PDA

View Full Version : Guilty

Billy Whizz
04-10-2018, 05:06 PM
I saw the highlights on Sportscene on Sunday, thought it was a rash challenge, but didn’t think it was a red card.
Aberdeen must be seriously peeved with the red card decisions against them this season
Any thoughts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45750019

bigwheel
04-10-2018, 05:11 PM
First time I’ve seen it. Think it is a shocker. Looks a straight red to me ....

Famous Fiver
04-10-2018, 05:11 PM
Opinions, eh?

While I respect your opinion, mine was that on viewing the incident on TV, it confirmed that Aberdeen were just continuing the hammer throwing techniques they successfully employed at Eater Road in the League Cup, and I am no lover of Celtic.

In my opinion.

Billy Whizz
04-10-2018, 05:13 PM
First time I’ve seen it. Think it is a shocker. Looks a straight red to me ....

I genuinely think he went to clear the ball

Hibbyradge
04-10-2018, 05:13 PM
It was a terrible tackle. 2 feet off the ground, both of which connected with Edouard, I think.

Plus, he was going through on goal.

Red card all day, imo.

04Sauzee
04-10-2018, 05:15 PM
I can't believe it was overlooked at the game and that Stewart and Thomson thought it was a yellow at most. Straight red in my eyes

bigwheel
04-10-2018, 05:15 PM

May have been ..But he is not in control of himself there...off the ground, flying through air, both feet high..if he connects with a planted leg it’s a leg breaker...or worse... scary challenge for a pro that

Sir David Gray
04-10-2018, 05:18 PM
Awful challenge that could have resulted in serious injury. I'm not surprised he's been "offered" a ban.

stokesmessiah
I must be on my tod then but that's a nothing challenge and certainly not a red card.

blackpoolhibs
It's a shocking challenge, one i cant believe the ref missed. He's completely out of control, off the ground and in with both feet.

A red card all day long.

Kato

Doesn't really matter, he's not in control. I reckon the Celtic player was lucky the tackle was so high, slightly lower and he could have been badly injured.

cabbageandribs1875
04-10-2018, 05:19 PM
he should have been offered an assault charge from scotlands finest

weecounty hibby
04-10-2018, 05:22 PM
Two feet off the ground at above knee height. Straight red every day of the week except when our incompetent officials are in charge. Compare that to what the Aberdeen player got sent off for against Killie and it is a total joke

Keith_M
04-10-2018, 05:23 PM
Opinions, eh?

While I respect your opinion, mine was that on viewing the incident on TV, it confirmed that Aberdeen were just continuing the hammer throwing techniques they successfully employed at Eater Road in the League Cup, and I am no lover of Celtic.

In my opinion.

Yeah, I find it hard to have any sympathy for that bunch of cloggers.

Kato
04-10-2018, 05:29 PM
Two feet off the ground at above knee height. Straight red every day of the week except when our incompetent officials are in charge. Compare that to what the Aberdeen player got sent off for against Killie and it is a total joke

It was very similar to a tackle Stevie made against us when Aberdeen beat us 0-1 at ER least season. McInnes took him off straight away. Tackle wasn't shown by on telly highlights.

EH54
04-10-2018, 05:31 PM
I must be missing something here but that's assault..2 feet off the ground with intent to injure an opponent for me, straight red..can't believe it's even a debate when you some of the things people get sent off for..

Radium
04-10-2018, 05:34 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181004/e4ba826393ce260aa39ad4c0368050a3.jpg

Obvious mistake by the referee and merits a red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weecounty hibby
04-10-2018, 05:35 PM
It was very similar to a tackle Stevie made against us when Aberdeen beat us 0-1 at ER least season. McInnes took him off straight away. Tackle wasn't shown by on telly highlights.

