PDA

View Full Version : Rangers fans at it yet again

BullsCloseHibs
30-09-2018, 01:50 PM
Linesman hit by object from the crowd and appears to have drawn blood.
Not what anybody wants to see. The assistant referee is going to need a bit of treatment after being hit on the head by something thrown from the crowd. The official is at least able to smile about it but there is blood on the back of his head, it looked like an object was thrown by the Rangers fans behind him.

Likely won't even get reported by the officials. Utter shcum

jst1875
30-09-2018, 01:56 PM
livvy will receive a fine, the linesman will get demoted to the juniors for not ducking and the the rangers fans will be applauded for showing great restraint for not throwing any more

BullsCloseHibs
30-09-2018, 01:59 PM
livvy will receive a fine, the linesman will get demoted to the juniors for not ducking and the the rangers fans will be applauded for showing great restraint for not throwing any more

Aye, it's just 'banter'.

Carheenlea
30-09-2018, 02:01 PM
:

:hilarious

Chic Murray
30-09-2018, 02:03 PM
Given the provocation, their restraint has to be applauded.

Carheenlea
30-09-2018, 02:06 PM
Let’s all just laugh it off.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2ib00zt.jpg

SouthMoroccoStu
30-09-2018, 02:13 PM
Nothing to see here, move along move along

givescotlandfreedom
30-09-2018, 02:20 PM
Very class that the sevco fans sang "**** the SFA" when he was being treated.

30-09-2018, 02:26 PM
Loathsome ****

BullsCloseHibs
30-09-2018, 02:38 PM
Think Stevie G's honeymoon is well and truly over. Welcome to Scotland son!

Billy Whizz
30-09-2018, 02:53 PM
Think Stevie G's honeymoon is well and truly over. Welcome to Scotland son!

Haven’t won away from home since February the commentator said!

One Day
30-09-2018, 02:56 PM
:

:hilarious

Don't laugh, that's the likely outcome

Hibernia&Alba
30-09-2018, 03:01 PM
Didn't see the game. Surprising result, though unsurprising behaviour from the Rangers support.

Bostonhibby
30-09-2018, 03:04 PM
Beasts.

Expect absolutely no criticism of the beasts in the meejah and sevco to "walk away" unscathed.

Steve Gee revolution edging towards revulsion.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

HiBremian
30-09-2018, 03:10 PM
Beasts.

Expect absolutely no criticism of the beasts in the meejah and sevco to "walk away" unscathed.

Here's the BBC line:

We have a delay in proceedings as one of the assistant referee's requires treatment for a head wound. Difficult to say or see what happened, or whether he was struck by something, but he's now smiling and we're back under way.

:bitchy:

Bostonhibby
30-09-2018, 03:13 PM
Here's the BBC line:

We have a delay in proceedings as one of the assistant referee's requires treatment for a head wound. Difficult to say or see what happened, or whether he was struck by something, but he's now smiling and we're back under way.

:bitchy:So long as the victim can muster a smile that's good enough for the BBC by the sounds of things when Sevco's beasts are involved.

neil7908
30-09-2018, 03:19 PM
Here's the BBC line:

Embarrassing. One of the key reasons I don't have a TV licence any more.

Fife-Hibee
30-09-2018, 03:19 PM
Here's the BBC line:

We all just imagined the blood. :agree:

Somebody posted a video up on twitter of the idiot who threw the projectile. Daily Record asking for permission to use the footage. Will be interesting to see how they use this in The Rangers favour. :rolleyes:

Iggy Pope
30-09-2018, 03:21 PM
Let’s all just laugh it off.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2ib00zt.jpg

Assuming the Lino is ok, then there is no real need for anyone in the photo to do anything other than smile. I think it's quite a pleasant picture given the circumstances.
Thomson getting it into his report and use of the subsequent media footage to find the culprit is another matter.

BullsCloseHibs
30-09-2018, 03:24 PM
Beasts.

There isn't even a pub close enough for the Huns to tear up 😊

HiBremian
30-09-2018, 03:24 PM
Embarrassing. One of the key reasons I don't have a TV licence any more.

So is the apostrophe in "referee's". Clearly, BBC training ain't what it used to be.

SouthMoroccoStu
30-09-2018, 03:30 PM
Here's the BBC line:

Typical BBC but if that was the live match update they might have wanted to be cautious

Will be interesting to see how they handle the incident on Sportscene tonight

HiBremian
30-09-2018, 03:31 PM
Typical BBC but if that was the live match update they might have wanted to be cautious

Will be interesting to see how they handle the incident on Sportscene tonight

True.

Famous Fiver
30-09-2018, 03:33 PM
Waiting with bated breath for Jumbo Jim's outraged statement.

I fear I may have to wait a while.

Chic Murray
30-09-2018, 03:44 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/linesman-livingston-vs-rangers-clash-13336171

Pay no attention sir, just some high spirited youths.

trev the hat
30-09-2018, 03:46 PM
Hun’s are gonna hun !!

green&left
30-09-2018, 03:47 PM
Linesman hit by object from the crowd and appears to have drawn blood.
Not what anybody wants to see. The assistant referee is going to need a bit of treatment after being hit on the head by something thrown from the crowd. The official is at least able to smile about it but there is blood on the back of his head, it looked like an object was thrown by the Rangers fans behind him.

Likely won't even get reported by the officials. Utter shcum

These chelsea fans are sure getting around this season. Wigan, Maribor now Livi.

hfc rd
30-09-2018, 03:50 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/linesman-livingston-vs-rangers-clash-13336171

Disgusting. Hope that wee prick is named and shamed. Banned from all grounds. Hun b******

Billy Whizz
30-09-2018, 03:51 PM
Disgusting. Hope that wee prick is named and shamed. Banned from all grounds. Hun b******

You’d hope the fans around him will have pointed him out, of his seat number

SouthMoroccoStu
30-09-2018, 03:52 PM

They go all round the houses to avoid saying it was a rangers fan don’t they

Jack Hackett
30-09-2018, 03:55 PM
I've no doubt Police Scotland will spend hundreds of thousands of man hours analysing that vid in the interest of justice

SouthMoroccoStu
30-09-2018, 03:57 PM

Lol good one Billy

More likey “Great shot my brother of orange, he’s another coin to hit That fenian again, no surrenderrrrrrr”

The Green Goblin
30-09-2018, 04:05 PM
It will go to a tribunal and the hun fan will get away with it.

ancient hibee
30-09-2018, 04:10 PM
Clearly Livi will be fined by the SFA for failing to control supporters.

BS44
30-09-2018, 04:12 PM

Wasn't it allocated seating with us the other week through there? Think the person who threw the object will shortly be getting the early morning knock from the police

Billy Whizz
30-09-2018, 04:15 PM
Lol good one Billy

More likey “Great shot my brother of orange, he’s another coin to hit That fenian again, no surrenderrrrrrr”

Funny had a brave look at Follow follow, almost to a person they’ve condemned his behaviour, and want him knicked

https://twitter.com/DalrympleDemon/status/1046401596479799296/video/1

AZhibee
30-09-2018, 04:17 PM
In all fairness, the linesman had a a stick-like weapon in his hand, orcs felt threatened.

SouthMoroccoStu
30-09-2018, 04:18 PM
Funny had a brave look at Follow follow, almost to a person they’ve condemned his behaviour, and want him knicked

https://twitter.com/DalrympleDemon/status/1046401596479799296/video/1

Well shut my mouth! Wonders never cease

Bostonhibby
30-09-2018, 04:18 PM
I've no doubt Police Scotland will spend hundreds of thousands of man hours analysing that vid in the interest of justicePiece of cake. They just need to put the one picture up on their website and ask the rest of the country to grass him up.

It's not as if they're having to track down thousands of exuberant hibbies here.

Plod Glasgow, forever failing to find the elephant in the phone box.

BILLYHIBS
30-09-2018, 04:21 PM
Huns should get fined for not having their own Fans Stewards with them 😂

Eyrie
30-09-2018, 04:24 PM
Breaking : SPFL investigation into the incident involving the linesman awards Rangers a 3-0 win.

Keith_M
30-09-2018, 04:24 PM
BBC Scotland have narrowed it down a bit to "A Man".

