PDA

View Full Version : Injury update for St Mirren

Diclonius
28-09-2018, 10:39 AM
According to the EEN Hanlon is doubtful, Maclaren still out, Gray might be back and Marciano possibly back in the squad. Nelom maybe in the squad too.

Stevie Reid
28-09-2018, 10:42 AM
Looking like one of those frustrating seasons where there's always gonna be a few first picks missing through injury, suspensions will no doubt kick in at some point too (though our discipline under Lennon is superb). We have the quality to deal with it undoubtedly, and that's exactly what the squad is for - but I'd love to see what our strongest team and formation could do with a sustained run of games.

Billy Whizz
28-09-2018, 10:43 AM
According to the EEN Hanlon is doubtful, Maclaren still out, Gray might be back and Marciano possibly back in the squad. Nelom maybe in the squad too.

Got McGregor fit, so that’s a bonus

SirDavidsNapper
28-09-2018, 11:23 AM
No mention of Kamberi so that's good news. Looking like a very strong squad to face the Buddies

Northernhibee
28-09-2018, 01:26 PM
Bogdan

Ambrose
McGregor
Porteous

Gray/Boyle
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Horgan

Shaw/Boyle
Kamberi

for me if all fit. Marciano, Nelom, Hyndman, Bartley, Shaw (if not starting), Agyepong and one other on the bench.

Keith_M
28-09-2018, 01:57 PM
With the players we do have available, there's no good reason why we shouldn't beat St Mirren.

This being Hibs, though...

:greengrin

Hermit Crab
28-09-2018, 01:59 PM
With the players we do have available, there's no good reason why we shouldn't beat St Mirren.

This being Hibs, though...

:greengrin

I thought we'd hand Dundee a badly needed 3 points last week, we used to do that when teams were struggling. That was the old Hibs though. I predict hard thought 3 points tomorrow against another one of the struggling sides.

Stevie Reid
28-09-2018, 02:34 PM
It all comes down to being clinical. We missed chances against Dundee last week certainly, but still converted a good percentage - one goal would've been enough on Wednesday, but our finishing was terrible.

Even if Saints sit in and have us try to break them down tomorrow, it's hard to envisage us not being able to create at least a handful of clear cut chances. They need to be taken, if so. Mallan's long range shooting/free kick ability may again be the decider.

Hibernian32
28-09-2018, 03:03 PM
It all comes down to being clinical. We missed chances against Dundee last week certainly, but still converted a good percentage - one goal would've been enough on Wednesday, but our finishing was terrible.

Even if Saints sit in and have us try to break them down tomorrow, it's hard to envisage us not being able to create at least a handful of clear cut chances. They need to be taken, if so. Mallan's long range shooting/free kick ability may again be the decider.

Was some game Wednesday I wasn't at tynie��but I agree with what your saying we are creating a lot of chances which is always promising. I'm confident we will batter a team one week it will just click

heretoday
28-09-2018, 04:06 PM
Please don't put Efe at centre-back. Out wide yes. Even midfield.

hfc rd
28-09-2018, 04:08 PM

Is that not his position? Crazy choice! Like saying don’t play Boyle on the right.

flash
28-09-2018, 04:09 PM

Bizarre.

Hiber-nation
28-09-2018, 04:30 PM

Never knew Pale Ale was so strong.

CockneyRebel
28-09-2018, 04:34 PM
[QUOTE=Northernhibee;5562606]Bogdan

Ambrose
McGregor
Porteous

Gray/Boyle
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Horgan

Shaw/Boyle
Kamberi

for me if all fit. Marciano, Nelom, Hyndman, Bartley, Shaw (if not starting), Agyepong and one other on the bench.

Slyvka?

Northernhibee
28-09-2018, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=Northernhibee;5562606]Bogdan

Ambrose
McGregor
Porteous

Gray/Boyle
Stevenson

Milligan
Mallan
Horgan

Shaw/Boyle
Kamberi

Slyvka?

That’s the one.

BoomtownHibees
28-09-2018, 05:12 PM

Wow

Albanian Hibs
28-09-2018, 05:14 PM

😂😂😂

MWHIBBIES
28-09-2018, 05:25 PM
Please don't put Efe at centre-back. Out wide yes. Even midfield.He's an excellent centre-back, why wouldn't we want him there?

heretoday
28-09-2018, 07:08 PM
He's an excellent centre-back, why wouldn't we want him there?

