V St Johnstone (H)
V Aberdeen (A)

Hearts:

V Rangers (A)
V Aberdeen (H)
V Hibs (H)
V Celtic (A)
V St Johnstone (H)

Looking at that it looks a crucial wee period with both teams having tough games. I said it last season and I'll say it again now our ability, or otherwise, to start taking something from games at Tynecastle is going to be key.

An exciting little run of games and will set things up nicely for the busy period through December and the festive season.

hfc rd
29-09-2018, 04:23 PM
Hibs:

V Hamilton (H)
V Celtic (A)
V Hearts (A)
V St Johnstone (H)
V Aberdeen (A)

Hearts:

V Rangers (A)
V Aberdeen (H)
V Hibs (H)
V Celtic (A)
V St Johnstone (H)

Looking at that it looks a crucial wee period with both teams having tough games. I said it last season and I'll say it again now our ability, or otherwise, to start taking something from games at Tynecastle is going to be key.

An exciting little run of games and will set things up nicely for the busy period through December and the festive season.

Hearts also have the League Cup semi final 3 days before the derby.

The Modfather
29-09-2018, 04:24 PM
Hibs:

V Hamilton (H)
V Celtic (A)
V Hearts (A)
V St Johnstone (H)
V Aberdeen (A)

Hearts:

V Rangers (A)
V Aberdeen (H)
V Hibs (H)
V Celtic (A)
V St Johnstone (H)

Our woes at Tynecastle are nothing new, but I hope Lennon has learned his lessons from last seasons games. I felt he got it wrong on all 3 occasions and repeated the same mistakes each game. Sure he will rectify things in a few weeks time.

K.Marx
29-09-2018, 04:25 PM
Home wins against Hamilton and St Johnstone are a must. We lost to both at home in the first half of last season and can’t afford to do the same this year. Would love to get a result at tynecastle given our woeful record there

ekhibee
29-09-2018, 04:26 PM
Hibs:

V Hamilton (H)
V Celtic (A)
V Hearts (A)
V St Johnstone (H)
V Aberdeen (A)

Hearts:

V Rangers (A)
V Aberdeen (H)
V Hibs (H)
V Celtic (A)
V St Johnstone (H)

Are Hearts playing St Johnstone at home again?

Crab apple
29-09-2018, 04:28 PM
Hibs:

V Hamilton (H)
V Celtic (A)
V Hearts (A)
V St Johnstone (H)
V Aberdeen (A)

Hearts:

V Rangers (A)
V Aberdeen (H)
V Hibs (H)
V Celtic (A)
V St Johnstone (H)

The last fixture in your list for the Yams should be Killie.

Nakedmanoncrack
29-09-2018, 04:30 PM
Are Hearts playing St Johnstone at home again?

No.

adhibs
29-09-2018, 04:31 PM
The last fixture in your list for the Yams should be Killie.

Tough run of games for them. Let's see what their really made of.

Diclonius
29-09-2018, 04:33 PM
It's crunch time ladsssssssssssssssssss

SirDavidsNapper
29-09-2018, 04:35 PM
We'll be above them once those 5 fixtures are complete

stoneyburn hibs
29-09-2018, 04:37 PM
I'd be happy with 9 points from our next 5 fixtures. We could obviously get more or less but I think that's realistic.

Pete
29-09-2018, 04:41 PM
I’m not sure if their fixtures are in order in the OP but I’d like to think we’d be within striking distance of them come the derby.

A thumping win against Hamilton might get our goal difference up a wee bit too.

Ozyhibby
29-09-2018, 04:44 PM
Hibs:

V Hamilton (H)
V Celtic (A)
V Hearts (A)
V St Johnstone (H)
V Aberdeen (A)

Hearts:

V Rangers (A)
V Aberdeen (H)
V Hibs (H)
V Celtic (A)
V St Johnstone (H)

When do we play Sevco?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
29-09-2018, 04:46 PM
When do we play Sevco?

Ignore that, I see it’s been postponed.

