PDA

View Full Version : Hibs hearts x11

EH54
27-09-2018, 10:08 PM
Was thinking earlier about everyone hyping this hearts team up and it got me wondering..how many of they're players would be in our starting x11?

Souttar
Naismith

That's about it for me?
If we can get everyone fit we should be above them come may!

Lancs Harp
27-09-2018, 10:11 PM
No I give up cant think of one.

If Cathro was still around I'd have him and his laptop on the bench for comedy effect.

BILLYHIBS
27-09-2018, 10:24 PM
Was thinking earlier about everyone hyping this hearts team up and it got me wondering..how many of they're players would be in our starting x11?

Souttar
Naismith

That's about it for me?

Had this conversation before last time I saw Soapy Soutar in the flesh Simon Murray nutmegged him in the box and hammered the ball into the roof of the Jambo net. Hanlon for me. Naismith **** last season but has benefited from his jambo acclimatisation and has kicked on this season will take him only because we have possible injury worries up top as cover but like Laugherty no chance he would come.

GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY!

#2 Double Tap
28-09-2018, 12:16 AM
Stuck my green tinted specs on and decided to reply to this thread>>>>>

gk> our second choice keeper is just as good as their 1st.

rb> Sir Davie Grey!!!!!
v a guy named smith

lb> A double cup winning legend and 1st pick Scottish internationalist(lol) or a Dutch cap who played champ league only a few
years ago.
v a man united youth and an ozzy internationalist.

Quite equal from my point of view, the only position on the pitch they come close to matching us in.

cb> Mcgregor, Hanlon, Ambrose or Porteous

v berra, souttar, hughes or dickmoaner.

I think we have got an all round better bunch here. We are much pacier, have an equal if not better intelligence and tackle just as tough.
Berra's maybe marginally better in the air but
its not even a contest when comparing the other three, our 4th choice youngster would be pushing for a start in their 1st team,
they would be telling us this guy is the next Cannavaro if he played for them. I personally consider him more like the next
John Terry, hahaha

cm> Ozzy capped player, Scotland u21 freekick wizard, Lithuanian internationalist and the meanest
toughest sob in the league, plus a wee silky American.

v a guy who's dad was a great footballer, an ozzy who cant get in the national team,
a guy from Austria's second division, and a gadgy from Cameroon. oh i forgot that
wee lady and the other one who is the next Deli Alley, mibby he would get a game, but I will have to wait and see.

I think we genuinely have a superior central midfield, even after losing our best three players from last year!

wingers/att midfielders> Boyle, Horgan, Agyepong .....v.... mulraney, a****er, naismith

I almost here you saying whooooooooo, there is no chance the first two would get on our bench
never mind in our first team.
no doubt naismith is an ok player but would
he really replace boyle or horgan or agyepong, I just dont think so, our guys are younger, hungrier
and all possess genuine pace compared with naismith. (is it just my green tints, I dunno)

Attack> Kamberi, Jamie Mac and Shaw.
v ikpeazu, mclean and wighton.

If any of you guys want any of them in front of our 3 then you seriously need a head transplant. For me Kamberi is up there
with the best 3 strikers in this league, Jamie Mac's goal tally speaks for itself and Shaw has proved himself in big games and has bags of potential.

EH54
28-09-2018, 02:32 AM
Levein last season made them solid and hard to beat which is always a good platform to build on. They are nowt fancy just a well organised, hard to beat team..hibs play the exciting football, if we get everyone fit and firing there's no doubt we are a better side for me. If they finish above us it's because we've had serious rotten luck, probably to do with injury's more than anything the way the seasons begun!

Austinho
28-09-2018, 02:43 AM
We have players who’d strengthen them, they have players who’d strengthen us. Either way a combined XI would be serious title contenders.

We’re slim up top and having someone like Uche up front would give us a new dynamic. Naismith likewise. We’re far stronger out wide, with the exception of Mitchell. I don’t know enough about the others to comment.

superfurryhibby
28-09-2018, 06:09 AM
Apart from Naismith and Souttar, I don’t even know who plays for them. # not obsessed.

Steve20
28-09-2018, 06:11 AM
The way to prove we’re better than them is to finish above them in the league.

Otherwise, claiming we have better players means nothing.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-09-2018, 06:40 AM
A good team can have average players and an average team can have good players. End of season stats will show which manager has got the best out of what he has.

wookie70
28-09-2018, 06:55 AM
A good team can have average players and an average team can have good players. End of season stats will show which manager has got the best out of what he has.

No point having better players and a worse team. At the moment they are in a semi final and we are out the cup. They are top of the league and 5 points clear. Hopefully, we will end the season saying we are the better team but at the moment this thread is far too boastful for our current respective positions.

SirDavidsNapper
28-09-2018, 06:58 AM
My Hibs/Hearts 11 would be

Bogdan

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Horgan
Mallan
Milligan
Boyle

Maclaren
Kamberi

eastmainsmsh
28-09-2018, 10:15 AM
Annie Budge

Stevie Reid
28-09-2018, 10:19 AM
We have quality throughout the squad, I've been fully confident of that for many weeks now. A fully fit, full strength first eleven will formidable, and we have several quality players for every position. I haven't seen enough (and won't see enough) of Hearts new signings to know how good they are yet, but the early signs for them are obviously very good. End of the season is when you start compiling teams of the year, not after six games.

I have been very impressed with Haring in their midfield, and Izpeazu looks like he will be a nightmare for pretty much any defence in this league (though he may find that, like De Vries many years ago, that many injuries follow when you have such a huge frame to throw around). Naismith looks like the player I feared they were getting back in January, and Mitchell looks a very handy player.

