PDA

View Full Version : Conrad Logan - Semi Final

spike220
29-09-2018, 09:38 AM
Did anyone think this guy was gonna do the business prior to kick-off?

was anyone in the know about what he was capable of??

I remember seeing him and thought we were in trouble if he was our emergency replacement.

I then sat and watched the best display of Hibs GK in my lifetime.

So much so when it went it penalties I was very confident.

Even though he only played a couple of games for us he will go down as Hibs legend for all time.

There must be a book in this.

Eyrie
29-09-2018, 09:42 AM
I've just referred to him in the "better than expected signings" thread as a "fat unfit git" when he first appeared.

He looked like a fan who'd won a lucky dip to be in the team, giving no reason to believe in him. What little I knew about was what I'd read on here - an OK goalkeeper in his day but hadn't played for over a year due to serious injury.

120 minutes and penalties later, I was a believer.

HibeeHibernian4
29-09-2018, 09:47 AM
I was absolutely terrified and thought our chances of getting to the final were dead and buried. Didn’t even watch what he was doing in the warm up, was just staring at him.

danhibees1875
29-09-2018, 10:20 AM
I remember walking down the stairs to my seat and looking at him and realising he was the new goalkeeper who was starting today... I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Doesn't need said that those thoughts were quickly put to bed as he produced a remarkable display from there.

IGRIGI
29-09-2018, 10:37 AM
I was fully expecting a Tony Caig performance but I'll never forget that first block when the UTD player was clean through for a 1 on 1.

SlickShoes
29-09-2018, 10:42 AM
Before the game it felt a lot like what the semi final vs hearts was like when I walked in and saw our depleted team and Zibi in goals, just felt all wrong.

I was so happy when he made the first 1v1 stop, and quickly realised he knew what he was doing and he went on to have a fantastic game basically single handedly taking us through to the final.

SouthMoroccoStu
29-09-2018, 10:43 AM
Did anyone think this guy was gonna do the business prior to kick-off?

No and if anyone says they did they’re liars

I was petrified as he’s the same shape as my 66 year old dad!

But what a legend! The finest debut in hibs history!

Famous Fiver
29-09-2018, 11:12 AM
The Ballad of Conrad Logan.

Never tire of watching it.

Lemonade
29-09-2018, 11:32 AM
I could not believe the size of him when I saw him :greengrin

What a performance though and absolutely deserved his place in the final.
Now a legend.

Long live Conrad Logan

JimboHibs
29-09-2018, 11:34 AM
I love him as a goalkeeper and as a person.

Bostonhibby
29-09-2018, 11:35 AM

Brilliant, I absolutely love the guy but I'll confess that I was at the semi and the final and when he rolled up against UTD I had my doubts, being a fan of Tubby Morton who frequently saved the day for Melchester Rovers I gave him the benefit of those doubts.

Ashamed to say it didn't stop me laughing when my mate called him two sheds Logan, his logic being that Conrad at the time wouldn't fit into one shed.

A proper Cup Final Legend for me.

wpj
29-09-2018, 11:42 AM
He is an absolute legend. Some great interviews on YouTube one with Packie Bonner another Donegal keeper which was after the United game and before the final
I really hope he gets back to ER, never pay for a pint in Leith again.

ChicoM1875
29-09-2018, 12:06 PM
This game was one of my favourite Hibs memories. Looked at the big man and couldn't believe he was playing. His presence, saves and intimidation of the United players in the shootout was fairy tale stuff

spike220
29-09-2018, 07:54 PM
He is an absolute legend. Some great interviews on YouTube one with Packie Bonner another Donegal keeper which was after the United game and before the final
I really hope he gets back to ER, never pay for a pint in Leith again.

My thoughts exactly. Surely he must now consider living in Edinburgh when he retires. Free drinks for life I would have thought.And a job either as a coach or in the hospitality suite.

He needs a song!

The Harp Awakes
29-09-2018, 08:02 PM
One of the greatest football stories of all time. Given our origins, amazing how 2 Irishmen (Conrad and Stokesy) should be so instrumental in bringing back the trophy to Easter Road after 114 years. Fate.

Bishop Hibee
29-09-2018, 08:16 PM
I couldn’t believe my eyes. Looked like he’d got the XXXL sized goalie top. Put in an MoM performance. I remember Budgie tweeting post-match much the same but admitting he shouldn’t have judged the book by the cover. Logan is a Hibs legend.

