PDA

View Full Version : 3,265

CapitalGreen
26-09-2018, 09:15 PM
3,265 more fans at Tynecastle than were at Easter Road last night.

Hearts outperforming us in the stands as well as on the pitch this season it seems.

MWHIBBIES
26-09-2018, 09:17 PM
It was a cold school night though.

Hermit Crab
26-09-2018, 09:17 PM
Tickets were cheaper too. £18 and £8 across the board for a match not on tv.

Hermit Crab
26-09-2018, 09:18 PM
It was a cold school night though.

:agree:

fat freddy
26-09-2018, 09:19 PM
Easily explained.

Establishment Club. Loads of Money

Peg Selling Spoon Burners. Spent their Giro's on Smack

SirDavidsNapper
26-09-2018, 09:19 PM

Exactly this

green day
26-09-2018, 09:21 PM

Hearts outperforming us in the stands as well as on the pitch this season it seems.
Do you think.......maybe......live TV had something to do with it?

brythehibby
26-09-2018, 09:22 PM

I think the game being on tv is a bigger factor than the ticket price. Not sure we’d have got another 3500 in the door if it was £2 cheaper. If it wasn’t on tv however, the gate would have been bigger.

Smartie
26-09-2018, 09:22 PM
We need to stop this nonsense.

CapitalGreen
26-09-2018, 09:23 PM

Yup, a lot of Hibs fans would rather sit at home and watch on TV instead of going along to Easter Road to cheer on the team in big numbers like the Hearts fans did tonight.

bingo70
26-09-2018, 09:23 PM

What a strange post.

There’s a number of reasons why Hearts would have a bigger crowd than us this week, the most obvious one being that our game was on the tele.

They are out performing us in the league but it’s still only September.

matty_f
26-09-2018, 09:24 PM
Does anyone actually care?

Hermit Crab

No. Loads of streams available these days.

The fact that Hearts are flying and that they priced the game sensibly has played a major part.

The Modfather

That just sounds like excuses tbh...

fat freddy

You're right, my kids can't have their dessert cos I've burnt all the spoons

CapitalGreen
26-09-2018, 09:26 PM

11,112 cared

Hermit Crab
26-09-2018, 09:27 PM
Yup, a lot of Hibs fans would rather sit at home and watch on TV instead of going along to Easter Road to cheer on the team in big numbers like the Hearts fans did tonight.

Thats about the size of it. No matter how well play there are always stay aways.

Lancs Harp
26-09-2018, 09:28 PM
Hearts draws its support from 6 streets in Gorgie, we however draw our support from across the world, indeed the universe, it makes it difficult to get to midweek matches for the Hibs hordes.

Austinho
26-09-2018, 09:29 PM
Seriously, who gives a ****** what Hearts do? Good for them.

They haven’t been to Hampden for 5 years, and they had a fairly easy tie - of course they were going to come out in numbers to witness such a novelty.

Centre Hawf
We still talking about this? They're flying in the league, they weren't on TV, their game was cheaper than ours, they haven't had to fork out for 3 Europa League Fixtures. I wholeheartedly expected Hearts to have had the bigger attendance, much like I would have expected us to if those same reasons were flipped round.

Pretty Boy
Another thread moaning about and slagging Hibs fans and the attendance last night. Just what was needed.

Remember when we used to laugh at Hearts fans for their obsession with crowds? Highest average attendance in decades and still it's not enough for some.

marinello59
26-09-2018, 09:31 PM

If bigging them up floats your boat then carry on. I don’t get why you would want to though.
Personally I couldn’t give a **** about Hearts unless we are playing them.

marinello59
26-09-2018, 09:35 PM

:faf::faf:
If you are older than fourteen then I apologise for this.

B.H.F.C
26-09-2018, 09:36 PM
Another thread moaning about and slagging Hibs fans and the attendance last night. Just what was needed.

Remember when we used to laugh at Hearts fans for their obsession with crowds? Highest average attendance in decades and still it's not enough for some.

The number of folk wanting to praise Hearts in general, whilst sticking the knife in to Hibs, is ridiculous. If they won the cup I’m sure a few folk would be along to the parade to give them a cheer. And probably count how many were there as well.

Frazerbob
26-09-2018, 09:38 PM
That just sounds like excuses tbh...

