PDA

View Full Version : Where are you?

BILLYHIBS
26-09-2018, 12:26 PM
Where are you? As Delia Smith once drunkenly asked.

I realise that Hibs supporters have been asked to fork out a lot recently games in the Europa League consecutive away games end of the month match live on BT Sports but I thought looking around at the gaps in the stands especially FF lower where the singing section should be imo was disappointing.

The match to be fair had a good atmosphere helped by a large and noisy travelling Aberdeen support and all credit to them.

We have looked at the failings of the team on these threads perhaps we should look at ourselves.

Maybes I am out of order and the level of support we got last night was the best that could have been expected in the circumstances Maybes naw ?

Do my fellow posters agree or disagree or am I just another bed wetter?

Thoughts?

SRHibs
26-09-2018, 12:27 PM
Newcastle.

Seeing you write HIBS with lower case letters doesn’t look right!

Peevemor
26-09-2018, 12:29 PM
Almost the end of the month, freezing cold, match on TV and, as you say, already plenty money already spent.

I think it's understandable.

hibsbollah
26-09-2018, 12:30 PM
The mosque kitchen. Just polished off a nice chicken curry.

Smartie
26-09-2018, 12:32 PM
I didn't get out of work until 8:30, so it was too late for me to make it along.

Tuesdays are a bit of a nightmare for me, any other night and I'd have been there.

PatHead
26-09-2018, 12:34 PM

I realise that Hibs supporters have been asked to fork out a lot recently games in the Europa League consecutive away games end of the month match live on BT Sports but I thought looking around at the gaps in the stands especially FF lower where the singing section should be imo was disappointing.

The match to be fair had a good atmosphere helped by a large and noisy travelling Aberdeen support and all credit to them.

We have looked at the failings of the team on these threads perhaps we should look at ourselves.

Maybes I am out of order and the level of support we got last night was the best that could have been expected in the circumstances Maybes naw ?

Thoughts?

No sense in banging that drum. (see what I did there :greengrin). It will not happen.

Personally I think a crowd of that size is perfectly good. Based on the attendance figures given there was about 10,000 there. It is in line with attendances in previous years.

I know a few folk who have blown their football budget already, they took the chance of the match being on tv to save the money and attend on Saturday.

HoboHarry
26-09-2018, 12:36 PM
Texas but if you could swing by my hoose and pick me up on the way to the next game that would be grand. I'll even chip in for petrol......

SlickShoes
26-09-2018, 12:39 PM
I am in Switzerland

theonlywayisup
26-09-2018, 12:54 PM

Thoughts?

This is getting extremely boring.

The home support was circa 9,500 in a capacity of almost 17,000 - yes but let's point out the non-attendees in the FFL.

And as you know, the club have come out firmly of the view that the FFL is the family section, rightly or wrongly, so the singing section in the FFL ain't going to happen.

04Sauzee
26-09-2018, 12:57 PM

Thoughts?
My boy plays football and as I'm one of the coaches I was at training last night, watching boys and girls U11 enjoying the beautiful game

Lancs Harp
26-09-2018, 01:00 PM
I watched on my couch at home in Lytham with a cuppa.

I have done several "day" trips for midweek matches in the past, but a three and a half hour drive, quick bite to eat and drink, match and then drive home getting in at around 1.30am pretty knackered is getting less appealing the older I get. I dare say I will do it again in the future but not very often. Sorry if that offends the pious. Well actually Im not, I dont particularly care.

G B Young
26-09-2018, 01:09 PM
Not so very many years ago an 11k plus crowd for a midweek League Cup tie v the sheep would have been regarded as decent enough.

Last night's attendance was actually bigger than when we knocked them out of the tournament at ER in 2015.

For those of us who rolled up to ER during the 80s when crowds were often less than 5k it's fantastic to see the sort of attendances we get these days. Yes, a packed stadium for every game would be great but for many, myself included, the cost of going to every game is simply too much.

lyonhibs
26-09-2018, 01:22 PM
I am in Switzerland

Likewise. Assuming you work in banking (doesn't everyone? That's what I get told often enough......:greengrin) don't you have a private chopper we could've jumped in last night?

Looked like a foul night, game on telly, mid-week etc. We got a decent attendance in those circumstances.

Bostonhibby
26-09-2018, 01:26 PM
Watched on the tellybox at home. 5 hour drive and cost done for me this time.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

IGRIGI
26-09-2018, 01:50 PM
I don't understand why the club is so entrenched in the view that the FFL will be the family area going forward.

It looks shoddy seeing the empty gaps week in week out and I imagine playing towards a bouncing singing section would be optimal for Boyle and co.

ShadesLongThrow
26-09-2018, 01:55 PM
Marbella. Unfortunately Hibs never consulted with me when I booked it a year ago. Maybe you could have a word?

cleanyman
26-09-2018, 02:02 PM
No surprise to see the FF empty :greengrin

Hermit Crab
26-09-2018, 02:03 PM

Thoughts?

Excuses spouted last night included, its too expensive as its the end of the month, its a school night, its on tv and its too cold. Does that mean the same people will use these excuses and won't want or try to get a ticket for Tynecastle on the 31st of October because after all thats the end of the month, its too expensive, its a school night, its on tv and its too cold... Should be easy to get a ticket for this derby then.

MWHIBBIES
26-09-2018, 02:07 PM
Strange to see individuals being offended by this? It's clearly not aimed at you, save the big posts about why you couldn't be there. It's a general thing, why could so few be bothered last night for a huge game? We've had plenty more midweek in poorer weather.

Chuck Rhoades
26-09-2018, 02:09 PM

Thoughts?

One of the best attended league cup home ties in 20 years?

Stonewall
26-09-2018, 02:09 PM
I was at ER last night but it was a close run decision.

Over the last four days, between tickets, travel costs and food I’ve spent £150 plus on myself and family watching Hibs. I can’t justify doing that too often.

Wouldn’t blame anyone for missing out last night.

Lancs Harp
26-09-2018, 02:10 PM
Strange to see individuals being offended by this? It's clearly not aimed at you, save the big posts about why you couldn't be there. It's a general thing, why could so few be bothered last night for a huge game? We've had plenty more midweek in poorer weather.

For a league cup tie, have we? We've had plenty fewer thats for sure.

Hermit Crab
26-09-2018, 02:15 PM
I was at ER last night but it was a close run decision.

Over the last four days, between tickets, travel costs and food I’ve spent £150 plus on myself and family watching Hibs. I can’t justify doing that too often.

Wouldn’t blame anyone for missing out last night.

Everyone wants a ticket for Hearts away though even though its midweek, too expensive, on the tv and too cold...

MWHIBBIES
26-09-2018, 02:15 PM
For a league cup tie, have we? We've had plenty fewer thats for sure.

Why does it matter if it is a league cup tie though? We would have had more Vs Celtic or rangers and obviously hearts. Why though? The game wouldn't be less important, people would just choose to bother for it. Same as many chose not to last night.

Lancs Harp
26-09-2018, 02:20 PM
Why does it matter if it is a league cup tie though? We would have had more Vs Celtic or rangers and obviously hearts. Why though? The game wouldn't be less important, people would just choose to bother for it. Same as many chose not to last night.

To me personally mate it doesnt matter very much what the attendance was. Obviously it would be better if the ground was full every game but in reality at the moment thats not going to happen for the myriad of reasons different people are giving. Its pretty obvious bigger games are better attended, for the more casual supporters, Im not going to explain that to you surely. thats the same for virtually any club.