CMurdoch
29-09-2018, 04:47 PM
Hibs:

V Hamilton (H)
V Celtic (A)
V Hearts (A)
V St Johnstone (H)
V Aberdeen (A)

Hearts:

V Rangers (A)
V Aberdeen (H)
V Hibs (H)
V Celtic (A)
V St Johnstone (H)

4 games until the 1st round of games are complete.

In the next 3 Hibs must beat Hamilton , not lose to Hearts and anything we take from Celtic will be a bonus. Can see us taking 4 points
What will Hearts do? Possibly 4 pints, possibly only 2, 1 from our game and 1 from Aberdeen.

Next week should see us only 2 points behind Hearts

The current 5 points gap is simply a result of us losing to St Johnstone and drawing with Livingston both of which will be avenged in the 2nd round of games.

We have the wonderful diamond of Bogdan, Ambrose, Hanlon, Porteous, Milligan already together and the strike team of MacLaren & Kamberi about to be manoeuvred back into place as well as Pirlo Mallan ready to dig us out in times of need.
I am excited in anticipation of us stepping it up (injuries withstanding) in the 2nd round of games.

Crab apple
29-09-2018, 04:50 PM

That's how I see it too, provided we take something from the Tinycastle. Levein is a bottler and will revert to type in the games against the bigger clubs by setting the hammer throwers up defensively. I think they'll lose quite a few games in October.

Lancs Harp
29-09-2018, 04:58 PM
Exciting times and run of fixtures for both Hibs and Hearts, we'll know a lot more about where we are after the first round of games is complete. Bring it on, the matches against the likes of Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Hearts is what its all about. I think we'll fare pretty well. Lets just see how good we are.

:flag:

Carheenlea
29-09-2018, 05:13 PM
Another booking for Ryan Porteous today - he seems to get booked every game so must be threatening a suspension during this run of fixtures highlighted. Mind you, I’ve no idea how the points tally thing works but would be interesting to know how he’s placed. Played his part in three consecutive clean sheets.

Ged
29-09-2018, 05:32 PM

We'll be above them when we beat them at the PBS.

1875M
29-09-2018, 05:35 PM
Will realistically probably get 9 points, 11+ would be fantastic

Sir David Gray
29-09-2018, 05:36 PM
15 points

Crunchie
29-09-2018, 05:43 PM

I admire your confidence and hope you're right, can't see it myself though. Will be difficult to pick up a win from those away fixtures, but you never know.

bingo70
29-09-2018, 05:45 PM
I still think this is the best Hearts are going to get all season while we’re still finding our feet and just building up a head of steam. Imo after next weekend we’ll only be two points behind them.

I know after next weekend though we won’t have played either of the old firm and they’ll have played both however we won’t lose both of those game and they’ll drop points to Aberdeen.

I think by the end of the season rangers, Celtic, us and Aberdeen will be above them, even though they’ve got a 10 point head start over Aberdeen.

Leith Green
29-09-2018, 05:57 PM
I still think this is the best Hearts are going to get all season while we’re still finding our feet and just building up a head of steam. Imo after next weekend we’ll only be two points behind them.

I know after next weekend though we won’t have played either of the old firm and they’ll have played both however we won’t lose both of those game and they’ll drop points to Aberdeen.

I think by the end of the season rangers, Celtic, us and Aberdeen will be above them, even though they’ve got a 10 point head start over Aberdeen.

Think hibs and hearts will finish above aberdeen this season.

SChibs
29-09-2018, 06:01 PM
I reckon we're a mirror of what we were before. We'll start slowish but end the season strongly

stoneyburn hibs
29-09-2018, 06:07 PM

As do I, they've fell away and are not a patch on where they were the last few seasons. We're due them and the next fixture would be a good starting point.

BT58
29-09-2018, 06:08 PM
Lets play 1 game at a time. The yams game will take care of its self. Hamilton beat us deservedly last year at ER, we need to remember that result and hopefully turn them over. Injuries have hit the team, but we have players coming in who are doing their job. Onwards and upwards.
We are Hibs
B

Keith_M
29-09-2018, 06:20 PM

Going by what I've seen of Aberdeen so far, you could be right.