Sounds like factual reasons to me.

Brightside
26-09-2018, 09:39 PM
I wonder if half the people would even bother supporting Hibs if Hearts didnt exist. This thread is unreal.

Pretty Boy
26-09-2018, 09:40 PM

That's how many Hearts fans were at Tynecastle on Saturday but couldn't be bothered tonight.

I don't know how Hearts fans spend their weeknights. Ironing beige slacks? Sorting cardigans? Polishing their Rovers? Enjoying missionary intercourse with their wife before she puts her curlers in?

It's all just excuses though. They should have been at Tynecastle tonight, bloody part timers. If you have a pulse you should never miss a game ever.

Pretty Boy
26-09-2018, 09:41 PM
The number of folk wanting to praise Hearts in general, whilst sticking the knife in to Hibs, is ridiculous. If they won the cup I’m sure a few folk would be along to the parade to give them a cheer. And probably count how many were there as well.

If they get more at their inevitable LC parade than we did I swear I'll do time.

Brooster
26-09-2018, 09:42 PM
Some folk on here need to have a serious word with themselves and stop fixating on what's going on across the city. Focus on Hibs please.

Sir David Gray
26-09-2018, 09:46 PM
As others have already said it's not a valid comparison since their game wasn't on TV tonight.

SouthMoroccoStu
26-09-2018, 09:49 PM

I get your point.

However, if you are on a limited budget, you can watch the game on tv last night and go to the game next saturday against Hamilton.

Watch 2 games for the price of 1

Tv showing for our game was a massive factor

Plus are we really trusting jambo "big team" mathematics and crowd attendance numbers - we still don't officially know their new stadium capacity

One Day Soon
26-09-2018, 09:49 PM

:faf:

No wait, they probably actually would.

Lemonade
26-09-2018, 09:52 PM

‘Kin mental

marinello59
26-09-2018, 09:58 PM

Ours were £20 and £10. Not much difference. Our pricing was OK for a cup quarter final.

Billy Whizz
26-09-2018, 09:59 PM
Ours were £20 and £10. Not much difference. Our pricing was OK for a cup quarter final.

£18 and £9 if you bought before the season ticket holders deadline

marinello59
26-09-2018, 10:02 PM
£18 and £9 if you bought before the season ticket holders deadline

So pretty much the same price as them.

Albanian Hibs
26-09-2018, 10:09 PM

Who gives a **** how many went tonight/ last night?

Criswell
26-09-2018, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=CapitalGreen;5561412]3,265 more fans at Tynecastle than were at Easter Road last night.

Lets not sink to their level of obsessing with crowd figures. It's sad sack territory!

Nevi_SOL
26-09-2018, 10:46 PM
😂😂 these threads are getting pathetic now. Grow up

tamig
26-09-2018, 11:40 PM
Some folk on here need to have a serious word with themselves and stop fixating on what's going on across the city. Focus on Hibs please.

It’s what keeps a lot of them going unfortunately. Sad. And the board seems to be full of them since the summer.

Chuck Rhoades
26-09-2018, 11:41 PM
Just when I thought that bunch were obsessed with us when we’ve got the upper hand this load of bollocks gets posted. Have a ****ing word FFS.

Hi Heid Yin
26-09-2018, 11:52 PM
Which Capital side (these past few years) has recorded the highest attendances outwith the Glasgow two?....Clue: They don't play in maroon
Which Capital side last won The Scottish Cup?...Clue: they don't play in maroon
Which Capital side last won The Scottish League Cup?....Clue: They don't play in maroon
Which Capital side has been dominating the Edinburgh derby these past few years?...Clue: They don't play in maroon
Which Capital side finished 18 points ahead of their bitter rivals last season?....Clue: They don't play in maroon

Now, with the aforementioned in mind, do you (the OP) think this Hibs supporter really cares about that lot getting 3k more through their non-televised game than us?

Turkish Green
27-09-2018, 12:49 AM
It irks me the number of threads that appear on here with a subject relating to the jelly farts. Almost an obsession for some.

Maybe due to me living away from Edinburgh for over 20 years, I genuinely have no interest whatsoever in goings on in the west side.

Differences in attendances, really!!

