PDA

View Full Version : NHC Simon Murray

WestEndHibee
03-10-2018, 10:44 AM
Good to see him score 2 tonight to send Wits top of the league shocking penalty mind...

I always find it refreshing to see Scots players heading abroad. Brace decision but hope it works out for him, he always had the passion for Hibs.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A9s0-s7h7JQ

theonlywayisup
03-10-2018, 11:03 AM
Really pleased to see him doing well. He took the second goal really well and could have had a third.

As for the penalty, the waft of wind must have been enough for Murray to go down.

WestStandWillie
03-10-2018, 11:29 AM
That league is full of huddies - found his level :dunno:

Shocking dive though.

offshorehibby
03-10-2018, 11:31 AM

Shocking dive though.

There always has to be someone putting the boot in for no reason.

PatHead
03-10-2018, 11:33 AM

There is,but it makes a pleasant change for it not to be Hibs they are kicking.

essexhibee
03-10-2018, 11:46 AM
Whilst its good to see Scots go abroad I did think SA was a strange move. I can't imagine the quality is good at all. He had offers in Scotland still I'm sure?

Was it a case of good financial move for him ala McGinn (dons one) going to Korea? I wouldnt have thought the money was much in SA.

CapitalGreen
03-10-2018, 12:04 PM

That poster has form, bit of a roaster.

Stokesy's on fire
03-10-2018, 12:08 PM
The Villa board must act now and Neep this in the bud.

CropleyWasGod
03-10-2018, 12:09 PM

Wrong thread, tumshie.

My_Wife_Camille
03-10-2018, 12:11 PM
That poster has form, bit of a roaster.
Yep. Total fud

BILLYHIBS
03-10-2018, 12:17 PM
This post has turnedup in the wrong thread 😱

Stuart93
03-10-2018, 01:07 PM
Wasn't too fussed when he left but could've been a handy asset for us from the bench, hindsight huh

Baader
03-10-2018, 01:40 PM

Shocking dive though.
Always refreshing to see guys who've done nothing more than contribute to the Hibernian cause - in Murray's case pretty well given his goals tally - get slated on here.

There's enough anti Hibs people around but let's just save the stick for our own eh?

cabbageandribs1875
03-10-2018, 02:56 PM
well done simon, hope he ends up getting hero-worshipped :thumbsup:

BishopstonHibby
03-10-2018, 03:21 PM
Whilst its good to see Scots go abroad I did think SA was a strange move. I can't imagine the quality is good at all.

My uncle lives over there and I went to a game with him last October. I thought the players looked very good technically throughout both teams but it was a different style of football to our league so perhaps difficult to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-10-2018, 03:24 PM
Wasn't too fussed when he left but could've been a handy asset for us from the bench, hindsight huh

Strange twist of fate right enough. Arguably, he would/ could be starting just until McLaren sees out his injury.

Halifaxhibby
03-10-2018, 03:25 PM
Scored against the puddle drinkers...good enough for me. Good luck to the lad.

GGTTH
FTHMFC

essexhibee
03-10-2018, 03:33 PM
My uncle lives over there and I went to a game with him last October. I thought the players looked very good technically throughout both teams but it was a different style of football to our league so perhaps difficult to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough. I have never watched myself. He wasn't good enough for where we want to be but did as well as he could and tried hard for the club. He also scored a derby goal which won us the match. Hope he goes on to do well for himself.

eastmainsmsh
03-10-2018, 03:35 PM
Loss of form after a great start honestly think he is a cracking player good luck GGM

Pagan Hibernia
03-10-2018, 03:40 PM
Superbly taken winner in the Derby this time last year.

14 goals in 29 appearances.

Deserves respect.

DH1875
03-10-2018, 03:59 PM
Strange twist of fate right enough. Arguably, he would/ could be starting just until McLaren sees out his injury.

Would definitely have had a lot a game time if he was still here :agree:

Forza Fred
04-10-2018, 03:06 AM
Wish him and the vast majority of outgoing players nothing but the best when they leave Hibs.

All we can ever ask of them when they are here is to do their best.....and that’s exactly what Simon did.

Smartie
04-10-2018, 07:10 AM
Would definitely have had a lot a game time if he was still here :agree:

I think we could do with him still being here.

He'd lost his form and confidence a bit, but he'd shown us what he was capable of.

we are hibs
04-10-2018, 07:21 AM
Wasn't good enough for hibs. Good move for both him leaving in the summer.

McSwanky
04-10-2018, 10:58 AM
That referee's outfit. :shocked:

Stuart93
04-10-2018, 12:57 PM

Not sure about anyone else but I'd say Murray would've been a better option than shaw to bring off the bench

1van Sprou7e
04-10-2018, 01:02 PM
That referee's outfit. :shocked:

Would make a decent 3rd kit for us

supermcginn
04-10-2018, 01:17 PM
Not sure about anyone else but I'd say Murray would've been a better option than shaw to bring off the bench

Totally agree.

Allant1981
04-10-2018, 02:12 PM

a goal ever 2 or 3 games suggests he was good enough to be in the squad, he obviously wanted to start each week

EH54
04-10-2018, 02:26 PM
He wasn't bad for us just missed too many chances..he looks good in the highlights though, wish him well, would have liked to see him stay tbh as a back up.

Lago
04-10-2018, 02:36 PM
Never understood the level of dislike directed at Murray from some supporters of the team he played for. Never stopped trying & scored some important goals for Hibs. Wish him well.

Barman Stanton
04-10-2018, 04:29 PM
Never understood the level of dislike directed at Murray from some supporters of the team he played for. Never stopped trying & scored some important goals for Hibs. Wish him well.

Some people seem to need a player to boo at and criticise. Whittaker seems to be the current victim but there will always be one.

SquashedFrogg
04-10-2018, 09:14 PM
Some people seem to need a player to boo at and criticise. Whittaker seems to be the current victim but there will always be one.

Agree. I think it's more often a reflection of peoples personal lives rather than what they see on the pitch. I see people angry before the game kicks off.

poolman
04-10-2018, 10:09 PM

Absolutely, didn't do much wrong but think Lenny thought he just didn't have enough

Great Derby goal ☺

My_Wife_Camille
04-10-2018, 10:20 PM
Murray is a pretty limited player who is miles away from the type of quality that a top 4 team requires.

Yes, he was generally quite a likeable character due to his energy and enthusiasm but overall he was never actually that good and Maclaren and Kamberi are both massive upgrades.

On the face of it his goal scoring record looks great but it doesn’t take much to see that it’s warped somewhat by the quality of opposition that the majority came against. Always felt he was quite fortunate in the sense that he signed at a time where our usual pre-season games against lower league opposition came in the form of competitive matches rather than friendlies which meant his goals against the likes of Montrose and Alloa were added to his official tally when they usually wouldn’t be.

Think he’ll do well in South Africa, one of the few few footballing nations that is more of a shambles than Scotland. All the best to him

heretoday
05-10-2018, 08:05 AM

It's true. A lot of people seem to enjoy having a whipping boy. Footballers fulfil that need perfectly.