PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Dev Team v Hearts reserves (Monday 1st October)

Billy Whizz
28-09-2018, 02:10 PM
Hibs take on Hearts on Monday at Oriam 1.30pm Ko

Wonder if we’ll see Nelom get his 1st game

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-09-2018, 05:56 PM
8 first team yam players is a nap.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-09-2018, 06:54 PM
There was a Yam in my local just about pulling his pud going on about the result the last time the two teams played. He had nae idea what I was talking about when I tried to explain to him about Hibs more or less persevering with the development team players. I gave up quite quickly and left him to get on with it, felt a bit sorry for him to be honest, an old guy in his mid sixties getting that excited about a "reserve" game.

stuart-farquhar
28-09-2018, 07:04 PM
There was a Yam in my local just about pulling his pud going on about the result the last time the two teams played. He had nae idea what I was talking about when I tried to explain to him about Hibs more or less persevering with the development team players. I gave up quite quickly and left him to get on with it, felt a bit sorry for him to be honest, an old guy in his mid sixties getting that excited about a "reserve" game.

Just call him a "guy in his sixties". "Old" is always 15 years older than you are!

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-09-2018, 07:11 PM
Until I've got one, anyone with a pensioners bus pass is old! :-)

Billy Whizz
28-09-2018, 07:26 PM
8 first team yam players is a nap.

They do have a very large squad, and they need to do something with them

monktonharp
28-09-2018, 07:55 PM
Until I've got one, anyone with a pensioners bus pass is old! :-)what age do you think we qualify for a bus pass? lots think it's
65. they are wrong

monktonharp
28-09-2018, 07:56 PM
Until I've got one, anyone with a pensioners bus pass is old! :-)btw, I used to be younger than you are.

Billy Whizz
28-09-2018, 08:06 PM
what age do you think we qualify for a bus pass? lots think it's
65. they are wrong

It’s 60 I believe

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-09-2018, 08:07 PM
what age do you think we qualify for a bus pass? lots think it's
65. they are wrong

I'm confident its older than 47 for an OAP Pass so that'll do! :-)

stuart-farquhar
28-09-2018, 08:10 PM
Until I've got one, anyone with a pensioners bus pass is old! :-)

I cant fi f me greading lasses. Zoun as i do i will relpy. Old is a mate of stind.

What qas tje pint of tjis anywsy.Ive firttoggan

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-09-2018, 08:16 PM
I cant fi f me greading lasses. Zoun as i do i will relpy. Old is a mate of stind.

What qas tje pint of tjis anywsy.Ive firttoggan

Come on now, you dinnae have any problem finding lasses!

stuart-farquhar
28-09-2018, 08:17 PM
Come on now, you dinnae have any problem finding lasses!

:)😎

Billy Whizz
30-09-2018, 09:50 AM
Giving this a wee bump in case anyone can get along
Parking always at a premium at HW, so get there sharp if you can!

3pm
30-09-2018, 10:00 AM
Is it a donation to get in Billy?

Billy Whizz
30-09-2018, 10:35 AM
Is it a donation to get in Billy?

Yes, via bucket collection

Billy Whizz
01-10-2018, 11:49 AM
Hearts team
Doyle
Logan
Dikamona
Baur
Garuccio
Bozanic
Petkov
Amankwaa
Multaney
McDonald
Wighton

Billy Whizz
01-10-2018, 11:54 AM
Rocky and Nelom both start

Radium
01-10-2018, 12:01 PM
Parking is a bigger nightmare than usual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Souter96Mac
01-10-2018, 12:05 PM
Rocky and Nelom both start

Honestly forgot we had Rocky!

Lendo
01-10-2018, 12:07 PM
No news on our starting XI? Can't see anything on the Twitters.

BILLYHIBS
01-10-2018, 12:10 PM
Are Hearts going to play their full first team this time in their determination to get the upper hand over our Development Team after a close run thing last time?

yerauldda
01-10-2018, 12:12 PM
Marciano
Donaldson
Nelom
Stirling
Mackie
Campbell
Murray
Murray
Shaw
Allan
Gullan

Oscar T Grouch
01-10-2018, 12:15 PM
Hearts team
Doyle
Logan
Dikamona
Baur
Garuccio
Bozanic
Petkov
Amankwaa
Multaney
McDonald
Wighton

According to their web site that is 6 first team players in that team. They have a squad bigger than Celtcs!!