Many people have been presumptuous for a long time regarding Levein's (perceived lack of) managerial ability, and in assuming that signing so many players was indicative of a poor approach to recruitment - but both now look well off the mark. I know there is a long way to go, but I've said several times before that Levein has previous at both Hearts and Dundee Utd for recruiting very well, and building teams that are very spirited and extremely hard to beat. I think his reputation (club-wise anyway, Scotland was a disaster) as purely a one dimensional, attritional and defensive manager is not 100% accurate either.

We know that they are hard to score against and at the moment they are scoring quite freely themselves - we also know that even the ****test Hearts teams are strong at Tynecastle, and so far they have won all three of their away games, having won only four in the whole of last season. I despise that football club more than anything, but it would be foolish to continue to assume that the current form is merely an anomaly, and that normal service will be resumed any minute now.

I hope I'm wrong, but it does seem like they will be a genuine force in the league this year. We need to embrace that challenge, and I've no doubt that Lennon and the players will be. On our day I think our football is as good as you'll see played in this league. We need to make sure that we're on our day as much as possible this season, and still pick up points when we're not.

SirDavidsNapper
28-09-2018, 10:24 AM
We have quality throughout the squad, I've been fully confident of that for many weeks now. A fully fit, full strength first eleven will formidable, and we have several quality players for every position. I haven't seen enough (and won't see enough) of Hearts new signings to know how good they are yet, but the early signs for them are obviously very good. End of the season is when you start compiling teams of the year, not after six games.

I have been very impressed with Haring in their midfield, and Izpeazu looks like he will be a nightmare for pretty much any defence in this league (though he may find that, like De Vries many years ago, that many injuries follow when you have such a huge frame to throw around). Naismith looks like the player I feared they were getting back in January, and Mitchell looks a very handy player.

Many people have been presumptuous for a long time regarding Levein's (perceived lack of) managerial ability, and in assuming that signing so many players was indicative of a poor approach to recruitment - but both now look well off the mark. I know there is a long way to go, but I've said several times before that Levein has previous at both Hearts and Dundee Utd for recruiting very well, and building teams that are very spirited and extremely hard to beat. I think his reputation (club-wise anyway, Scotland was a disaster) as purely a one dimensional, attritional and defensive manager is not 100% accurate either.

We know that they are hard to score against and at the moment they are scoring quite freely themselves - we also know that even the ****test Hearts teams are strong at Tynecastle, and so far they have won all three of their away games, having won only four in the whole of last season. I despise that football club more than anything, but it would be foolish to continue to assume that the current form is merely an anomaly, and that normal service will be resumed any minute now.

I hope I'm wrong, but it does seem like they will be a genuine force in the league this year. We need to embrace that challenge, and I've no doubt that Lennon and the players will be. On our day I think our football is as good as you'll see played in this league. We need to make sure that we're on our day as much as possible this season, and still pick up points when we're not.

Once their collection of English lower league misfits become familiar to other players and managers they will start to toil. Hibs quality will soon show.

horseflesh
28-09-2018, 10:44 AM
Probably take the lad they have on loan from Man U and the guy they have on loan from Norwich, just to fill the bench

The_Horde
28-09-2018, 10:50 AM
My Hibs/Hearts 11 would be

Bogdan

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Horgan
Mallan
Milligan
Boyle

Maclaren
Kamberi

Writing off the treble winners like that. Poor show.

Centre Hawf
28-09-2018, 12:37 PM

100%. They aren't the joke people seemed to believe they would be this season. I know it's early days and hopefully a derby defeat will derail their start to the season. Cause they are insufferable on the old social media atm.

Hermit Crab
28-09-2018, 01:56 PM

Souttar
Naismith

That's about it for me?

The boy Haring is a player.

JackHibs
28-09-2018, 03:08 PM
Surprised theres not been a mention for Olly Lee, he's scored quite a few goals already and seems to support the attack well

Lee, Mallan and Milligan/Haring would be a good middle 3..

heretoday
28-09-2018, 04:04 PM
I'd take the Naisy man.

That'll be popular!

tynehibs
28-09-2018, 04:18 PM
The boy Haring is a player.

I was too in my youth

Hermit Crab
28-09-2018, 05:30 PM
I was too in my youth

Irrelevant.

RoxburghHibs
29-09-2018, 08:08 AM

Souttar
Naismith

That's about it for me?

More important question is “what is a x11?”

Do you not mean XI?

😉

danhibees1875
29-09-2018, 08:14 AM

Do you not mean XI?

😉

I'd taken that to be a "cross 11".

Non-green specs on, I'd probably go for:

Rocky
Boyle Ambrose Souter Hanlon Mitchell
Mallan Milligan Lee
Kamberi Naismith

EH54
29-09-2018, 09:25 AM

Do you not mean XI?

😉

Aye that one😂

where'stheslope
29-09-2018, 06:03 PM

What gets me is the total disrespect from our fans against them?
I know they are our biggest rivals, but at the start of this season I thought we would be 5 points ahead of them, not the other way around?
Posts on this site at the start of the season were qualifying them as bottom 6 with a load of duffers for lower league teams?
Soon as it turns round, we become totally against everything that they stand for, and the table says 1 - Hearts 2 - Hibernian, is that not better for football in general in Scotland!
I for one hopes it gets better and better, till we finally break the Old Firm stranglehold on Scottish football!!!!
Over the season I hope we catch and overtake them, but any 1 - 2 from Edinburgh at the end of the season would warm my heart!!!!