OsloHibs
27-09-2018, 02:49 AM

Outperforming? They've no played us yet! What a strange post.. I'd never give those cheating bastewards credit for anything.

Ryan69
27-09-2018, 05:06 AM
In fairness..about 96% of them have never seen them win the thing before..lol

Since90+2
27-09-2018, 05:15 AM
Hearts probably have about a 10% bigger support than we do. If you look at the respective social media followings and historic attendances it's probably about correct.

It's hardly a massive difference , they have a slightly bigger support , who really cares?

I'd argue we are seen as the more fashionable club and have a far more unique culture associated with the club than Hearts do.

Beefster
27-09-2018, 05:47 AM

Yup. You’d think we were on a run of twenty-odd games of straight defeats judging by how many tantrums are happening. Some grown-ups need to learn how to manage disappointment.

Fuzzywuzzy
27-09-2018, 06:34 AM
Not really understanding why people have such a hard on for can and can't make it to games?? There's more to life than football. No-one should be expected to justify why they can't attend a football match at any time.

Hibs aren't my life, they are a small part of my life.

lyonhibs
27-09-2018, 06:44 AM

I'd like to say no, as they would make the most sense, but as someone has kindly started ANOTHER thread aimed at bashing Hibs fans, clearly some folk do.

Very odd behaviour, but Hibs are a broad church I guess...

JimBHibees
27-09-2018, 06:59 AM
No. Loads of streams available these days.

The fact that Hearts are flying and that they priced the game sensibly has played a major part.

So live tv has no impact on crowds absolute nonsense. Aberdeen would have had to agree to the pricing also.

JimBHibees
27-09-2018, 06:59 AM
Just when I thought that bunch were obsessed with us when we’ve got the upper hand this load of bollocks gets posted. Have a ****ing word FFS.

Totally agree.

RoxburghHibs
27-09-2018, 07:14 AM
The usual Yams all over this. Does anyone, other than the chairmen of the respective clubs, really give two hoots about how many seats were filled?

The Yams are obsessed with crowds as they need to prove to everyone (themselves included) that they are a big club. We on the other hand are comfortable with what we are as a club and don't need to bang on about being one of Scotland's "bigger clubs" - whatever that means???

Means hee haw in reality.

CB_NO3
27-09-2018, 07:22 AM
Probably Hearts biggest match in a long time while Hibs fans have just forked out thousands of pounds to Greece, Norway amd the Faroes. Football is expensive as it is and with it being on TV its hardly a surprise.

sorrow sorrow
27-09-2018, 07:29 AM
Tv has a huge impact especially midweek matches.
Ps we will definitely finish top 3

RoxburghHibs
27-09-2018, 07:37 AM

Yip agree 100% as half my group didn't attend as on TV. Saving money/brownie points for weekend games :thumbsup:

where'stheslope
27-09-2018, 07:40 AM
So live tv has no impact on crowds absolute nonsense. Aberdeen would have had to agree to the pricing also.

Of course live tv has an impact, but it was not on council tv it was pay extra to view, so less people have BT sports I would have thought.

But a more telling crowd was at St Johnstone with just over 5,000 against Celtic?

Maybe it is just the cup no one wants to win, unless your in the final?????

RoxburghHibs
27-09-2018, 07:49 AM
Of course live tv has an impact, but it was not on council tv it was pay extra to view, so less people have BT sports I would have thought.

But a more telling crowd was at St Johnstone with just over 5,000 against Celtic?

Maybe it is just the cup no one wants to win, unless your in the final?????

or haven't won it for a couple generations.....

Bostonhibby
27-09-2018, 07:50 AM

Maybe it is just the cup no one wants to win, unless your in the final?????All good points.

Interesting one about winning it. The Aberdeen we saw the other night aren't good enough, it's well known it's beneath hearts to be bothered about the wee cup, celtc are a one man team in Lee Griffiths at the moment so it could be time for sevco to win their first big trophy?

The betfred standing proudly alongside the petrofac. Whoda thunk it when they started out just a few short years ago?

Maybe they'll get a couple of stars put on their strips to mark the occasion.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

green&left
27-09-2018, 07:51 AM

Who gives a ****. The obsession some folk on here have with hearts is scary.

Scouse Hibee
27-09-2018, 07:53 AM
Can I please be excused from the Hamilton game as I will be on holiday or do I need a letter from the travel agent. If the usual moaners can let me know ASAP it would be much appreciated.