I think Celtc and The Rangers will be the top two, with Hibs and Hearts fighting for third place.

Lancs Harp
29-09-2018, 06:24 PM
Going by what I've seen of Aberdeen so far, you could be right.

I think Celtc and The Rangers will be the top two, with Hibs and Hearts fighting for third place.

See it similarly although I would add Aberdeen (even though presently they are the weakest IMO of the Hibs Hearts Aberdeen threesome) Wouldn't totally write Killie off to be in the 3rd/4th/5th place race either.

Ozyhibby
29-09-2018, 06:28 PM
We need to McLaren and Kamberri playing to achieve our potential.

BullsCloseHibs
29-09-2018, 06:34 PM
Hun Derby next Sunday.
Hibs will go two points behind the diet Huns next Saturday night 😊 and likely stay that way Sunday evening ☺️

BullsCloseHibs
29-09-2018, 06:36 PM
Tough run of games for them. Let's see what their really made of.

Aye, the likes of McLean and Haring simply aren't league winning material. Fact. Hibs will still finish above them come May. No doubt whatsoever about that ☺️

judas
29-09-2018, 07:04 PM
Aye, the likes of McLean and Haring simply aren't league winning material. Fact. Hibs will still finish above them come May. No doubt whatsoever about that ☺️

I agree with all of those comments

Hibernia&Alba
29-09-2018, 07:14 PM
I'm hoping for ten points at least there, but it's Hibs, so it will probably be three :greengrin

Nah, seriously, we should be looking to get 2/3 of those points.

JimBHibees
29-09-2018, 07:24 PM
Our woes at Tynecastle are nothing new, but I hope Lennon has learned his lessons from last seasons games. I felt he got it wrong on all 3 occasions and repeated the same mistakes each game. Sure he will rectify things in a few weeks time.

Disagree. We won the first game cup game was just a battle and we lost to a poorly defended corner last game 2 poorly defended goals otherwise nothing at all between the teams against a team who get away with a lot physically in an anti football style on their wee pitch.

Lancs Harp
29-09-2018, 07:28 PM
I think we'll get 18 points from these next 5 games. :wink:

Hibernia&Alba
29-09-2018, 07:31 PM
I think we'll get 18 points from these next 5 games. :wink:

Yamonomics.

Lancs Harp
29-09-2018, 07:36 PM
Yamonomics.

They said a 147 snooker break on tv couldnt be done now its a matter of time before someone does a 150 break. 9 dart finishes were unheard of but again its only a matter of time before Van Gerwen does an 8 dart finish and the way humans are evolving, the 100 metres in some distant point in time will be done in a negative time. Only the small minded cant see this. :wink:

The Harp Awakes
29-09-2018, 07:43 PM
We need to McLaren and Kamberri playing to achieve our potential.

Totally agree. The best front 2 pairing in the league by far. If McLaren had played v Aberdeen midweek we'd have beaten them by a couple of goals at least. We have a big opportunity this season to do something remarkable. Exciting times.

SJNB Hibby
29-09-2018, 07:48 PM
4 games until the 1st round of games are complete.

In the next 3 Hibs must beat Hamilton , not lose to Hearts and anything we take from Celtic will be a bonus. Can see us taking 4 points
What will Hearts do? Possibly 4 pints, possibly only 2, 1 from our game and 1 from Aberdeen.

Next week should see us only 2 points behind Hearts

The current 5 points gap is simply a result of us losing to St Johnstone and drawing with Livingston both of which will be avenged in the 2nd round of games.

We have the wonderful diamond of Bogdan, Ambrose, Hanlon, Porteous, Milligan already together and the strike team of MacLaren & Kamberi about to be manoeuvred back into place as well as Pirlo Mallan ready to dig us out in times of need.
I am excited in anticipation of us stepping it up (injuries withstanding) in the 2nd round of games.