No mention of what team he supports, so it could a Livi Fan.

Jack Hackett
30-09-2018, 04:31 PM
Piece of cake. They just need to put the one picture up on their website and ask the rest of the country to grass him up.

It's not as if they're having to track down thousands of exuberant hibbies here.

We never got a final tally of prosecutions and convictions afaik, or is this thing still ongoing? Have they ever said how much has been spent on it, or is this just another 'quietly dropped and hope everybody forgets' scenario?

hibsbollah
30-09-2018, 04:33 PM
They go all round the houses to avoid saying it was a rangers fan don’t they

West of Scotland football supporter.

Chic Murray
30-09-2018, 04:35 PM
Piece of cake. They just need to put the one picture up on their website and ask the rest of the country to grass him up.

We can surely expect weeks of pictures in the Evening News as no stone is left unturned.

Scouse Hibee
30-09-2018, 04:39 PM
A guy actually came up to me in a pub in Corstorphine on Friday night and said, “I just heard your accent mate and you talking about Liverpool, I just wanted to say thanks for Gerrard he’s been superb”. He was with his wife so I was quite polite but still told him I supported Hibs and as far as I was concerned Stevie G can GTF and Walk Alone as he’s now joined that manky mob. He was a bit stunned at my response, and left after wishing us a nice night 😁

Bostonhibby
30-09-2018, 04:47 PM
We never got a final tally of prosecutions and convictions afaik, or is this thing still ongoing? Have they ever said how much has been spent on it, or is this just another 'quietly dropped and hope everybody forgets' scenario?No idea, sorry. I guess they've still got their crack find the elephant in the phone box squad on the case.

Bostonhibby
30-09-2018, 04:48 PM
A guy actually came up to me in a pub in Corstorphine on Friday night and said, “I just heard your accent mate and you talking about Liverpool, I just wanted to say thanks for Gerrard he’s been superb”. He was with his wife so I was quite polite but still told him I supported Hibs and as far as I was concerned Stevie G can GTF and Walk Alone as he’s now joined that manky mob. He was a bit stunned at my response, and left after wishing us a nice night [emoji16][emoji106] good man.

cabbageandribs1875
30-09-2018, 04:58 PM
A guy actually came up to me in a pub in Corstorphine on Friday night and said, “I just heard your accent mate and you talking about Liverpool, I just wanted to say thanks for Gerrard he’s been superb”. He was with his wife so I was quite polite but still told him I supported Hibs and as far as I was concerned Stevie G can GTF and Walk Alone as he’s now joined that manky mob. He was a bit stunned at my response, and left after wishing us a nice night 😁

get the welt telt :agree:

Sprouleflyer
30-09-2018, 04:59 PM
I've no doubt Police Scotland will spend hundreds of thousands of man hours analysing that vid in the interest of justice

Expect dawn raids around Leith tomorrow.

Famous Fiver
30-09-2018, 06:20 PM
Been off line for a few hours but recently signed in again.

Bemused that there still does not appear to be a statement from the Ralnchurs Meedja Department.

What's keeping you, Jim?

Hibernia&Alba
30-09-2018, 06:38 PM
Been off line for a few hours but recently signed in again.

Bemused that there still does not appear to be a statement from the Ralnchurs Meedja Department.

What's keeping you, Jim?

:agree:

We want yet another statement from Hunco. Had a linesman been hurt by the Livi fans, one would already have been released.

Aim Here
30-09-2018, 06:40 PM

The fans around him were clapping immediately after, though it's unclear whether they were applauding the assailant, or something happening on the pitch.

staunchhibby
30-09-2018, 06:43 PM
Would hope Livingstones finest would have been videoing those morons and viewing it.They were videoing our supporters when we played there.

TelaStella
30-09-2018, 08:19 PM
Had a wee look on rangers media for a laugh earlier and was actually quite taken a back at just how raging they all are about the incident. Seems like they want the twat’s head on a plate. http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/318692-acting-like-tarriers/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hfc rd
30-09-2018, 08:21 PM
Nothing will get done about it as the linesman provoked them.

Hibernia&Alba
30-09-2018, 08:33 PM
Had a wee look on rangers media for a laugh earlier and was actually quite taken a back at just how raging they all are about the incident. Seems like they want the twat’s head on a plate. http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/318692-acting-like-tarriers/

That's good to see, as I would have thought they would deflect away, though I'm still not convinced by their sudden bout of conscience. Any comment on the sectarian songs, for example?

Love the way the thread title has to be a deflection, though ; 'acting like tarriers' :faf:

H18 SFR
30-09-2018, 08:40 PM

Clicked the link and went exploring. The Gerrard out chat has started. Talk to make it known if hearts beat them.

poolman
30-09-2018, 08:47 PM

:tee hee:

Smartie
30-09-2018, 09:08 PM

That's good to see, as I would have thought they would deflect away, though I'm still not convinced by their sudden bout of conscience. Any comment on the sectarian songs, for example?

Love the way the thread title has to be a deflection, though ; 'acting like tarriers' :faf:

That thread is comedy gold.

They can't even manage to be entirely in the right properly. Football club's fans unanimously condemn unacceptable conduct from one of their own and do not wish to tolerate it - but why must it extend to seven pages dripping with sectarian slurs in order to do so?

Hibernia&Alba
30-09-2018, 09:11 PM

They can't even manage to be entirely in the right properly. Football club's fans unanimously condemn unacceptable conduct from one of their own and do not wish to tolerate it - but why must it extend to seven pages dripping with sectarian slurs in order to do so?

:agree:

Spot on. Even when trying to do the right thing, they can't help themselves.

mim
30-09-2018, 09:28 PM
The BBC National news showed the Livi goal and the assistant referree incident.
The Scottish news showed the Livi goal.

Who'd have thunk it? :greengrin

Forza Fred
30-09-2018, 09:30 PM
Watched it live on the telly last night, my time, and was surprised how close the fans are to the pitch.

Think him waving his flag in their faces made them think they were about to be attacked and took defensive action.

Can’t blame them for just protecting their players.

Or the official statement will see it that way anyway, when it’s belted out just after closing time....

H18 SFR
30-09-2018, 09:41 PM
Suggestions being made that McAllister is the brains and Stevie G simply the front.

Cracks are going to appear sooner than later.

Conj
30-09-2018, 10:10 PM
The BBC National news showed the Livi goal and the assistant referree incident.
The Scottish news showed the Livi goal.

Who'd have thunk it? :greengrin

The National news also said that Livingston's win was tarnished by the incident, was like they were blaming them or their fans

Col2
30-09-2018, 10:15 PM
It will all get blown over.

High jinks and the linesman took in good spirit with a wee smile and good old Craig Thomson (the ref) smirked and moved the game on quickly.

Now what about that penalty Rangers didn’t get? That was a travesty and will be top of Kris Boyd and Keith Jackson scribbles this week...

jodjam
30-09-2018, 10:20 PM
Suggestions being made that McAllister is the brains and Stevie G simply the front.

Cracks are going to appear sooner than later.

Who’s suggesting this?

Hibby70
30-09-2018, 11:16 PM
Who’s suggesting this?

Gary McAllister

Hibernia&Alba
30-09-2018, 11:35 PM
Who’s suggesting this?

Ian Paisley Jnr.

macca70
01-10-2018, 02:15 AM
The person has to be charged by the police and fine or points deduction for Rangers.

Horrible set of fans that cause trouble everywhere they go, the song they sing about no one likes them but they don’t care sums them up.

Austinho
01-10-2018, 02:51 AM
And to think these are the fans some Jambos aspire to be more like.

hibbiedon
01-10-2018, 04:15 AM
Waiting with bated breath for Jumbo Jim's outraged statement.

I fear I may have to wait a while.

Thug linesman headbuts child’s pocket money, that might cover it

iwasthere1972
01-10-2018, 05:39 AM

Some have a cheek to type the words 'Our good name'. It's a wind up surely.

H18 SFR
01-10-2018, 06:31 AM
The person has to be charged by the police and fine or points deduction for Rangers.

Horrible set of fans that cause trouble everywhere they go, the song they sing about no one likes them but they don’t care sums them up.

We don't have strict liability - no points can be deducted. It's Livingston who will likely get charged.

