PDA

View Full Version : Did boyle play in the 2016 cup final

CRAZYHIBBY
05-10-2018, 06:02 PM
Right .....ive just read about his aussie call up and the article says he was an unused sub in the final win....however i seem to remember him playing......did he actually play or am i having a mandela effect moment??

Billy Whizz
05-10-2018, 06:03 PM
Right .....ive just read **** his aussie call up and the article says he was an unused sub in the final win....however i seem to remember him playing......did he actually play or am i having a mandela effect moment??

Unused sub if I can remember

EH54
05-10-2018, 06:04 PM
No he never played, Keatings, Gunnarsson and Henderson came on..

CRAZYHIBBY
05-10-2018, 06:06 PM
Jesus christ this confirms the mandela effect is real......i distinctly remember him playing

Billy Whizz
05-10-2018, 06:08 PM
Jesus christ this confirms the mandela effect is real......i distinctly remember him playing

He was on the pitch at the end though

AZhibee
05-10-2018, 06:14 PM

So were a lot of people 😃

Speedy
05-10-2018, 06:21 PM
No he never. Shows how much he has gone on in a short period of time.

It's unthinkable that a fully fit Boyle wouldn't feature in a cup final for us now.

Sir David Gray
05-10-2018, 06:30 PM

Have Police Scotland been notified?

J-C
05-10-2018, 06:31 PM
I think what everyone remembers is the infamous 3 day drinking binge with Stokes all over Leith.

SirDavidsNapper
05-10-2018, 06:33 PM

Great well done. The police will be knocking at his door now

HoboHarry
05-10-2018, 06:34 PM
Yes they have and they already have a sentence in mind - why else is he being pushed towards Australia? If he sees the name Van Dieman on the teamsheet he's knackered........

madabouthibs
05-10-2018, 06:35 PM
I have a very decent video of him running right past me on the pitch with a flag. I didn't even notice at the time. 😁

Billy Whizz
05-10-2018, 06:36 PM

Ha ha

scoopyboy
05-10-2018, 06:44 PM
Right .....ive just read about his aussie call up and the article says he was an unused sub in the final win....however i seem to remember him playing......did he actually play or am i having a mandela effect moment??

I think he was stripped and about to go on when Paul Hanlon had to come off.

Smartie
05-10-2018, 06:47 PM
I have a very decent video of him running right past me on the pitch with a flag. I didn't even notice at the time. 😁

I bumped into him on the pitch as well.

He had a jesters hat on and seemed to be tanking about at speed with a flag.

Billy Whizz
05-10-2018, 06:55 PM
Taking of being on the pitch. Lad I know who goes home and away, was on the edge of the pitch at the end of the game. He was near the front so basically went onto the pitch to stop getting crushed

Anyway a friend made a prank phone call home a week or so after the game. Left his a message on his phone saying he was from the police
Poor lad went down to Corstorphone police station to hand himself in. Office laughed at him and told him to go away

The downside for the lad who made the call, the lad gave his number to the Police😄

100% true story

hibby rae
05-10-2018, 07:09 PM

Thinking of the semi? He scored one of the pens.

Bristolhibby
05-10-2018, 07:19 PM
I think what everyone remembers is the infamous 3 day drinking binge with Stokes all over Leith.

Ahhhh, the Sean Connery was my milkman that the older generation all seemed to have.

J

therealgavmac
05-10-2018, 07:30 PM

Are you Lee Wallace? :wink:

3pm
05-10-2018, 08:06 PM
I think he was stripped and about to go on when Paul Hanlon had to come off.

Never knew that. Always assumed Bartley would have been the 3rd sub!

J-C
05-10-2018, 08:49 PM
Ahhhh, the Sean Connery was my milkman that the older generation all seemed to have.

J

:confused::confused: eh?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
05-10-2018, 08:52 PM
Scottish Cup Legend. Just like the rest of the squad that season.

Bristolhibby
05-10-2018, 08:54 PM
:confused::confused: eh?

