PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates St Mirren v Hibs

Pages : 1 [2]

Fife-Hibee
29-09-2018, 04:03 PM
It's not just stating a fact. Even if we didn't play well, the second half performance doesn't disappoint me.

So you're not disappointed when we don't play well? Well that's up to you, but some of us are, which is up to us. So lets just leave it there eh.

Stevie Reid
29-09-2018, 04:03 PM
So you're not disappointed when we don't play well? Well that's up to you, but some of us are, which is up to us. So lets just leave it there eh.

Not when we win, no. I can't understand anyone who is.

Fife-Hibee
29-09-2018, 04:06 PM

Nobody is disappointed that we won. To claim that any of us are is twisting what anybody is actually saying.

cabbageandribs1875
29-09-2018, 04:06 PM
The performance was disappointing in the second half. That's just stating a fact. Obviously getting the win in the end isn't disappointing and anybody claiming that any of us are disappointed with the win can go and do one.

well said, already one bizarre comment further back saying some will be gutted with the result, yeah of course a hibs fan would be gutted with a win :rolleyes:...

Hibby Kay-Yay
29-09-2018, 04:07 PM
Wait until we get SA in at the window. Free to sign

Free to sign but not free to get in Jan.

danhibees1875

A poor performance and bad result combined is the only thing to really be disappointed by.

We play well enough generally that a poor performance here and there doesn't bother me and picking up 3 points while having one is great. :aok:

BoomtownHibees
agypong just gives the ball away so cheaply

No he doesny

SirDavidsNapper
120 mins of football midweek. We were always going to be leggy second half against a fresh St Mirren. Well done Hibs.

Stevie Reid
Nobody is disappointed that we won. To claim that any of us are is twisting what anybody is actually saying.

I'm not claiming that. I'm just stating that I don't get disappointed about anything when we win a game. Especially away from home at the end of a tough week, and we don't even concede a goal.

makaveli1875
29-09-2018, 04:08 PM
Brilliant win again. Hamilton home next and somethings gotta give in rangers hearts game

The huns will put 3 or 4 past them ...

erin go bragh
Celtic could only manage a 0-0 at St Mirren . Another 3 Pts . Could have been a more comfortable win if we had put a couple of they chances away in the first half but bring on Hamilton next Sat ( we have a horrendous recent record against them , that needs to be rectified)

Allant1981

does it really matter we werent really that good, we won, id take a win playing average every week rather than playing well and not winning like midweek

cabbageandribs1875
29-09-2018, 04:09 PM
No he doesny

yes he did, breaking with 4 on three and he passed it up to a st.mirren player, so i'l say again, he gave the ball away cheaply, FACT

trev the hat
29-09-2018, 04:09 PM
120 mins of football midweek. We were always going to be leggy second half against a fresh st mirren. Well done hibs.

🤞

👏 hfc 👏

One Day Soon
29-09-2018, 04:11 PM
Slow start to the season, replaced an entire midfield, strike partnership not yet had a chance to gel and play together regularly, bunch of European games to cope with and yet we're second top of the league with all the new players bedding in and getting better and better.

This is going to be a great season with a serious chance of top three.

CMac1988
29-09-2018, 04:12 PM
I don't know if he means you but I do note that you said the second half was disappointing - what's disappointing about a 0-0 second half to secure an away win?

I couldn't care less if he does or doesn't. Between him and the other poster coming on and posting cryptically I just don't get it.

Regardless it was a disappointing second half. We played as bad as I've seen in recent memory and our only saving grace is that they weren't able to turn possession into goals in a similar fashion to us on Wednesday (albeit with less chances).

As I said though it was a good win. I'm happy we ultimately managed to ride out the win after a good first half performance.

Let's not try and twist what I said into me being "disappointed about a 0-0 second half to secure an away win?". It was a good overall result with a disappointing second half performance.

Nothing more, nothing less.

gazzag70
Rather win with style but happy to take 3 points every time. Well done!! GGTTH!!

southsider
Free to sign but not free to get in Jan.
Yip. But we can pay a (hopefully) nominal fee to allow him to play

Stevie Reid
29-09-2018, 04:16 PM
I couldn't care less if he does or doesn't. Between him and the other poster coming on and posting cryptically I just don't get it.

Regardless it was a disappointing second half. We played as bad as I've seen in recent memory and our only saving grace is that they weren't able to turn possession into goals in a similar fashion to us on Wednesday (albeit with less chances).

As I said though it was a good win. I'm happy we ultimately managed to ride out the win after a good first half performance.