BILLYHIBS
01-10-2018, 07:34 AM
STATEMENT FROM THE RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB

We would urge all our fans to refrain from throwing coins at match officials and instead post them to:

IBROX STADIUM
150 EDMISTON DRIVE
GLASGOW
G51 2XD

:greengrin

Dan Sarf
01-10-2018, 09:30 AM
STATEMENT FROM THE RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB

We would urge all our fans to refrain from throwing coins at match officials and instead post them to:

IBROX STADIUM
150 EDMISTON DRIVE
GLASGOW
G51 2XD

:greengrin

:top marks

WeeRussell
01-10-2018, 11:39 AM

What's the "good name" they're all so keen to protect :confused:

bigwheel
01-10-2018, 11:39 AM
What's the "good name" they're all so keen to protect :confused:

Sevco..

02-10-2018, 01:07 AM
Must have been Chelsea fans again . . . .

Seriously though, they really are a despicable, horrible, horrible bunch.

Onion
02-10-2018, 12:25 PM
BBC Scotland have narrowed it down a bit to "A Man".

No mention of what team he supports, so it could a Livi Fan.

And in today's press, Ian Maxwell SFA CEO states that the incident should be a "wake up call" for fans - as if it was one of a string of incidents by fans from across the country ! Yet another body-swerve by those in charge.

No, Maxwell, it should be a wake up call to the SFA & SPFL to take action against the main perpetrators of trouble in Scottish Football - The Rangers FC and it's bigoted, disgusting fans.

BILLYHIBS
02-10-2018, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=H18 SFR;5565044]Suggestions being made that McAllister is the brains and Stevie G simply the front.

Cracks are going to appear sooner than later.[/QUOTE

Stevie Gs brain no working then! 😂

CropleyWasGod
02-10-2018, 12:31 PM
And in today's press, Ian Maxwell SFA CEO states that the incident should be a "wake up call" for fans - as if it was one of a string of incidents by fans from across the country ! Yet another body-swerve by those in charge.

No, Maxwell, it should be a wake up call to the SFA & SPFL to take action against the main perpetrators of trouble in Scottish Football - The Rangers FC and it's bigoted, disgusting fans.

That isn't going to happen without strict liability.

silverhibee
02-10-2018, 12:49 PM
That isn't going to happen without strict liability.

And don't the Rangers fans know this, they are untouchable in Scottish football, from attacking there own players at a POTY awards, causing mayhem everywhere they go, stabbing foreign visitors, throwing missiles inside grounds, groping a worker on a flight,it is constant, nearly every week there is something bad happening with them, it would seem UEFA aren't bothering there arse to charge them regards the stabbing incident at a European game at ipox.

Untouchable.

hibees 7062
02-10-2018, 11:56 PM
https://scontent.fman3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/43015661_2167441873275557_6793056193888649216_n.jp g?_nc_cat=103&oh=775b711023bd4ab92083d730edd1e7e9&oe=5C23A295

BILLYHIBS
03-10-2018, 07:28 AM
And don't the Rangers fans know this, they are untouchable in Scottish football, from attacking there own players at a POTY awards, causing mayhem everywhere they go, stabbing foreign visitors, throwing missiles inside grounds, groping a worker on a flight,it is constant, nearly every week there is something bad happening with them, it would seem UEFA aren't bothering there arse to charge them regards the stabbing incident at a European game at ipox.

Untouchable.

The authorities need to clamp down on the bigotry and songs their Celtic pals just as bad both still stuck in the seventeenth century sick of that bile coming into my living room everytime the Ugly Sisters on the box. :confused:

CentreLine
03-10-2018, 07:47 AM
The authorities need to clamp down on the bigotry and songs their Celtic pals just as bad both still stuck in the seventeenth century sick of that bile coming into my living room everytime the Ugly Sisters on the box. :confused:

Yes and we need to get shot of the Mercer song. None of this stuff has any place in football.

BILLYHIBS
03-10-2018, 07:49 AM
Yes and we need to get shot of the Mercer song. None of this stuff has any place in football.
:thumbsup:

Chic Murray
03-10-2018, 07:57 AM

We keep looking for things to be offended by, we won't be able to sing who's the ******* in the black, or in your Gorgie slums in case it hurts people's feelings.

Society is full of people looking for something to get upset about. Every word of every song will be analysed by committees of righteously indignant puritans, and reported to the witch funder general, but it still won't be enough.

How long till this?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-manchester-45717841

tamig
03-10-2018, 08:12 AM

No chance.

BILLYHIBS
03-10-2018, 08:14 AM
We keep looking for things to be offended by, we won't be able to sing who's the ******* in the black, or in your Gorgie slums in case it hurts people's feelings.

Society is full of people looking for something to get upset about. Every word of every song will be analysed by committees of righteously indignant puritans, and reported to the witch funder general, but it still won't be enough.

Yip! You are correct.

There is a fine line that gets crossed at most grounds in Scotland every week.

We need to start by getting our own house in order.

I personally feel we are not bad compared to other clubs.

We are however talking about something that is endemic in our society and will unfortunately not be eradicated overnight in Scotland

Chic Murray
03-10-2018, 08:23 AM
Yip! You are correct.

There is a fine line that gets crossed at most grounds in Scotland every week.

We need to start by getting our own house in order.

I personally feel we are not bad compared to other clubs.

We are however talking about something that is endemic in our society and will unfortunately not be eradicated overnight in Scotland

I think it's for the individual to decide what they can tolerate. If you don't like the songs at the football don't go.

Won't be long till we are asking people what they are thinking and telling them we can't get into the game if it's offensive.

Let the looneys be, they will always find ways to get attention. It's the only way they can do it.

SirDavidsNapper
03-10-2018, 08:27 AM
Rangers fans causing mayhem? Hibs fault

oldbutdim
03-10-2018, 08:55 AM
If we are serious about ceasing offensive behaviour from our own fans first, to lead by example - why are we allowing the dangerous practice of applause to recognise fans or ex-players who have passed, and even goals being scored?
:confused:

Jazz hands people.

It's not difficult.
:aok:

Sylar
03-10-2018, 09:04 AM
I think it's for the individual to decide what they can tolerate. If you don't like the songs at the football don't go.

Won't be long till we are asking people what they are thinking and telling them we can't get into the game if it's offensive.

Let the looneys be, they will always find ways to get attention. It's the only way they can do it.

Yet, it's very much a footballing problem. Offensive songs, aggresion and acts of random violence, the need for segregation, a lack of trust with alcohol. They're ALL Scottish Football problems. Every other sport I think of, anywhere across the world, this type of **** just doesn't happen. Go to any rugby, NFL, basketball, baseball, cricket, ARF, ice hockey...you can have a beer, you'll sit with fellow/opposition fans, you don't hear derogatory chants en masse.

There's a serious problem with tribalism in football that's just alien to me. And that clubs like to tie that up in cultural/religious/political identities just magnifies that problem.

bigwheel
03-10-2018, 09:09 AM
Yet, it's very much a footballing problem. Offensive songs, aggresion and acts of random violence, the need for segregation, a lack of trust with alcohol. They're ALL Scottish Football problems. Every other sport I think of, anywhere across the world, this type of **** just doesn't happen. Go to any rugby, NFL, basketball, baseball, cricket, ARF, ice hockey...you can have a beer, you'll sit with fellow/opposition fans, you don't hear derogatory chants en masse.

There's a serious problem with tribalism in football that's just alien to me. And that clubs like to tie that up in cultural/religious/political identities just magnifies that problem.

I like the tribalism of football...not the violence stuff, but that is few and far between now.. I like the "Oneupmanship and banter" that comes with supporting your team. I don't really want to sit next to an opposing fan at the football. too sterile for me.

I want to sit with my fellow fans with our green tinted glasses on ..laugh at "them" when we are winning, and feel injustice when we lose...that's part of the magic for me...

Offensive songs rarely trouble me - it's more a reflection on those that sing it - I include some of our songs in that too..

Kato
03-10-2018, 11:32 AM

Football is tribal, always has been. That doesn't mean to say violence can't be taken out the equation but taking out tribalism just isn't going to happen, unless we do away with the concept of individual clubs.

