PDA

View Full Version : FAO Admins

theonlywayisup
03-10-2018, 06:19 PM
Just wondering what your view on merging threads.

At the moment we've three threads about the League Cup semi final and two threads about Steve Bruce. Recently we must have had three threads about the attendance for the Aberdeen game. We also have multiple threads about Porteous, Whittaker and anyone else who's a love/hate character. In the Other Sports forum, we had two Tiger Woods threads at the top of the page.

I struggle to understand why people need to start a new thread when there is already one a few threads below.

In the past such threads were merged but now there's little attempt to do so.

Well Admins what's your view? Is merging too much hassle hence the reason why you don't bother.

matty_f
03-10-2018, 06:25 PM
I suspect most of us just haven't had a chance to read through them all to merge them - believe it or not all of us admin pricks have day jobs as well. :greengrin

Usually one of the threads is more active than the other and out leaves one used thread and the other just drops down the forum.

Saturday Boy
03-10-2018, 06:30 PM
I suspect most of us just haven't had a chance to read through them all to merge them - believe it or not all of us admin pricks have day jobs as well. :greengrin

Usually one of the threads is more active than the other and out leaves one used thread and the other just drops down the forum.

What! You have day jobs as well? Where does my £10 pm fee go!!!

I wish I could do the red faced shaking fist smiley on my phone

😄

Jay
03-10-2018, 08:12 PM
Answered i think