Let's not try and twist what I said into me being "disappointed about a 0-0 second half to secure an away win?". It was a good overall result with a disappointing second half performance.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I wasn't twisting anything, was just asking a question. Fair enough, be disappointed with the second half - as I said, it doesn't compute with me.

There will be many times in many games where the opposition will play better than us for spells, and/or we play poorly - it's how we deal with it that matters. We've come out with a win and a clean sheet away from home after a long and taxing week, so for me there's nothing to be disappointed about.

Anyway, I know you're not disappointed we won. Mon the Cabbage 💚

worcesterhibby
29-09-2018, 04:19 PM
yes he did, breaking with 4 on three and he passed it up to a st.mirren player, so i'l say again, he gave the ball away cheaply, FACT

Anyone ending a post with the word FACT should be automatically forced to donate £50 to HSL, SUGGESTION!

IWasThere2016
29-09-2018, 04:20 PM
We won on my birthday. Thanks Hibs :greengrin

superfurryhibby
29-09-2018, 04:22 PM
The depth of our squad is a real bonus as we win again, despite some key players being absent. When (if) we get our best 11 out on the park we’ll be quite a side.

Fantastic victory after a greulling midweek tie, a great counter to the result on Tuesday. Can’t wait for the Hamilton game.

we are hibs
29-09-2018, 04:25 PM
Good 3 points. 3 wins in a row in the league. Need to follow it up with a win against Hamilton before the Celtic game

Inconsequential
29-09-2018, 04:25 PM
Free to sign but not free to get in Jan.…. and therefore can't play till the start of next season. :agree:

Inconsequential
29-09-2018, 04:27 PM
We won on my birthday. Thanks Hibs :greengrin Hibbie Birthday!

Crab apple
29-09-2018, 04:31 PM
Good three points. While we're not quite firing on full cylinders you can see there is a steely confidence building in the team.

Ged
29-09-2018, 04:32 PM

Did he do it more than once?

Stevie Reid
29-09-2018, 04:32 PM
As my brother just pointed out to me, no goals conceded since Milligan has played.

Franck Stanton
29-09-2018, 04:33 PM
Winning games when not playing well, is than not a sign of being a Good team ?

Diclonius
As my brother just pointed out to me, no goals conceded since Milligan has played.

Been in the back of my mind too. It looks like he really is turning out to be the player we hoped (needed?) him to be.

superfurryhibby

Rather pleasing viewing ( aside from the obvious).

Allant1981
29-09-2018, 04:34 PM
Winning games when not playing well, is than not a sign of being a Good team ?

yet some still complain

Stevie Reid
29-09-2018, 04:36 PM
Been in the back of my mind too. It looks like he really is turning out to be the player we hoped (needed?) him to be.

On paper he sounded it, and he seems to be exactly that, and more actually.

Thought he'd just be a midfield enforcer, but has so much quality too. Living up to his marquee billing so far. Big character too.

SirDavidsNapper
29-09-2018, 04:40 PM
The huns will put 3 or 4 past them ...

Which huns?

blackpoolhibs
29-09-2018, 04:45 PM
The performance was disappointing in the second half. That's just stating a fact. Obviously getting the win in the end isn't disappointing and anybody claiming that any of us are disappointed with the win can go and do one.

You were moaning like **** about how the worst team on tuesday night won against us, which is it today then?

wookie70
29-09-2018, 04:55 PM
Fair point made about Milligan. We have looked so much better in defence since he came in. He wasn't as tidy on the ball in the second half but that may well be down to a gruelling 90 mins on Tuesday. It didn't stop him slowing down attacks and being a pest though, looks a very good signing so far.

I thought wee Tam was very good in the first half albeit without too much end product. Mallan and a few others really looked out of gas in the last quarter of the game and we did well to hang on for the three points. It is very tough being in the mix as you pretty much have to win every week as the top four or five teams don't lose much. We are starting to turn an average start into a pretty good one despite injuries and who knows how the season will turn out. Some very big games coming up where we can really put the pressure on Hearts and the other teams who will finish in the top 4 or 5. I still think we would really benefit from another striker with some physicality and given the way the league looks it has to be worth speculating to have the chance of some very big prizes.

Oscar T Grouch
29-09-2018, 05:02 PM
They way I see it, St Mirren improved a lot in the 2nd half and Hibs looked heavy legged, probably from the 120 mins played midweek. We defended well in the 2nd half but gave the ball away too cheaply. The crowd was great today and in good voice throughout the game. These sort of games, when you grind out 3points away from home are very important in a league campaign, we closed the game out and took 3 points that’s all that matters, the performance isn’t recorded on the league table just the 3 points we earned.