Sylar
03-10-2018, 12:26 PM
Football is tribal, always has been. That doesn't mean to say violence can't be taken out the equation but taking out tribalism just isn't going to happen, unless we do away with the concept of individual clubs.

But that's my point. There are individual clubs in every other team sport, and while passionately continuing to support your club is undoubtedly possible, the nasty elements that plague football don't exist.

What sets football apart as a sport where vitriol, nastiness, violence and prejudice are still somehow acceptable? You just don't see it in other sports.

Geo_1875
03-10-2018, 12:37 PM

https://goo.gl/images/5mZfoz
https://nypost.com/2015/04/05/kentucky-fans-take-out-anger-by-rioting-after-loss-to-wisconsin/

delbert
03-10-2018, 12:47 PM
Rangers fans causing mayhem? Hibs fault

What was interesting when it was debated on last nights Sportsound was the lengths the participants went to in making sure that the club involved wasn’t named! Listen to the intro back on the podcast, David Currie tiptoes his way into the item by saying there had been an incident on Sunday where a supporter threw a coin and hit an assistant. No mention of Sevco and no mention of even which section of fans the coin came from when the debate was introduced, the BBC sports department up here are absolutely terrified of upsetting the hierarchy of Her Majesties team, even though the same mob have shat on them from a great height for the last two years by refusing to talk to any of their journalists, utterly pathetic !!!

SirDavidsNapper
03-10-2018, 02:10 PM
What was interesting when it was debated on last nights Sportsound was the lengths the participants went to in making sure that the club involved wasn’t named! Listen to the intro back on the podcast, David Currie tiptoes his way into the item by saying there had been an incident on Sunday where a supporter threw a coin and hit an assistant. No mention of Sevco and no mention of even which section of fans the coin came from when the debate was introduced, the BBC sports department up here are absolutely terrified of upsetting the hierarchy of Her Majesties team, even though the same mob have shat on them from a great height for the last two years by refusing to talk to any of their journalists, utterly pathetic !!!

Embarrassingly spineless when it comes to The Rangers

Chic Murray
03-10-2018, 02:18 PM
If we are serious about ceasing offensive behaviour from our own fans first, to lead by example - why are we allowing the dangerous practice of applause to recognise fans or ex-players who have passed, and even goals being scored?
:confused:

Jazz hands people.

It's not difficult.
:aok:

I think The Rangers are well ahead of the game on this aspect of inclusivity. I was driving through Larkhall last week and some of their fans were already wearing white gloves.

neil7908
03-10-2018, 05:07 PM

So if there is racist chanting at a football game I should just stop going?

Chic Murray
03-10-2018, 05:30 PM

What do you think?

Keith_M
03-10-2018, 06:14 PM

So is it OK if we start singing songs about black people or Jews?

Are you aware of what constitutes a hate crime?

Chic Murray
03-10-2018, 07:33 PM
So is it OK if we start singing songs about black people or Jews?

Are you aware of what constitutes a hate crime?

What I think should be of no relevance to what you think, and vice versa.

Let people decide for themselves what is important to them, and vote with their feet, rather than imposing arbitrary definitions of good taste

We are entering the realms of Newspeak.

Edit: by the way, is mentioning blacks and Jews (who not everyone admires) not a form of Godwin's Law?

PatHead
03-10-2018, 08:11 PM
As someone said there seems to be a new story every day.

Today’s story is about a court case where a supporter is in court accused of sexually assaulting a stewardess on a Flight full of drunk Sevco supporters.

Kavinho
03-10-2018, 08:24 PM

Let people decide for themselves what is important to them, and vote with their feet, rather than imposing arbitrary definitions of good taste

Edit: by the way, is mentioning blacks and Jews (who not everyone admires) not a form of Godwin's Law?

That's just a race to the bottom then.
No thanks

johnbc70
03-10-2018, 08:36 PM
As someone said there seems to be a new story every day.

Today’s story is about a court case where a supporter is in court accused of sexually assaulting a stewardess on a Flight full of drunk Sevco supporters.

I was told the accused first name is Souness?!

PatHead
03-10-2018, 08:37 PM
I was told the accused first name is Souness?!

Forgot that, yes that is true.

neil7908
03-10-2018, 10:47 PM
What do you think?

I'm not sure if your on the wind up. I think if there is racist chanting at a Hibs game rather than leave I would get the folk doing it lifted.

You seem to be advocating football stadiums as some kind of lawless anarchy where you can do whatever you like. They aren't. We live in a society with laws, which include ones dealing with racism. Those should be enforced at football matches as I'd expect them to be on a train, in the pub or on the street. That isn't one step away from thought crimes.

neil7908
03-10-2018, 10:49 PM

Hahaha wow, have you read 1984? If so I think you've not picked it up properly.

broondog
04-10-2018, 08:08 AM

I know it is a little different but I stopped taking my son to away games at Ibrox because of this (and many other things).its not right and understandable why some people are put off going when you hear the vile songs, comments from opposing fans

BILLYHIBS
04-10-2018, 08:25 AM
I know it is a little different but I stopped taking my son to away games at Ibrox because of this (and many other things).its not right and understandable why some people are put off going when you hear the vile songs, comments from opposing fans
Only been to Ibroke the once in the Sauzee Latapy years when we were near the top of the SPL not a nice experience and not one I would take any of my sons to.
About 800 of us crowded behind the far corner flag Huns to the left right and above us.
I kid you not the Huns just stared at us the whole game hurling abuse swearing inviting us outside for a square go threatening us singing their purile drivel spitting on us throwing missiles and showering us with pish and coins from above.
What did the Polis and Stewards Do? SFA.
To cap it all we lost 1-0 and the Huns came in for our Manager and Latapy
A truly despicable football club.
No one likes them they don’t care!

PatHead
04-10-2018, 08:27 AM
Only been to Ibroke the once in the Sauzee Latapy years when we were near the top of the SPL not a nice experience and not one I would take any of my sons to.
About 800 of us crowded behind the far corner flag Huns to the left right and above us.
I kid you not the Huns just stared at us the whole game hurling abuse swearing inviting us outside for a square go threatening us singing their purile drivel spitting on us throwing missiles and showering us with pish and coins from above.
What did the Polis and Stewards Do? Sweet SFA.

It is the same with the new club as well.

Geo_1875
04-10-2018, 08:37 AM
What did the Polis and Stewards Do? Sweet SFA.

And if you complain to the police you're more likely to be arrested than the culprits. Ipox is a safe space for bigots.

Carheenlea
04-10-2018, 08:55 AM
And if you complain to the police you're more likely to be arrested than the culprits. Ipox is a safe space for bigots.

Not like that any more - have noticed a considerable change in attitude from the police at Ibrox in recent years. So much so I think there has been a conscious effort to do so given the years of complaints by not just ourselves. From my experience anyway as one who has attended Hibs games at Ibrox regularly since the late 80’s, and that’s not to say it’s all tea and scones now, but not as bad as it once was.

kaimendhibs
04-10-2018, 09:52 AM
Not like that any more - have noticed a considerable change in attitude from the police at Ibrox in recent years. So much so I think there has been a conscious effort to do so given the years of complaints by not just ourselves. From my experience anyway as one who has attended Hibs games at Ibrox regularly since the late 80’s, and that’s not to say it’s all tea and scones now, but not as bad as it once was.Sorry but I can't agree. The Stewards are awful, let the Sevco fans do what they like but are constantly on the lookout to do Hibs fans. Grim place but it won't stop me going to support our team

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

proud_and_green
04-10-2018, 11:40 AM
Nothing will get done about it as the linesman provoked them.Yep, the record article notes that the linesman ".. clutched his head after being struck by a missile as he stood in front of them." Obviously this was justified as the Hun knew that he was going to clutch his head when hit by the missile and everyone knows that clutching your head is only one step away from cupping your ears. He deserved it!

Or put another way, he threw it because he knew when it hit him the lino would clutch his head and that is just as bad as ear cupping and therefore he knew then that he had to throw the missile.

No case to answer, awarded MC and back to lodge to be feted by Grand High Poo Baa.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
04-10-2018, 04:37 PM
Guy has been charged.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Famous Fiver
04-10-2018, 04:39 PM
Some poor wee lamb defending queen and country being hauled before the courts I see.

