Good on them. I wish we'd banned the Daily Record after cup final

Sir David Gray
29-09-2018, 08:07 AM
Gonny make it into a link, please.

(Go to default site, click Edit, then Save,) 👍

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/club-statement-the-scottish-sun/

Carheenlea
29-09-2018, 08:12 AM
Newspapers are so irrelevant in the modern day I don’t understand why folk get so angry with certain publications. At one time they did have a lot of influence, proper sports writers with close contacts to clubs and large readerships, but those days have long gone.

Wee Effen Bee
29-09-2018, 08:13 AM
That really is disgraceful from that rag...again! Well done Livingston for banning them but also running the groups in the first place. It sounds as if they are running their programme based on ACEs research which is rapidly becoming a huge movement to help support young people in society. Very commendable - good luck to Livi and Fk the S*n!

hibbydog
29-09-2018, 08:18 AM
Well done Livingston.

The only thing I believe in the sun and daily record is the date, but only once I check it with a more credible source.

hibsbollah
29-09-2018, 08:19 AM
Newspapers are so irrelevant in the modern day I don’t understand why folk get so angry with certain publications. At one time they did have a lot of influence, proper sports writers with close contacts to clubs and large readerships, but those days have long gone.

I don't think they are long gone at all. Social media has changed the habits of some of us, not all. Lots of people still access their news from traditional sources. In terms of The Sun, people still get angry because they lie about dead football fans, hack murdered girls phones and are complicit in government cover-up. And there never seems to be any punishment because the editors wield as much power as any politician.

Bostonhibby
29-09-2018, 08:27 AM
I don't think they are long gone at all. Social media has changed the habits of some of us, not all. Lots of people still access their news from traditional sources. In terms of The Sun, people still get angry because they lie about dead football fans, hack murdered girls phones and are complicit in government cover-up. And there never seems to be any punishment because the editors wield as much power as any politician.

:top marks Exactly how I see it.

Obnoxious, toxic rag, and its not the only one. I rarely buy a newspaper these days and whilst I always treated them with a healthy scepticism when I did buy it's been interesting to see what they used to be able to hide being regularly exposed, nowhere near enough prosecutions and that lies in the political allegiances they formed and who they have what dirt on.

Dancehibs
29-09-2018, 08:30 AM
Pity hibs board didn’t have the balls to ban daily sevco and Jackson

Hibernian32
29-09-2018, 08:54 AM
The s*n is a disgraceful paper any hibs fan I see one with gets it whipped out there hand we don't stand for that *****

Allant1981
29-09-2018, 08:58 AM
The s*n is a disgraceful paper any hibs fan I see one with gets it whipped out there hand we don't stand for that *****

pretty sure thats lies but ok, all newspapers are as bad as each other

Hibernian32
29-09-2018, 09:19 AM
pretty sure thats lies but ok, all newspapers are as bad as each other

Okay agreed I don't do that I was over reacting, but I have pulled up a few in boozers or on trains, I'm a massive Liverpool supporter and my grandad is a scouser born, papers are bad but the sun is the worst don't lie about people stealing from their dead family's and all the other disgusting lies that rag prinited. That paper tarnished a city and made grieving family's life's hell

Allant1981
29-09-2018, 09:25 AM
Okay agreed I don't do that I was over reacting, but I have pulled up a few in boozers or on trains, I'm a massive Liverpool supporter and my grandad is a scouser born, papers are bad but the sun is the worst don't lie about people stealing from their dead family's and all the other disgusting lies that rag prinited. That paper tarnished a city and made grieving family's life's hell

yip totally disgusting what they put in their paper but we have the luxury of deciding for ourselves what we read and to criticise anyone for their choice of paper is wrong

BroxburnHibee
29-09-2018, 09:28 AM
Any chance of a copy and paste? Refuse to rise to their clickbait

aljo7-0
29-09-2018, 09:32 AM
The link is to Livingstones website not the rag

SRHibs
29-09-2018, 09:44 AM
Remember, don’t click Livingston’s website link. If you do, you’re supporting a convicted Cocaine dealer!

Sir David Gray
29-09-2018, 09:49 AM

It's a link to the Livingston website, not The Sun.

Heisenberg
29-09-2018, 09:52 AM
Remember, don’t click Livingston’s website link. If you do, you’re supporting a convicted Cocaine dealer!

I refuse to click their links. Horrible club. Booooo.

