PDA

View Full Version : Stokes is on fire!

Ryan69
28-09-2018, 03:06 PM
Just noticed Stokesy has another 2 goals today...and its only half time.
Not sure how good a standard it is...but i believe theres a fair bit of cash in the Iranian game.

Wish he had screwed the nut more in his third spell at us.

Seems to score every week for them.

jacomo
28-09-2018, 03:47 PM
Why do you say there’s a lot of money there?

Is this substantiated in any way?

IGRIGI
28-09-2018, 03:50 PM

😂

Oscar T Grouch
28-09-2018, 03:55 PM

The Rial has collapsed, it is pretty worthless, it has gone down against the GBP by 450% in the last year. Whatever Stokes is earning won't be worth much once he gets in changed into Euros. Football is not a big sport in Iran but it is growing. There is not a lot of money invested in the game by the government.

CropleyWasGod
28-09-2018, 03:56 PM
The Rial has collapsed, it is pretty worthless, it has gone down against the GBP by 450% in the last year. Whatever Stokes is earning won't be worth much once he gets in changed into Euros. Football is not a big sport in Iran but it is growing. There is not a lot of money invested in the game by the government.

Is that Trump's doing?

Hibs4185
28-09-2018, 04:00 PM
You might find he has an arrangement to be paid in Euros. No doubt the owner or someone connected with the club will have European accounts.

I’m sure some of the premier league players asked to be paid in Euro’s when the pound went down a few years ago.

Mibbes Aye
28-09-2018, 04:07 PM

I would be astonished if he wasn’t getting paid in dollars or euros.

Football is massive in Iran and most top clubs are bankrolled by government departments or nationalised or semi-nationalised industries.

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2018, 04:20 PM
Is that Trump's doing?

Nope, Dempster pulled the plug on their currency. :wink:

CropleyWasGod
28-09-2018, 04:21 PM
Nope, Dempster pulled the plug on their currency. :wink:

Rial-ey? :greengrin

ChickenCurryYLT
28-09-2018, 04:43 PM
Just the 4 goals for him today!

No bevy in Iran really paying off 🙈

Ryan69
28-09-2018, 05:38 PM

Sven Goran Eriksson is going tobe his next manager. :)

Bristolhibby
28-09-2018, 08:24 PM

Could be getting paid in €.

J

jacomo
28-09-2018, 09:29 PM
Could be getting paid in €.

J

Yes he could.

The amount is fairly critical though, no? Probably influenced by the exchange rate?

danhibees1875
28-09-2018, 09:40 PM
Yes he could.

The amount is fairly critical though, no? Probably influenced by the exchange rate?

Not if he agreed to get paid 5000 euros a week, which I think is what is meant.

jacomo
29-09-2018, 07:51 AM
Not if he agreed to get paid 5000 euros a week, which I think is what is meant.

:dizzy:

Oscar T Grouch
29-09-2018, 11:49 AM
The Iranian central bank has restricted foreign currency transaction so I doubt Stokes will be paid in anything but Rial/tomans.

superfurryhibby
29-09-2018, 11:52 AM
The Iranian central bank has restricted foreign currency transaction so I doubt Stokes will be paid in anything but Rial/tomans.

They’ll not be much use to Stokesy, so I very much doubt it. The owners/ paymasters will have a way of circumventing any restriction, he wouldn’t be there otherwise.

Really hope he continues to do well, man’s a legend.

SirDavidsNapper
29-09-2018, 12:07 PM
We could have done with him on Tuesday