Case will be dismissed and BEM for outstanding bravery in face of the severest provocation will be awarded in due course.

You heard it here first.

nonshinyfinish
04-10-2018, 04:43 PM
Guy has been charged.

The linesman, presumably?

proud_and_green
04-10-2018, 04:47 PM
Some poor wee lamb defending queen and country being hauled before the courts I see.

Case will be dismissed and BEM for outstanding bravery in face of the severest provocation will be awarded in due course.

You heard it here first.Not quite, prediction of no case to be answered and award of MC in my post earlier..... [emoji41]

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
04-10-2018, 04:55 PM
If I was sevco I'd stick the business into liquidation again to distance the club from all these idiots then set up a much nicer club altogether, ideally somewhere in Belfast and playing in the nornirn league.

A fluffier sounding name is required too, queenies light blues might work.

Billy Whizz
04-10-2018, 05:02 PM
30 year old, and seemingly sacked by his employer already

Famous Fiver
04-10-2018, 05:09 PM
If true, will no doubt claim unfair dismissal on religious grounds?

Smartie
04-10-2018, 05:09 PM

Wow.

It's heartening to know that there are workplaces out there who operate a zero tolerance policy when it comes to employing huns.

As that is surely all he is guilty of so far?????

Hibernia&Alba
04-10-2018, 05:11 PM
A thirty year old bloke, not a daft kid. What a lovely guy he must be.

Hibernia&Alba
04-10-2018, 05:14 PM

New job at Ibrox as head of security is a stick on.

cabbageandribs1875
04-10-2018, 05:16 PM

much respect to his ex-employer :agree:

CropleyWasGod
04-10-2018, 05:39 PM
much respect to his ex-employer :agree:Michael Seamus O'Flaherty Limited, bead- makers.

Unless he has gone to his employer with a full...cough...confession, I'm a bit uneasy about that.

Then again..... [emoji48]

Chorley Hibee
04-10-2018, 05:44 PM
Reporting Scotland still refusing to name him as a Sevco fan. Just mentioned now it was "a coin thrown by a fan attending the Livingston v Rangers game"

Absolutely embarrassing that a national broadcaster can be so scared of a football club.

Hibernia&Alba
04-10-2018, 05:49 PM
Michael Seamus O'Flaherty Limited, bead- makers.

Unless he has gone to his employer with a full...cough...confession, I'm a bit uneasy about that.

:faf: :top marks

Billy boy was head of quality control. Nothing left the factory until he was satisfied with bead quality.

cabbageandribs1875
04-10-2018, 05:53 PM
Michael Seamus O'Flaherty Limited, bead- makers.

i'm fine with it :) if some trumpet in my employ was proven to be unstable/violent enough to fire objects at someone then i would empty him as well, no matter which football team he supported, i would then type a letter to the match official craig thomson asking why he thought the act was funny and if it was him that was hit would he still be giggling away, then i would ask him why he gave a penalty to hertz in the 2012 cheats final when the ball was clearly, to everyone in world football, to have been at least 2 yards outside the box, i would then ask if he is a cheat....or just incompetent, then ask when he is finally retiring.

....and breathe

mutley
04-10-2018, 05:58 PM

I have, it’s one of my favourite books. It’s Double Plus Good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sir David Gray
04-10-2018, 06:03 PM
Whilst I have no personal issue with the guy's employer sacking him, I think they're on very dodgy ground dismissing him before he's been convicted of any criminal offence.

They are leaving themselves wide open to legal action should he happen to be found not guilty.

BullsCloseHibs
04-10-2018, 06:04 PM
Reporting Scotland still refusing to name him as a Sevco fan. Just mentioned now it was "a coin thrown thrown by a fan attending the Livingston v Rangers game"

Absolutely embarrassing that a national broadcaster can be so scared of a football club.

No surprises there then by the BRITISH broadcasting company.

Keith_M
04-10-2018, 06:14 PM

So if some people sing offensive songs, the rest of us just don't go to the football? Wow, with a brain like yours, you should be in charge of Brexit.

No, and you need to educate yourself a bit more if you don't even know that. Although, given the content of your comments on here, there's probably a lot more you need to be educated about first.

mutley
04-10-2018, 09:26 PM
Some one has been charged:

Man charged after football official hit by coin http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-45747931

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ancient hibee
04-10-2018, 09:35 PM
Reporting Scotland still refusing to name him as a Sevco fan. Just mentioned now it was "a coin thrown by a fan attending the Livingston v Rangers game"

So scared that they’ve refused Rangers any interviews until they lift their ban on a BBC employee?Fairs fair.

Jack
04-10-2018, 10:07 PM
Just a thought but maybe the guy has 'confessed' to his employer, or bragged about it in his workplace.

Workers rights are not what they used to be but I'd be surprised if the employer didn't think of the consequences even if dafty didny.

Tomsk
04-10-2018, 10:24 PM
So scared that they’ve refused Rangers any interviews until they lift their ban on a BBC employee?Fairs fair.

What? Rangers interview the BBC now?

Chic Murray
05-10-2018, 01:24 AM

Do you mean misunderstood it?

Chic Murray
05-10-2018, 01:37 AM
I'm not sure if your on the wind up. I think if there is racist chanting at a Hibs game rather than leave I would get the folk doing it lifted.

You seem to be advocating football stadiums as some kind of lawless anarchy where you can do whatever you like. They aren't. We live in a society with laws, which include ones dealing with racism. Those should be enforced at football matches as I'd expect them to be on a train, in the pub or on the street. That isn't one step away from thought crimes.

I'm advocating freedom of speech and thought, and the collective power of individuals to change things, as opposed to a society where what is and is not acceptable is codified and proscribed. So, perhaps anarchy is what I have in mind

You make it sound as if it's a bad thing. Do you really think forcing people to change their beliefs is ever going to succeed, it hasn't so far.

In fact it has encouraged the boorish and offensive to act up even more. How many people have even been lifted for this so far

The national broadcaster would rather mute the sound than face up to it.

Now, if people just refused to go to games clubs might take it seriously. But as long as we pay our money and run cliping to the Police, or papers, it will go ahead on.

SouthMoroccoStu
05-10-2018, 01:55 AM

I’m more shocked he had a job in the first place

Brizo
05-10-2018, 05:32 AM
I'm advocating freedom of speech and thought, and the collective power of individuals to change things, as opposed to a society where what is and is not acceptable is codified and proscribed. So, perhaps anarchy is what I have in mind

You make it sound as if it's a bad thing. Do you really think forcing people to change their beliefs is ever going to succeed, it hasn't so far.

In fact it has encouraged the boorish and offensive to act up even more. How many people have even been lifted for this so far

The national broadcaster would rather mute the sound than face up to it.

if people just refused to go to games clubs might take it seriously. But as long as we pay our money and run cliping to the Police, or papers, it will go ahead on.

I think you put too much faith in the clubs having some backbone to challenge that behaviour. A boycott just means that the bad guys continue to win. Finances would dictate that empty seats at ER and any other grounds would result in the likes of Sevco getting bigger away allocations, more triumphalism and more bigoted songs. Instead we should be encouraging as many Hibbies to attend and giving the huns the bare minimum allocation. It won't change their behaviour but it will marginalise it.

As for "cliping", I haven't heard that since school playground days. Kind of blows the rest of your pompous faux intellectual chat out the water.

Chic Murray
05-10-2018, 05:36 AM
I think you put too much faith in the clubs having some backbone to challenge that behaviour. A boycott just means that the bad guys continue to win. Finances would dictate that empty seats at ER and any other grounds would result in the likes of Sevco getting bigger away allocations, more triumphalism and more bigoted songs. Instead we should be encouraging as many Hibbies to attend and giving them the bare minimum allocation. It won't change their behaviour but it will marginalise it.

As for "cliping", I haven't heard that since school playground days. Kind of blows the rest of your pompous faux intellectual chat out the water.

As for "cliping"

Yeah and typing the same thing twice when you are picking somebody up tells us something too. :greengrin

But, just as you say. We have reached the stage where we are no longer allowed to question whether there is a problem, and can only talk about solutions. On that note, can you please tell me why clubs bank balances getting hit wouldn't force them to act? That's the main reason managers get the sack after all.

blackpoolhibs
05-10-2018, 05:48 AM
We have caught a club cheating red handed (no pun intended) and in every other sport, the trophies won during this cheating would have either been awarded to the team that finished 2nd, or taken away.

