PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: NEW DATE FOR RANGERS MATCH CONFIRMED

RSS Bot
04-10-2018, 03:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9276)

HibeeHibernian4
04-10-2018, 03:14 PM
8 league games in 29 days for us now, absolute joke.

JimBHibees
04-10-2018, 03:19 PM

Shocking especially when there is a break right after. Very similar to last season the most congested schedule when crowds are traditionally a little lighter for Xmas.

Sat, 1st Dec Kilmarnock Ladbrokes Premiership 15:00 A
Wed, 5th Dec St Mirren Ladbrokes Premiership 19:45 H
Hamilton A Sat, 8th Dec Hamilton A Ladbrokes Premiership 15:00 A
Celtic Sat, 15th Dec Celtic Ladbrokes Premiership 15:00 H
Rangers Wed 19th Dec 7.45pm H
Livingston Sat, 22nd Dec Livingston Ladbrokes Premiership 15:00 H
Rangers Wed, 26th Dec Rangers Ladbrokes Premiership 15:00 A
Heart of Midlothian Sat, 29th Dec Heart of Midlothian Ladbrokes Premiership 17:30 H

3pm
Play them twice in a week.

PatHead
....................of which five of them are at home. Great for non-season ticket holders in the run up to Christmas.

Billy Whizz
04-10-2018, 03:24 PM

The Rangers will probably have more, they’ve an outstanding League match if they get to the Betfred Cup Final, and a Europa League match to add too in December

Lendo
04-10-2018, 03:24 PM
I assume they'll be getting the same ticket allocation as they did for the final game of last season.

Golden Bear
04-10-2018, 03:25 PM
Shocking especially when there is a break right after. Very similar to last season the most congested schedule when crowds are traditionally a little lighter for Xmas.

Sat, 1st Dec Kilmarnock Ladbrokes Premiership 15:00 A
Wed, 5th Dec St Mirren Ladbrokes Premiership 19:45 H
Hamilton A Sat, 8th Dec Hamilton A Ladbrokes Premiership 15:00 A
Celtic Sat, 15th Dec Celtic Ladbrokes Premiership 15:00 H
Rangers Wed 19th Dec 7.45pm H
Livingston Sat, 22nd Dec Livingston Ladbrokes Premiership 15:00 H
Rangers Wed, 26th Dec Rangers Ladbrokes Premiership 15:00 A
Heart of Midlothian Sat, 29th Dec Heart of Midlothian Ladbrokes Premiership 17:30 H

Another example of how the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Ryan69
04-10-2018, 03:26 PM
I assume they'll be getting the same ticket allocation as they did for the final game of last season.

We should be giving them absolute minimum we are required to give...Like they do to away fans at Castle Greyskull.

Billy Whizz
04-10-2018, 03:30 PM

Depends on how quick we can sell our home 3 stands 1st

Diclonius
04-10-2018, 03:33 PM
Celtic, then Rangers at home within 4 days (maybe 3 if Celtic gets moved to Sunday). Mental, but then again this happened last year.

HibeeHibernian4
04-10-2018, 03:33 PM
The Rangers will probably have more, they’ve an outstanding League match if they get to the Betfred Cup Final, and a Europa League match to add too in December

I’m not even really talking about it being a joke from a Hibs perspective, I’m thinking more for fans. 8 games in December and then two weeks free in January so Celtic can go and relax in Dubai? Disgraceful.

hibee_girl
04-10-2018, 03:34 PM
Celtic, then Rangers at home within 4 days (maybe 3 if Celtic gets moved to Sunday). Mental, but then again this happened last year.

The Celtic game is already on the Sunday as Celtic are in Europe on the Thursday night

HibeeHibernian4
04-10-2018, 03:45 PM
To sum up the farce that is the SPFL, let's take a look at every Saturday and midweek slot that exists between December - early February this season:

Saturday 1st December: league game
Wednesday 5th December: league game
Saturday 8th December: league game
Wednesday 12th December: no domestic football
Saturday 15th December: league game
Wednesday 19th December: league game
Saturday 22nd December: league game
Wednesday 26th December: league game
Saturday 29th December: league game
Tuesday 1st/Wednesday 2nd January: no domestic football*
Saturday 5th January: no domestic football
Wednesday 9th January: no domestic football
Saturday 12th January: no domestic football
Wednesday 16th January: no domestic football
Saturday 19th January: cup game
Wednesday 23rd January: league game
Saturday 26th January: league game
Wednesday 30th January: potential cup replay
Saturday 2nd February: league game
Wednesday 6th February: league game
Saturday 9th February: cup game

*New Years being historically one of the best attended days in Scottish football

So as you can see, we cram fixtures in midweek after midweek in December and late January/early February in order to allow fans to sit twiddling their thumbs for the first three weeks of January. The winter break is a total disaster and it needs to be scrapped.