Looking at our team we have 4 first team players 2 of whom are dev team players from last year plus Rocky and Nelom

Billy Whizz
01-10-2018, 12:23 PM
No news on our starting XI? Can't see anything on the Twitters.

Team lines

Billy Whizz
01-10-2018, 12:34 PM
Hibs set up 442

hibbysam
01-10-2018, 12:43 PM
Hibs set up 442

Is Sean Mackie playing centre half Billy? Fact Nelom starting as 3 and Sean is 5 I’m guessing he is?

calumhibee1
01-10-2018, 12:46 PM
Every time these games are played i somehow manage to miss all threads etc until the games already kicked off and think I’ll get to the next one. I need to keep more of an eye out!

Billy Whizz
01-10-2018, 12:55 PM
Is Sean Mackie playing centre half Billy? Fact Nelom starting as 3 and Sean is 5 I’m guessing he is?

Sean is left centre half and Nelom left back

Pretty even so far

The_Horde
01-10-2018, 01:07 PM
Sean is left centre half and Nelom left back

Pretty even so far

How does the melon man look?

Billy Whizz
01-10-2018, 01:13 PM
1-0 Hearts. Mackie gets booked, and Bozanic scores from resulting free kick
Totally undeserved lead

matty_f
01-10-2018, 01:29 PM
Totally undeserved lead

Sounds familiar :rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
01-10-2018, 01:35 PM
Pretty tame 1st half for a derby
Nelom is a football playing left back, put in a few good crosses, but looks to be short of full fitness at the moment

Billy Whizz
01-10-2018, 01:35 PM
2-0
Another free kick, Garuccio

Billy Whizz
01-10-2018, 01:45 PM
Innes Murray off and Andrew Blake on. Blake just back after injury

matty_f
01-10-2018, 02:27 PM
Finished 0-2.

Danderhall Hibs
01-10-2018, 03:12 PM
Why are we saying it’s our development team? We’re playing in the reserve league and the development team doesn’t exist anymore - does it?

green day
01-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Why are we saying it’s our development team? We’re playing in the reserve league and the development team doesn’t exist anymore - does it?

I think that we have made a conscious decision to play the younger guys (what we used to call the dev team players) in the reserve league as much as possible.

Danderhall Hibs
01-10-2018, 03:36 PM
I think that we have made a conscious decision to play the younger guys (what we used to call the dev team players) in the reserve league as much as possible.

But it’s still our reserve team? Marciano and the other boy both played today.

Feels a bit childish calling it the development team.

green day
01-10-2018, 03:40 PM

Might sound picky, but it really isnt a reserve team as we had a number of years ago - if it was then loads of first team players that didnt play or make the bench on Saturday would be playing - and they are not.

Dev team has always been used to get new players up to speed and injured players back in the groove.

The difference is that we wont pack the team with reserves to get a result, we are using the league to get the dev team guys ready for the first team.

CapitalGreen
01-10-2018, 03:40 PM

Maybe a physiological thing to stop development players thinking they've made it to the first team. There is 16 year old boys being included in these squads who are a long way off being considered in reserve for the first team. Additionally, I'd doubt if any of the coaching staff give 2 hoots if it feels a bit childish or not, if they wish to maintain the team as a 'development' team then that is their prerogative.

Danderhall Hibs
01-10-2018, 03:42 PM
Maybe a physiological thing to stop development players thinking they've made it to the first team. There is 16 year old boys being included in these squads who are a long way off being considered in reserve for the first team. Traditionally, I'd doubt if any of the coaching staff give 2 hoots if it feels a bit childish or not, if they wish to maintain the team as a 'development' team then that is their prerogative.

Aye fair enough, maybe that’s it.

Dancehibs
01-10-2018, 03:49 PM
Might sound picky, but it really isnt a reserve team as we had a number of years ago - if it was then loads of first team players that didnt play or make the bench on Saturday would be playing - and they are not.

Dev team has always been used to get new players up to speed and injured players back in the groove.

The difference is that we wont pack the team with reserves to get a result, we are using the league to get the dev team guys ready for the first team.