Yet in Scotland, the authorities are that scared, along with the rest of the member clubs, that they just swept this scandal under the carpet, and allowed them to carry on as if they did nothing wrong.

Why would anyone think they will even try and sort them out now, over any situation?

Brizo
05-10-2018, 05:55 AM
Yeah and typing the same thing twice when you are picking somebody up tells us something too. :greengrin

But, just as you say. We have reached the stage where we are no longer allowed to question whether there is a problem, and can only talk about solutions. On that note, can you please tell me why clubs bank balances getting hit wouldn't force them to act? That's the main reason managers get the sack after all.

It only tells me that I typed the same thing twice, I hope your not "codifying and proscribing" dotnet typos :greengrin

Please re-read my post :wink: Clubs are businesses first and foremost and will not want swathes of empty seats. If the good guys boycott home games clubs, including ours, will allocate more seats to Sevco. I think its quite an easy thing to understand , you don't seem to or choose not to :wink:

Chorley Hibee
05-10-2018, 06:11 AM
We have caught a club cheating red handed (no pun intended) and in every other sport, the trophies won during this cheating would have either been awarded to the team that finished 2nd, or taken away.

Yet in Scotland, the authorities are that scared, along with the rest of the member clubs, that they just swept this scandal under the carpet, and allowed them to carry on as if they did nothing wrong.

Why would anyone think they will even try and sort them out now, over any situation?

Couldn't agree more, they have been given free rein to behave however they like (from boardroom to support) and nearly every club in Scotland (Hibs too) are complicit in the matter.

Chic Murray
05-10-2018, 07:59 AM
It only tells me that I typed the same thing twice, I hope your not "codifying and proscribing" dotnet typos :greengrin

Please re-read my post :wink: Clubs are businesses first and foremost and will not want swathes of empty seats. If the good guys boycott home games clubs, including ours, will allocate more seats to Sevco. I think its quite an easy thing to understand , you don't seem to or choose not to :wink:

I'm a bit confused by all this, to be honest

On one hand people are so horrified by these songs that they want sanctions against clubs and individuals, on the other hand they are prepared to sit through ninety minutes of them being sung.

It does come across as a bit cowardly to expect other people to sort the situation, whilst doing nothing themselves. The law hasnt been able to fix it, and the authorities don't care.

I'm afraid it's a case of accepting that by going to the games, you're part of the problem. Because any onlooker thinks "if it's that bad, don't go."

It's ironic that we make such a big issue of this, whilst tolerating sectarian marches, or racist marches, in society as a whole. Football fans often have an unrealistic view of the significance of what goes on in grounds to general society

It's disappointing that some people are so bigoted that they get off on celebrating their traditions at the match, but i have yet to see a workable solution to this problem.

Phil MaGlass
05-10-2018, 08:24 AM
Mibbe police Scotland shood use Edinburgh polis at ibrox and give them free reign tae arrest all who are seen to be breaking the law, or spouting their bigotry. They could have a competition to see who could arrest the most bigots, winner gets a set of beads

Famous Fiver
05-10-2018, 08:29 AM
Think his case comes up today.

Probably get a chorus of 'God Save the Queen' from his defence lawyer and an impassioned plea of acting under the severest provocation. 'M'lud he kept waving this flag above his heid and ah couldnae see whit wis goin on.'

Will be interesting to see how the media report it.

Bostonhibby
05-10-2018, 08:38 AM
Think his case comes up today.

Probably get a chorus of 'God Save the Queen' from his defence lawyer and an impassioned plea of acting under the severest provocation. 'M'lud he kept waving this flag above his heid and ah couldnae see whit wis goin on.'

Will be interesting to see how the media report it.Hibs fan in sevco end besmirches Sevco's good name.

Sevco fan with flag allergy goaded by linesman excessively waving flag.

Andy Walker, Lee Wallace and Allan Preston witnessed the whole thing.

Billy Whizz
05-10-2018, 05:13 PM
https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1431630-man-who-struck-linesman-with-coin-banned-from-grounds/

Bostonhibby
05-10-2018, 05:22 PM
Looks like it's possibly the airdrie branch of the livingstone supporters club that are implicated here, airdrie is rammed with livingstone fans.

Or maybe it's those west of Scotland FC erseholes who ruined the celebration after the 2016 Scottish cup final.

Ryan91
05-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Looks like it's possibly the airdrie branch of the livingstone supporters club that are implicated here, airdrie is rammed with livingstone fans.

Or maybe it's those west of Scotland FC erseholes who ruined the celebration after the 2016 Scottish cup final.

BBC article calls him a "football fan" from North Lanarkshire, no mention of him being a currant bun.

Billy Whizz
05-10-2018, 05:28 PM
BBC article calls him a "football fan" from North Lanarkshire, no mention of him being a currant bun.

He’s pleaded not guilty, but I thought he handed himself in?

Sir David Gray
05-10-2018, 05:30 PM
Have we had a statement from the team from Ibrox yet?

Sir David Gray
05-10-2018, 05:33 PM
He’s pleaded not guilty, but I thought he handed himself in?

I'm trying to work that one out too. How can you hand yourself in to police and admit that you're the person they're trying to catch for an alleged criminal offence and then plead not guilty when it goes to court?

Definitely a hun with logic like that.

Bostonhibby
05-10-2018, 05:40 PM
He’s pleaded not guilty, but I thought he handed himself in?Going to use the Andy Goram defence?

Two Andy Goram, there's only two Andy Gorams. [emoji6]

Aldo
05-10-2018, 05:41 PM
I'm trying to work that one out too. How can you hand yourself in to police and admit that you're the person they're trying to catch for an alleged criminal offence and then plead not guilty when it goes to court?

Definitely a hun with logic like that.

Innocent until proved otherwise. All in fairness to the accused or suspect.

Even the admission of guilt is insufficient evidence to convict someone. You require any evidence to be corroborated by another source.

The PF now needs to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that this lad is indeed the person responsible.

Sir David Gray
05-10-2018, 05:57 PM
Innocent until proved otherwise. All in fairness to the accused or suspect.

Even the admission of guilt is insufficient evidence to convict someone. You require any evidence to be corroborated by another source.

The PF now needs to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that this lad is indeed the person responsible.

I get that there needs to be a legal process to convict him. I just can't understand why someone would voluntarily walk into a police station and admit that you're the person they're looking for in relation to an offence and then plead not guilty.

Aldo
05-10-2018, 05:59 PM
I get that there needs to be a legal process to convict him. I just can't understand why someone would voluntarily walk into a police station and admit that you're the person they're looking for in relation to an offence and then plead not guilty.

Yip totally crazy but it’s their right!

Kojock
05-10-2018, 06:16 PM

Could be buying time as there is a chance he is going to jail for the offence. Maybe he has a holiday booked, a wedding to attend or a child to be born in the next month or so. Plead not guilty and a trial date is set for next year.

Since90+2
05-10-2018, 06:20 PM
Could be buying time as there is a chance he is going to jail for the offence. Maybe he has a holiday booked, a wedding to attend or a child to be born in the next month or so. Plead not guilty and a trial date is set for next year.

Could he not have just pled guilty if/when he was arrested at a later date?

cabbageandribs1875
05-10-2018, 06:44 PM

but not Livingston fans, they mostly live in L i v i n g s t o n and are not related in any way to Livingstone :)

McD
05-10-2018, 06:49 PM

where? :greengrin

Bostonhibby
05-10-2018, 06:51 PM
but not Livingston fans, they mostly live in L i v i n g s t o n and are not related in any way to Livingstone :)Goddam auto text! [emoji4]

cabbageandribs1875
05-10-2018, 06:56 PM
Goddam auto text! [emoji4]

blame it on the autotext eh :greengrin

ian cruise
05-10-2018, 07:02 PM

Maybe he knew it was only a matter of time before he was grassed up for being in the photos, so said I'm that guy, but plans to try claim though he's in photos that he didn't throw the coin.

