28-09-2018, 07:44 PM
😲

monktonharp
28-09-2018, 07:52 PM
link anyone? any Owls oot and aboot, gies a hoot

Lancs Harp
28-09-2018, 07:53 PM
I'll transfer to this thread from the wednesday night one :greengrin

Hertha still 2 up against Bayern after an hour. Second half is one way traffic though as Bayern try to get back into it. Hertha holding on well so far.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-09-2018, 07:59 PM
Brilliant equaliser too.

Lancs Harp
28-09-2018, 08:01 PM
Bristol City 1 Villa 1 at half time.

weecounty hibby
28-09-2018, 08:03 PM
Bristol City 1 Villa 1 at half time.

I'm watching this on the sky red button, I really miss Super John😀. It's not been a great game by any stretch of the imagination

weecounty hibby
28-09-2018, 08:15 PM
SJM almost scores another screamer. Villa fans singing our Super John song😞

Lancs Harp
28-09-2018, 08:26 PM
Hertha beat Bayern 2-0, the first time they have beaten them since 2009.

Bishop Hibee
28-09-2018, 08:48 PM
So Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich have all lost in the last few days in 90 minutes. Even the best can’t win them all.

Hiber-nation
28-09-2018, 08:54 PM
SJM almost scores another screamer. Villa fans singing our Super John song😞

Apart from that it's been a dreadful 2nd half. Villa look poor and the fans are raging at Bruce again.

PatHead
28-09-2018, 08:59 PM
Apart from that it's been a dreadful 2nd half. Villa look poor and the fans are raging at Bruce again.

Agree, that was absolutely pathetic. SJM hardly got a touch of the ball. It all had to go through Grealish on the other side. Villa ‘s loss.

Jonnyboy
28-09-2018, 09:16 PM
I'm watching this on the sky red button, I really miss Super John😀. It's not been a great game by any stretch of the imagination

I watched it and found it as dull as dishwater. Very poor quality and the Sky camerawork was clearly a job experience bloke with a GoPro :greengrin

SJM didn't really feature much but I have to say I think Villa will ditch Steve Bruce because none of his players appeared to know what system they were meant to be playing.

Mango Man
28-09-2018, 09:27 PM
Agree, that was absolutely pathetic. SJM hardly got a touch of the ball. It all had to go through Grealish on the other side. Villa ‘s loss.

That Grealish is a greedy git, watched a few Villa games now and don't see the hype, just tries to do everything himself, McGinn honestly has looked the better player every game I've seen.

JimBHibees
28-09-2018, 09:36 PM
That Grealish is a greedy git, watched a few Villa games now and don't see the hype, just tries to do everything himself, McGinn honestly has looked the better player every game I've seen.

Quite simply because he is a much better player.

cameronw-hfc
28-09-2018, 09:42 PM
Quite simply because he is a much better player.

As someone whos second team is villa and I'd say I get to see most if not all their games over the past few seasons I'd say McGinn is still a bit behind Grealish. He's a player who despite having not the greatest stats, he more or less single handedly carried Villa for 3/4 of last season. If he's not directly involved with the goals they come from his runs or his passes in behind. Think McGinn could be as good if he was able to continue to perform how he does, and I hope he does, but atm Grealish still edges it for me.

EH54
29-09-2018, 12:36 AM
As someone whos second team is villa and I'd say I get to see most if not all their games over the past few seasons I'd say McGinn is still a bit behind Grealish. He's a player who despite having not the greatest stats, he more or less single handedly carried Villa for 3/4 of last season. If he's not directly involved with the goals they come from his runs or his passes in behind. Think McGinn could be as good if he was able to continue to perform how he does, and I hope he does, but atm Grealish still edges it for me.

If he would sort that haircut and pull his socks up he could be even better..in seriousness I don't see the hype, everytime I watch him he's non existent.

weecounty hibby
29-09-2018, 06:37 AM

I've watched a lot of Villa since McGinn signed for them and I think Grealish flatters to deceive. He also seems reluctant to play simple passes, especially to McGinn! There is a lot of very average players in that team and I think they will struggle to go up again this season