Sean Connery was a milkman in Edinburgh before he became famous. My Nana used to swear blind Connery was her milkman.

Most Nanas in Edinburgh swear the same thing.

The thing about Stokes is everybody had a drink with Stokes after the final, whether they did it not.

J

green day
05-10-2018, 09:02 PM

J

He means Boyle bevvying with Stokes for 3 days.......

J-C
05-10-2018, 09:37 PM
He means Boyle bevvying with Stokes for 3 days.......

This, whether everyone had a drink with him or not it was the 2-3 days celebrations with Stokes that stood out about Boyle and people just seem to think he played, plus his celebrations at the end were legendary, the fans really took to him after all that.

Hibs1969
05-10-2018, 10:06 PM
You sir, are Lee Wallace.

brianmc
05-10-2018, 11:02 PM
Sean Connery was a milkman in Edinburgh before he became famous. My Nana used to swear blind Connery was her milkman.

Most Nanas in Edinburgh swear the same thing.

The thing about Stokes is everybody had a drink with Stokes after the final, whether they did it not.

J

I'm guessing you don't "do" Twitter?
Or at least didn't at that time!
Boyle posted pictoral evidence of his (and assorted friends) epic bender in the days following the win and parade.
He was defo last man standing after at least 72hrs on the lash 😁 though he could barely even stand!

Northernhibee
06-10-2018, 10:49 AM
His penalty in the semi was a peach.

BoomtownHibees
06-10-2018, 11:29 AM
His penalty in the semi was a peach.

That good he meant it to go bottom right 😂

proud_and_green
06-10-2018, 11:46 AM
I think what everyone remembers is the infamous 3 day drinking binge with Stokes all over Leith.If you can remember the game, man, you weren't there!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

J-C
06-10-2018, 12:15 PM
If you can remember the game, man, you weren't there!

Eh? Am I missing something with this post ?????

O'Rourke3
06-10-2018, 10:37 PM
He was certainly one of the team who partied. Telling the Jambo welt Euan Cameron to f **K off when he tried to get an interview on the Sunday morning for STV was priceless. I think some confusion comes from he now looks more like Keatings with the beard

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Tornadoes70
06-10-2018, 10:45 PM
He was certainly one of the team who partied. Telling the Jambo welt Euan Cameron to f **K off when he tried to get an interview on the Sunday morning for STV was priceless. I think some confusion comes from he now looks more like Keatings with the beard

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

:top marks

If this plonker wasn't a yam he'd still be told to beat it. The fact he's a yam is no surprise at all. Probably originates from currie or baberton areas or some other rover owner cardigan wearing likewise suburb.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Haymaker
07-10-2018, 04:01 AM

J

I've no idea if I had a pint with Stokes. No ****ing clue, I was plastered!

Haymaker
07-10-2018, 04:02 AM
Eh? Am I missing something with this post ?????

The Woodstock thing.

J-C
07-10-2018, 11:34 AM
The Woodstock thing.

Ah! a whoosh moment there for me :greengrin I get it now.

NAE NOOKIE
07-10-2018, 01:08 PM
If you can remember the game, man, you weren't there!

I know this is supposed to be a joke, but in all seriousness I cant remember much about the actual game at all …. my memory of the Saturday starts just after SDG scored the winner and me spending the next 3 minutes with my hands over my ears and my eyes closed repeating 'hold out' 'hold out' hold out' over and over again :greengrin

The next 10 hours and the following Sunday were an absolute blast :thumbsup:

proud_and_green
07-10-2018, 04:33 PM
I know this is supposed to be a joke, but in all seriousness I cant remember much about the actual game at all …. my memory of the Saturday starts just after SDG scored the winner and me spending the next 3 minutes with my hands over my ears and my eyes closed repeating 'hold out' 'hold out' hold out' over and over again :greengrin

The next 10 hours and the following Sunday were an absolute blast [emoji106]Yep, I'm kind of in the same boat, I remember the ball in the net bits, the cheering and the nervous bits and a bit when I knew at 2-2 we were going to win and the jubilation. But bits in between are really hazy.