I’m not sure we even play first team players to get them fit. You get the odd player playing but for some reason and it’s not just hibs, first teamers who ain’t getting game time for first team aren’t playing for development team. Big daz ain’t played for months .

Also, the league didn’t need to be rebadged as reserves to allow first team players to play, they could have played under the development team structure

PatHead
01-10-2018, 03:51 PM
How did Rocky do?

worcesterhibby
01-10-2018, 03:52 PM
I’m not sure we even play first team players to get them fit. You get the odd player playing but for some reason and it’s not just hibs, first teamers who ain’t getting game time for first team aren’t playing for development team. Big daz ain’t played for months .

Also, the league didn’t need to be rebadged as reserves to allow first team players to play, they could have played under the development team structure

I would have been very tempted to put Marvin in the side today. He's not getting much game time so needs matches and he enjoys bullying jambos.

Dancehibs
01-10-2018, 04:18 PM
I would have been very tempted to put Marvin in the side today. He's not getting much game time so needs matches and he enjoys bullying jambos.

Yeah that’s another who needs games.

7heaven
01-10-2018, 04:24 PM
How did Rocky do?

Thought he looked poor at both goals.

SirDavidsNapper
01-10-2018, 04:27 PM
Starting to annoy me playing the youngsters all the time and calling it Hibs Development. It's the reserves. Play Bartley, Slivka, McGregor etc. What is the going out against first teamers and getting beat? I want to beat Hearts at any level.

G B Young
01-10-2018, 04:29 PM
Thought he looked poor at both goals.

Bound to be lacking sharpness after so many months out of action though.

green day
01-10-2018, 04:31 PM
Starting to annoy me playing the youngsters all the time and calling it Hibs Development. It's the reserves. Play Bartley, Slivka, McGregor etc. What is the going out against first teamers and getting beat? I want to beat Hearts at any level.

Cool.

Who would the youngsters play against?

Radium
01-10-2018, 04:33 PM
How did Rocky do?

Thought he was a bit sluggish for the goals (compared to how I remember him moving). Other than that tidy. Given how long he has been out you would expect him to need time to build up his sharpness

worcesterhibby
01-10-2018, 04:36 PM
Cool.

who do 1st teamers who can't get a game play for ?

MWHIBBIES
01-10-2018, 04:40 PM
I'll trust the club and coaches involved to make the best decision for our long term future by continuing to produce good young players over the short-sightedness of "wanting to beat hearts at any level"

Radium
01-10-2018, 04:41 PM

These are the games that our development team needs. Will allow the coaches to bring them on and lead to the good ones stepping up their game.

McGregor on an artificial pitch when he is already managing his knee?

Love beating Hearts but don’t want to be defined by it.

wookie70
01-10-2018, 04:52 PM
I thought part of the reason for going to reserves was to get development players playing against and with experienced pros.

Danderhall Hibs
01-10-2018, 04:54 PM
I thought part of the reason for going to reserves was to get development players playing against and with experienced pros.

It was - we’re not doing that though.

Saturday Boy
01-10-2018, 05:01 PM
It’s a bit of a shame that no one appears to read the official website anymore.

Eddie May had a very good article explaining why the club chose to keep a development team in the reserve league. I think there was also an interview on Hibs tv.

I’m too busy preparing dinner to post links.

Billy Whizz
01-10-2018, 05:03 PM

Eddie May had a very good article explaining why the club chose to keep a development team in the reserve league. I think there was also an interview on Hibs tv.

Yup
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9216

SirDavidsNapper
01-10-2018, 05:05 PM
I'll trust the club and coaches involved to make the best decision for our long term future by continuing to produce good young players over the short-sightedness of "wanting to beat hearts at any level"

Ok im only a fan what do i know

alihibs1
01-10-2018, 05:09 PM
How was Nelom?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dancehibs
01-10-2018, 05:12 PM
Cool.

Your only talking about a few first teamers. That was the make up of the reserve teams. This is what people in football wanted. Hence the reserve league was brought back. Experienced first teamers helping with the development of younger players.

Lancs Harp
01-10-2018, 05:17 PM
Totally undeserved lead

Any of our boys stand out Billy? Do they try to play the same formation/tactic/style as the first team?

green day
01-10-2018, 05:23 PM
Your only talking about a few first teamers. That was the make up of the reserve teams. This is what people in football wanted. Hence the reserve league was brought back. Experienced first teamers helping with the development of younger players.

