PDA

View Full Version : Goal Difference

Famous Fiver
30-09-2018, 06:33 PM
Something getting on my threepenny bits.

BBC and various other media outlets, on line, TV and radio now reporting that Livingston are equal second in the Premier League.

As far as I can see we have a Goal Difference of 7 against their 3. That in my mind makes us second, and Livingston third. Does Goal Difference not count any more?

Been doing my head in all afternoon.

Joe6-2
30-09-2018, 06:36 PM
Ask the hertz about goal difference?
😉

where'stheslope
30-09-2018, 06:41 PM

BBC and various other media outlets, on line, TV and radio now reporting that Livingston are equal second in the Premier League.

As far as I can see we have a Goal Difference of 7 against their 3. That in my mind makes us second, and Livingston third. Does Goal Difference not count any more?

All you need to do is look at the League table, were 2nd and Livvie 3rd!!!!

Frank Moon
30-09-2018, 06:43 PM

As far as I can see we have a Goal Difference of 7 against their 3. That in my mind makes us second, and Livingston third. Does Goal Difference not count any more

Thought exactly the same. Last week it was all about Rangers going second and no mention of us or Livi being second equal. This week it’s all different! Pathetic!

1van Sprou7e
30-09-2018, 08:06 PM
Meh who cares, let them enjoy their moment

Radium
30-09-2018, 08:27 PM
[emoji6]

or goal average [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
30-09-2018, 08:50 PM
Yup. They’re not joint second, they’re third. The only time you’d be joint anything would be if you had the exact same points, GD and goals scored.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2018, 08:55 PM
It's not that important but it's annoying me as well. Livingston aren't joint 2nd, they are 3rd. Hearts weren't joint 1st in 1986, they were 2nd. Goal difference exists to decide league placings so reporting Livingston are joint 2nd is just incorrect.

where'stheslope
01-10-2018, 09:02 AM
It's not that important but it's annoying me as well. Livingston aren't joint 2nd, they are 3rd. Hearts weren't joint 1st in 1986, they were 2nd. Goal difference exists to decide league placings so reporting Livingston are joint 2nd is just incorrect.
It seems the media have already started their underhand tactics, getting under everyones skin and taking the pressure of their real darlings!!!!

Wilson
01-10-2018, 09:09 AM
They are joint second. Points is all that matters at this stage because nothing is being decided.

Why worry about goal difference or having a play-off game of tiddlywinks? It'll all change again next week anyway.

Pedants. That's what you all are.

basehibby
01-10-2018, 09:21 AM

The BBC are perennial fuds, but continue to be the foremost online reporter of Scottish Football. For this reason it's good to develop an irritation filter to prevent yourself from being in a constant and permanent state of annoyance which would be bad for your health.

Killiehibbie
01-10-2018, 09:32 AM
😉Are they the only team in the world to finish runners up on goal average then difference?

hibbyfraelibby
01-10-2018, 04:12 PM
😉

On average they lost the league when difference would have given them it and so it wass changed to difference and it made no difference they lost the league when average would have given them it.

SonOfDavidFrancey
01-10-2018, 04:25 PM
The story is that Livvie are equal on points. I for one don’t begrudge them that given that they have taken points off of my two most hated teams in recent weeks.

lapsedhibee
01-10-2018, 05:14 PM

Give the BBC a break. They're currently flat out investigating who threw the coin that split the lino's head on Saturday. So far they've confirmed that it came from 'the Rangers section', but not yet (I don't think) ventured that it was definitely a Rangers fan who threw it. Livi fan sneaked in to the Rangers section for the singsongs maybe, or pesky Chelsea fan out to cause trouble again?

Mibbes Aye
01-10-2018, 05:58 PM
Give the BBC a break. They're currently flat out investigating who threw the coin that split the lino's head on Saturday. So far they've confirmed that it came from 'the Rangers section', but not yet (I don't think) ventured that it was definitely a Rangers fan who threw it. Livi fan sneaked in to the Rangers section for the singsongs maybe, or pesky Chelsea fan out to cause trouble again?

I wouldn't be surprised if there had been severe goading involved. Lino had probably been provoking them, maybe even crossed the halfway line.

cabbageandribs1875
01-10-2018, 11:36 PM
Are they the only team in the world to finish runners up on goal average then difference?

i hope so

Hi Heid Yin
01-10-2018, 11:52 PM
Are they the only team in the world to finish runners up on goal average then difference?

I think this just might indeed be a unique and unwanted record.

To think they've got the nerve to refer to us as "Hibsing-It" when the two biggest crashes of bottle were by them in 1965 and 1986: 2 league championships both lost on the very last day by 2 goal margins.

Man Down Under
02-10-2018, 02:07 AM
Meh, if we were below on goal difference I would say we were joint second haha

Sent from my SM-J330G using Tapatalk