PDA

View Full Version : NHC League Cup semi finals

Pages : 1 2 [3]

SideBurns
05-10-2018, 11:12 PM
Wonder if you'd be saying the same if Hibernian had been ordered to play Rangers at Hampden while the Yams had been allocated Murrayfield against Celtic in absence of a ballot?

Celtic have a right to complain surely?

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Of course I wouldn't, as the SFL would have 2 Edinburgh teams and 2 Glasgow teams in the semis. In that scenario, there would have to be a ballot to see which game is played in Edinburgh. Celtic have a right to complain and have exercised it; I just think they should get on with playing a semi final at the other end of the M8 for once against a team they should be vastly superior to, given the gap in resources. I find their whingeing pathetic.

ThomasAgyepong
05-10-2018, 11:25 PM
Of course I wouldn't, as the SFL would have 2 Edinburgh teams and 2 Glasgow teams in the semis. In that scenario, there would have to be a ballot to see which game is played in Edinburgh. Celtic have a right to complain and have exercised it; I just think they should get on with playing a semi final at the other end of the M8 for once against a team they should be vastly superior to, given the gap in resources. I find their whingeing pathetic.

Brendan for me at least needs to just get on with things. He thinks that Celtic are the better side so why moan and groan about the game being at a neutral venue? Every other club have done it for years yet I’ve not heard us complain about having to go through to Glasgow? I remember not too long ago I think in 2014, Rangers and Dundee United played a semi at Ibrox. Dundee United obviously appealead this and the appeal was rejected. United went on to win 3-1. It just goes to show it’s all about who turns up on the day and if the fans are giving their team the full support that they deserve.

Tornadoes70
05-10-2018, 11:27 PM

The gap in resources alluded to are completely irrelevant. Pathetic or not they have every right to complain that their city rivals are allowed to play at Hampden the national stadium while they're being moved 40 miles or so across the M8 in absence of a ballot.

If Hibernian were ordered to play 40 miles or so out-with Edinburgh while the Yams played at Murrayfield there would be rightful uproar.

Celtic are right to strongly complain.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

SideBurns
06-10-2018, 05:10 AM
The gap in resources alluded to are completely irrelevant. Pathetic or not they have every right to complain that their city rivals are allowed to play at Hampden the national stadium while they're being moved 40 miles or so across the M8 in absence of a ballot.

If Hibernian were ordered to play 40 miles or so out-with Edinburgh while the Yams played at Murrayfield there would be rightful uproar.

Celtic are right to strongly complain.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

I agreed with you that they have every right to complain if that's what they want to do; I just think it makes them look pathetic as for every other semi and final in living memory they've just had to do a hop, skip and jump across Glasgow.

Apart from that, we'll just have to accept we have different views on the subject. I'm now looking forward to watching the Hibs this afternoon, where Hearts & Celtic play in 3 weeks is of little interest to me right at this moment.