SirDavidsNapper
29-09-2018, 10:03 AM
I refuse to click their links. Horrible club. Booooo.

Yup. Just behind Hearts and the Glasgow two for me

lapsedhibee
29-09-2018, 11:17 AM
I don't mind getting my hands dirty but Copy & Paste is disabled on the Livi website. Computer says "Oh no you don't!"

Peevemor
29-09-2018, 11:31 AM
Screenshot 1https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180929/6cef1c2ea05cc4ceb3aa33157dfe8aad.jpg

Peevemor
29-09-2018, 11:32 AM
Screenshot 2https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180929/c4cc5639fe4df7e438a5df06dd015add.jpg

TelaStella
29-09-2018, 12:37 PM
Good. F*** the sun [emoji1303].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SonOfDavidFrancey
29-09-2018, 12:55 PM
I didn’t approve of Sevco banning the BBC and though I sympathise with Livi here I think there are ‘proper channels’ for them to make complaints about the press.

Fife-Hibee
29-09-2018, 01:09 PM
Good on them. I wish we'd banned the Daily Record after cup final

It really grinds on me that this paper is still bought and making money as a result. Even with their most recent farce, people will still buy it. Every bit as bad as the Sun, Mail and Express.

brog
29-09-2018, 04:09 PM

Spot on! Brexit would probably not have happened without the Mail, Sun & Express non stop propaganda.

Silky
29-09-2018, 05:05 PM
I understand why Livi have done this, and I cannot stomach that newspaper but if the article is untrue as alleged, then the Court of Session is where this should be played out-not via a statement on the web.

The fact that the club have admitted in their statement that this avenue is not being explored suggests to me that there are unanswered questions: How do Livi know the "empty bag" had not contained cocaine? Has it been tested? Why was said bag in the toilet?

Given the history surrounding the assistant manager of the club and in the absence of any contradictory explanation from Livi, I'm not sure there is enough evidence to suggest that there has been, as they state, a "despicable misrepresentation of the facts"!

leggeto
29-09-2018, 05:07 PM
**** the sun

Tinribs
29-09-2018, 05:15 PM
I understand why Livi have done this, and I cannot stomach that newspaper but if the article is untrue as alleged, then the Court of Session is where this should be played out-not via a statement on the web.

The fact that the club have admitted in their statement that this avenue is not being explored suggests to me that there are unanswered questions: How do Livi know the "empty bag" had not contained cocaine? Has it been tested? Why was said bag in the toilet?

Given the history surrounding the assistant manager of the club and in the absence of any contradictory explanation from Livi, I'm not sure there is enough evidence to suggest that there has been, as they state, a "despicable misrepresentation of the facts"!
Substituting a picture of a full bag of marching powder instead of an empty bag is part of what they are peeved at.

LustForLeith
29-09-2018, 05:15 PM
So were drugs found at the club?

Silky
29-09-2018, 05:19 PM

That's the thing. For all the bluster Livi haven't actually denied it.

silverhibee
29-09-2018, 05:23 PM

No, just a empty bag with a powder residue in it, the sun have a picture with a bag of powder which is very misleading.

Doug Walker needs this story to keep his bigot fans of the front page.

MWHIBBIES
29-09-2018, 05:25 PM

Probably, if not they'd find plenty at the college nearby.

Silky
29-09-2018, 05:31 PM
No, just a empty bag with a powder residue in it, the sun have a picture with a bag of powder which is very misleading.

Doug Walker needs this story to keep his bigot fans of the front page.

I agree the picture is misleading. However, there has been no explanation from the club what this "powder residue" was and why it was in the bogs. And, ultimately, no denial of the allegation that it was cocaine.

Neither party in this covers themselves in glory!

silverhibee
29-09-2018, 05:46 PM
I agree the picture is misleading. However, there has been no explanation from the club what this "powder residue" was and why it was in the bogs. And, ultimately, no denial of the allegation that it was cocaine.

Neither party in this covers themselves in glory!