Mango Man
27-09-2018, 08:01 AM
I really don't get the fascination with crowds, hearts and rangers fans are really bad for this, even had a hearts fan at work trying to give Hibs a hard time for the attendance at Hanlon's testimonial!! I just pulled out the attendance for Leveins testimonial and shut him up, but really, who cares how many people can't make games or whatever.

jazza7-0
27-09-2018, 08:02 AM
As well as the obvious ones, tv etc,we outperfomed them last year, therefore have been playing in Europe which has been an additional expense that they haven't had.

Silky
27-09-2018, 08:10 AM

So the benchmark for this season is to do better than Hearts? That's all. They finish 10th, we come 9th. But who cares, we were higher than them? Wow. What they do is of no concern to me. I couldn't give a toss if they even beat us 4 times this season if we have another top 4 finish. I don't set out every season with an aim just to do better than them. Thats an extreme lack of ambition imo.

Chic Murray
27-09-2018, 08:39 AM
Only those of a Yammish persuasion get hung up on attendances and capacity. Hope I dont give the wrong idea by saying that more people have been to Easter Road this year than the new look PBS. And we have always been the wee team and will always enjoy that status.

Keith_M
27-09-2018, 08:42 AM

Pretty Boy
27-09-2018, 08:47 AM
Can we have a comprehensive list of reasons and excuses so we know which is which and don't make the error of missing a game with an excuse rather than a reason?

I'll start:

Can't afford it - Excuse. Get a better job.
Illness - Excuse. Hospitals allow people out on day passes.
Work - Excuse. Tell your boss to stick it, Hibs are more important than earning a living.
Dead - Excuse. Jesus came back from the dead but you can't even be bothered to be resurrected for a pre season friendly? Part timer.

Chic Murray
27-09-2018, 08:54 AM
Can we have a comprehensive list of reasons and excuses so we know which is which and don't make the error of missing a game with an excuse rather than a reason?

I'll start:

Work - Excuse. Tell your boss to stick it, Hibs are more important than earning a living.
Dead - Excuse. Jesus came back from the dead but you can't even be bothered to be resurrected for a pre season friendly? Part timer.

I'm still annoyed that Petrie failed to speak out about Pinochet in the 70s, as a club we had a duty to do something.

lapsedhibee
27-09-2018, 09:11 AM
As well as the obvious ones, tv etc,we outperfomed them last year, therefore have been playing in Europe which has been an additional expense that they haven't had.

Yes and the fact that Hearts are running away with the league this year has put a damper on our enthusiasm, don't you think?

lapsedhibee
27-09-2018, 09:15 AM

If we finish 3rd this year, who do you expect to be above us?

sorrow sorrow
27-09-2018, 09:18 AM
If we finish 3rd this year, who do you expect to be above us?

Realistically the old firm

lapsedhibee
27-09-2018, 09:26 AM
Realistically the old firm

Can't honestly see us catching Hearts now after the start they've had, so don't see us higher than 4th. :boo hoo:

marinello59
27-09-2018, 09:30 AM
Can't honestly see us catching Hearts now after the start they've had, so don't see us higher than 4th. :boo hoo:

We’ll catch them alright.

I'm Spartacus
27-09-2018, 09:31 AM

You have to wonder who 'WE' actually relates to on these types of posts.

A mid-week game live on a Tuesday night V Aberdeen, what else is expected? I wouldn't mind seeing what the difference was between the Aberdeen and Motherwell support.

JimBHibees
27-09-2018, 09:32 AM

We have yet to play them yet. :greengrin

Groathillgrump
27-09-2018, 09:33 AM

Chill. They're just 5 points above us and it's only September. Plenty of football to play yet. :aok:

Since90+2
27-09-2018, 09:37 AM
Yes and the fact that Hearts are running away with the league this year has put a damper on our enthusiasm, don't you think?

Running away with the League? Av heard it all now.

MSK
27-09-2018, 09:46 AM

I'll start:

Dead - Excuse. Jesus came back from the dead but you can't even be bothered to be resurrected for a pre season friendly? Part timer.My plimsoles have holes in them so I cant attend when wet, I could afford a new pair but hibs are my life so will spend money on them instead.

