PDA

View Full Version : Who is our best player, and our most valuable one?

Hibbyradge
28-09-2018, 05:27 PM
I'm interested in people's thoughts on this. Last season we'd be considering SJM, Dylan and Scott Allen along with Flo and to a lesser extent, Efe, but things have changed considerably.

Now, I think we don't have too many stand outs, but these are my choices, fwiw;

Best player: Efe

Most valuable: Flo

Northernhibee
28-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Milligan and Mallan.

Smartie
28-09-2018, 05:29 PM
Best - Kamberi

Most valuable - probably Porteous

Lancs Harp
28-09-2018, 05:30 PM
Early days yet this season but:

Milligan as our best player (or I think he will prove to be)

Porteous will be our next valuable asset.

BILLYHIBS
28-09-2018, 05:30 PM
I'm interested in people's thoughts on this. Last season we'd be considering SJM, Dylan and Scott Allen along with Flo and to a lesser extent, Efe, but things have changed considerably.

best player Flo

Most valuable Porteous ( in the long run )

wookie70
28-09-2018, 05:34 PM
What is your value referring to. Is it value to the team, if so I would go Flo or value in monitory terms in which case I wouldn't be sure. I think our best player is Efe but he certainly has the capability to be our worst on rare occasions.

beensaidbefore
28-09-2018, 05:41 PM
Was looking this the other day. Thought it was quite interesting. A few surprises. Whittaker is the player who has been valued the highest in our whole squad. Bogdan and Hyndland valued at 1million...

https://www.transfermarkt.com/hibernian-fc/kader/verein/903

Allant1981
28-09-2018, 05:58 PM
Was looking this the other day. Thought it was quite interesting. A few surprises. Whittaker is the player who has been valued the highest in our whole squad. Bogdan and Hyndland valued at 1million...

https://www.transfermarkt.com/hibernian-fc/kader/verein/903

maybe im looking at it wrong but whittaker isnt valued the highest, plus id take all that with a pinch of salt

Nameless
28-09-2018, 06:02 PM
Best: By seasons end, I think Horgan.
Most Valuable: Bogdan.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

beensaidbefore
28-09-2018, 06:04 PM
If you click on the individual players it shows you how their value has fluctuated over their career. I agree that its probably a lot of Tom kite but thought it was interesting nonetheless.

HibeeDaz6270
28-09-2018, 06:33 PM
Kamberi for both.

We really need him up top & when it comes to a player in the current squad who could attract a decent fee, i think Kamberi would top that list.

heretoday
28-09-2018, 06:44 PM
Mallan and Porteous.

Allant1981
28-09-2018, 06:47 PM
Mallan and Porteous.

sorry but porteous is no where near our most valuable player, he may well turn out that way in a few years but there are quite a few who would command more of a fee just now

RoscoHibby
28-09-2018, 07:01 PM
Interesting gray, lewis, mcgregor,marv n efe all out of contract at end of this season. Wonder if we'll offer any new deals before Xmas before they can talk to other clubs..

Hibbyradge
28-09-2018, 07:26 PM
What is your value referring to. Is it value to the team, if so I would go Flo or value in monitory terms in which case I wouldn't be sure. I think our best player is Efe but he certainly has the capability to be our worst on rare occasions.

I was meaning valuable in monetary terms.

DH1875
28-09-2018, 07:32 PM
Kamberi for both.

We really need him up top & when it comes to a player in the current squad who could attract a decent fee, i think Kamberi would top that list.

Agree :agree:

danhibees1875
28-09-2018, 07:36 PM
Most valuable is Kamberi I reckon.

I'm not sure who the best is though. We have a decent squad of solid players who do what they do well - but no particular standouts at the moment I don't think.

Ozyhibby
28-09-2018, 09:15 PM
Stevie Mallan. He’s going to end the season with about 10-15 goals and about the same assists. That does not go unnoticed down south. He’s a quality player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMAXXA
28-09-2018, 09:17 PM
Kamberi both as has been said above he daaa Mann

jacomo
28-09-2018, 09:19 PM

Think Efe might be the most valuable because he’s only 27 or 28 so his prime years are ahead of him.