CMac1988
29-09-2018, 05:18 PM
I wasn't twisting anything, was just asking a question. Fair enough, be disappointed with the second half - as I said, it doesn't compute with me.

There will be many times in many games where the opposition will play better than us for spells, and/or we play poorly - it's how we deal with it that matters. We've come out with a win and a clean sheet away from home after a long and taxing week, so for me there's nothing to be disappointed about.

Anyway, I know you're not disappointed we won. Mon the Cabbage ��

Which is why I said on overall it was good. Just a disappointing second half. Overall I'm pleased.
All good. :aok:

If we can manage 12 from 12 next week I'll be ecstatic. Facing a rough run after that.

I agree with others in that we were heavy legged. One thing I found strange though was moving Ambrose out wide when Whittaker came on. Would have though it would be best to leave the CB pairing alone and just have Gray and Whittaker straight swap.

Ambrose had a great game throughout though as did all of the defence. He was caught flat footed at one stage but I was happy to see him make the effort to track back and chase the player down, something I felt last season was lacking a little. He seems more focused lately which is great for us.

BoomtownHibees
29-09-2018, 05:21 PM

So once?

And using FACT at the end of your post is a shocker, especially when it’s wrong

Hibster
29-09-2018, 05:25 PM
Could probably work out the answer to this myself - but anyone know off the top of their head if we've made a better or worse start to the season than last year? Just curious

Sir David Gray
29-09-2018, 05:26 PM
Not a great performance second half to say the least but we got an away win and kept a clean sheet so I can't have too many complaints.

I would rather today's outcome than what we had on Tuesday with a great performance but ultimately coming up short.

Leith Green
29-09-2018, 05:27 PM
Looking at the fixtures after we beat Killie , i was worried we could find ourselves 10-12 points behind Hearts. To have narrowed the gap after two tricky away games whilst Hearts had two home games will do for me. If we can get the win against hamilton and Hearts lose then its game on. The added bonus for us is 3 clean sheets in a row now.

hibsbollah
29-09-2018, 05:29 PM
We're second in the league, despite losing our best two (three if include Allan?) midfielders in the summer.
Absolutely take that at this stage.

1875M
29-09-2018, 05:30 PM
Could probably work out the answer to this myself - but anyone know off the top of their head if we've made a better or worse start to the season than last year? Just curious

14 points out of 21 this season, 12 out of 21 last season after 7 games

Hibster
29-09-2018, 05:33 PM
14 points out of 21 this season, 12 out of 21 last season after 7 games

Cheers

Borderhibbie76
29-09-2018, 05:37 PM
As my brother just pointed out to me, no goals conceded since Milligan has played.Yup it's no coincidence is it?? Ever since he came in we just look much more solid

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
29-09-2018, 05:39 PM
You were moaning like **** about how the worst team on tuesday night won against us, which is it today then?Can't believe how some are being critical of 2nd half...we were bound to tire against a fresh st mirren after midweek..just a shame we didn't capitalise more when on top in 1st half...but I for one don't care all that matters is another 3 pts

Borderhibbie76
29-09-2018, 05:42 PM
14 points out of 21 this season, 12 out of 21 last season after 7 gamesYet we've had an average start according to some?? If it wasn't for Hearts start we'd all be rejoicing at this...and we still should be given the summer rebuild

BoomtownHibees
29-09-2018, 05:50 PM
Can't believe how some are being critical of 2nd half...we were bound to tire against a fresh st mirren after midweek..just a shame we didn't capitalise more when on top in 1st half...but I for one don't care all that matters is another 3 pts

I don’t care either now that the 3 points are in the bag but I think being critical of the 2nd half performance is acceptable considering how poor we were in comparison to the first. Obviously there were contributing factors such as the minutes played during the week however the performance level in the 2nd half wasn’t great

Leith Green
29-09-2018, 05:53 PM
Can't believe how some are being critical of 2nd half...we were bound to tire against a fresh st mirren after midweek..just a shame we didn't capitalise more when on top in 1st half...but I for one don't care all that matters is another 3 pts

Successful teams grind results out .. Thats where we have gone wrong when we have had decent sides in the past , if we didnt play well then we would drop points. This team is capable of doing both 👍

Borderhibbie76
29-09-2018, 05:57 PM
Successful teams grind results out .. Thats where we have gone wrong when we have had decent sides in the past , if we didnt play well then we would drop points. This team is capable of doing both [emoji106]Absolutely...and st mirren away is not an easy fixture as Celtic found out 2 weeks ago...was always gonna be a win ugly occasion today after 120 mins plus pens on Tues night whilst they had a free midweek. Not to mention missing 3 of our best players today in Hanlon, Boyler and Jamie Mac

Just Jimmy
29-09-2018, 06:49 PM
we played 120 mins mid week and suffered the disappointment of losing after hammering Aberdeen. I'd say today was a cracking result to bouce back even if we did tire or whatever.

