PDA

View Full Version : Naismith On Sportsound

Itsnoteasy
03-10-2018, 06:12 PM
Jambo Naismith just on Sportsound talking about how he was disappointed at missing the spot kick against Livi.
He then states that you should be scoring from. And after hesitation, scoring from 15 yards.
Surely every fitbaw player knows the penalty spot is 12 yards.

Famous Fiver
03-10-2018, 06:17 PM
Or, in Stevie Mallan's case against Aberdeen, from nine yards.

weecounty hibby
03-10-2018, 07:32 PM
Surely not another jambo on BBC radio. It's like a ****ing hearts fanzine getting. When was the last time anyone with a Hibs connection was on? And I dont mean someone like Yogi who was on talking about all things football, I mean someone actually on to talk about Hibs

PatHead
03-10-2018, 07:41 PM
Surely not another jambo on BBC radio. It's like a ****ing hearts fanzine getting. When was the last time anyone with a Hibs connection was on? And I dont mean someone like Yogi who was on talking about all things football, I mean someone actually on to talk about Hibs

Tam McManus was on recently.

weecounty hibby
03-10-2018, 07:45 PM
Tam McManus was on recently.
Specifically about Hibs or as his role as a radio journalist? I actually dont listen often or to The sportsound programme often either but it seams recently every time i switch on there is a jambo on talking about them

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2018, 07:51 PM
Did anyone ask him where he found his legs?

bawheid
03-10-2018, 07:52 PM
Is Craig Paterson still on Sportsound? He was always a wee bit pro Hibs.

PatHead
03-10-2018, 07:57 PM
Specifically about Hibs or as his role as a radio journalist? I actually dont listen often or to The sportsound programme often either but it seams recently every time i switch on there is a jambo on talking about them

About him and his time at Hibs and the rest of his career.

Think it was after the Dundee game though it may have been Saturday. Only time I listen is on the way home from away matches.

CropleyWasGod
03-10-2018, 07:58 PM
Surely not another jambo on BBC radio. It's like a ****ing hearts fanzine getting. When was the last time anyone with a Hibs connection was on? And I dont mean someone like Yogi who was on talking about all things football, I mean someone actually on to talk about HibsThat would be Mickey Weir, on Saturday.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
03-10-2018, 08:00 PM
Jambo Naismith just on Sportsound talking about how he was disappointed at missing the spot kick against Livi.
He then states that you should be scoring from. And after hesitation, scoring from 15 yards.

I have no idea if this would cause him to do this or not but he’s pretty badly dyslexic I’m sure. Can dyslexia affect verbal communication or is it just written and can it affect numbers?

PatHead
03-10-2018, 08:04 PM
That would be Mickey Weir, on Saturday.

Knew there was someone on Saturday but couldn’t remember who. Must be an age thing. 😂

weecounty hibby
03-10-2018, 08:29 PM
That would be Mickey Weir, on Saturday.

Thanks, didnt hear it. As i said it just feels like every time I turn on, admittedly not often, that there is some random Jambo on

Frazerbob
03-10-2018, 08:33 PM
Tam is a regular on Open All Mics.

RoYO!
03-10-2018, 08:51 PM
Hibs have also had plenty of praise on sportsound.

Pretty consistently recently.

CropleyWasGod
03-10-2018, 08:55 PM
Thanks, didnt hear it. As i said it just feels like every time I turn on, admittedly not often, that there is some random Jambo onThe moral of the story is that you need to tell us when you are about to turn it on. The rest of us can then switch off, as it's bound to be a Jambo on. [emoji23]

weecounty hibby
03-10-2018, 08:57 PM
The moral of the story is that you need to tell us when you are about to turn it on. The rest of us can then switch off, as it's bound to be a Jambo on. [emoji23]

:aok:, the last thing you want is to hear what I hear!

Sammy7nil
03-10-2018, 09:24 PM
Is Craig Paterson still on Sportsound? He was always a wee bit pro Hibs.

He appears to have been dropped He has not been on this season. I know he refuses to do open all mics he says he can't shout and interupt like they expect pundits to do.

Glory Lurker
03-10-2018, 09:56 PM
I take it the majority of the football world, being mostly metric, doesn’t have a distance-based equivalent of 12 and 18 yards? These distances obviously don’t convert to a round metric measurement. What about the ref striding out the yards for the wall?

Turkish Green
03-10-2018, 10:09 PM
Really only Alan Preston. Mikey Stewart is more anti-Potter than pro-yams these days.

nonshinyfinish
03-10-2018, 10:21 PM
I take it the majority of the football world, being mostly metric, doesn’t have a distance-based equivalent of 12 and 18 yards? These distances obviously don’t convert to a round metric measurement. What about the ref striding out the yards for the wall?

In Germany a penalty is called an Elfmeter, meaning 11 metres.

12 yards is actually 10.97 metres, but that would be a bit of a mouthful.

AK86
03-10-2018, 10:23 PM
I really struggle to get offended by pundits.
Alan Preston for example , I would much rather he is open about his jamboish than try and hide it
You give it , you take it , all days, every day . What's the difference on the radio? It's all pretty light heated.

