PDA

View Full Version : October

Northernhibee
01-10-2018, 09:13 AM
We have Hamilton, Celtic and the derby. They have Rangers, Aberdeen and us in the league.

If we can see off Celtic and Hamilton then the derby takes on a very positive motivation for us as Hearts have very difficult ties ahead.

B.H.F.C
01-10-2018, 09:25 AM
Hamilton absolutely has to be 3 points.

The other games will be difficult. Celtic are more than beatable but are also more than capable of raising their game, especially at Parkhead.

Given how poor our record is at Tynecastle I’m not overly optimistic. Lennon could be doing with a result - I think we’ve been poor in his 4 games there.

Sir David Gray
01-10-2018, 09:27 AM
I just want to see us turn up at Tynecastle for a change. For too long we have been poor there and just haven't turned up despite performances and results leading up to these games suggesting we will do well.

It's the one thing Lennon hasn't managed to sort out yet.

cleanyman
01-10-2018, 09:28 AM
Acid test for me.

Games against Celtic, Hearts and Rangers are our big games.

I'm hoping we do well.

makaveli1875
01-10-2018, 09:55 AM
1 game at a time . Hamilton is all that matters . Theyre ***** but it will a tough game

Billy Whizz
01-10-2018, 10:05 AM
Due to the game against Rangers being postponed, looks like we have 1 home game in October, 2 at home in November, and possibly 5 in December, if the Rangers is rearranged for that month

Add to that none in January at home in the league?????

Souter96Mac
01-10-2018, 10:07 AM
A real testing month. Hamilton the first test, the type of side that caused us a few problems last year, and with a good chance of either cutting/extending our lead on Hearts/Rangers depending on their result.

hibs#1
01-10-2018, 10:13 AM
3 points against Hamilton 1st is the biggest game so far.no point in looking to far ahead just now.

Diclonius
01-10-2018, 10:15 AM
It's entirely possible that a win in the derby could see us moving to the top of the league.

The Leith Dutch
01-10-2018, 11:25 AM
Hamilton absolutely has to be 3 points.

The other games will be difficult. Celtic are more than beatable but are also more than capable of raising their game, especially at Parkhead.

Given how poor our record is at Tynecastle I’m not overly optimistic. Lennon could be doing with a result - I think we’ve been poor in his 4 games there.

Hoping Milligan is influential in the Derby.
Kind of player that makes a difference.

Mallan's ability at free kicks and to shoot from range is another in our favour.

SteveHFC
01-10-2018, 11:29 AM
Milligan and Bartley both have to start in the derby later this month.

Diclonius
01-10-2018, 01:22 PM
Milligan and Bartley both have to start in the derby later this month.

Two DMs in the centre of the park has the potential to backfire. We'd rely entirely on the wingers for creativity (unless we tried a 3-5-2 I suppose).

Hermit Crab
01-10-2018, 01:41 PM
We have Hamilton, Celtic and the derby. They have Rangers, Aberdeen and us in the league.

If we can see off Celtic and Hamilton then the derby takes on a very positive motivation for us as Hearts have very difficult ties ahead.

Not disagreeing but going to Parkhead and getting a result is a big ask, be more than happy to take a draw now. :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
01-10-2018, 02:22 PM
Not disagreeing but going to Parkhead and getting a result is a big ask, be more than happy to take a draw now. :greengrinYeah I agree...Celtic are not the force of last season but they r still strong at Darkheid

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hibbydog
01-10-2018, 08:53 PM
4 points would be a solid return from these 3 games. Anything less would be poor. Anything more would be impressive.

Win against Hamilton, probs get beat at Parkhead then a point against that lot. I want more, but I supppse I’d take that.

Leith Green
01-10-2018, 09:22 PM
Two DMs in the centre of the park has the potential to backfire. We'd rely entirely on the wingers for creativity (unless we tried a 3-5-2 I suppose).

I think we will go with a 4-2-3-1 formation in the derby. Horgan , boyle and mallan behind kamberi , milligan and bartley in front of the back 4

jacomo
01-10-2018, 11:03 PM
I think we will go with a 4-2-3-1 formation in the derby. Horgan , boyle and mallan behind kamberi , milligan and bartley in front of the back 4

I like it. Solid as f quartet at the back. We know SDG and Lewis will always put in a shift on both flanks. 4 upfront to cause them problems.

B.H.F.C
01-10-2018, 11:17 PM

Wouldn’t be against seeing something along those lines when we go there. Or at Parkhead for that matter.

Tarrahib
03-10-2018, 09:23 PM
now that the game against Rangers has been cancelled on 28/10/2018 why not move the game forward against Dundee to that date.The Dundee game is due to be played on 24/11/2018 but will probably be cancelled due to Scottish Cup weekend.

Sir David Gray
03-10-2018, 09:32 PM
now that the game against Rangers has been cancelled on 28/10/2018 why not move the game forward against Dundee to that date.The Dundee game is due to be played on 24/11/2018 but will probably be cancelled due to Scottish Cup weekend.

The Premiership clubs don't come into the Scottish Cup at that round so there will be no need to postpone that fixture.

Our first Scottish Cup tie will be in January.

Tarrahib
03-10-2018, 09:40 PM
s.d.g. Thanks for putting me right. I was just looking for a way to use the hotel room I had booked for the Rangers game .

1van Sprou7e
04-10-2018, 09:52 AM

Think that could work but imo Lennon won't play Bartley and Milligan together

Think slivka may come in unless Maclaren is fit in which case we could potentially play 2 in midfield

RoxburghHibs
04-10-2018, 09:59 AM
Not disagreeing but going to Parkhead and getting a result is a big ask, be more than happy to take a draw now. :greengrin

Yeah a draw away to that mob would be a very good result regardless of their slow start to the season.

Not In The Know
04-10-2018, 10:20 AM
I just want to see us turn up at Tynecastle for a change. For too long we have been poor there and just haven't turned up despite performances and results leading up to these games suggesting we will do well.

Lennon needs to be less stubborn. He goes there and wants to play the way he wants. But you cant do that on that pitch. Its too narrow. Last time we had Whittaker playing centre holding role and that's how we were overrun. Wingers never got into the game and the pitch was terrible.

At least they have fixed the surface that will suit us. Its still narrow tho.

essexhibee
04-10-2018, 10:56 AM

Makes the game where Shaws ghost goal occured all the more annoying because im sure we would have gone on and won that game. Really frustrating. We battered them again that night.

hibsbollah
04-10-2018, 11:35 AM
1 game at a time . Hamilton is all that matters . Theyre ***** but it will a tough game

I picked up my tickets earlier and I was just thinking this game could be a potential banana skin. They've just been beaten by the worst team in the league Dundee, we're on form, second in the league and at home. Canning will have tried to fire them up. There must be no complacency because the teams behind and around us will be dropping points soon because they're all playing each other.