Lennons Hibs- different beast.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Lago
29-09-2018, 07:05 PM
Yup it's no coincidence is it?? Ever since he came in we just look much more solid

Although the point you've made previously about being light on the striking front was there for all to see in the 2nd half.

IGRIGI
29-09-2018, 07:18 PM
We'd have lost that under Mowbray and co.

bingo70
29-09-2018, 07:22 PM
We'd have lost that under Mowbray and co.

Completely agree.

Am I right in saying we went something like a year without an away win under Mowbray? I may be exaggerating but I’m sure it was a terrible run

Robbo6-2
29-09-2018, 08:00 PM
Horgan was poor again, had a good couple of games at the start but been terrible today and at Dundee

Still can't believe he missed that chance.

BS44
29-09-2018, 08:30 PM
Horgan was poor again, had a good couple of games at the start but been terrible today and at Dundee

Still can't believe he missed that chance.

Okay, I'm old enough.

Rotten username. Robbo scored 27 times for the charity thieves against us.

SideBurns
29-09-2018, 08:36 PM
Okay, I'm old enough.

Rotten username. Robbo scored 27 times for the charity thieves against us.

Horgan missed a really good chance, but played well apart from that - great energy and desire.

Hiber-nation
29-09-2018, 08:56 PM
Completely agree.

Am I right in saying we went something like a year without an away win under Mowbray? I may be exaggerating but I’m sure it was a terrible run

I don't know why Mowbray is being brought into this but we went about 6 months without an away win in the league under Mowbray in 2005-06. I'm sure it was from November to the end of the season. We did win 5-1 at Falkirk in the Cup in that period.

BS44
29-09-2018, 09:12 PM
Horgan missed a really good chance, but played well apart from that - great energy and desire.

Thought he didn't make much impact on the game today which was disappointing as he didn't take part on Wednesday against the Aberdonian bigots.

SideBurns
29-09-2018, 09:18 PM
Thought he didn't make much impact on the game today which was disappointing as he didn't take part on Wednesday against the Aberdonian bigots.

I'm more intrigued that a imposter pretending to be one of the good guys is still posting in here with that username

He put Shaw through in injury time but Oli took too long to shoot. I'd agree Horgan didn't create much but I like his drive and he always wants the ball. He's probably the closest we've got to SJM in the current squad, but I don't want to provoke unfair comparisons this early in his career at Hibs. As for the poster - eh, aye...

bingo70
29-09-2018, 09:21 PM
I don't know why Mowbray is being brought into this but we went about 6 months without an away win in the league under Mowbray in 2005-06. I'm sure it was from November to the end of the season. We did win 5-1 at Falkirk in the Cup in that period.

I think it’s because Mowbrays team is held in such high esteem (deservedly so as well), they’re the obvious team for this side to be compared against.

Fife-Hibee
29-09-2018, 09:33 PM
You were moaning like **** about how the worst team on tuesday night won against us, which is it today then?

Oh i'm sorry, I must not have been clear when I said I was "delighted that we won".

I'll say it in large bold font next time for the hard of reading.

blackpoolhibs
30-09-2018, 09:02 AM
Oh i'm sorry, I must not have been clear when I said I was "delighted that we won".

I'll say it in large bold font next time for the hard of reading.

Or perhaps you could be consistent with your criticism? :rolleyes:

J-C
01-10-2018, 08:55 AM
It was a good result but a wee bit concerned about not enough chances being converted, even Lennon said the same in his after game interview, playing very well but need to improve our scoring percentage.

blackpoolhibs
01-10-2018, 12:23 PM
It was a good result but a wee bit concerned about not enough chances being converted, even Lennon said the same in his after game interview, playing very well but need to improve our scoring percentage.

I'd like us to score more goals, but we are the leagues top scorers, and grinding out results when not scoring many like Saturday is very good too. :thumbsup:

J-C
01-10-2018, 04:32 PM
I'd like us to score more goals, but we are the leagues top scorers, and grinding out results when not scoring many like Saturday is very good too. :thumbsup:

Not quite, Rangers are with 15, we're 2nd top with Hearts but as I did say it was a good win, just the last 2 games we've created a load of chances and scored one, if we were not creating all those chances I'd be more worried but I'm not, gotta win ugly sometimes too.