PDA

View Full Version : Ayr

Greenworld
30-09-2018, 09:09 AM
That Shankland boy keeps scoring

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Greenworld
30-09-2018, 09:11 AM
Would like to see hibs make a bid for him when the window opens just keeps impressing

BILLYHIBS
30-09-2018, 09:14 AM
That Shankland boy keeps scoring

Aye two last week two this week we only needed one last Tuesday versus the sheep :greengrin

The question is do we go for the untried Shanlkand at our level or back in for the tried and tested Scott Allan come January?

erin go bragh
30-09-2018, 09:17 AM
Aye two last week two this week we only needed one last Tuesday versus the sheep :greengrin

The question is do we go for the untried Shanlkand at our level or back in for the tried and tested Scott Allan come January?
Both 😜

H18 SFR
30-09-2018, 09:24 AM
Ayr have been asked to carry out a feasibility study into playing top league football at Somerset Park. They've to plan and prepare for top flight football, anyone who went to Somerset over the last few years will understand why.

With all that in mind, I can't see them parting with him in January, they will surely be thinking that they can do a Livingston.

bigwheel
30-09-2018, 09:32 AM
I don’t really fancy Shankland..like a Simon Murray for me ..not sure he will hack it at top league level ....

Anyway, it’s fanciful speculation as i expect they will get circa 300k-400k for him - which takes him out of our budget ...

danhibees1875
30-09-2018, 09:33 AM
I don’t really fancy Shankland..like a Simon Murray for me ..not sure he will hack it at top league level ....

Anyway, it’s fanciful speculation as i expect they will get circa 300k-400k for him - which takes him out of our budget ...

I think this is the last year of his contract. I don't see a club bigger than Hibs going for him either, so I reckon we could get him if we wanted him.

Souter96Mac
30-09-2018, 09:35 AM
Unless a club in England go for him, I can't see Celtic or Rangers going for him. He was dumped by Aberdeen so might not want to return, we probably have a fairly decent chance. I think it'd help competition and depth up front.

bigwheel
30-09-2018, 09:36 AM
I think this is the last year of his contract. I don't see a club bigger than Hibs going for him either, so I reckon we could get him if we wanted him.

Ok. Hadn’t realised that ...think his goals will get him a decent move ..likely league one down south for some healthy wages ..

Wouldn’t be against signing him, but don’t see
It as a priority..

Dancehibs
30-09-2018, 09:37 AM
Would like to see hibs make a bid for him when the window opens just keeps impressing

I don’t recall seeing him play. Did he play against us in first division? What type of player s he? Do you think he can play in top four spl team or be a strong squad player?

hfc rd
30-09-2018, 10:35 AM
He’s been linked with a couple of clubs down south in the championship & league 1. Definitely does look a very good talent. Scores for fun.

Remember reading on here that he was close to signing for Hearts in the summer but decided against the move.

H18 SFR
30-09-2018, 10:40 AM
He’s been linked with a couple of clubs down south in the championship & league 1. Definitely does look a very good talent. Scores for fun.

Remember reading on here that he was close to signing for Hearts in the summer but decided against the move.

It was for financial reasons, he's full time with Ayr but also has a number of clients he personal trains at night in the gym he used to work in apparently.

More money at Ayr/part time working.

villahibs
30-09-2018, 10:49 AM
Asked a couple of Rangers supporting friends to look out for him in their cup game during the week... said he hardly had a kick, when he did he gave it away or looked a bit off the pace.
Probably found his level now and excelling in it. He scored a load before the window closed in the summer but nobody took a chance....

H18 SFR
30-09-2018, 10:51 AM
Asked a couple of Rangers supporting friends to look out for him in their cup game during the week... said he hardly had a kick, when he did he gave it away or looked a bit off the pace.
Probably found his level now and excelling in it. He scored a load before the window closed in the summer but nobody took a chance....

To be fair he should have won a blatant penalty but Madden didn't give it.