We're going in on a bit of a high, but our recent record, despite losing on penalties, is no goals conceded in the last 5 hours and 48 minutes
THats good by anybodys standards no matter who we play:flag:

stoneyburn hibs
29-09-2018, 08:01 PM
They said a 147 snooker break on tv couldnt be done now its a matter of time before someone does a 150 break. 9 dart finishes were unheard of but again its only a matter of time before Van Gerwen does an 8 dart finish and the way humans are evolving, the 100 metres in some distant point in time will be done in a negative time. Only the small minded cant see this. :wink:

Nonsense, love it.

Eyrie
29-09-2018, 09:46 PM
When I was a youngster the best we could have got from five games was ten points. Now it's fifteen. Bloody inflation gets everywhere :grr:

Sir David Gray
29-09-2018, 09:50 PM
We're going in on a bit of a high, but our recent record, despite losing on penalties, is no goals conceded in the last 5 hours and 48 minutes
THats good by anybodys standards no matter who we play:flag:

How many hours did Hearts get to last season before they contacted the Guinness Book of Records?

Hibernia&Alba
29-09-2018, 10:31 PM
How many hours did Hearts get to last season before they contacted the Guinness Book of Records?

About three.

Smartie
29-09-2018, 10:37 PM
We'll need a decent referee to beat Aberdeen.

We've had Steven McLean against them twice st Easter Road, and they were allowed to boot us all over the place.

If we get a fussy or normal ref, we'll do them.

Hermit Crab
29-09-2018, 10:42 PM
Hibs:

V Hamilton (H)
V Celtic (A)
V Hearts (A)
V St Johnstone (H)
V Aberdeen (A)

Hearts:

V Rangers (A)
V Aberdeen (H)
V Hibs (H)
V Celtic (A)
V St Johnstone (H)

They just played St J at home today? Are they away there?

Hermit Crab
29-09-2018, 10:45 PM

That boys a player, its sheer arrogance to dismiss him like that. McLean isn't that great,I agree with that.

eastcoasthibby
30-09-2018, 08:07 AM
Another booking for Ryan Porteous today - he seems to get booked every game so must be threatening a suspension during this run of fixtures highlighted. Mind you, I’ve no idea how the points tally thing works but would be interesting to know how he’s placed. Played his part in three consecutive clean sheets.
Think his yellow could have been a second one today if referee hadn't got wrong by booking Milligan instead of him in the first half ...needs.to just settle himself at times !!

greenlex
30-09-2018, 08:19 AM
Think his yellow could have been a second one today if referee hadn't got wrong by booking Milligan instead of him in the first half ...needs.to just settle himself at times !!

I actually shat myself when the ref did book Porteous as I thought t it was his second. I thought it was him and not Milligan that was shown yellow.

wookie70
30-09-2018, 03:39 PM

You can get a 150 break at snooker all the way up to 155.

bingo70
30-09-2018, 03:57 PM
That boys a player, its sheer arrogance to dismiss him like that. McLean isn't that great,I agree with that.

How many times have you seen him play?

Have they not only been on the tele once?

theonlywayisup
30-09-2018, 09:32 PM
Hibs:

V Hamilton (H)
V Celtic (A)
V Hearts (A)
V St Johnstone (H)
V Aberdeen (A)

Hearts:

V Rangers (A)
V Aberdeen (H)
V Hibs (H)
V Celtic (A)
V St Johnstone (H)

I fully expect Hertz to win there next two games.

Can only see one winner next week - Hertz win.

Think they'll also best the Dons.

I'm not saying that the Hertz are a great team. They just are very hard to beat and capable of sneaking a win.

Hibernia&Alba
30-09-2018, 11:53 PM
I fully expect Hertz to win there next two games.

Can only see one winner next week - Hertz win.

Think they'll also best the Dons.

I'm not saying that the Hertz are a great team. They just are very hard to beat and capable of sneaking a win.