Blaster
26-09-2018, 02:25 PM
Everyone wants a ticket for Hearts away though even though its midweek, too expensive, on the tv and too cold...

You still spouting this nonsense. A derby is higher priority to folk than other games. Wow there’s a shock! Glad you are here to keep us up to date on these breaking developments

Also just under 10k Hibs Fans last night, including me. Only 3k ish tickets for tiny. Still be a struggle to get one even if only those who went last night were allowed one

Pretty Boy
26-09-2018, 02:31 PM
From the fag end of the Hughes era through Calderwood, Fenlon, Butcher and Stubbs I sat in a row of the FF Upper that had 2 other people in it, the row in front had 3 people in it and the row behind had 5. That wasn't exceptional, that was the norm; you could have expected maybe half a dozen more across the immediate area for a derby. Last night my row, albeit in a different section, was full, the row in front had one empty seat and the row behind was full.

The Hibs support has stepped up to the plate in recent years and that is due to the club delivering on the park. One of the 'downsides' of success is that following a team becomes more expensive so there may be occasions when someone has to give a game a miss. As someone said on one of the many other threads slating the fan base over the last couple of days the rising trend towards buying a ST over the years ties people to attending league games where in the past a cup game may have been a more attractive fixture.

I find the assumption that people missing a game 'can't be bothered', are 'making excuses' or are 'tight' almost offensive. It's based on nothing more than conjecture on the part of the accuser and it's just rude. No one is obliged to attend a Hibs game; if someone can't afford it, doesn't want to take their child out on a school night, has a cold or just wants to watch a game on TV for a change then it's really nobodies business. I used to follow Hibs home and away and rarely missed a game, my life changed and now I have a ST and attend every home game and 2 or 3 away games a season. Maybe it will change again one way or another, if it does that's my business and my choice rather than anyone else.

Hermit Crab
26-09-2018, 02:43 PM
You still spouting this nonsense. A derby is higher priority to folk than other games. Wow there’s a shock! Glad you are here to keep us up to date on these breaking developments

Also just under 10k Hibs Fans last night, including me. Only 3k ish tickets for tiny. Still be a struggle to get one even if only those who went last night were allowed one

A derby is higher priority than getting to a national cup semi final?

You're missing the point. The excuses used for not attending last night will be tossed to one side and forgotten when tickets go on sale for Hearts away. Would rather folk were just honest and said they didn't want to go last night or they wanted to watch it on tv instead.

Blaster
26-09-2018, 02:46 PM

You're missing the point. The excuses used for not attending last night will be tossed to one side and forgotten when tickets go on sale for Hearts away. Would rather folk were just honest and said they didn't want to go last night or they wanted to watch it on tv instead.

Yes to some people it is

Folk have valid reasons for missing the odd game. Some couldn’t be bothered. It’s called freedom of choice.

Juniper Greens
26-09-2018, 02:50 PM

Why do people need excuses? What's it to you? It's still September and that was our 14th competitive game of the season already? As others have said, 11.5k for a game in what is if we are honest the least glamorous of all the competitions we are involved in was much better than in previous years.

Juniper Greens
26-09-2018, 02:51 PM
Why do people need excuses? What's it to you? It's still September and that was our 14th competitive game of the season already? As others have said, 11.5k for a game in what is if we are honest the least glamorous of all the competitions we are involved in was much better than in previous years.

I would add, only 3 of those 14 games have been included in the season ticket too...so it definately adds up

SlickShoes
26-09-2018, 02:54 PM
Likewise. Assuming you work in banking (doesn't everyone? That's what I get told often enough......:greengrin) don't you have a private chopper we could've jumped in last night?

Looked like a foul night, game on telly, mid-week etc. We got a decent attendance in those circumstances.

Sadly I am not working in banking haha, it's my Mrs job we are over here for, one of the guys I play football with has his own plane though....

Hermit Crab
26-09-2018, 02:57 PM

1600 of them were Aberdeen fans mind.

No skin off my nose, but the point I was making is that the same people who moaned about the prices, weather, school night et al will be complaining if they don't manage to get a ticket for Hearts away, a game which is exactly the same situation as last night. On tv, midweek, school night, expensive and crap weather.

cleanyman
26-09-2018, 02:58 PM
To be fair to The Crab

He has a point

FranckSuzy
26-09-2018, 02:59 PM
I was working last night and am meant to finish at 2000. Even allowing for me getting away on time (rare occurence), it would be at least into the second half by the time I parked/got into the ground and TBH, I didn't fancy paying to watch half a game.

wpj
26-09-2018, 03:11 PM
I live in Cambridge, closer to Delia than Hibs. I pay in my own way and would love to be able attend games

Pretty Boy
26-09-2018, 03:12 PM
Maybe it's just me but I organise football like I organise the rest of my life. Fixture list comes out and I block off my diary for the games I definitely don't want to miss. So derby weekends, Rangers games etc are blocked off unless it's a major event.

Until 2 or 3 weeks ago I couldn't have told you when the LC quarter final was. As it was I was free last night and went but I could just as easily have agreed to work or had another commitment. That won't happen for a derby because I know who we will be playing and when.

Daydreamer
26-09-2018, 03:30 PM
Made the point last night that we think we have an advantage shooting in to the Famous Five in the second half of games but surely the players seeing the bottom of the FF last night with only a few hundred their would be a disadvantage. Some ends of grounds can suck a goal into them with a large support behind them. I know that some people who sit in the FF take a change to sit elsewhere on a cup tie night. The board and Leanne in particular must take some criticism for not letting the singing section sit in the lower last night. Also if we had been playing the cockroaches from the other side of the city the FF lower would have been full.

PatHead
26-09-2018, 03:32 PM
1600 of them were Aberdeen fans mind.

No skin off my nose, but the point I was making is that the same people who moaned about the prices, weather, school night et al will be complaining if they don't manage to get a ticket for Hearts away, a game which is exactly the same situation as last night. On tv, midweek, school night, expensive and crap weather.
If the same 10000 who went last night applied for Tynecastle we would be over subscribed by 3-4 times. Don’t really see your point.

Hermit Crab
26-09-2018, 03:35 PM
If the same 10000 who went last night applied for Tynecastle we would be over subscribed by 3-4 times. Don’t really see your point.

The point is those that couldn't be arsed to go last night will toss the excuses aside and moan like **** if they can't get a ticket for Hearts away.

CropleyWasGod
26-09-2018, 03:36 PM
The point is those that couldn't be arsed to go last night will toss the excuses aside and moan like **** if they can't get a ticket for Hearts away.

Do you have a list?

Hermit Crab
26-09-2018, 03:37 PM
Do you have a list?

Of what?

PatHead
26-09-2018, 03:37 PM

If they are season ticket holders that is their right.

CropleyWasGod
26-09-2018, 03:40 PM
Of what?

Those of whom you speak :greengrin

marinello59
26-09-2018, 03:41 PM

His point is that he is a much better fan than everybody who didn’t go. :greengrin

Golden Bear
26-09-2018, 03:47 PM
As a season ticket holder I bought my own seat in advance then made a late decision that I'd really prefer to sit on my erchie and watch the game on the box.

I feel positively dirty.

