PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: AGYEPONG SELECTED FOR GHANA SQUAD

RSS Bot
01-10-2018, 11:20 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9267)

cabbageandribs1875
01-10-2018, 11:32 AM
well done Tam

Future17
01-10-2018, 01:40 PM
Congratulations Tam. Also congratulations to Hibs.net's own Jonnyboy for his call-up. Great achievement.

I wonder why "Hibernian" is the only foreign club not to be followed by a country in the squad list. :dunno:

jst1875
01-10-2018, 03:11 PM
Congratulations Tam. Also congratulations to Hibs.net's own Jonnyboy for his call-up. Great achievement.

I wonder why "Hibernian" is the only foreign club not to be followed by a country in the squad list. :dunno:

no need to quote the country, everyone knows where we are from :-).
either that or the Ghanians don't :-(

hfc rd
01-10-2018, 09:05 PM
If Ghana qualify, I presume we will lose Agyepong in January for a month? That’s obviously if he gets selected.

Sir David Gray
01-10-2018, 09:10 PM
If Ghana qualify, I presume we will lose Agyepong in January for a month? That’s obviously if he gets selected.

The African Cup of Nations is next summer so we won't lose him.

hfc rd
01-10-2018, 09:14 PM

Ahh right didn’t know it had changed as it usually used to be contested in January. Who knows if he will still be here by then? Overall though, he’s been fantastic!

Sir David Gray
01-10-2018, 09:21 PM
Ahh right didn’t know it had changed as it usually used to be contested in January. Who knows if he will still be here by then? Overall though, he’s been fantastic!

Their qualifiers are all on European international weekends so we won't lose him for any matches and the main tournament's in the summer so we'll be fine.

You're right it used to be held in the early part of the year, they must have moved it to fit in with the European calendar.

Borderhibbie76
01-10-2018, 10:33 PM
Their qualifiers are all on European international weekends so we won't lose him for any matches and the main tournament's in the summer so we'll be fine.

You're right it used to be held in the early part of the year, they must have moved it to fit in with the European calendar.It's the Asia Cup with Australia that could be an issue for us in Jan i think - though of Boyle was to get called up for Oz alongside the Mac and Milligan I'd guess we can request postponement??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
01-10-2018, 10:42 PM
It's the Asia Cup with Australia that could be an issue for us in Jan i think - though of Boyle was to get called up for Oz alongside the Mac and Milligan I'd guess we can request postponement??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah it would be although our winter break covers about half of the Asian Cup. I believe if we have three players out then we can request a postponement.

Haymaker
02-10-2018, 03:23 AM

Is it? I thought it was January time. Has it changed recently?

EDIT: it has been changed.

Carheenlea
02-10-2018, 08:50 AM
Well done Thomas on making the squad.
Another example of Hibs being a great club for young players from bigger clubs to come on loan to. Has worked well for player and both clubs quite regularly in recent years, and will stand us in good stead for continuing to secure high quality loan deals in the future, with clubs observing that Hibs can be the ideal place to get game time and continue to improve.