JK Rolling
03-10-2018, 11:04 PM
I really struggle to get offended by pundits.
Alan Preston for example , I would much rather he is open about his jamboish than try and hide it
You give it , you take it , all days, every day . What's the difference on the radio? It's all pretty light heated.

Spot on, with one exception, Pat Bonner. Willie Miller used to be bad in the way he always stuck up for the Dons but Packie has glasses so green tinted that he can't see anything other than Celtic. He rarely gives credit to their opposition, choosing instead to talk about where Celtic could improve etc. Mind numbing.

Steve20
04-10-2018, 04:55 AM
I know he’s an Aberdeen fan but Richard Gordon appears to have a soft spot for Hearts and a dislike for us.

California-Hibs
04-10-2018, 04:59 AM
Sportsound is decent. They talk Hibs up well.

SirDavidsNapper
04-10-2018, 05:40 AM
I know he’s an Aberdeen fan but Richard Gordon appears to have a soft spot for Hearts and a dislike for us.

He's stated in the past he has a soft spot for Hearts. Maybe being petty but he always calls us Hibernian and never Hibs. Don't know many people that only use our Christian name, actually don't know anyone other than Gordon.

Smartie
04-10-2018, 07:00 AM
I've always liked sportsound although I listen to it less than ever.

Once you accept Preston as a pantomime Hearts baddie he becomes a lot more tolerable.

I honestly can't believe adults listen to it and think there is any sort of agenda against us. They're fair and that means that of late they've been more positive than negative about us. Michael Stewart in particular (bizarrely) I find to be surprisingly fond of us.

Danderhall Hibs
04-10-2018, 07:30 AM

Tell you what they don’t know - the difference between “factions” and “fractions” in a dressing room.

broondog
04-10-2018, 08:06 AM
stevie naysmith is a thick wee rodent. dont know why he is given a platform to speak from

oneone73
04-10-2018, 08:15 AM
stevie naysmith is a thick wee rodent. dont know why he is given a platform to speak from

He's certainly not thick. And his well documented charity work is not conduct you'd normally associate with rodents. I prefer to leave the rodent/vermin nonsense to our hard of thinking neighbours.

SquashedFrogg
04-10-2018, 08:27 AM
He's certainly not thick. And his well documented charity work is not conduct you'd normally associate with rodents. I prefer to leave the rodent/vermin nonsense to our hard of thinking neighbours.

Plenty of footballers are involved in charity work. Many of whom are not very bright. Some even display features and characteristics similar to rodents.

SN falls into this category.

Smartie
04-10-2018, 09:28 AM
Naismith is occasionally a bell end on the football pitch, but he's a decent sort off it and he's been a good player for Scotland.

He doesn't even get near my list of most-hated jambos.

vuefrom1875
04-10-2018, 11:44 AM

Third rate amateurish drivel.

HibbyAndy
04-10-2018, 11:55 AM
He's a nasty little dirty **** !

heretoday
04-10-2018, 12:20 PM

To read some of the invective you'd think they'd already infiltrated these boards. That's the kind of talk the nazis used in the 30s.

WhileTheChief..
04-10-2018, 12:30 PM

Compared to what?

worcesterhibby
04-10-2018, 01:25 PM
Plenty of footballers are involved in charity work. Many of whom are not very bright. Some even display features and characteristics similar to rodents.

SN falls into this category.

My guinea pig is becoming increasingly upset at all this Rodent bashing. He's called Mixu by the way.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKUr75sElcevrz4Io6Dkxk5w1mfqqFK llUo1Z6kriE6vx7dvzR_g

BullsCloseHibs
04-10-2018, 06:07 PM
Naismith is a twurp. And he's still not good enough for a mid table championship team. Fact.

greenlex
04-10-2018, 07:33 PM

Im sure their opinion of us is a tad higher than that.

Bay Area Hibees
04-10-2018, 07:42 PM
My guinea pig is becoming increasingly upset at all this Rodent bashing. He's called Mixu by the way.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKUr75sElcevrz4Io6Dkxk5w1mfqqFK llUo1Z6kriE6vx7dvzR_g

Thank you

AK86
04-10-2018, 08:01 PM
Compared to what?
First and second rate drivel I would assume :rolleyes:

WoreTheGreen
04-10-2018, 08:05 PM

Is it snowing in yir hoose

SquashedFrogg
04-10-2018, 08:58 PM

Wee cracker! 😀

Although it's legs are gone I'm afraid

AltheHibby
05-10-2018, 01:06 PM
I have no idea if this would cause him to do this or not but he’s pretty badly dyslexic I’m sure. Can dyslexia affect verbal communication or is it just written and can it affect numbers?

It's discalcula with numbers. My son is dyslexic and has no issues with numbers.

Keith_M
05-10-2018, 01:26 PM
Wee cracker! 😀

Although it's legs are gone I'm afraid

So you don't think he could do a job for us?

Although he looks more like a a GERbil...

:duck:

southsider
06-10-2018, 09:21 AM
Micky Weir was on with Tam Cowan last Sat evening.

Salisbury Hibby
06-10-2018, 10:44 AM
Or, in Stevie Mallan's case against Aberdeen, from nine yards.That was ridiculous. I know I'm partisan but that unfairly gave Aberdeen a significant advantage.

Hope they win absolutely bugger all.