PDA

View Full Version : 8 matches in 29 days

Jamesie
05-10-2018, 03:01 PM
That's December for us - with five of those eight, including four of the final five, coming against sides that finished in the top six last season. It truly is a month - and 24 potential points - that could make or break our season and will require good squad management to get us through it.

Five home games in the Christmas month is going to hit the walk up supporter hard in the pocket though, that's for sure, and other than the Derby I expect home attendances to dip a somewhat, especially given many of these games will be on TV.

cleanyman
05-10-2018, 03:47 PM
These guys are athletes.

Crack on.

Itsnoteasy
05-10-2018, 03:50 PM
These guys are athletes.

Crack on.

Exactly

Jack Hackett
05-10-2018, 04:37 PM
With that amount of games there will be a high risk of injuries, and our track record would suggest that they'll be long term. The '2 weeks' thingy didn't become a .net regular because it was actually the case

hibee_girl
05-10-2018, 04:53 PM
It’s only one extra game added to our schedule. A schedule we’ve had since the middle of June. Is it really that big of a deal?

ancient hibee
05-10-2018, 05:35 PM
It’s only one extra game added to our schedule. A schedule we’ve had since the middle of June. Is it really that big of a deal?
Yes.

cleanyman
05-10-2018, 05:58 PM
Yes.

Rangers and Celtic play more.

Let's get into these two

crash
05-10-2018, 06:02 PM

It was only one extra straw that broke the camels back.

jonty
05-10-2018, 06:33 PM
2 games a week over 4 weeks cant be good for recovery time? do the trainers work on that or focus on 100% fitness for weekend games?
If i had to double my workrate for 4 weeks i'd be pretty knackered.

TANGENT alert.
And lets not forget neil Doncaster and his cronies have to go ****ing around with the in-firms schedule because they're in Europe and cant have any fixture congestion.
Despite their athletes costing several times most other clubs, and paid several times more wages (allegedly).

If they want to play in Europe then they deal with it - or play their reserve squad for league games.
rant over.

SideBurns
05-10-2018, 06:40 PM
Roy Race once played 8 games in one day (source: his autobiography, marvellous read), albeit only one at pro level for Melchester Rovers.

Modern, non-comic book players need to man up if they cannae hack it.

ancient hibee
05-10-2018, 08:53 PM
Was this before or after he was crippled?

ano hibby
05-10-2018, 09:15 PM
Roy Race once played 8 games in one day (source: his autobiography, marvellous read), albeit only one at pro level for Melchester Rovers.

Modern, non-comic book players need to man up if they cannae hack it.

It is a marvellous read that book 👍 laugh out loud funny

AZhibee
05-10-2018, 09:32 PM
I like a busy schedule, long gaps between games is boring.

allezsauzee
05-10-2018, 09:32 PM
Can't wait for it. We'll have hit our stride by then and Lenny's ability to get the most out of the squad is one of his strengths. :nlgwa