Yep, was a tackle on Boyle. They are a total gang of hammer throwers

Billy Whizz
04-10-2018, 05:37 PM
Shame he misses the game away against Hearts

LaMotta
04-10-2018, 05:42 PM
Yeh its a red card, but given what Moreles, Alan McGregor and Naismith have got off with, I can see why Aberdeen are pissed off.

Wilson
04-10-2018, 05:43 PM
I must be missing something here but that's assault..2 feet off the ground with intent to injure an opponent for me, straight red..can't believe it's even a debate when you some of the things people get sent off for..

I'm missing something in that case. The ball drops right between the two players and the defender has every right to go for it - he has to play it. If anything McKenna just connects first and it only looks bad because the attacker has gone for the same ball. 50/50.

I can't believe a defender gets a two game ban for that.

We'll need to remember that any time we're slating one of our own for shirking a fifty fifty challenge. The game has gone soft.

Greenbeard
04-10-2018, 05:44 PM
Shame he misses the game away against Hearts
Seeing as the judgement (pending appeal) is that he got away with not getting a red on the day, it seems only fair to me that one of the two matches he is banned from should be the next Sheep v Tic match.

Ozyhibby
04-10-2018, 05:54 PM
I'm missing something in that case. The ball drops right between the two players and the defender has every right to go for it - he has to play it. If anything McKenna just connects first and it only looks bad because the attacker has gone for the same ball. 50/50.

We'll need to remember that any time we're slating one of our own for shirking a fifty fifty challenge. The game has gone soft.

He has both feet of the ground above the knee. It’s a red card every day of the week. It’s dangerous play.

brianmc
04-10-2018, 06:05 PM

The game may have indeed gone soft as you say ... BUT by the current Laws of the Game that's a straight red every time.

Before each new season starts I always go on to the FIFA website and download the updated Laws. Surely I'm not the only one that does this?

Saturday Boy
04-10-2018, 06:07 PM
The game may have indeed gone soft as you say ... BUT by the current Laws of the Game that's a straight red every time.

Before each new season starts I always go on to the FIFA website and download the updated Laws. Surely I'm not the only one that does this?

Having seen some of the refereeing this season, you may well be . 😄

superfurryhibby
04-10-2018, 06:31 PM
He has both feet of the ground above the knee. It’s a red card every day of the week. It’s dangerous play.

Totally agree. Finding it quite bizarre that anyone can argue otherwise. It was a shocker, no matter what intent he had. Disgraceful.

Eyrie
04-10-2018, 07:26 PM
Yeh its a red card, but given what Moreles, Alan McGregor and Naismith have got off with, I can see why Aberdeen are pissed off.

Agreed.

tamig
04-10-2018, 07:29 PM
I saw the highlights on Sportscene on Sunday, thought it was a rash challenge, but didn’t think it was a red card.
Aberdeen must be seriously peeved with the red card decisions against them this season
Any thoughts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45750019

If that’s not reckless I’m not sure what is. Very poor challenge.

SideBurns
04-10-2018, 07:44 PM
Total nonsense. Anyone who has played centre-half would know that ball has to be attacked - it's in the air but at waist height so the foot has to be off the ground, you can't wait for it to hit the turf. He has tried to clear it. The decision to give him a 2 match ban can only have been made by people who've never kicked a ba' in their puff.

I'm_cabbaged
04-10-2018, 08:01 PM
Total nonsense. Anyone who has played centre-half would know that ball has to be attacked - it's in the air but at waist height so the foot has to be off the ground, you can't wait for it to hit the turf. He has tried to clear it. The decision to give him a 2 match ban can only have been made by people who've never kicked a ba' in their puff.

Not total nonsense at all, it wasn’t even given as a foul!!
Edit: if he’d made the right decision and booked him it wouldn’t be a problem

SChibs
04-10-2018, 08:09 PM
Bad tackle but are they going to review every debatable challenge from now on? How they can give a 2 game ban for a defender making a poor challenge but ultimately trying to the get ball but let naismith off for stamping on brown last season is beyond me.