Hermit Crab
26-09-2018, 03:49 PM
Those of whom you speak :greengrin

Just read the Aberdeen Attendance thread.

Alan62
26-09-2018, 04:35 PM
One of our regular group was on holiday. The folks who sit in the seats next to me are a father and two teenagers. Presumably work/school/costs ruled them out. Two of the seats were taken by a man with a young boy aged around 8 or 9. His wee pasty face got whiter and whiter as the first half wore on and you could clearly see the wee fella needed his bed. They never returned after half time. So either, they had an expensively unfulfilling night out or they didn't much like sitting beside us and moved somewhere else.

School nights are difficult for folks with little kids. Folks with little kids predominantly sit in the North Lower. No surprise then that this section is quiet on evening games.

And, yes, it's expensive. Not everyone can afford every game.

hibee
26-09-2018, 04:47 PM
From the fag end of the Hughes era through Calderwood, Fenlon, Butcher and Stubbs I sat in a row of the FF Upper that had 2 other people in it, the row in front had 3 people in it and the row behind had 5. That wasn't exceptional, that was the norm; you could have expected maybe half a dozen more across the immediate area for a derby. Last night my row, albeit in a different section, was full, the row in front had one empty seat and the row behind was full.

Remember those days well, don’t miss the empty stand but do miss leaving at the final whistle and being down the stairs and out in less than a minute [emoji3]

pollution
26-09-2018, 04:59 PM
Since we won the Scottish Cup the League Cup no longer interests me.

Especially when it doesn't qualify for Europe.

Just Jimmy
26-09-2018, 05:17 PM
I watched on my couch at home in Lytham with a cuppa.

I have done several "day" trips for midweek matches in the past, but a three and a half hour drive, quick bite to eat and drink, match and then drive home getting in at around 1.30am pretty knackered is getting less appealing the older I get. I dare say I will do it again in the future but not very often. Sorry if that offends the pious. Well actually Im not, I dont particularly care.likewise. I was in at 7am today for my shift and I'm an extra 45 mins south of you on the south side of Manchester. I also ducked out of overtime at United game so I could watch Hibs and my skipper was totally fine with why when I told him. given that, I can't complain that I got to see us on TV.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Keith_M
26-09-2018, 05:26 PM
I was at the game, but it's nobody else's business as to why others didn't attend.

Oh and the two Singing Sections did very well yesterday, so kudos to them and the rest of the Fans that joined in.

Hibbyradge
26-09-2018, 05:26 PM
York.

Driving to Easter Road and back in one evening is too much, particularly on my own.

Keith_M
26-09-2018, 05:30 PM
His point is that he is a much better fan than everybody who didn’t go. :greengrin

That's the wan!

He's no as Über as me, cos I never got home till half past midnight

:wink:

Scouse Hibee
26-09-2018, 05:31 PM
Almost the end of the month, freezing cold, match on TV and, as you say, already plenty money already spent.

Last night wasn’t freezing cold, far from it.

Keith_M
26-09-2018, 05:32 PM
Just read the Aberdeen Attendance thread.

You named them all???

Wow, as Roy Castle was fond of singing, that's dedication

Haymaker
26-09-2018, 05:34 PM
In New Jersey.

Bostonhibby
26-09-2018, 05:42 PM
In New Jersey.Pathetic excuse. I was wearing my old Stanton 4 top for the occasion.[emoji6]

Neither of us will be allowed a ticket for tynecastle despite being at opposite ends of the sartorial scale.

Saturday Boy
26-09-2018, 05:43 PM
In New Jersey.

That’s an amazing coincidence, I was in a new jersey too. Bought it in the M&S outlet next to Sainsbury’s pre match. I thought I looked very smart at the game. And no-one noticed I still had the tags on.😄

Nevi_SOL
26-09-2018, 05:45 PM
Inverness and work until 1730

Lancs Harp
26-09-2018, 05:45 PM
I would like to publically apologise for not attending last night. I've put myself on a strict bread and water diet for the rest on the month and am wearing mainly sack cloth and crown of thorns today. Tomorrow at 2pm I will whipped through the streets of Lytham.

I am sincerely sorry.

The Modfather
26-09-2018, 05:46 PM
Excuses spouted last night included, its too expensive as its the end of the month, its a school night, its on tv and its too cold. Does that mean the same people will use these excuses and won't want or try to get a ticket for Tynecastle on the 31st of October because after all thats the end of the month, its too expensive, its a school night, its on tv and its too cold... Should be easy to get a ticket for this derby then.

While this thread, your point and my upcoming point have been done a hundred times before on hear. It still rankles whenever I here folk talk about “excuses”. Who do they owe justification to with what they choose to do with their own time or money?

I might have been there last night, I might not have bothered, what difference that makes to anyone else is baffling.

The Spaceman
26-09-2018, 05:47 PM
I was at Oktoberfest in Munich getting absolutely blootered :party:

brianmc
26-09-2018, 05:58 PM

I'll call bollocks on that right now Big Chief Über fan.

Firstly it's none of your effing business why people didn't attend last night's game - I wasn't there but as I'm now in my fourth decade as a Season Ticket holder I'm certainly not going to lower myself to the level where I need to justify myself to you.

It's also rubbish to suggest that every single fan that missed last night's game will be desperately trying to get tickets for the gorgie piggery - I know I won't, so bang goes that arguement.

(By the way though, it's nothing new where bigger games attract bigger crowds - so I can't quite understand your incessant whining and railing against your fellow fans).

I realise that you're a bitter troll who revels in the attention that yet another one of your many, many negative threads garners, but you should take a leaf out the book of the people you're so keen to berate - and take a day off once in a while.

Hermit Crab
26-09-2018, 06:09 PM
That's the wan!

He's no as Über as me, cos I never got home till half past midnight

Wanna bet? I’ve not been home since leaving Easter road last night and won’t be home until around 5am all going well. :na na:

Hermit Crab
26-09-2018, 06:13 PM
I'll call bollocks on that right now Big Chief Über fan.

Firstly it's none of your effing business why people didn't attend last night's game - I wasn't there but as I'm now in my fourth decade as a Season Ticket holder I'm certainly not going to lower myself to the level where I need to justify myself to you.

It's also rubbish to suggest that every single fan that missed last night's game will be desperately trying to get tickets for the gorgie piggery - I know I won't, so bang goes that arguement.

(By the way though, it's nothing new where bigger games attract bigger crowds - so I can't quite understand your incessant whining and railing against your fellow fans).

I realise that you're a bitter troll who revels in the attention that yet another one of your many, many negative threads garners, but you should take a leaf out the book of the people you're so keen to berate - and take a day off once in a while.

Why do folk bother posting excuses then? Post nothing if you’re not going and then there won’t be threads berating them. There seemed to be a lot of “justification” of why folk weren’t going where if they said nothing negative threads wouldn’t have appeared.

Bitter troll? Not a chance.

Fife-Hibee
26-09-2018, 06:22 PM
In Bangkok or would have been there !

Haymaker
26-09-2018, 06:23 PM
That’s an amazing coincidence, I was in a new jersey too. Bought it in the M&S outlet next to Sainsbury’s pre match. I thought I looked very smart at the game. And no-one noticed I still had the tags on.😄

:faf:

Scouse Hibee
26-09-2018, 06:27 PM
Why do folk bother posting excuses then? Post nothing if you’re not going and then there won’t be threads berating them. There seemed to be a lot of “justification” of why folk weren’t going where if they said nothing negative threads wouldn’t have appeared.