Why is this even a story though, wouldn't surprise me if these kind of empty bags with residue in them are found in football stadiums across Scotland every week, why is the sun making a deal of this at all, Livi can't search everyone that enters it stadium, it's a non story but not like the sun to dig up any crap to discredit a club, and yet the main man at the sun was defending the bigot hertz fans the other week back. Deary me Doug

Silky
29-09-2018, 06:02 PM
Why is this even a story though, wouldn't surprise me if these kind of empty bags with residue in them are found in football stadiums across Scotland every week, why is the sun making a deal of this at all, Livi can't search everyone that enters it stadium, it's a non story but not like the sun to dig up any crap to discredit a club, and yet the main man at the sun was defending the bigot hertz fans the other week back. Deary me Doug

I only think they have ran with it because of Martindale and his past.

Smartie
29-09-2018, 06:43 PM
Empty bag found at football ground.

It's shameful the way they've twisted this and Livi are perfectly within their rights to act as they have.

I'm not normally a fan of banning certain publications (as it normally just gets backs up and results in further bad press) but you can't just let that pass.

Good for them.

brianmc
29-09-2018, 07:44 PM
Empty bag found at football ground.

It's shameful the way they've twisted this and Livi are perfectly within their rights to act as they have.

I'm not normally a fan of banning certain publications (as it normally just gets backs up and results in further bad press) but you can't just let that pass.

Good for them.

It's not just an 'empty bag found at football ground' though is it?

It's a bag with suspected Class A drugs found in the changing room of a Premier League club - a changing room used by kids clubs as well as LFC.

I for one think Livingston doth protest too much!

Their reasoning being that the paper ran a "stock photo image" of a small bag of white powder...... What else was the editor meant to use (assuming Livi never supplied a photo of the actual bag!!)?

There's definitely more to this than meets the eye on first glance and most on here seem to be letting their hatred for the paper blind them to that.

Smartie
29-09-2018, 09:08 PM

It's a bag with suspected Class A drugs found in the changing room of a Premier League club - a changing room used by kids clubs as well as LFC.

Their reasoning being that the paper ran a "stock photo image" of a small bag of white powder...... What else was the editor meant to use (assuming Livi never supplied a photo of the actual bag!!)?

There's definitely more to this than meets the eye on first glance and most on here seem to be letting their hatred for the paper blind them to that.

I don't know, is it?

Some of the hate-fuelled stuff said about the Sun is ridiculous, but they deserve to be called out when they cross a line, as they have here and have done on several occasions in the past.

Betty Boop
30-09-2018, 08:03 AM

Oh you're so hard. Not a fan of the Sun by any means, but who are you to tell any fan what paper they should read ?

lapsedhibee
30-09-2018, 08:12 AM

Shirley even Sun Readers can understand from text alone what 'bag' means.

BoomtownHibees
30-09-2018, 08:14 AM
Shirley even Sun Readers can understand from text alone what 'bag' means.

Should have used a pic of Budge

Chic Murray
30-09-2018, 08:35 AM
Jeez, that's gonna hurt!

Is something Rupert Murdoch is probably not saying to his wife right now.

Forza Fred
30-09-2018, 10:02 AM
Livingston don’t need to ban the sun.

Every time I’ve been there it’s always been phishing down with rain already.

BullsCloseHibs
30-09-2018, 01:57 PM
Does anyone still buy newspapers? Thing of the past, no?

Allant1981
30-09-2018, 02:44 PM
Does anyone still buy newspapers? Thing of the past, no?

clearly not

monktonharp
01-10-2018, 12:49 AM
Spot on! Brexit would probably not have happened without the Mail, Sun & Express non stop propaganda.:agree:thats what makes it all the better. all those that eventually find out the mess we will be in next March, will realise what they have done . those papers, mainly the Sun, and express with their little England values have helped bring the whole country to its knees, begging for a way out of the impending shambles

Deansy
01-10-2018, 01:29 AM
This passed me by:

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/club-statement-the-scottish-sun/

Great move, hope it starts a nationwide trend !

Hibernian32
01-10-2018, 02:06 AM
Oh you're so hard. Not a fan of the Sun by any means, but who are you to tell any fan what paper they should read ?
Ok if that's the case then who are these people telling hibs fans to stop singing pro IRA songs? What right do they have to them what to do? How dare you tell them not chuck flares, Voicing my opinion in the same way I'm just educating some people on what the thing they are reading stands for.
back in yer box yah pellet if you read the post below it I said " obviously I don't do that "

GordonHFC
01-10-2018, 02:21 AM
Surely finding an empty bag is enough for the powers that be to nullify yesterday's result and award the 3 pts to The Rangers?

PatHead
01-10-2018, 12:43 PM
Funny how the story came out just as they were about to play sevco.