Northernhibee
27-09-2018, 09:51 AM
Shat myself on the way to the stadium - Levein Dens Park levels of excusery. Go anyway and give the people sitting next to you a casual “soz”.

sorrow sorrow
27-09-2018, 10:10 AM

We will definitely finish above them.They are not much better than last season,I know we are probably weaker than last season but still enough quality to finish 3rd.I honestly think they will lose by 4/5 goals at ibrox next week

Hibrandenburg
27-09-2018, 10:22 AM
Whilst the missus was out last night I found a stream on the laptop showing the Hearts game. Then she suddenly turned up out of the blue...

I quickly put some porn on and pulled my trousers down to avoid any embarrassment!

where'stheslope
27-09-2018, 10:36 AM

I'll start:

If you apply reasons 1 and 3, there should be 5 - Apply for a new job on fantastic wages and sign up to HSL!!!!!

WhileTheChief..
27-09-2018, 11:37 AM

Yup, but it won’t stop. Every damn week we get the same chat. Grim indeed.

staunchhibby
27-09-2018, 11:44 AM
Have zero interest in that lot from gorgie or there gates.I am only interested in my own team at easter road.We payed all our bills and not due anythinv unlike some.

H18S NX
27-09-2018, 12:33 PM
Cudnae gie a ***k,it's what Hibs dae that matters to me.

KeithTheHibby
27-09-2018, 12:43 PM
https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/sco-premiership-2018-2019/1/

Wow. 1 game.

Here is the attendances for the first 3 games seeing as we are picking holes in the attendance.

They are ahead of us by 308 at the moment...however that includes a home game against Celtic with 3800 away fans. We had Aberdeen at home, not sure how many they brought however it wasn't anything like 3800.

So if you want to criticise the home support it's worth reminding that we are infact averaging more home fans per game than them.

basehibby
27-09-2018, 12:59 PM

Well I have a perfectly good excuse - I was tired and thirsty and went to watch it in the pub instead.

basehibby
27-09-2018, 01:06 PM

I could not give a flying one about the Yams - their "we shall not be moved" pish will only make it more enjoyable when we rip them a new one

Hermit Crab
27-09-2018, 01:08 PM
We will definitely finish above them.They are not much better than last season,I know we are probably weaker than last season but still enough quality to finish 3rd.I honestly think they will lose by 4/5 goals at ibrox next week

That will be hard since they are at home to St Johnstone on Saturday.

where'stheslope
27-09-2018, 01:34 PM
https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/sco-premiership-2018-2019/1/

Wow. 1 game.

Here is the attendances for the first 3 games seeing as we are picking holes in the attendance.

They are ahead of us by 308 at the moment...however that includes a home game against Celtic with 3800 away fans. We had Aberdeen at home, not sure how many they brought however it wasn't anything like 3800.

So if you want to criticise the home support it's worth reminding that we are infact averaging more home fans per game than them.

Are you sure Celtic got the whole away end?????

Last season they only got 2 sectionsin the away end!!!!

JimBHibees
27-09-2018, 01:35 PM
Whilst the missus was out last night I found a stream on the laptop showing the Hearts game. Then she suddenly turned up out of the blue...

I quickly put some porn on and pulled my trousers down to avoid any embarrassment!

:not worth:greengrin

Since90+2
27-09-2018, 01:41 PM
Are you sure Celtic got the whole away end?????

Last season they only got 2 sectionsin the away end!!!!

Hearts don't have the demand (strange for an absolutely huge club in a relatively small stadium) to be able to fill more than 3 stands since the main stand was rebuilt so Celtic now get the full Roseburn.

Since90+2
27-09-2018, 01:42 PM
That will be hard since they are at home to St Johnstone on Saturday.

Sure he said next week not this week.

Keith_M
27-09-2018, 01:43 PM
Can I please be excused from the Hamilton game as I will be on holiday or do I need a letter from the travel agent. If the usual moaners can let me know ASAP it would be much appreciated.

You need a certificate from Hermit Crab, or you'll have to hand back your Über Fan shellsuit and be forever banned from Tynecastle.

Scouse Hibee
27-09-2018, 02:04 PM
You need a certificate from Hermit Crab, or you'll have to hand back your Über Fan shellsuit and be forever banned from Tynecastle.