SingaporeHibs
04-10-2018, 04:49 PM
We have been totally done over with this. Dec is going to be a huge month for us with so many big games on the bounce. We’ll need to get on with it and see how it pans out but I doubt it’s in our favour. Handed bad cards. The winter break is a joke given more recent history of weather patterns

Dancehibs
04-10-2018, 04:54 PM

I suspect they will get whole stand. Hope I am wrong. Hibs will encourage fans to sell their seats using online system if they aren’t going.

B.H.F.C
04-10-2018, 04:58 PM
We have been totally done over with this. Dec is going to be a huge month for us with so many big games on the bounce. We’ll need to get on with it and see how it pans out but I doubt it’s in our favour. Handed bad cards. The winter break is a joke given more recent history of weather patterns

It’s one extra game than was scheduled.

The Rangers have the Europa league the week before so they play even more games than us.

I agree the scheduling is all a bit mental for it to be followed by a three week break but I’d hardly say we’ve been done over.

we are hibs
04-10-2018, 05:04 PM
Personally happy with this. The Celtic game will be moved to Sunday 16th I believe as they are in Europe on the Thursday. Celtic rangers x2 and hearts in the space of 2 weeks. Give me that any day ahead of Dumbarton and Raith over the Christmas period like a few years ago

Billy Whizz
04-10-2018, 05:07 PM
Personally happy with this. The Celtic game will be moved to Sunday 16th I believe as they are in Europe on the Thursday. Celtic rangers x2 and hearts in the space of 2 weeks. Give me that any day ahead of Dumbarton and Raith over the Christmas period like a few years ago

Surprised the Celtic game hasn’t been moved already. Must be waiting on a TV slot for the Sunday

Keith_M
04-10-2018, 05:17 PM
Can't we move some of our December games to January?

hibee_girl
04-10-2018, 05:30 PM
Surprised the Celtic game hasn’t been moved already. Must be waiting on a TV slot for the Sunday

It’s automatically been moved on my iPhone calendar but like you say no confirmation yet. I’d be shocked if it’s not on tv

007 Mickey Weir
04-10-2018, 06:00 PM
Can't we move some of our December games to January?

No it’s an official winter break

StevieT
04-10-2018, 06:08 PM
It’s automatically been moved on my iPhone calendar but like you say no confirmation yet. I’d be shocked if it’s not on tv

Is this an app you use to populate your calendar?

BullsCloseHibs
04-10-2018, 06:09 PM
Quite fancy going through wi a drink in me tae wind them up. Its worked before!

hibee_girl
04-10-2018, 06:10 PM
Is this an app you use to populate your calendar?

It’s just the sky sports fixtures, they automatically change them when games are moved so it’s helpful!

https://www.skysports.com/hibernian-fixtures just click add to calendar

SMAXXA
04-10-2018, 06:47 PM
I suspect they will get whole stand. Hope I am wrong. Hibs will encourage fans to sell their seats using online system if they aren’t going.

They won’t

Smartie
04-10-2018, 06:54 PM
I think that looks like a cracking schedule.

We get a bit more time to bed our team in then when they are ready the games come quick and fast before getting a break for a few weeks.

If we got some positive results during that run (which I think we're more than capable of) then we could go into the break in an excellent position.

seanshow
04-10-2018, 08:30 PM
Typically the fans suffer again,
for example I'd arranged well in advance with work to be off that sat and sun in October because I knew the Rangers game would be on either day for tv... and now the game is in December
Well that will end any chance of going to that game for me.

WhileTheChief..
04-10-2018, 08:42 PM
I think that looks like a cracking schedule.

We get a bit more time to bed our team in then when they are ready the games come quick and fast before getting a break for a few weeks.

If we got some positive results during that run (which I think we're more than capable of) then we could go into the break in an excellent position.

Agreed, best part of the season.

Folk wanted a winter break for years as it was madness playing in January on a cold night etc etc..

Didn't do us too much harm after the break last season.

Aim Here
04-10-2018, 08:51 PM
We should be giving them absolute minimum we are required to give...Like they do to away fans at Castle Greyskull.

Nah. Give them the bog-standard half-a-stand. That way we have the moral high ground whenever Rangers moan, greet, bawl and find it beggars belief that we had the affrontery to turn down their blue pound, and they have no right to complain about it.