Ozyhibby
04-10-2018, 08:13 PM

Nobody is arguing that he shouldn’t attack the ball but he has done it in a way the has endangered another player. Both his feet are off the ground so he has no control when he takes out edoard. He has mistimed going for the ball and taken out a player. It’s a sending off.

H18 SFR
04-10-2018, 08:14 PM
100% a straight red for me and hopefully the first big call in getting these kind of things back on track but I won't hold my breath.

hibs#1
It's not exactly a stretch for that challenge to be cited,just the whole process is a farce,it's become a lottery.

Should scrap the current process and start A new,I don't have any particular ideas but should include ex players and be more transparent.

Hibee Mac
Unbelievable that Aberdeen have decided to publicly criticise the decision. How can anyone look at that and say not worth a red haha

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
04-10-2018, 08:15 PM
I find the retrospective thing a bit disturbing.

But I thought so when I saw the highlights, that's a shocking attempt at a tackle, I honestly don't know how anyone can defend it.

Kato
04-10-2018, 08:46 PM

In the old laws its a sending off too, jumping into a tackle. Always been a sending off.

superfurryhibby
04-10-2018, 10:18 PM

Aye right, maybe an acceptable tackle in the Maybury League c1975, but even then that kind of tackle would have probably got you a skelp in the pus for your trouble.

MWHIBBIES
04-10-2018, 10:23 PM
No sympathy for Aberdeen, bunch of thugs who should get more reds

Jonnyboy
04-10-2018, 10:29 PM

Agreed, but …. both feet off the ground? Red card for me and although I've never played professionally, I have kicked a ba' in my puff :wink:

lyonhibs
04-10-2018, 10:43 PM
Incredible mistake by the ref. Sweet Jesus, is it the time that if you possibly get a toe on the ball, it doesn't matter how high or late you are? If so, congratulations due to Hearts for a first League win since 1986.

Christ lads.....

jacomo
04-10-2018, 10:47 PM
Having seen some of the refereeing this season, you may well be . 😄

:hilarious

monktonharp
05-10-2018, 12:48 AM
Any thoughts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45750019just watched it. very very clumsy, whether he meant or not. straight red. Aberdeen are a "kicking" team and have been for the last 2 seasons. 2 Tuesdays ago at ER, think about it.:cb

blackpoolhibs
05-10-2018, 05:55 AM
This is the strange thing about football now, when i saw the incident on telly, i thought how did the ref miss it, i thought it was a clear penalty and a sending off.

What i didnt think was he would be cited, and offered a 2 game ban?

JimBHibees
05-10-2018, 06:10 AM
In the old laws its a sending off too, jumping into a tackle. Always been a sending off.

Totally agree shocking tackle. McKenna has always been a bit of a thug can remember him getting sent off while at Ayr in the cup at ER appalling tackle on SJM.

SideBurns
05-10-2018, 07:20 AM
Agreed, but …. both feet off the ground? Red card for me and although I've never played professionally, I have kicked a ba' in my puff :wink:

I never played anywhere near professional either, didnae mean you had to have been a pro. Mind you, maybe I should watch it again without the 'benefit' of a few pints 😂

JK Rolling
05-10-2018, 07:45 AM
Has anyone considered that maybe Edouard is a wee bit divey.

Ozyhibby
05-10-2018, 08:11 AM

He gets injured and has to be subbed off?

Carheenlea
05-10-2018, 08:23 AM
I was playing golf on Sunday morning with a Celtic fan who had been at the game and who was describing this incident that the referee ignored and player had to go off injured. I naturally assumed he was over egging it, but after watching for myself it looked just as bad as he had described.

Ozyhibby
05-10-2018, 10:14 AM

He gets injured and has to be subbed off?

Geo_1875
05-10-2018, 10:23 AM
Absolutely a red card. However, you just know that if it had been a The Rangers player nothing would have happened.