Lancs Harp
29-09-2018, 08:20 PM
Agree with much of what has been said. Saw him come out and had to do a double take. "hes a bit porky" was my initial and over riding thought, but my God what a performance, he was sensational. His moment in time, help make our moment in time. Legend for me.

muzzhfc
29-09-2018, 08:25 PM
I thought our chances were as high as finding Maddie McCann. Legend and will never have to buy a pint down leith again

GreenCastle
29-09-2018, 08:35 PM
It's an incredible story.

He came out of no where - pretty much won us the semi final then was part of the legends team that won the cup.

For those who haven't watched the Cup Final DVD yet it's the best DVD ever made.

I hope they have a 10 year anniversary meal / event and have all the cup winning legends back in a huge sold out arena where we can all salute the heroes.

Lancs Harp
29-09-2018, 08:38 PM
He should have caught Hallidays pea roller in the final though the fat bassa :greengrin:wink: fancy letting that prick score against us.:greengrin

wpj
29-09-2018, 08:45 PM
https://www.donegalnow.com/sport/conrad-logan-receive-professional-sport-achievement-award/138764

Class

SCHAEDYSHORTS
29-09-2018, 09:05 PM
Not sure I’ve ever seen as big a goalie top on a professional player, have to admit I thought he disaster written over him.....turned in a massive performance for all the right reasons, there was a save he made one onto one where I’m sure his sheer physical presence unnerved the United player when he was odds onto score:not worth :not worth:not worth

Dashing Bob S
29-09-2018, 09:07 PM
Mr Incredible

TheHarpy76
29-09-2018, 09:42 PM
As I said in the “better than expected” thread, he was either going to be a hero or an utter nightmare. There was never going to be any middle ground with him.

Loved him and gutted we didn’t sign him permanently.

huggie1875
29-09-2018, 09:47 PM
when I saw him I just said "Oh no"

Pete
29-09-2018, 11:53 PM
After seeing him I was scared but after the one on ones he saved, I didn't think fir a minute we'd lose that shoot out. Even though they'd been all over us and had a better keeper in goals.

Some things are just meant to be, they're written in the stars and that game has to be one of the best I've ever been to. Just as much part of the legend as the final.

That's also a game I associate Mr. Cummings with too. His grin as he took the ball and walked up to take the winning pen!

AFKA5814_Hibs
30-09-2018, 12:00 AM
Nobody thought he would do the heroics he did that day. IIRC every save he made in the Semi Final were greeted with cheers from Hibs fans. I think that probably helped his confidence that day. Maybe it was just fate what happened with Oxley in the Quarter Final that allowed Logan to get the gig for the rest of the season.

Haymaker
30-09-2018, 12:32 AM
He should have caught Hallidays pea roller in the final though the fat bassa :greengrin:wink: fancy letting that prick score against us.:greengrin

Absolute disgrace that was. I walked out the stadium the moment it hit the net and Halliday signalled that the cup was The Rangers.

Never bothered to find out the final score either. Could anyone enlighten me?

Bostonhibby
30-09-2018, 12:43 AM
Absolute disgrace that was. I walked out the stadium the moment it hit the net and Halliday signalled that the cup was The Rangers.

Never bothered to find out the final score either. Could anyone enlighten me?So you were a plod working for police Glasgow on the day then?

How close did you get to the party at the now defunct Glasgow rangers stadium before your boss **** himself and had to call you all back? [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Haymaker
30-09-2018, 01:48 AM
So you were a plod working for police Glasgow on the day then?

How close did you get to the party at the now defunct Glasgow rangers stadium before your boss **** himself and had to call you all back? [emoji6]

Was on the pitch at Ibrox before I got the call. Didn't even get OT. Disgraceful.

Hibs07p
30-09-2018, 03:02 AM

Just watched it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7by4HbKrETg

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

Northernhibee
30-09-2018, 08:33 AM
As I said in the “better than expected” thread, he was either going to be a hero or an utter nightmare. There was never going to be any middle ground with him.

Loved him and gutted we didn’t sign him permanently.

I think it’s for the best tbh. The other games we forget about suggest he’s an average quality keeper at best and it could have tarnished our memories of his legendary stint with us had he stayed on.

Smartie
30-09-2018, 08:43 AM
So you were a plod working for police Glasgow on the day then?

I'm still at Ibrox waiting for the after game party.

Where is everyone?

Bostonhibby
30-09-2018, 09:13 AM
I'm still at Ibrox waiting for the after game party.

Where is everyone?They did walking away. Again.