Why do you insist on labelling them excuses rather than reasons? No one has to justify their attendance or none attendance on this board therefore the word excuse is nonsense and very tiresome. Does there always have to be a dig at fellow supporters?

FranckSuzy
26-09-2018, 07:02 PM

See if I hadn't met you in person, I'd think you were just bitter and twisted, with nothing better to do than wind people up. Scratch that, since I have met you, I can confirm that you are indeed bitter and twisted, with nothing better to do than wind people up :agree: :devil:

CallumLaidlaw
26-09-2018, 07:08 PM

It didn’t drop below 12 degrees last night....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
26-09-2018, 07:13 PM

What's the difference between a reason and an excuse, in your mind?

WeeRussell
26-09-2018, 07:24 PM
I wasn’t there because there hasn’t been a rallying call thread on hibs.net for a while to make us get our fingers out and choose to go to the football.

Roll on Saturday :)

Speedy
26-09-2018, 07:26 PM
I lay on my couch and watched it on tv.

hibsbollah
26-09-2018, 07:27 PM
Why do folk bother posting excuses then?

I just thought people would like to know what I had for my tea. Its better than coming on and saying I missed the sheep league cup tie because the dog ate my ****ing homework.

tamig
26-09-2018, 07:30 PM
I was one of the lucky ones to secure a ticket in the FF lower. Tomorrow I’ll be in Benidorm.

PatHead
26-09-2018, 07:32 PM
I was one of the lucky ones to secure a ticket in the FF lower. Tomorrow I’ll be in Benidorm.

Hope you are back for Saturday or you will need to get your parents to send a letter to Hermit.

tamig
26-09-2018, 07:33 PM

Maybe so but you’re not talking wind chill. Baltic.

CallumLaidlaw
26-09-2018, 07:33 PM
Maybe so but you’re not talking wind chill. Baltic.

I didn’t really think it was. I was prepared for cold but the gloves and hat stayed off.

hibsbollah
26-09-2018, 07:34 PM

:grr : and miss a crucial away tie? You'd better doggone well be back in time for the Hamilton game :grr:

tamig
26-09-2018, 07:42 PM
:grr : and miss a crucial away tie? You'd better doggone well be back in time for the Hamilton game :grr:

I know I know. Feel dirty admitting it. There’s a Hibs boozer though so hopefully they’ll have Hibs TV.

tamig
26-09-2018, 07:44 PM
I didn’t really think it was. I was prepared for cold but the gloves and hat stayed off.

It was kind of exposed where I was sitting. Nobody there and I should have been more prepared for the cooler conditions.

wookie70
26-09-2018, 07:48 PM
The FFL is the only part of the ground that does have a reason to be emptier than usual. I was two kids short last night in the Upper West as getting home around 11pm is too late on a school night for some kids. It has been an expensive season so far and that is even more so when you have to buy multiple tickets out of a single pocket

The Modfather
26-09-2018, 07:54 PM
The FFL is the only part of the ground that does have a reason to be emptier than usual. I was two kids short last night in the Upper West as getting home around 11pm is too late on a school night for some kids. It has been an expensive season so far and that is even more so when you have to buy multiple tickets out of a single pocket

Excuses excuses, beg Hermit Crab for forgiveness and hope he is in a charitable mood and will exonerate you 😀

PatHead
26-09-2018, 07:58 PM
Excuses excuses, beg Hermit Crab for forgiveness and hope he is in a charitable mood and will exonerate you 😀

You won’t deserve a ticket for Tynie so don’t even ask.

marinello59
26-09-2018, 08:07 PM
See if I hadn't met you in person, I'd think you were just bitter and twisted, with nothing better to do than wind people up. Scratch that, since I have met you, I can confirm that you are indeed bitter and twisted, with nothing better to do than wind people up :agree: :devil:

When I met him he was wearing what looked like a green Superman costume with a Hibs crest where the Superman logo usually is.

FranckSuzy
26-09-2018, 08:16 PM
When I met him he was wearing what looked like a green Superman costume with a Hibs crest where the Superman logo usually is.

Nice he made the effort.

Hibrandenburg
26-09-2018, 10:15 PM

Hope you don't have to sit on a plane near a bunch of "lads" who consider letting out huge farts in confined spaces good patter.

Saturday Boy
26-09-2018, 10:42 PM
Hope you don't have to sit on a plane near a bunch of "lads" who consider letting out huge farts in confined spaces good patter.

I hope that’s not a flight deck joke 😱

broondog
26-09-2018, 10:59 PM

Thoughts?

was out the country for work when the match was on and had to catch it on TV not that that's any of your business. getting really sick and tired of this nonsense. you criticise fans for not turning up or acting in a way that you find unacceptable without knowing the circumstances.

very similar to the debate I had with a mate about HSL and my refusal to pay into it. a big chunk of my money goes to the club but I decide where to draw the line. if fans want to pay into something I view as a con and something which I think is a poor attempt to copy the failed Hearts model be my guest. point is stop dictating to others when you haven't got a clue what you're talking about

Haymaker
26-09-2018, 11:10 PM
In the pub.

BILLYHIBS
27-09-2018, 06:58 AM
was out the country for work when the match was on and had to catch it on TV not that that's any of your business. getting really sick and tired of this nonsense. you criticise fans for not turning up or acting in a way that you find unacceptable without knowing the circumstances.

very similar to the debate I had with a mate about HSL and my refusal to pay into it. a big chunk of my money goes to the club but I decide where to draw the line. if fans want to pay into something I view as a con and something which I think is a poor attempt to copy the failed Hearts model be my guest. point is stop dictating to others when you haven't got a clue what you're talking about

OK excuse accepted!

If you HAD been at the game on Tuesday night and if you had witnessed the gaps in the stands you would have been asking the same question after all it was a domestic League Cup QF against one of our main rivals.

It is a valid question and I was only putting out there what everyone was commenting on on the night that and the missed chances.

That is after all what fan forums are for.

I was merely inviting feedback from my fellow posters on the size of the HIBS support.

I was quite pleased that no one said it was a *****y home support.

I cannot comment on your views on HSL as it has nothing to do with my original question and that of course is another topic and has its own thread.

Many thanks for your feedback.

Have a nice day!

we are hibs
27-09-2018, 08:11 AM
Was at the game but not going to get on my high horse about those who weren't. That's their choice. Obviously we would all have preferred a sold out Easter road the other night but not everyone's life revolves around football. I find it hard to understand why people get worked up about others not attending games. It's not as if the crowd being 11k or whatever it was rather than 16k made much of a difference to the way we played.

greenlex
27-09-2018, 08:30 AM
I wasn’t there and I didn’t watch it on the telly either.

Bostonhibby
27-09-2018, 08:34 AM
I wasn’t there and I didn’t watch it on the telly either.

You've got even less chance of a ticket for the tynecastle derby than the rest of us.......

Lago
27-09-2018, 08:38 AM
Just back a few days following surgery, in Ninewells Hospital, to remove malignant melanoma from my foot & 2 lymph nodes from my groin.

bigwheel
27-09-2018, 08:40 AM
Just back a few days following surgery, in Ninewells Hospital, to remove malignant melanoma from my foot & 2 lymph nodes from my groin.