Phew, I was expecting the slipper.

Hermit Crab
27-09-2018, 02:21 PM
Sure he said next week not this week.

Are we just going to ignore the 3 points they may well get this weekend like? No guarantee Rangers will steamroll Hearts like the poster suggests.

jazza7-0
27-09-2018, 02:23 PM

Running away with the league after 6 games, that's a silly thing to say. I would think the sensible thing to do would wait until at least March next year to form any judgement regarding the league position.
Would expect everything to have settled down by then with, hibs, hearts and Aberdeen fighting it out for third place. I would also expect, barring injuries that hibs would win that fight.

I'm Spartacus
27-09-2018, 02:59 PM

If you cant be there in the full approved kit then you have to participate in your pants - like proper old skool!!!

Treadstone
27-09-2018, 03:08 PM
Thought the thread title was Harry Potters testimonial crowd.

jazza7-0
27-09-2018, 03:18 PM

I fully expect us to be know more than 3, more likely 1 point behind hearts after the next 2 games.
Have you ever thought of changing your username to Prolapsed hibee as it may be more appropriate.

Hermit Crab
27-09-2018, 03:26 PM
I fully expect us to be know more than 3, more likely 1 point behind hearts after the next 2 games.
Have you ever thought of changing your username to Prolapsed hibee as it may be more appropriate.

Based on what? Hearts extremely bad start to the season?

ahibby
27-09-2018, 03:43 PM
Maybe so but "we are the mental Hibees,, nanananannananana!"

superfurryhibby
27-09-2018, 03:44 PM

Who gives a ****? They’ll not sustain it.

RoxburghHibs
27-09-2018, 03:46 PM
Firstly this whole "Hearts are a really good side who will challenge Celtic for the title" is utter baws. It's way too early to judge teams but that said I do expect them to finish top 5 this season.

As for crowds that's the sort of thing my 12 year old boasts about in the school play ground. It's embarrassing to hear grown adults obsessing over this.

Some of the best atmospheres I've seen have been when there have been "smaller crowds". The 8000 Hibs fans who travelled through to Glasgow, on a Wednesday night, for the Rangers LC semi-final when we won on penalties at Hampden for example - amazing scenes.

Brooster
27-09-2018, 03:56 PM
What's happened to the OP? Yam crank?

jazza7-0
27-09-2018, 04:00 PM

Based on the teams that both teams are playing.

Only an opinion mate and like to have a my cup is half full rather half empty outlook. We'll see!

Lancs Harp
27-09-2018, 04:08 PM

HC do make many interesting posts and often come in from left field which adds to a discussion or debate but you also give the impression that if Hibs won every week in front of a full house you wouldn't have a reason to exist.:greengrin

Famous Fiver
27-09-2018, 04:21 PM
Roxburgh

I was happy to be included in the 8000 that night.

You are correct. Probably my best visit to Hampden apart from Cup Final wind. Great atmosphere.

Beefster
27-09-2018, 04:36 PM
I had a ticket for Tuesday but missed it because Mrs Beefster felt the need to injure herself and become incapable of performing her normal duties.

I’d like to take this opportunity to apologise to everyone that was embarrassed by my absence. Won’t happen again unless it’s raining or I’m promised some hanky-panky right before I leave for the game.

CropleyWasGod
27-09-2018, 04:39 PM
I had a ticket for Tuesday but missed it because Mrs Beefster felt the need to injure herself and become incapable of performing her normal duties.

I’d like to take this opportunity to apologise to everyone that was embarrassed by my absence. Won’t happen again unless it’s raining or I’m promised some hanky-panky right before I leave for the game.

Sorry, that's a ***** excuse. Take a big rain jacket..... a really big one..... and you can do both.

Hibrandenburg
27-09-2018, 06:07 PM
I'd like to apologise for my old boy who didn't make it to the game the other night. He communicated to me via a medium that he'll do his best to return to this realm in time for the Hamilton game a week on Saturday.

Hibernia&Alba
27-09-2018, 07:59 PM

WTF is this thread, CG? Our attendances are superb just now, and the club is in a good place. Give our support the credit we deserve. You can do better than this.

SirDavidsNapper
27-09-2018, 08:01 PM

We have more season ticket holders than them