:wink:

Sir David Gray
28-09-2018, 09:23 PM
I would say Kamberi to both of these.

The guy's quality.

Dashing Bob S
28-09-2018, 09:27 PM
Louis Stevenson, mister reliable. Take a bow son.

Hibby70
28-09-2018, 10:45 PM
Louis Stevenson, mister reliable. Take a bow son.

The rights to Treasure Island alone must be worth a fortune

Gaffer1875
28-09-2018, 10:47 PM
Best - Efe or Horgan
Most valuable - Flo but in time Porteous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Horde
28-09-2018, 10:49 PM
Best - Flo

Most valuable - Boyle

pacoluna
28-09-2018, 10:50 PM
Ambrose and Kamberi.

southern hibby
28-09-2018, 11:33 PM
Best Neil Lennon,

Most Valuable Neil Lennon

GGTTH

stoneyburn hibs
29-09-2018, 12:26 AM
Mallan

Mallan

Come the season end he will be the man.

Since90+2
29-09-2018, 08:42 AM
Kamberi is both our best player and our most valuable. Give it 18 months or so and Porteuos could potentially be worth a lot of money.

Smartie
29-09-2018, 08:53 AM
When working out "most valuable" I went with "most likely to be attractive to clubs down South".

Mallan has already tried his luck down South, and I don't think he'll ever have the athleticism to crack it there.

Porteous looks like he has all of the physical attributes to be a success there, but he needs to refine his technique with experience before he'd attract interest. When you are making significant contribution for you country at any age level though you will attract interest.

If Flo scores this season at the rate he did last season then he'll get attention.

BILLYHIBS
29-09-2018, 09:07 AM
When working out "most valuable" I went with "most likely to be attractive to clubs down South".

Mallan has already tried his luck down South, and I don't think he'll ever have the athleticism to crack it there.

Porteous looks like he has all of the physical attributes to be a success there, but he needs to refine his technique with experience before he'd attract interest. When you are making significant contribution for you country at any age level though you will attract interest.

If Flo scores this season at the rate he did last season then he'll get attention.

Flos biggest problem will be keeping fit especially getting played as the lone striker where he is bound to attract attention from opposition centre half’s I still feel he is not up to the level he was at last season as he has been hindered by injury so far this season but getting better every game the fact he seemed to pick up a sore one late on against Aberdeen is a case in point

Greenbeard
29-09-2018, 09:12 AM
I know by "value" you mean in terms of transfer £, but in terms of value to the team, def Lewis. I think he is the player we would miss most if he was out. Melon is untried yet.

MyJo
29-09-2018, 10:16 AM
Best player ability wise is a tie between Horgan and Kamberi for me.

Most valuable player in terms of transfer value to be gained is Porteous. The boy is a star in the making and if we can get him signed up on another long term contract in a year or two we will get more for him than we did for Brown when it comes time to sell.

Most valuable to the team right now would probably be Boyle

hfc rd
29-09-2018, 10:18 AM
Neil Lennon & Leann Dempster

SRHibs
29-09-2018, 10:22 AM
I know by "value" you mean in terms of transfer £, but in terms of value to the team, def Lewis. I think he is the player we would miss most if he was out. Melon is untried yet.

I don’t agree with that. Stevenson is reliable, but it feels like we are never reliably pressuring teams from the left hand side. If Nelom is a good defender as well as a consistent attacking threat then I would like to see him replace Stevenson.

Speedy
29-09-2018, 10:32 AM
Best: Kamberi

Most Valuable: Porteous

Moody Blues
29-09-2018, 12:40 PM
Best..hanlon

most valuable..flo

Scouse Hibee
29-09-2018, 01:39 PM
Surprised to see Milligan rated as best by some after so little game time.

Kamberi on both counts for me.

eastmainsmsh
29-09-2018, 06:38 PM
Efe

Boyle

Crunchie
29-09-2018, 06:55 PM

Very early days if you're talking about this season, but so far I'd go Boyle best player and Boyle most valuable, especially when he gets that long awaited cap.