Well that puts fitba into perspective....wishing you all the best and a full recovery ! [emoji109]

Lago
27-09-2018, 08:49 AM
Well that puts fitba into perspective....wishing you all the best and a full recovery ! [emoji109]
I can assure you it really does. On crutches at the moment so not a happy chappy. See Consultant in 5 weeks to discuss lab results. All from a blo....dy mole on the sole of my foot. Thank you for your kind thoughts.

bigwheel
27-09-2018, 08:51 AM
I can assure you it really does. On crutches at the moment so not a happy chappy. See Consultant in 5 weeks to discuss lab results. All from a blo....dy mole on the sole of my foot. Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Pffft. That’s scary...Well done for getting it investigated. Hope the results come back with good news ...

NAE NOOKIE
27-09-2018, 08:52 AM
Of the 5 of us who usually go 3 were missing. One with man flu, one coz they don't do midweek games and one for reasons unknown.

I usually sit in the FF lower but for PATG games I usually choose the FF upper ……. The good thing about both locations is that you don't have to look at the FF lower with its hundreds of empty seats :greengrin

Hibs really need to move the family section …. In fact they need to do away with a family section altogether and distribute parent and child seats throughout the stadium. For the tiny amount it costs for a kids ST parents should be more than happy to find themselves in the west lower and the end sections of the east stand. This hard headed mindset Hibs have gotten themselves into over the issue of the FF lower is incredibly short sighted IMO … its an absolute waste of the best location in the stadium for creating an atmosphere and the empty seats damage the clubs image when games like the one on Tuesday are televised.

Its that simple and if Hibs continue to ignore it its pretty clear to me they don't recognise the value of atmosphere and image in promoting a better product on the park and encouraging folk watching on TV to think that a trip to Easter Road might be worthwhile. Some folk might not agree with me, but I bet folk making millions advising huge corporations on image promotion ( including those in the entertainment industry ) certainly would.

Lago
27-09-2018, 08:52 AM
:aok:
Pffft. That’s scary...Well done for getting it investigated. Hope the results come back with good news ...

Fuzzywuzzy
27-09-2018, 09:36 AM
When folk talk about the ff lower being a massive voids these types of games is that there is absolutely nothing stopping anyone buying a ticket when they go on general sale. I sit in the ff lower, I wasn't at the game, ticket was released, no one sat in my seat. That's not my fault. I do not have that seat officially for cup games. First refusal yes. There was still plenty time when they went on general sale for tickets to be bought.

Also, there is a large amount of adults that sit in the ff lower who do not go with kids, that by the looks of things weren't in attendance. So to put the blame solely on folk with kids not attending is a lot of *****

BILLYHIBS
27-09-2018, 09:37 AM

Sorry to hear that mate!

Well done for getting it investigated

Hope you get the all clear soon

Definately more important things than a stupid game of football

greenlex
27-09-2018, 09:59 AM
You've got even less chance of a ticket for the tynecastle derby than the rest of us.......
Oh I know I’ll get one. I won’t be there either.

Peevemor
27-09-2018, 10:07 AM
Last night wasn’t freezing cold, far from it.

It was baltic across here. :greengrin

My_Wife_Camille
27-09-2018, 10:20 AM
What's the difference between a reason and an excuse, in your mind?

Brilliant, the best parts of .net threads are where we start getting distracted with semantics :flag:

Imo a reason is something you choose or have ownership over the situation, like Hibsbollah’s choice to go for a curry instead.

An excuse is where you give up ownership of the situation and make out as if it’s out of your hands. So if Hibsbollah had posted saying ‘I would have gone but I wasn’t able to because I had to go for a curry and I couldn’t get out of it’ then it would have been an excuse rather than a reason even though it was the same end result.

How would you distinguish them?

FilipinoHibs
27-09-2018, 10:30 AM
I was in Singapore. Got up at 3am to watch the game. Kept saying I would go to bed but watched right till the last penalty. Went back to bed not dreaming of Hibs goals but how well we played. Roll on Saturday.

Forza Fred
27-09-2018, 10:39 AM
I’m in Sydney, where it was a 4-45am kick off, but the wife and I went to bed early so we could get up and get Hibs Tv on Apple TV

We were up early, and after extra time it was after 7 am when she went to bed...I stayed up as I knew I would not get to sleep right away.

I eventually went for a kip at 10am and got up at 1pm for lunch....but the rest of the day was spent yawning and falling asleep on the couch........never got out my pyjamas all day, and the wife was knackered too until the next day.

Pretty knackering for both of us, a bit like a 23 hour flight actually.....guess I should have made the effort to be there......

Lancs Harp
27-09-2018, 10:40 AM
Brilliant, the best parts of .net threads are where we start getting distracted with semantics :flag:

Imo a reason is something you choose or have ownership over the situation, like Hibsbollah’s choice to go for a curry instead.

An excuse is where you give up ownership of the situation and make out as if it’s out of your hands. So if Hibsbollah had posted saying ‘I would have gone but I wasn’t able to because I had to go for a curry and I couldn’t get out of it’ then it would have been an excuse rather than a reason even though it was the same end result.

Labels labels labels

So me living miles away (ownership of the situation is out of my hands) is an excuse not a reason? :greengrin Dont give up the day job :greengrin

hfc rd
27-09-2018, 10:50 AM
I was simply at home and wanted to watch the game on the tv instead. No one should be getting hounded out because they weren’t at a football game nor should they have to come and explain why. It’s their own personal choice. Not everyone’s life evolves around attending Hibs games. Reading some of the comments on this thread, folk on here think not attending a Hibs game is simply unacceptable.

PatHead
27-09-2018, 11:11 AM
This thread must be the most epic fail of a rallying call ever.

patlowe
27-09-2018, 11:12 AM
11k+ is, in my time as a Hibs supporter at least, a pretty decent crowd for a midweek league cup match. Having said that, the lack of people behind the goals in the FF, as well as simply looking bad from a PR point of view, emphasised the difference in attendance compared to your average league game. I'm sure there are various reasons for people not attending but that doesn't mean it's unreasonable to discuss why some crowds are bigger or lower than others; fans through the gate are our main source of revenue so it's in the interest of the club and fans to analyse these things. If you live in Swaziland, or were working, or can't afford a ticket, of course we wouldn't expect you to go, but it's still worth discussing general issues around attendance and how it could be maximised.

CropleyWasGod
27-09-2018, 11:15 AM
I wasn't at the game.

I didn't watch it on the telly.

Why? That's nobody's ****ing business.

Does that count as an excuse or a reason?

My_Wife_Camille
27-09-2018, 11:19 AM
Labels labels labels

So me living miles away (ownership of the situation is out of my hands) is an excuse not a reason? :greengrin Dont give up the day job :greengrin
Ah but you see, by saying you can’t go because you live in Lytham you are giving up ownership so it’s an excuse. It implies that the distance is the only thing stopping you from going but really it’s about the same distance as Edinburgh to Dingwall and I’ve lost count of the number of times we’ve trekked up there on a cold midweek evening, so it is possible.

A reason would be if you’d just said you can’t be arsed with such a long journey on a school night :greengrin

PatHead
I wasn't at the game.

Did you get your nat?

Lancs Harp
I've gone through 3 bags of popcorn reading this thread. Top entertainment. Im off to get my sugar checked.:wink:

My_Wife_Camille
27-09-2018, 11:20 AM
I wasn't at the game.

