PDA

View Full Version : 1,758

Keith_M
29-09-2018, 06:05 PM
If I heard the announcer correctly today, that's how many Hibs Fans were at the game. A very good travelling support and I thought the backing for the team was immense.

Well done to you all!

:thumbsup:

JXM73
29-09-2018, 06:21 PM
Cheers lol

Lancs Harp
29-09-2018, 06:34 PM
Great effort lads :thumbsup:

superfurryhibby
29-09-2018, 06:52 PM
So Hibs took more fans to a mundane league game ( after a cup defeat) than a big team like Aberdeen took to a cup 1/4 final. That’s a pretty fine effort from our away support. Very impressive. The players will appreciate the backing they get at small stadia like St Mirren.

SRHibs
29-09-2018, 06:54 PM
So Hibs took more fans to a mundane league game ( after a cup defeat) than a big team like Aberdeen took to a cup 1/4 final. That’s a pretty fine effort from our away support. Very impressive. The players will appreciate the backing they get at small stadia like St Mirren.

Aberdeen had a great traveling support, especially when you consider our home support for the same quarter final. It was also a late kickoff, which is pretty rough considering where they’re traveling from.

Doesn’t take away from today being a great turnout in Paisley, but I don’t think that’s fair on Aberdeen.

superfurryhibby
29-09-2018, 07:00 PM
Aberdeen had a great traveling support, especially when you consider our home support for the same quarter final. It was also a late kickoff, which is pretty rough considering where they’re traveling from.

Doesn’t take away from today being a great turnout in Paisley, but I don’t think that’s fair on Aberdeen.

Many of their fans live somewhere other than Aberdeen? But aye, possibly a bit harsh.

jacomo
29-09-2018, 07:06 PM

As said on Tuesday, many of the Aberdeen fans at ER probably live in the central belt, and enjoyed an opportunity to see their team closer to home.

Hibernia&Alba
29-09-2018, 07:10 PM
Top quality away support today. Pwoud, very pwoud :flag:

Hillsidehibby
29-09-2018, 07:48 PM
Hibs Hearts Rangers Celtic Aberdeen. Only teams that have an away support.

oneone73
29-09-2018, 07:52 PM
Hibs Hearts Rangers Celtic Aberdeen. Only teams that have an away support.

Add Motherwell to that.

erin go bragh
29-09-2018, 07:53 PM
As said on Tuesday, many of the Aberdeen fans at ER probably live in the central belt, and enjoyed an opportunity to see their team closer to home.
How many Aberdeen fans live in the central belt ? The majority of their fans travel from Aberdeen imo .
I personally only know three Aberdeen fans that stay down this neck of the woods .

Sir David Gray
30-09-2018, 07:28 AM
How many Aberdeen fans live in the central belt ? The majority of their fans travel from Aberdeen imo .
I personally only know three Aberdeen fans that stay down this neck of the woods .

When I was driving home from Paisley yesterday, I had an Aberdeen fan in the car behind me. This was about 5 minutes from my home in the Falkirk area.

erin go bragh
30-09-2018, 09:30 AM
When I was driving home from Paisley yesterday, I had an Aberdeen fan in the car behind me. This was about 5 minutes from my home in the Falkirk area.
That makes 4 SDG 😜 Yes after Fergies successes with them in the 80s , there is some scattered about in our central belt but the vast majority of them are up north 🇳🇬

Earlydelivery
30-09-2018, 09:42 AM
I personally only know three Aberdeen fans that stay down this neck of the woods . never knew or seen an Aberdeen fan in my childhood in the early 70s .. fast forward 10yrs and bang ...2 supporters buses popped up in Edinburgh .. and numerous in central belt .

IGRIGI
30-09-2018, 09:48 AM
What absolute weirdo from the central belt decides to support Aberdeen?

Keith_M
30-09-2018, 10:15 AM
How did we get onto a discussion about Aberdeen again?

Some people are obsessed :wink:

superfurryhibby
30-09-2018, 11:06 AM
That makes 4 SDG 😜 Yes after Fergies successes with them in the 80s , there is some scattered about in our central belt but the vast majority of them are up north 🇳🇬

Plenty of native sheep who’ve relocated to somewhere in the central belt. Pals next door neighbour in Leith being one of them.

Teams in the SPL must be loving the fact that Hibs, Hearts and Rangers are all bringng good away supports, £££££££.

PatHead
30-09-2018, 11:08 AM
Plenty of native sheep who’ve relocated to somewhere in the central belt. Pals next door neighbour in Leith being one of them.

Teams in the SPL must be loving the fact that Hibs, Hearts and Rangers are all bringng good away supports, £££££££.

And the championship teams must be gutted we are no longer there.

G B Young
30-09-2018, 11:08 AM

I work with an Aberdeen fan who is a member of their Capital 1903 (Edinburgh) branch which has over 300 members. There's also at least one Central Belt supporters club. A lot of students from Aberdeen come down to study at Edinburgh/Stirling/Glasgow unis and colleges and you'll find plenty of folk from the north-east who work in Glasgow and Edinburgh. While a good number do travel from Aberdeen, their away support is unquestionably bolstered by a strong central belt presence.

G B Young
30-09-2018, 11:10 AM

A bigger mystery to me has always been what absolute weirdo from Edinburgh decides to support Hearts when they have a choice in the matter.

Allant1981
30-09-2018, 11:25 AM
A bigger mystery to me has always been what absolute weirdo from Edinburgh decides to support Hearts when they have a choice in the matter.

or people from edinburgh going to watch celtic/the rangers every other week

Borderhibbie76
30-09-2018, 12:02 PM
Hibs Hearts Rangers Celtic Aberdeen. Only teams that have an away support.Killie now bring a decent away support too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

lucky
30-09-2018, 02:46 PM
Killie and motherwell don’t have good home supports never mind away.

Billy Whizz
30-09-2018, 06:49 PM
1,788 was the total crowd at Hamilton v Dundee

Aim Here
30-09-2018, 07:20 PM
Killie and motherwell don’t have good home supports never mind away.

Killie doesn't have a great home support, sure, but a fairly high percentage of them make the journey over to ER; 942 for the last time Killie played at ER. That's a higher proportion of their fanbase (average attendance at Rugby Park is about 5,300 or so) than Hibs brings to anywhere outside of Tynecastle and maybe Livingston.

Iggy Pope
30-09-2018, 07:28 PM

Begs the burning question about why you're not supporting your local team though.

Sir David Gray
30-09-2018, 07:31 PM
Begs the burning question about why you're not supporting your local team though.

My local team's Falkirk, do you really need an answer to that?

Iggy Pope
30-09-2018, 07:42 PM
My local team's Falkirk, do you really need an answer to that?

Aye! Given the way the thread goes why are you supporting Hibs and not say, East Stirling?
Oops. Smiley. :wink:

Scott Allan Key
30-09-2018, 07:47 PM
Aye! Given the way the thread goes why are you supporting Hibs and not say, East Stirling?
Oops. Smiley. :wink:

SDG is a glory hunter.

Sir David Gray
30-09-2018, 10:20 PM
SDG is a glory hunter.

I really stink at gloryhunting if that's the case.

So far I've been going to watch Hibs for almost 25 years and I've seen us win two cups!

Hibernia&Alba
30-09-2018, 11:43 PM
SDG is a glory hunter.

Haud oan, a Swiss flag - are you a tax dodger?:wink:

My_Wife_Camille
01-10-2018, 10:13 AM
I really stink at gloryhunting if that's the case.

So far I've been going to watch Hibs for almost 25 years and I've seen us win two cups!
How many have Falkirk won in the same period?