Because he makes mistakes. Oh ye of short memories.....

JimBHibees
28-09-2018, 07:21 PM

Best player on the park on Tuesday

SMAXXA
28-09-2018, 07:22 PM
Looking like one of those frustrating seasons where there's always gonna be a few first picks missing through injury, suspensions will no doubt kick in at some point too (though our discipline under Lennon is superb). We have the quality to deal with it undoubtedly, and that's exactly what the squad is for - but I'd love to see what our strongest team and formation could do with a sustained run of games.

We have a good squad stevie and it’s certainly getting put to the test. The one thing for me is in days gone by when we would miss 2/3 regulars we would almost feel beat before we went into games, changed days and no disrespect to st Mirren tomorrow but we have shown we were are good enough to win games in the league missing players. That’s down to the management and the recruitment imo and we have came a long long way in recent years even if some results don’t go our way

Billy Whizz
28-09-2018, 07:24 PM
We have a good squad stevie and it’s certainly getting put to the test. The one thing for me is in days gone by when we would miss 2/3 regulars we would almost feel beat before we went into games, changed days and no disrespect to st Mirren tomorrow but we have shown we were are good enough to win games in the league missing players. That’s down to the management and the recruitment imo and we have came a long long way in recent years even if some results don’t go our way

I agree, got a good squad and players like McGregor and Bartley have hardly played in the league

Allant1981
28-09-2018, 07:33 PM

he has been really good for a good few games now

danhibees1875
28-09-2018, 08:29 PM

We'll just start some of those centre backs we have that never make mistakes then... Efe has his flaws, but he's quality overall. :aok:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-09-2018, 09:27 PM

Lay off the drugs ma man 👍🏽

SChibs
28-09-2018, 09:28 PM

Hanlon and Ambrose first choice cb pairing imo.

Therefore you talk keek

Eyrie
28-09-2018, 09:54 PM

Name a player who doesn't. Any player, not just a Hibs player.

Franck Stanton
28-09-2018, 10:26 PM
Name a player who doesn't. Any player, not just a Hibs player.

He/she cannae. Animal just doesn't exist

heretoday
29-09-2018, 05:37 AM
Best player on the park on Tuesday

Yes he was but he wasn't playing at CB.

AlbertK86
29-09-2018, 06:16 AM

Are you still drunk .... where was he playing then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
29-09-2018, 06:52 AM

You’ve had a shocker with this one

hfc rd
29-09-2018, 07:16 AM

Where on earth was he playing then? You certainly didn’t watch the game on Tuesday night if you thought he wasn’t playing CB unless you are trolling us all.

eastcoasthibby
29-09-2018, 07:22 AM

Boyle misses chances and misfits crosses, every game. Kamberi has missed 3-4 great chances in last 2 games alone, etc, etc .... All prone do not getting it 100% right every game ...

Albanian Hibs
29-09-2018, 08:06 AM

😂😂😂
Yes he was

Albanian Hibs
29-09-2018, 08:06 AM
If I was you I would be deleting this whole thread, or just your posts even. Total fail.

Hibbyradge
29-09-2018, 08:07 AM

https://i.amz.mshcdn.com/P2zWGZAC5HU9ZCosyHSBMnHGGhY=/fit-in/850x590/2013%2F07%2F30%2F33%2Fpopcorn.4da1c.gif

Borderhibbie76
29-09-2018, 08:40 AM
Boyle misses chances and misfits crosses, every game. Kamberi has missed 3-4 great chances in last 2 games alone, etc, etc .... All prone do not getting it 100% right every game ...Very true...and Efe was class on Tues...him and Hanlon the best players in park IMO

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Keith_M
29-09-2018, 09:08 AM
I thought we'd hand Dundee a badly needed 3 points last week, we used to do that when teams were struggling. That was the old Hibs though. I predict hard thought 3 points tomorrow against another one of the struggling sides.

You weren't alone with that. Loads of us were wondering if it'd be the usual "team haven't won in ten games but finally beat Hibs" story.

Thankfully the players stepped up to the plate and gave us a very good win.

:aok:

Viva_Palmeiras
29-09-2018, 09:54 AM
Boyle misses chances and misfits crosses, every game. Kamberi has missed 3-4 great chances in last 2 games alone, etc, etc .... All prone do not getting it 100% right every game ...

The day Hibs players stop trying to do stuff and learn from it will be a sad day. I’d rather players tried and experimented with I intelligence rather than play the percentages game all the time.