Not enough information to tell

pollution
27-09-2018, 11:20 AM
All this because we lost.

I wish this thread be stopped. It is Jambo-esque.

BILLYHIBS
27-09-2018, 11:24 AM
This thread must be the most epic fail of a rallying call ever.

This

https://youtu.be/Bop4rr6sUQo

:greengrin

PatHead
27-09-2018, 11:26 AM
This

https://youtu.be//Bop4rr6sUQo

:greengrin

Okay you win.

CropleyWasGod
27-09-2018, 11:27 AM
Not enough information to tell

Good :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
27-09-2018, 11:28 AM
Okay you win.

:thumbsup:

Bad Martini
27-09-2018, 11:29 AM
I thought this line of questioning was outlawed at the same time flag debates, calendar threads and baked beans were deemed off the menu :greengrin

Doctors lines/notes from parents/deathbed excuses are not valid and anyone not there deserves public lashing :na na::greengrin

(I wasn't there either)

HoboHarry
27-09-2018, 11:41 AM
I thought this line of questioning was outlawed at the same time flag debates, calendar threads and baked beans were deemed off the menu :greengrin

Doctors lines/notes from parents/deathbed excuses are not valid and anyone not there deserves public lashing :na na::greengrin

(I wasn't there either)
Baked beans off the menu? Balls to that, for the first time in almost 20 years I can buy them (and Marmite) at my local grocery store. Now if they would only start carrying pork pies........

Bostonhibby
27-09-2018, 12:07 PM
Baked beans off the menu? Balls to that, for the first time in almost 20 years I can buy them (and Marmite) at my local grocery store. Now if they would only start carrying pork pies........Pork pies? No chance, health & safety. In the wrong hands minced up pig, pastry circles and gelatine is a lethal weapon and shouldn't be allowed in a football ground.

Andy.1875
27-09-2018, 01:22 PM

Thoughts?

Wife was out so it was my sex night with her sister.

PatHead
27-09-2018, 01:23 PM
Wife was out so it was my sex night with her sister.

You a Hearts supporter?

Andy.1875
27-09-2018, 01:27 PM
You a Hearts supporter?

Never though off it that way. Maybe I should get down to the Hearts shop for some gimp gear :wink:

Keith_M
27-09-2018, 01:32 PM

Sounds like a loada balls to me!

Lago
27-09-2018, 01:34 PM
Sorry to hear that mate!

Well done for getting it investigated

Hope you get the all clear soon

Definately more important things than a stupid game of football
Again thanks for the kind thoughts. Hopefully caught early, time will tell. Have to admit there was a lot of encouragement from my wife ( get down to the Doctor's) which was helpful.☺️

Lago
27-09-2018, 01:35 PM
Says more about you than me.

Keith_M
27-09-2018, 01:38 PM
Says more about you than me.

Eh, naw, you're the one that had big lumps removed from his groin.

PatHead
27-09-2018, 01:49 PM
Never though off it that way. Maybe I should get down to the Hearts shop for some gimp gear :wink:

😂

Smartie
27-09-2018, 01:52 PM

If you tell a patient what is going to go wrong before you do it it is a reason, if you do it afterwards then it is an excuse.

So if Lennon comes out and says before the game that we're down to the bare bones up front and we're struggling to get fit strikers onto the park, you might be a bit more understanding when we can't hit a coo's erse with a banjo. If your team has been decimated by injury, you know you've got (insert name of choice of referee here) who never gives you a decision, your team is miles smaller and has a genetic disadvantage at set pieces etc - identify it in advance and it will be accepted as a reason.

If he comes out before the game saying we're in tip top shape and comes out after the game blaming the weather/ referee/ etc etc then those are excuses.

wpj
27-09-2018, 03:58 PM

Why do folks bother to make excuses? Surely because your post asked them to. Now you have several reasons in reply you can perhaps find a new subject to get high and mighty about. Tiresome drivel.

Jonnyboy
27-09-2018, 05:01 PM
You a Hearts supporter?

Dinnae be daft, if he was a Hearts fan it would have been a night with his own sister 😉

Keith_M
27-09-2018, 05:29 PM
Where Are You!

Just a wee update: I'm now on the train home from work, in Weegieland.

For howw long is it we need to report in, and are daily updates OK?

FitbaFolkKen
27-09-2018, 05:35 PM

Thoughts?

I was watching in Ipswich, working away unfortunately.

I'm not a fan of threads like this as the majority of people who are missing out genuinely feel like they are missing out. Whether that be work, family, financial or whatever the reason is.

Mr_F
27-09-2018, 05:41 PM

Slaver

Carheenlea
27-09-2018, 05:45 PM
I’m still in the ground applauding the teams efforts for what was at times an excellent performance.

Albanian Hibs
27-09-2018, 05:46 PM
All this because we lost.

I wish this thread be stopped. It is Jambo-esque.

Nah, all this because Hertz got a bigger crowd than us. Its pathetic.

BILLYHIBS
27-09-2018, 05:49 PM

Nae need !

Keith_M
27-09-2018, 05:55 PM
Nae need !

Jeezo, no another one!

BILLYHIBS
27-09-2018, 05:57 PM

Jeezo, no another one!

Just gonnae no !

houstonhibbee
27-09-2018, 06:08 PM
baked beans off the menu? Balls to that, for the first time in almost 20 years i can buy them (and marmite) at my local grocery store. Now if they would only start carrying pork pies........

h.e.b.?

matty_f
27-09-2018, 06:21 PM

He's not even allowed to watch the derby on TV.

Lago
27-09-2018, 06:36 PM
Nae need !
Ignore him, thinks he's funny, sadly he's not just ignorant.

BILLYHIBS
27-09-2018, 06:44 PM
Get well soon mate!

The hibee family is always here for you

😁👍🏾⚽️🏆🇳🇬

Lago
27-09-2018, 06:54 PM
Get well soon mate!

The hibee family is always here for you

😁👍🏾⚽️🏆🇳🇬
:aok:

HoboHarry
27-09-2018, 07:01 PM
h.e.b.?
No Kroger as a matter of fact - they opened a plush new store near me to try and compete with HEB........

Eyrie
27-09-2018, 07:32 PM
I wanted to go but decided to stay away because I enjoy upsetting the no-lives who obsess about why fans can't make every game.

Hermit Crab
27-09-2018, 07:53 PM
Where Are You!

You need to post a picture of you on said train.

Hibernia&Alba
27-09-2018, 07:53 PM
I was in the East, as usual. Our current attendances are fantastic: remember, we were at around 8000 for a long time, and are now double that. Long may it continue :flag:

Hibernia&Alba
27-09-2018, 07:55 PM
I wasn't at the game.

You were busy reading over the financial reports of every SPFL club? :greengrin

Just Jimmy
27-09-2018, 07:57 PM
I was in the East, as usual. Our current attendances are fantastic: remember, we were at around 8000 for a long time, and are now double that. Long may it continue :flag:funny enough mate, I had a season ticket through all those years. even the Williamson dross when we would have been playing to 6-8k last night.

now we're good I'm miles away from it. sods luck

Hibernia&Alba
27-09-2018, 08:04 PM
funny enough mate, I had a season ticket through all those years. even the Williamson dross when we would have been playing to 6-8k last night.

