PDA

View Full Version : Fixture backlog

Billy Whizz
26-09-2018, 02:47 PM
Looking like SPFL will have some fixture backlog depending on tonights results and semi final winners. If Rangers and Celtic were to get through, they could be playing every midweek until Christmas

If St Johnstone were to win tonight, their game on 27th October against st Mirren would be cancelled
Maybe they could bring forward our game v St Mirren on Wednesday 8th December to the 27th October if that was the case, that’s providing Rangers as you would expect, beat Ayr tonight

Doesn’t at this stage be any other options for us to have a fixture that weekend as it stands

God knows when they will reschedule our home game v Rangers?
Maybe midweek before Xmas

RoxburghHibs
26-09-2018, 03:10 PM
One small plus point is our weekend before the first derby is now free.

Hermit Crab
26-09-2018, 03:13 PM
One small plus point is our weekend before the first derby is now free.

Don't want Hearts to get through as it would be nice for them to be playing 3 days before the play us. Catch 22 really.

Billy Whizz
26-09-2018, 03:15 PM
Don't want Hearts to get through as it would be nice for them to be playing 3 days before the play us. Catch 22 really.

They are due to play Dundee away on semi weekend, so if they hopefully lose tonight, they’ll still be playing that weekend

Hermit Crab
26-09-2018, 03:19 PM
They are due to play Dundee away on semi weekend, so if they hopefully lose tonight, they’ll still be playing that weekend

:aok:

Daydreamer
26-09-2018, 03:40 PM
Looking increasing likely that the Rangers home game cancelled from Sunday the 28th October will be played on Wednesday the 18th of December if The rangers beat Ayr tonight. Meaning that we will play Celtic, Rangers, Livingston, Rangers then Hearts in the space of 13 days.

B.H.F.C
26-09-2018, 03:41 PM
Looking increasing likely that the Rangers home game cancelled from Sunday the 28th October will be played on Wednesday the 18th of December if The rangers beat Ayr tonight. Meaning that we will play Celtic, Rangers, Livingston, Rangers then Hearts in the space of 13 days.

Before having 3 weeks off. Crazy.

Daydreamer
26-09-2018, 03:45 PM
before having 3 weeks off. Crazy.

correct!!!

PatHead
26-09-2018, 03:45 PM

In the run up to Christmas.

Daydreamer
26-09-2018, 03:48 PM
One advantage will be 4 home games out of 5 between the 16th Dec till the 29th December..:na na:

cocteautwin
27-09-2018, 06:13 AM
One advantage will be 4 home games out of 5 between the 16th Dec till the 29th December..:na na:

Which will see us enter the new year at the top of the league.

Diclonius
27-09-2018, 06:52 AM

Gotta love the Winter break.

Steven79
27-09-2018, 08:33 AM
The sensible option would be to move the game away against Motherwell forward to the 27th of October as neither club would have a game that weekend but it won't happen.

Phil MaGlass
27-09-2018, 08:48 AM
Why dont they cancel the winter break and play any rearranged games then?

Zazu62
27-09-2018, 09:09 AM

Wouldn’t that put them at a disadvantage?

Danderhall Hibs
27-09-2018, 09:35 AM

Does it have to be 18/12? There’s usually loads of midweeks available in March and April - why not then when the weather’s usually a bit nicer and that?

hibee_girl
27-09-2018, 10:00 AM
Does it have to be 18/12? There’s usually loads of midweeks available in March and April - why not then when the weather’s usually a bit nicer and that?

They'll not push it back to April, they'll want it way before the top 6 is decided

Danderhall Hibs
27-09-2018, 03:40 PM
They'll not push it back to April, they'll want it way before the top 6 is decided

How about March then? And i know it’s an assumptions but both teams are likely to be top 6 so does it matter what side of the split it’s played?

LEaston87
27-09-2018, 03:52 PM
It better no get moved to December as I'm going to be in Australia.. I'm already missing the Hearts, Celtic and Livi games. I'd have been better off buying individual match tickets instead of my season ticket this season!

Billy Whizz
28-09-2018, 09:33 AM
And in other news, haven’t seen a statement confirming our postponement v rangers on the semi weekend

danhibees1875
28-09-2018, 09:36 AM
And in other news, haven’t seen a statement confirming our postponement v rangers on the semi weekend

I can understand why Hibs wouldn't be in a rush to advertise the fact that our games are changed because other teams made it to semi finals and we didn't.

Billy Whizz
28-09-2018, 09:56 AM
I can understand why Hibs wouldn't be in a rush to advertise the fact that our games are changed because other teams made it to semi finals and we didn't.

Ifs not Hibs job to cancel it

danhibees1875
28-09-2018, 09:59 AM
Ifs not Hibs job to cancel it

Sorry - assumed you meant a statement from Hibs.

Danderhall Hibs
28-09-2018, 10:51 AM

Ive got the bbc notifications turned on and all I’ve had is confirmation that heats v Dundee is off.

Do you think they’re holding off in case they move Aberdeen v Rangers to a different date and we play as planned?

Billy Whizz
28-09-2018, 11:13 AM
Ive got the bbc notifications turned on and all I’ve had is confirmation that heats v Dundee is off.

Do you think they’re holding off in case they move Aberdeen v Rangers to a different date and we play as planned?

Possibly more likely to give a new date and time
I don’t think the Aberdeen v Rangers match is as much an issue as Hearts v Celtic. Plenty of semis are played at lunch time

Danderhall Hibs
28-09-2018, 11:17 AM
Possibly more likely to give a new date and time
I don’t think the Aberdeen v Rangers match is as much an issue as Hearts v Celtic. Plenty of semis are played at lunch time

When a cancellation comes in they don’t tell you the new date so no reason not to send the notification. Unless they’re considering moving Hearts V Celtic to the lunchtime game and the other match to the following week.