Bostonhibby
05-10-2018, 07:03 PM
blame it on the autotext eh :greengrinOr I could presume to blame it on the good doctor Livingstone[emoji5]

Being pedantic I stuck it in again and it still came up with an e on the end. Guess Livingston is less well known than Livingstone[emoji6]

Sir David Gray
05-10-2018, 07:10 PM
Maybe he knew it was only a matter of time before he was grassed up for being in the photos, so said I'm that guy, but plans to try claim though he's in photos that he didn't throw the coin.

Why not just wait until the police actually catch him then, if he's going to plead his innocence?

I honestly can't understand why someone would hand themselves in and then plead not guilty. The only logic I can see for handing yourself in would be if you were to plan on pleading guilty in the hope of getting a lesser sentence for;

a - Handing yourself in.
b - Pleading guilty and avoiding the need for a trial and all the associated time and expense that involves.

Doing what he's done is just madness.

Skol
05-10-2018, 07:21 PM
The guys a hun, wont have thought it through

Then his lawyer will have got involved and advised him

Kojock
05-10-2018, 07:45 PM
Could he not have just pled guilty if/when he was arrested at a later date?

Handing himself in would help his case when applying for bail.

brog
05-10-2018, 07:46 PM

TBF, the article does say the coin was thrown from the away end.

majorhibs
05-10-2018, 08:00 PM
Why not just wait until the police actually catch him then, if he's going to plead his innocence?

I honestly can't understand why someone would hand themselves in and then plead not guilty. The only logic I can see for handing yourself in would be if you were to plan on pleading guilty in the hope of getting a lesser sentence for;

a - Handing yourself in.
b - Pleading guilty and avoiding the need for a trial and all the associated time and expense that involves.

Sorry SDG, but there’s just no enough of the criminal mind about ye to go understanding what merits or not turning yourself over to the Police & courts. But I’d bet that’s no the case wi the zombie coin hurler!

vuefrom1875
05-10-2018, 08:02 PM
Or I could presume to blame it on the good doctor Livingstone[emoji5]

Being pedantic I stuck it in again and it still came up with an e on the end. Guess Livingston is less well known than Livingstone[emoji6]

Correct Stanley 😂

Since90+2
05-10-2018, 08:28 PM
Handing himself in would help his case when applying for bail.

Unless there are exceptional circumstances then bail would always be granted for a charge at this level. It would be highly unusual for a person to be remanded for something like this.

Prof. Shaggy
05-10-2018, 08:41 PM
Whilst I have no personal issue with the guy's employer sacking him, I think they're on very dodgy ground dismissing him before he's been convicted of any criminal offence.

They are leaving themselves wide open to legal action should he happen to be found not guilty.

You don't have to have been convicted of a criminal offence to get the sack.

Sir David Gray
05-10-2018, 08:46 PM
You don't have to have been convicted of a criminal offence to get the sack.

I know that but if he's found not guilty then there would be quite reasonable grounds for him to sue for unfair dismissal.

Prof. Shaggy
05-10-2018, 10:08 PM
I know that but if he's found not guilty then there would be quite reasonable grounds for him to sue for unfair dismissal.

Maybe. The standard of proof in a criminal case is "beyond reasonable doubt". That's not the standard required in an employment disciplinary hearing or in an employment tribunal. It's not uncommon for an employee to be found not guilty in a criminal case and still being dismissed from their job.

CropleyWasGod
05-10-2018, 10:17 PM
I know that but if he's found not guilty then there would be quite reasonable grounds for him to sue for unfair dismissal.Maybe he pulled a sickie to go to the game [emoji16]

BullsCloseHibs
05-10-2018, 10:27 PM
Disgusting Orange behaviour. We have unfortunately come to expect. Horrible peepol.

matty_f
06-10-2018, 12:57 AM
He maybe pleaded not guilty to the specific charge of assault in the hope that a case could be argued for a lesser crime - or he could say he didn't mean to hit the linesman and that it was an accident.

linlithgowhibbie
06-10-2018, 09:36 AM
Disgusting Orange behaviour. We have unfortunately come to expect. Horrible peepol.

Any need for the first bit of that sentence!

Pretty Boy
06-10-2018, 09:53 AM
I had BBC Radio Scotland on last night and the news highlighted a man 'from Airdrie' was arrested following a 'Livingston match' at 'Livingstons ground, and the 'West Lothian side' won 1-0.

Why is there such a media blackout when mentioning Rangers fans in a negative sense?

tamig
06-10-2018, 10:09 AM
Any need for the first bit of that sentence!

In the context of the hun I don’t see the issue.

Bostonhibby
06-10-2018, 10:12 AM
In the context of the hun I don’t see the issue.

Yep, like me above it was probably a predictive text issue and he meant disgusting orange b******s.

CMurdoch
06-10-2018, 12:52 PM

a - Handing yourself in.

Makes sense to me.
See's photo and knows he is going to be dobbed in, so legs it down to the Police Station before they can come for him.
Helps his chances of bail. Especially as he is 30 and has no previous convictions.
He speaks to the solicitor who advises him to plead not guilty so as to allow the furore to die down.
A trial will be set for next year. He will plead guilty before the trial and will get a proportionate sentence given it is old news.

Remember the kids with no previous convictions that pled guilty immediately after the cup final.
They received severe sentences and were destroyed in the media because the incident was still media current.
The kid that lost his coaching job was brutally treated.
Whereas those neds with previous convictions knew to plead not guilty. Their cases were heard many months later and they were treated far more leniently.

Bristolhibby
06-10-2018, 03:07 PM

I can’t understand throwing a coin at another human at a football match.

J

Jack Hackett
06-10-2018, 03:09 PM

J

'Another'??? :faf:

nonshinyfinish
06-10-2018, 03:12 PM
'Another'??? :faf:

Linesmen are people too. :no way:

Jack Hackett
06-10-2018, 03:14 PM
Linesmen are people too. :no way:

No argument from me... The post gives the impression that the other participant is one as well :wink:

nonshinyfinish
06-10-2018, 03:18 PM
No argument from me... The post gives the impression that the other participant is one as well :wink:

I got it, I was trying to make a joke as well. Emphasis perhaps on the 'trying'.

Jack Hackett
06-10-2018, 06:00 PM
I got it, I was trying to make a joke as well. Emphasis perhaps on the 'trying'.

Nope... just misinterpretation on my part :greengrin Hadn't had a g&t before I read your reply... Sorted now :aok:

blackpoolhibs
11-10-2018, 07:42 AM
Saw this on twitter, and thought yip, that about sums that lot up.

So to be clear, supporters of "The Rangers" want the people they call, spoonburners, papes, fenians, beadrattlers, taigs, hivs, tarriers, junkies, bheasts, to stop calling them huns because it offends them? These thick hun *******s are on another planet!

Forza Fred
11-10-2018, 08:30 AM
Maybe. The standard of proof in a criminal case is "beyond reasonable doubt". That's not the standard required in an employment disciplinary hearing or in an employment tribunal. It's not uncommon for an employee to be found not guilty in a criminal case and still being dismissed from their job.

Indeed.

Having previous experience in the disciplinary investigation of alleged misconduct in the workplace the barrier for substantiating an allegation was based on ‘the balance of probabilities’ as opposed to the more rigorous requirement for criminal trials of ‘beyond reasonable doubt’

Carheenlea
11-10-2018, 08:55 AM
Saw this on twitter, and thought yip, that about sums that lot up.

So to be clear, supporters of "The Rangers" want the people they call, spoonburners, papes, fenians, beadrattlers, taigs, hivs, tarriers, junkies, bheasts, to stop calling them huns because it offends them? These thick hun *******s are on another planet!

Laughable so it is :hilarious

Scotty Leither
11-10-2018, 09:04 AM
I had BBC Radio Scotland on last night and the news highlighted a man 'from Airdrie' was arrested following a 'Livingston match' at 'Livingstons ground, and the 'West Lothian side' won 1-0.

Why is there such a media blackout when mentioning Rangers fans in a negative sense?

It's the way the media in this country works, PB. "Bias by omission", I think it's termed, and is even more pronounced and fawning where our "establishment" institutions are concerned.

I think the biggest laugh I had in the aftermath of the Cup Final was when two gentlemen from Renfrew who were arrested for breach of the peace upon entering the turf at Hampden were called "West of Scotland Scottish Cup supporters" .