Aye Jimmy, our attendances were poor for many a year, as many Hibees were disenchanted with the club off and on the pitch. Our attendances just now are excellent, and the club is on an upward trajectory, but some folk are still unhappy. I just don't get it. Let's celebrate how far we've come in a few years.

Bostonhibby
27-09-2018, 08:20 PM
He's not even allowed to watch the derby on TV.Mines is being siezed by bailiffs before kick off and I'm one of those extremists who haven't been to the megasuperhotelstadium where the yams are involved since the mercer takeover bid.

Bostonhibby
27-09-2018, 08:23 PM
funny enough mate, I had a season ticket through all those years. even the Williamson dross when we would have been playing to 6-8k last night.

Sent from my SM-A520F using TapatalkAm proud, but more or less permanently damaged to say the same. The good old days where a season ticket meant you had an extensive range of seat choices and a wee lie doon to watch the seagulls wasn't a problem when the action on the pitch wasn't great.

Hibbyradge
27-09-2018, 09:02 PM

You didn't just google " what's the difference between a reason and an excuse?", by any chance?

CropleyWasGod
27-09-2018, 09:12 PM
You were busy reading over the financial reports of every SPFL club? :greengrinIt's a specialist section on YouPorn.

Hibbyradge
27-09-2018, 09:16 PM
If you tell a patient what is going to go wrong before you do it it is a reason, if you do it afterwards then it is an excuse.

So if Lennon comes out and says before the game that we're down to the bare bones up front and we're struggling to get fit strikers onto the park, you might be a bit more understanding when we can't hit a coo's erse with a banjo. If your team has been decimated by injury, you know you've got (insert name of choice of referee here) who never gives you a decision, your team is miles smaller and has a genetic disadvantage at set pieces etc - identify it in advance and it will be accepted as a reason.

If he comes out before the game saying we're in tip top shape and comes out after the game blaming the weather/ referee/ etc etc then those are excuses.

I'm not sure I agree.

If the wind is blowing a hooley and the players are struggling to make passed and control the ball, that might be a reason for a poor display.

If the pitch gets very wet and slippery, and the players can't stay upright or sprint, that would be a reason.

bookert
27-09-2018, 09:24 PM
I wanted to go but decided to stay away because I enjoy upsetting the no-lives who obsess about why fans can't make every game.

This always makes me laugh, I can't be bothered going, but happy to take the time to come on here and say I can't be bothered going. Why bother.

Hibbyradge
27-09-2018, 09:29 PM
This always makes me laugh, I can't be bothered going, but happy to take the time to come on here and say I can't be bothered going. Why bother.

This always makes me laugh.

Someone wondering why another can be bothered posting that they can't be bothered, then asking them why they bother.

Eyrie
27-09-2018, 09:35 PM
I'm not going to bother replying to this.

Hibbyradge
27-09-2018, 09:42 PM
I'm not going to bother replying to this.

:tee hee:

Hibernia&Alba
27-09-2018, 09:43 PM
It's a specialist section on YouPorn.

It's a niche interest, certainly; file alongside BDSM. :greengrin

McD
27-09-2018, 09:46 PM
Newcastle.

Seeing you write HIBS with lower case letters doesn’t look right!

Isnt thta how how it’s written in your username? :greengrin

majorhibs
27-09-2018, 09:46 PM
I was abroad & couldn’t attend. But I did a lot before. & may again in future! But I am off to flagellate right now due to the absolute perfect ubers & the fact that if I work in South America for a period of time I am not as good as these supporters who NEVER miss a game now or even last year! Hats off to the big guys!

CropleyWasGod
27-09-2018, 09:48 PM
It's a niche interest, certainly; file alongside BDSM. :greengrinUm

Book keeping
Debits
Sales tax

I can never mind what the M is.

majorhibs
27-09-2018, 09:54 PM
Um

Book keeping
Debits
Sales tax

“The M in yer zombies?”

CropleyWasGod
27-09-2018, 09:57 PM
“The M in yer zombies?”Muppet.

Thanks for reminding me [emoji38]

My_Wife_Camille
27-09-2018, 10:01 PM
You didn't just google " what's the difference between a reason and an excuse?", by any chance?
No but I’m assuming you did!

Bostonhibby
27-09-2018, 10:08 PM
It's a specialist section on YouPorn.

Sent from my SM-A520F using TapatalkIs that the one where you stay at home on a match night studying balance sheets whilst tied to a chair in front of a blank TV screen wearing just your Zibi goalkeeping gloves and folk pelt you with pound coins?

Just asking for a friend [emoji6]

CropleyWasGod
27-09-2018, 10:11 PM
Is that the one where you stay at home on a match night studying balance sheets whilst tied to a chair in front of a blank TV screen wearing just your Zibi goalkeeping gloves and folk pelt you with pound coins?

Just asking for a friend [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using TapatalkOnly if you use a double entry system.

Hibernia&Alba
27-09-2018, 10:13 PM
Um

Book keeping
Debits
Sales tax

Monthly expenses.

It's a weird interest :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
27-09-2018, 10:16 PM
Monthly expenses.

It's a weird interest :greengrinYou and Boston need to get a room.

Hibernia&Alba
27-09-2018, 10:19 PM
You and Boston need to get a room.

Hibbyradge
27-09-2018, 10:21 PM
No but I’m assuming you did!

Indeed I did, directly after I saw your reply.

Your explanation is remarkably similar to the very first one I encountered which is why I asked. Coincidences, eh.

FWIW, I usually think of an excuse as being less than 100% truthful, laden with guilt because you've done something wrong, or not done something you should have.

I don't think anyone needs to make an excuse to miss a football match.

A reason is truthful. "I couldn't be arsed" is a reason.

CropleyWasGod
27-09-2018, 10:25 PM

Your explanation is remarkably similar to the very first one I encountered which is why I asked. Coincidences, eh.

FWIW, I usually think of an excuse as being less than 100% truthful, laden with guilt because you've done something wrong, or not done something you should have.

A reason is truthful. "I couldn't be arsed" is a reason.So there you have it.

Boston's....um...scenario is a reason, and not an excuse. There is no guilt or shame attached to his....I mean his friend's.... actions.

None. At. All.

Bostonhibby
27-09-2018, 10:26 PM
Only if you use a double entry system.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk[emoji106]

I'll let my friend know. I think he'll probably just go to Hibs games instead.

Hibbyradge
27-09-2018, 10:29 PM
So there you have it.

Boston's....um...scenario is a reason, and not an excuse. There is no guilt or shame attached to his....I mean his friend's.... actions.

Is he saying that he wasn't at the game because he was voluntarily tied to the chair in Zibi gloves, getting pelted with pound coins?

That's not just a reason.

It's a bloody good reason.

My_Wife_Camille
27-09-2018, 10:30 PM

A reason is truthful. "I couldn't be arsed" is a reason.
Probably not a coincidence, it's something that was briefly touched upon when doing my degree so I'm not surprised it's similar :greengrin

I agree that there's no need to make excuses for missing a football match which is why I think it's daft when people do!

CropleyWasGod
27-09-2018, 10:32 PM
Is he saying that he wasn't at the game because he was voluntarily tied to the chair in Zibi gloves, getting pelted with pound coins?

It's a bloody good reason.And he will get his ticket for Tynie. He'll be the half time entertainment in front of the Wheatsheaf Stand.