It doesn't mean they won't complain, but it means we have a bunch of ready and obvious answers when they do, and their heids-gone moments are all the more hilarious when you point out they're treated the same as every other team in the league. Last time round one genius was demanding that Rangers Football Club cut our allocation down to the same 1500 seats that we'd cut their allocation to!

danhibees1875
04-10-2018, 08:57 PM
Typically the fans suffer again,
for example I'd arranged well in advance with work to be off that sat and sun in October because I knew the Rangers game would be on either day for tv... and now the game is in December
Well that will end any chance of going to that game for me.

To be fair, this wasn't just a decision made for TV or anything similar with no thought about fans. They have a semi final to play in and it was always likely to get moved as a game that clashed with the league cup.

green day
04-10-2018, 08:58 PM
Means I miss another great game as I'm in New Zealand for a month. Not Hibs fault, but rescheduling from October to mid December is flipping ridiculous.

Lancs Harp
04-10-2018, 09:01 PM
Can understand the frustration but I guess Hibs didnt have a lot of options for an alternative date. Personally Ive got a chance of making the re-arranged game but couldnt make the original (on holiday)

Danderhall Hibs
04-10-2018, 09:16 PM
Can understand the frustration but I guess Hibs didnt have a lot of options for an alternative date. )

Currently no midweek matches scheduled in March when it’s generally a bit warmer

hibee_girl
04-10-2018, 09:50 PM
Currently no midweek matches scheduled in March when it’s generally a bit warmer

Apart from this years Beast from the East ☃️

Danderhall Hibs
04-10-2018, 09:52 PM
Apart from this years Beast from the East ☃️

It’s the beasts from the west we’re talking about.

brianmc
04-10-2018, 09:53 PM

Take a bow sir 🤣

hibee_girl
04-10-2018, 09:54 PM

:aok:

Phil MaGlass
05-10-2018, 07:05 AM
Just scrap the winter break. Move rescheduled games there and one or two Dec games

Stuart93
05-10-2018, 07:13 AM
We struggled a bit in December last season, think that's when squad depth is essential when we've got so many games in a short space of time. Hopefully everyone's fit when the time comes

Keith_M
05-10-2018, 01:21 PM
No it’s an official winter break

I know, but it would make a lot more sense to cut it short than force clubs to play 8, 9 or 10 games in a month.

hibbysam
05-10-2018, 01:28 PM

That’s because the cup is scheduled for then so you have he issue around postponements and replays, and I’m fairly sure there is an international break also which kills 2 weeks.

Godsahibby
05-10-2018, 01:45 PM
It was always likely they game would be played then I don't understand why people seem shocked. Scheduled for league cup semi weekend, likely that one of us would be in the semi so the game couldn't be played. Rangers In Europe so limited with when we can play midweek. We will want to get the game played sooner rather than later and that seems like the first available date to play.

The winter break is in there to give the players and pitches a break so we cant play then. If we moved it to later on in the year then there would be a risk of even more fixture congestion if other games had to be postponed.

Yes not good in the run up to Christmas with extra games but its not an additional game your shelling out for.

All these people not happy about 3 games in a week, how would you have reacted if we had managed to get into the Europa League!

LancashireHibby
05-10-2018, 03:52 PM
Hadn’t realised the Celtic game has been moved to the Sunday until reading this thread so I’ll be attending as long as the trains aren’t knackered that day (I tend to struggle to make Saturday games).

My other half had actually seen the new Rangers date before I did and had already decided we’re coming up for it. Dare it’s becsuse she wants to go to the Xmas Markets but who am I to argue, especially at £38.50 for return trains and Travelodge?!

HibeeHibernian4
05-10-2018, 04:30 PM
It was always likely they game would be played then I don't understand why people seem shocked. Scheduled for league cup semi weekend, likely that one of us would be in the semi so the game couldn't be played. Rangers In Europe so limited with when we can play midweek. We will want to get the game played sooner rather than later and that seems like the first available date to play.

The winter break is in there to give the players and pitches a break so we cant play then. If we moved it to later on in the year then there would be a risk of even more fixture congestion if other games had to be postponed.

But that reasoning is ridiculous, players and pitches wouldn't need a break if you didn't play 7 or 8 games in 29 days before the break, you could spread the 7 or 8 games over about 50 days instead.

ancient hibee
05-10-2018, 05:40 PM

Yes not good in the run up to Christmas with extra games but its not an additional game your shelling out for.

All these people not happy about 3 games in a week, how would you have reacted if we had managed to get into the Europa League!
It’s because of the number of games in December that they welcome the break in January. If there was no break it would be simple to spread the games over that period with more recovery time for players and fans wallets.