Not at Ipox, even if it takes a late penalty. Rangers are struggling; that won't be allowed to continue at the snake pit, if the game is tight.

Itsnoteasy
01-10-2018, 12:38 AM
You can get a 150 break at snooker all the way up to 155.

Now I can't ever see that happening.

Free ball before anything is potted any colour then the black, then the 147.

Going to ask the bookies for odds at next World Championships.

Steve20
01-10-2018, 05:07 AM
Probably both take about the same points.

Hearts won’t lose at Ibrox on Sunday.

Springbank
01-10-2018, 06:19 AM

Yes they will, by 3 goals to 1

They are a very average side who have benefitted from dodgy decisions such as Killie ghost red card, being awarded a goal after breaking the motherwell keeper's ankle, rogers using a game at tynecastle to exhibit to the board how poor his squad players are (Kouassi etc)

Their one paced one tactic approach will drag them so far, but they'll be exposed on the wings at Ibrox

calumhibee1
01-10-2018, 06:23 AM

They are a very average side who have benefitted from dodgy decisions such as Killie ghost red card, being awarded a goal after breaking the motherwell keeper's ankle, rogers using a game at tynecastle to exhibit to the board how poor his squad players are (Kouassi etc)

Their one paced one tactic approach will drag them so far, but they'll be exposed on the wings at Ibrox

Very average sides don’t win 6 out of 7 and remain unbeaten while getting to a cup semi final. They’re a good side in Scottish football terms unfortunately.

I don’t think they’ll win on Saturday though.

bigwheel
01-10-2018, 06:23 AM

Can’t see Hearts losing either tbh....wouldn’t be surprised if they get a win ....Should be a decent game

Callum_62
01-10-2018, 08:20 AM

Nope- its was
Defo Milligan that tripper him

Looked like porteous at first tho

wookie70
01-10-2018, 08:50 AM
Now I can't ever see that happening.

Free ball before anything is potted any colour then the black, then the 147.

Going to ask the bookies for odds at next World Championships.

Alex Higgins did the maximum 155 according to reports

Dashing Bob S
01-10-2018, 09:04 AM
If we win at PBS I think we'll be above them after this sequence of games. Lose or draw, they'll probably still be above us.

Hermit Crab
01-10-2018, 03:22 PM

The same Trevor Carson who has played every game for Motherwell since that match v Hearts? :confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-10-2018, 03:32 PM
The same Trevor Carson who has played every game for Motherwell since that match v Hearts? :confused:

G, I'm not sure if you are aware but, its ok to let one or two peoples errors pass by re Hearts every now and again. :-)

Hermit Crab
01-10-2018, 03:41 PM
G, I'm not sure if you are aware but, its ok to let one or two peoples errors pass by re Hearts every now and again. :-)

:greengrin.

ian cruise
02-10-2018, 07:28 AM

I do agree that HC can be let's say a bit over zealous, at time in regards to this but that's a wild claim the poster has made that would very quickly become a Hibs.net FACT. I think he was right to correct them.

Itsnoteasy
02-10-2018, 12:21 PM
Alex Higgins did the maximum 155 according to reports

SERIOUSLY. Where did you hear that?
If anyone could it would be him.
That guy was player.
On form no one could touch him.
Like most flawed geniuses the demons got the better of him.

Remember when he came back from 7-0 down I think in the UK Masters against Davis the next derby at Tynie there was a banner saying at least Alex Higgins can come back from 7-0.

Oscar T Grouch
02-10-2018, 12:45 PM
SERIOUSLY. Where did you hear that?
If anyone could it would be him.
That guy was player.
On form no one could touch him.
Like most flawed geniuses the demons got the better of him.

Remember when he came back from 7-0 down I think in the UK Masters against Davis the next derby at Tynie there was a banner saying at least Alex Higgins can come back from 7-0.

Interesting article from the Belfast Telegraph here about it, not in official competition so not recognised.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/alex-higgins/alex-higgins-a-155-break-impossible-not-for-higgy-28548775.html