Bostonhibby
27-09-2018, 10:34 PM

It's a bloody good reason.Just for the record, the scenario in question was one that might have existed on the channel CWG was promoting earlier[emoji5]

BILLYHIBS
27-09-2018, 11:15 PM
If we all took the view cannae be bothered going I’ll just watch it on the telly there would be nobody there.

What struck me was the number of empty seats to the front back left and right of me that are normally rammed full of ST holders that had obviously decided to go for the telly option

Cannot blame them their choice.

Money is tight

It was ideal it meant I could sit where I wanted waiting on a goal that never came

Not having a go at fans that are residents abroad live down south on holiday working or have young kiddies after pens it was way too late on a school night for school bairns

Not asking for sicknotes excuses or whatever

My own view is if you buy a season ticket you are in for the long haul granted it was better if it included cup ties but that is another topic

ST holders you know who you are and I know where you sit. :greengrin

monktonharp
28-09-2018, 12:13 AM

You're missing the point. The excuses used for not attending last night will be tossed to one side and forgotten when tickets go on sale for Hearts away. Would rather folk were just honest and said they didn't want to go last night or they wanted to watch it on tv instead.you sir, are missing more than one point. you are continually harping on and making snidey remarks about fan involvement and attendance(s) for some unknown reason. look back at the last couple of seasons and the fan attendances over them. they have been "fantastic" and even the away attendendces have been really good. Supporters have other things going on in their lives, as well as Hibernian fc. Supporters also have kids to bring up, rent to pay, electricity/gas to pay and these are all just basics. try taking a couple of wee yins to a game....ah wanna pizza.... etc .get bloody real.

Fuzzywuzzy
28-09-2018, 07:03 AM
If we all took the view cannae be bothered going I’ll just watch it on the telly there would be nobody there.

What struck me was the number of empty seats to the front back left and right of me that are normally rammed full of ST holders that had obviously decided to go for the telly option

Cannot blame them their choice.

Money is tight

It was ideal it meant I could sit where I wanted waiting on a goal that never came

Not having a go at fans that are residents abroad live down south on holiday working or have young kiddies after pens it was way too late on a school night for school bairns

Not asking for sicknotes excuses or whatever

My own view is if you buy a season ticket you are in for the long haul granted it was better if it included cup ties but that is another topic

ST holders you know who you are and I know where you sit. :greengrin

But that's the thing, your don't buy a season ticket for the cup games (Do they still do the top up thingy?). You have option of first refusal. You don't take the option they get released for general sale so anybody could have bought the tickets.

BILLYHIBS
28-09-2018, 07:05 AM
But that's the thing, your don't buy a season ticket for the cup games (Do they still do the top up thingy?). You have option of first refusal. You don't take the option they get released for general sale so anybody could have bought the tickets.
That’s the problem nobody did! :confused:

Fuzzywuzzy
28-09-2018, 07:19 AM
That’s the problem nobody did! :confused:

I know it wouldn't be popular but the club could, in theory, release tranches of tickets once on general sale. Fill up ff lower, then open up the rest:dunno:

Hermit Crab
28-09-2018, 02:17 PM
you sir, are missing more than one point. you are continually harping on and making snidey remarks about fan involvement and attendance(s) for some unknown reason. look back at the last couple of seasons and the fan attendances over them. they have been "fantastic" and even the away attendendces have been really good. Supporters have other things going on in their lives, as well as Hibernian fc. Supporters also have kids to bring up, rent to pay, electricity/gas to pay and these are all just basics. try taking a couple of wee yins to a game....ah wanna pizza.... etc .get bloody real.

I've been paying for 2 x ST's and AST's since they were introduced, before that I was buying away 2 away tickets for every game for the last 5 years and before that I was buying just for myself. I know what its like to take kids to the games. It won't be long until my 6 month old son will be going to games with me as well. I have a mortgage and bills to pay as well so I don't need the lecture about bills etc. I'm not well off or anything, I just budget to live within my means and ensure I can go to matches.

And before you say it I'm not suggesting anyone should live outwit their means or put themselves in debt to go to the football, thats just ridiculous.

The Modfather
28-09-2018, 03:02 PM
I've been paying for 2 x ST's and AST's since they were introduced, before that I was buying away 2 away tickets for every game for the last 5 years and before that I was buying just for myself. I know what its like to take kids to the games. It won't be long until my 6 month old son will be going to games with me as well. I have a mortgage and bills to pay as well so I don't need the lecture about bills etc. I'm not well off or anything, I just budget to live within my means and ensure I can go to matches.

And before you say it I'm not suggesting anyone should live outwit their means or put themselves in debt to go to the football, thats just ridiculous.

But none of that has much relevance. You either go to the game or you don’t. Doesn’t bother me one way or the other what strangers do with their time or money. It seems important to some though.

Keith_M
29-09-2018, 09:34 AM
Where Are You!

It's now saturday morning and I'm sitting in my living room, feeling a bit rough.

I've been planning to go to the game all week, then yesterday it looked like I wasn't able to go, so I didn't buy tickets.

My calendar has suddenly cleared up, so I'll have to get through early to be one of the lucky 250 PATG'ers.

I'll report back later :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-09-2018, 09:41 AM
Im on the 900 through to the weej, quite a few Hibbies on it.

Haymaker
30-09-2018, 02:22 AM
Back in the local.

Hibernia&Alba
30-09-2018, 02:30 AM
Back in the local.
At 3:30 in the morning??

Haymaker
30-09-2018, 02:36 AM
At 3:30 in the morning??

22.30 in New Jersey :agree:

Hibernia&Alba
30-09-2018, 03:04 AM
22.30 in New Jersey :agree:

Whit ye daen there? Have you emigrated?

Haymaker
30-09-2018, 03:06 AM
Whit ye daen there? Have you emigrated?

Oh I jet here, I jet there...

Hibernia&Alba
30-09-2018, 03:16 AM
Oh I jet here, I jet there...

Whit? Berwick is as far as I get. Whit's happening; are you on holiday or working out there?

Haymaker
30-09-2018, 03:26 AM
Whit? Berwick is as far as I get. Whit's happening; are you on holiday or working out there?

Working my good sir.

Hibernia&Alba
30-09-2018, 03:35 AM
Working my good sir.

Good stuff, enjoy your time over there. Do you know how long you will be out there?

Haymaker
30-09-2018, 03:44 AM
Good stuff, enjoy your time over there. Do you know how long you will be out there?

For the foreseeable future.

HoboHarry
30-09-2018, 03:47 AM
For the foreseeable future.
Which, I imagine, means forever. Bit like my good self.......:agree:

Haymaker
30-09-2018, 03:48 AM
Which, I imagine, means forever. Bit like my good self.......:agree:

I hope so Hobo. I want to get down your way for some HS football. Texas style.

HoboHarry
30-09-2018, 03:51 AM
I hope so Hobo. I want to get down your way for some HS football. Texas style.
Knock yourself out mate - always room, BBQ, wine and beer at the Hobo hoose for fellow Hibees. I am about 40 minutes north of downtown Houston......

Haymaker
30-09-2018, 03:54 AM
Knock yourself out mate - always room, BBQ, wine and beer at the Hobo hoose for fellow Hibees. I am about 40 minutes north of downtown Houston......

I'm looking into it!

HoboHarry
30-09-2018, 04:02 AM
I'm looking into it!
Give me a weeks notice just to be able to work out work commitments but seriously, there's an open house for Hibees.......