aussie providing some of the commentary.

For your information...Aussies dont wear cork hats and fosters tastes like cats piss!

Forza Fred
05-10-2018, 11:46 PM
For your information...Aussies dont wear cork hats and fosters tastes like cats piss!

Well I had a corked hat for special occasions, and much prefer VB to Fosters, but it comes out the same stable.

Ryan69
05-10-2018, 11:51 PM
Well I had a corked hat for special occasions, and much prefer VB to Fosters, but it comes out the same stable.

I found one pub in the whole Sydney that sold Fosters...And nobody drunk it.
Nobody wears cork hats...Its a myth.

Forza Fred
06-10-2018, 12:01 AM
I found one pub in the whole Sydney that sold Fosters...And nobody drunk it.
Nobody wears cork hats...Its a myth.

When still living in Edinburgh, a lifetime ago, relatives in Oz used to send us a crate of Fosters.

Emigrating in 74, I discovered that Fosters was not a draught beer, but only sold in cans and bottles.

First time I sawcFosters on tap believe it or not was in Edinburgh in 82 when back on holiday, and I agree what was on sale was not what I was used to...to put it mildly.

It did go on tap in Oz after that, but think Barry McKenzie was the only guy who preferred it.

As for cork hats...next you'll be tellin me that the Bunyip is a myth and Drop Bears don't exist

Deansy
06-10-2018, 12:26 AM

Oh, they've improved it, then ?

Mixu62
06-10-2018, 03:00 AM
My work in Brisbane is near the XXXX brewery. If you think it tastes bad, imagine the smell.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-10-2018, 05:22 AM
I really liked XXXX when it was first put on sale in the UK, they must've done something to it a few years later 'cos it had gone well downhill. The Beehive in The Grassmarket used to have the best pint available.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-10-2018, 05:24 AM
https://g.co/kgs/LJFR7D

Big90inOz
06-10-2018, 05:33 AM
I wee message from down under, even Skippy knows

Cork hats work a treat as it leaves one hand free for the beer and the other for the BBQ Sanger roll. XXXX and VB are worse the cats piss Iwould imagine as I haven’t tried cats piss but those beers are rotten.

Hibbykk
06-10-2018, 07:16 AM
https://g.co/kgs/4XWoH8

BILLYHIBS
06-10-2018, 07:23 AM

Saw the Aussie flag in the HIBS end up at Dens was that you guys?

Forza Fred
06-10-2018, 08:00 AM
Saw the Aussie flag in the HIBS end up at Dens was that you guys?

Yep Sproule3 was there ...

BILLYHIBS
06-10-2018, 08:04 AM
Yep Sproule3 was there ...

Fair dinkum!

:thumbsup:

Jim44
06-10-2018, 08:12 AM
[QUOTE=Ryan69;5568688]For your information...Aussies dont wear cork hats and fosters tastes like cats piss![/QUOTE

I suppose you’ll be telling us next that Santa’s not real. :rolleyes:

The Pointer
06-10-2018, 08:53 AM
Good on yer mate!

When I was over two years ago (watched the League Cup Final with you lot) I found Coopers to be pretty enjoyable grog. There's a thriving small brewery scene over there so lots of local choice.

G'day P.

beensaidbefore
06-10-2018, 10:27 AM
Good on yer mate!

When I was over two years ago (watched the League Cup Final with you lot) I found Coopers to be pretty enjoyable grog. There's a thriving small brewery scene over there so lots of local choice.

G'day P.

Coopers sparkling is a favourite of mine. They sell it in the oz bar on candlemaker row.

Crown were great too, but a little pricey.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-10-2018, 11:52 AM
Bundaberg over proof rum if you don't have work next day! 😁