Vini1875
11-10-2018, 11:05 AM
The BBC in particular doesn't want to offend them anymore since they were banned for standing their ground. Some at the BBC must be hoping that they can get back in. The huns do like to complain and have gone into full victim mode since 2012.

Treadstone
11-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Chris McLauchlin has a new job at the BBC no more pitch side interviews. I'm sure the backsliding will start between The Rangers and beeb now to get them back.

Hibernia&Alba
11-10-2018, 11:11 AM

Along with Larkhall, Airdrie must surely be the most hardcore Hun town in Scotland. It's like East Belfast there.

oldbutdim
11-10-2018, 11:43 AM
Along with Larkhall, Airdrie must surely be the most hardcore Hun town in Scotland. It's like East Belfast there.

Hunfriendly covers it.

Chic Murray
11-10-2018, 12:37 PM
It's the way the media in this country works, PB. "Bias by omission", I think it's termed, and is even more pronounced and fawning where our "establishment" institutions are concerned.

I think the biggest laugh I had in the aftermath of the Cup Final was when two gentlemen from Renfrew who were arrested for breach of the peace upon entering the turf at Hampden were called "West of Scotland Scottish Cup supporters" .

Just watching the news, and the Beeb has announced that children were emotionally and physically abused at homes run by "a religious order".

CropleyWasGod
11-10-2018, 12:40 PM
Just watching the news, and the Beeb has announced that children were emotionally and physically abused at homes run by "a religious order".

The website does mention which order it was, and what faith they ascribe to.

hibee_nation
11-10-2018, 12:44 PM

Aye but did they say they were bead rattling tarrier bas$%&

Naw they didnae, bloody SNP conspiracy :greengrin

where'stheslope
11-10-2018, 02:16 PM

J
You've not worked it out yet?
He usually goes to Junior games and he's used to throwing his pound into the blanket being carried around the park!
The girl with the towel walking around, thought it was the same thing, sorry I hit the linesman, he moved after I threw it!!!!
Verdict - Case not proven!!!!!

Jack Hackett
11-10-2018, 03:06 PM

Without even looking, I'm going to guess it's Smyllum Park they're on about. I had the pleasure of a stay there in the early 60's and can confirm that the crows were evil c's.

Chic Murray
11-10-2018, 04:20 PM
Without even looking, I'm going to guess it's Smyllum Park they're on about. I had the pleasure of a stay there in the early 60's and can confirm that the crows were evil c's.

You're right, and sorry to hear of your experience.

Famous Fiver
11-10-2018, 04:26 PM
Jack

You have my deepest sympathy.

Mick O'Rourke
11-10-2018, 05:42 PM
Jack
Sad to read that you suffered at Smyllum
My fathers family all hailed from Lanark/New Lanark.
I spent many summers in New Lanark as a boy.
My memory is sketchy,but i was told later in life from Lanark relatives about the home and that a relative died there.

Sorry am off the thread topic,but wanted to express my thoughts to Jack and utter disgust at that dire place.

oneone73
11-10-2018, 05:45 PM
The BBC in particular doesn't want to offend them anymore since they were banned for standing their ground. Some at the BBC must be hoping that they can get back in. The huns do like to complain and have gone into full victim mode since 2012.

One more time: the BBC aren't banned, they're boycotting. They're defending their journalist, and rightly so.

Jack Hackett
11-10-2018, 06:02 PM
You're right, and sorry to hear of your experience.

Jack

You have my deepest sympathy.

Jack
Sad to read that you suffered at Smyllum
My fathers family all hailed from Lanark/New Lanark.
I spent many summers in New Lanark as a boy.
My memory is sketchy,but i was told later in life from Lanark relatives about the home and that a relative died there.

Sorry am off the thread topic,but wanted to express my thoughts to Jack and utter disgust at that dire place.

Your sympathy is appreciated. My experience is not a pleasant memory, but you get on with life and I've survived to become a grumpy old man. Kinda put me off the whole religion thing at an early age, so I guess every cloud has a silver lining.

Famous Fiver
11-10-2018, 06:19 PM
Iirc nuns used to visit one of my workplaces many years ago to collect for the poor.

Butter wouldn't melt in their mouths.

Turns my stomach to think about it now.

Bostonhibby
11-10-2018, 06:21 PM
Your sympathy is appreciated. My experience is not a pleasant memory, but you get on with life and I've survived to become a grumpy old man. Kinda put me off the whole religion thing at an early age, so I guess every cloud has a silver lining.Best wishes Jack. With you on the religion front.

Mick O'Rourke
11-10-2018, 06:39 PM
Iirc nuns used to visit one of my workplaces many years ago to collect for the poor.

Butter wouldn't melt in their mouths.

Turns my stomach to think about it now.

Why would the nuns that visited your workplace turn your stomach?
Were they abusive nuns?
I was taught by nuns at primary school.
Have nothing but good memories of that time.
However
It is shameful and despicable what has historically taken place and now revealed as to what took place at institutions like Smyllum.

Famous Fiver
11-10-2018, 07:02 PM
I feel I was conned into providing funds to support a system which is reported as having been particularly poor at looking after vulnerable children.

I respect your views and I am pleased to learn that you were treated well. Obviously this didn't happen in every case.

If I had known then what I know now I would not have contributed.

Chic Murray
12-10-2018, 12:35 PM

Yeah, I just raised it as evidence that the Beeb in Scotland appears to have an aversion to offending either side of the sectarian divide.

The announcement on the news was so blatant in the use of the words "religious order", that you could only feel they were scared to say which.

Smartie
12-10-2018, 01:00 PM
My ex was taught by nuns at a school in Dublin.

Generally speaking she adored them, and she got a cracking education. There were certain aspects of the education though (sex education and education regarding subjects such as abortion) which were "interesting" as you might imagine.

Keith_M
12-10-2018, 01:03 PM
The guys a hun, wont have thought it through

Then his lawyer will have got involved and advised him

Donald Findlay?

Hibrandenburg
12-10-2018, 06:13 PM

Maybe he turned up to work on Monday and his boss asked him straight out if he was the guy that threw the coin and he admitted it. He doesn't seem to be the sparkliest star in the sky.

Hibrandenburg
12-10-2018, 06:14 PM
So if some people sing offensive songs, the rest of us just don't go to the football? Wow, with a brain like yours, you should be in charge of Brexit.

:faf:

Hibrandenburg
26-10-2018, 08:35 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/rangers-fan-who-groped-easyjet-stewardess-on-edinburgh-berlin-flight-jailed-1-4820428

Hermit Crab
26-10-2018, 08:39 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/rangers-fan-who-groped-easyjet-stewardess-on-edinburgh-berlin-flight-jailed-1-4820428

9 months in the pokey for that little stunt. Erse.

Iggy Pope
26-10-2018, 08:42 PM

Souness Clark?
In the name of ****. A Kick Up The Eighties clearly never kicked hard enough.

Dr Jimmy
26-10-2018, 10:16 PM

Sexual assault is not a “little stunt”.

oldbutdim
26-10-2018, 10:21 PM

Indeed.

He obviously thought it was a laddish prank.

Bet he feels a right tit now.

Tornadoes70
26-10-2018, 10:32 PM
I'm quite certain most nuns would have become nuns to spread God's love and to make the world a better place for the sick and poor. You'll always have bad uns in every walk of life. There's bad nurses, bad doctors, bad policemen, bad etc etc etc. Thankfully the bad uns are in the vast minority. The rest only have goodness in their being.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Just Alf
26-10-2018, 10:37 PM
Was gonna say something... But I really, really must have understood a previous poster

GGTTH!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

oldbutdim
26-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Was gonna say something... But I really, really must have understood a previous poster

GGTTH!

I hope you mean misunderstood or you are just as bad.

Just Alf
27-10-2018, 07:00 PM
I hope you mean misunderstood or you are just as bad.Oops! Buddy spel chequer! :D

DH1875
27-10-2018, 10:54 PM
Thought at first it was boy who throw the coin that got 9 months. Turns out some hun dick grabbed a stewardess by the tit, prick. Imagine it was your wife or sister. 9 months seems a bit on the soft side to me.