I think Hibs have the balance right, tbh.

Young team yesterday, Rocky coming back from injury and Nelom getting up to speed.

Glad Rocky made his mistakes in a meaningless match today than a first team match.

Danderhall Hibs
01-10-2018, 05:23 PM

Cheers - I’m rarely on the official site and don’t have Hibs tv so missed this. I now know.

Saturday Boy
01-10-2018, 05:36 PM
Cheers - I’m rarely on the official site and don’t have Hibs tv so missed this. I now know.

No problem. My post reads a bit nippy, sorry for that. I’m not great at concentrating on my phone while I’m holding a sharp knife 😄. A case of more nuance = fewer fingers.

Speedway
01-10-2018, 05:45 PM

The counter point there is that we’re operating a first team squad of 20 outfield players, 16 of which we need on any given match day.

As such, if we get injuries in these matches, we’ve got kids on the bench come Saturday.

SirDavidsNapper
01-10-2018, 06:02 PM

Exactly this especially the last sentence. We had two older guys playing. Time will tell if it's the correct route to go down but a goalkeeper returning from a long term injury and a new signing playing his first game for months isn't really helping to bring our youngsters on. Like you say playing with 2 or 3 experienced outfield first teamers would and would also give them a huge boost.

B.H.F.C
01-10-2018, 06:22 PM
Exactly this especially the last sentence. We had two older guys playing. Time will tell if it's the correct route to go down but a goalkeeper returning from a long term injury and a new signing playing his first game for months isn't really helping to bring our youngsters on. Like you say playing with 2 or 3 experienced outfield first teamers would and would also give them a huge boost.

Who are all those experienced players we should be playing in a game such as today?

Of the 7 players on the bench on Saturday 2 started today, Nelom and Shaw.

You can discount another 3. Laidlaw because Marciano was playing. McGregor and Whittaker with it being a plastic pitch which they won’t play on in a reserve game for the sake of it.

Bartley you could argue needs some minutes but again the pitch could have been a consideration and Slivka has appeared in three first team games in the last week.

The way our squad is made up you aren’t going to see us playing first team players unless it is really necesarry, like it was for Marciano and Nelom.

Radium
01-10-2018, 06:25 PM
How was Nelom?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Went off injured in the second half. As has already been said, ball player who was keen to get up the pitch.

Cod Boy
01-10-2018, 08:09 PM
I was surprised to see Oli Shaw playing with McLaren and Boyle injured our options up front are limited. And it wasn’t as he needed the game time as he played 120 minutes against Aberdeen and got on at Paisley.

Billy Whizz
01-10-2018, 08:55 PM
I was surprised to see Oli Shaw playing with McLaren and Boyle injured our options up front are limited. And it wasn’t as he needed the game time as he played 120 minutes against Aberdeen and got on at Paisley.

Oli wants to play every game, he just loves playing
Wants to keep himself sharp

Danderhall Hibs
01-10-2018, 09:11 PM
No problem. My post reads a bit nippy, sorry for that. I’m not great at concentrating on my phone while I’m holding a sharp knife 😄. A case of more nuance = fewer fingers.

It did feel like I was getting a row :hilarious

Squealing pig
01-10-2018, 09:13 PM
I don’t rate oil Shaw at all

hfc rd
01-10-2018, 09:15 PM
Went off injured in the second half. As has already been said, ball player who was keen to get up the pitch.

Do you know if the injury looked serious or nothing major to worry about?

Saturday Boy
01-10-2018, 09:21 PM
It did feel like I was getting a row :hilarious

No problem. I should have done my usual pre post review .

The internet is still a little too right/wrong for me.

I often spend so much time reviewing my posts, I forget what I was trying to say 😄 And someone else has beaten me to the punchline 😄

Radium
01-10-2018, 09:36 PM
Do you know if the injury looked serious or nothing major to worry about?

It was on the far side. Seemed to happen when he was on his own. Thought it was his right knee but that’s mostly speculation. Didn’t play on and may have been precautionary

Long-story-short: I don’t know

Nevi_SOL
01-10-2018, 09:47 PM
I don’t rate oil Shaw at all

Sound 👍🏼