PDA

View Full Version : Joe Lewis

TelaStella
26-09-2018, 11:52 AM
Did anybody else notice last night his positioning and movements for the penalties? Absolutely miles off his line for all of them and we know he’s already got history for it. Couldn’t believe the linesmen observing had nothing to say about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Argylehibby
26-09-2018, 11:59 AM
Did anybody else notice last night his positioning and movements for the penalties? Absolutely miles off his line for all of them and we know he’s already got history for it. Couldn’t believe the linesmen observing had nothing to say about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bogdan pointed it out to the linesman after the first penalty and he still did SFA about it. Keeper stood a foot or so behind the line and the officials seem to think that he's still the right side of the line when its taken even though he's moving forward 2 yards before the ball is played. Complete joke TBH.

hulk
26-09-2018, 02:46 PM
Bogdan pointed it out to the linesman after the first penalty and he still did SFA about it. Keeper stood a foot or so behind the line and the officials seem to think that he's still the right side of the line when its taken even though he's moving forward 2 yards before the ball is played. Complete joke TBH.

We shouldn’t be surprised as ref was a joke all night

CapitalGreen
26-09-2018, 03:14 PM

If Bogdan noticed the officials were doing nothing about it maybe he should have done the same.

Mallan's penalty was saved because it was awful, not because Lewis was off his line.

easty
26-09-2018, 03:52 PM
If Bogdan noticed the officials were doing nothing about it maybe he should have done the same.

Mallan's penalty was saved because it was awful, not because Lewis was off his line.

I noticed him speaking to the official tae, and that's exactly what I thought at the time - if you can see it's being allowed...then you do it too!

Also agree about Mallan's pen, it wasn't good.

SouthMoroccoStu
26-09-2018, 04:51 PM
Sadly he always seems to have a good game against us

His interview was at full time was a joke, saying Aberdeen deserved the win!

What a bell end!

Onceinawhile
27-09-2018, 07:00 AM
He's said he did it, the assistant saw it, and told him off about it!

So the assistant saw the foul and instead of ordering a retake, did nothing.

Imagine they had that attitude to handball or offside. We'd be through. Or you know if he had done his job and Mallan had retaken and scored we'd be through.

Unreal.

Wheat Hound
27-09-2018, 07:08 AM
Just seen his latest interview where he admits breaking the rules and claims the linesman was fully aware of this, warned him yet done nothing?!
What's the point!

CorrieHibs
27-09-2018, 07:39 AM
He's said he did it, the assistant saw it, and told him off about it!

So the assistant saw the foul and instead of ordering a retake, did nothing.

Imagine they had that attitude to handball or offside. We'd be through. Or you know if he had done his job and Mallan had retaken and scored we'd be through.

Unreal.

I wonder if he’ll get away with that in the semi’s against the Huns if it goes to pens 🤔

neil7908
27-09-2018, 07:43 AM
Lewis was apparently "ticked off" by the assistant ref for this. So the official noticed an Aberdeen player committing an infringement that gave his team a clear advantage. But rather than getting the penalty retaken, they chose to give him a finger wagging!?

Not one for conspiracy theories but it does feel like the officials didn't want us to win this one.

G B Young
27-09-2018, 07:49 AM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/league-cup/hibs-adam-bogdan-unhappy-at-joe-lewis-after-aberdeen-shootout-1-4805872

His explanation for this tactic still doesn't take it within the rules. He's basically saying he takes a 'run-up' from behind the line which then propels him two or three feet in front of the line as the ball is kicked.

As has been said, though, if the ref isn't prepared to do anything about it then there's nothing stopping him.

we are hibs
27-09-2018, 08:04 AM
He takes an absolute age to do anything. His time wasting would put Oxley and Craig Gordon to shame.

Jones28
27-09-2018, 08:46 AM
This has really pissed me off this morning. So he admits to have broken the rules but was "ticked off" by the assistant referee. If it was a wee foul or something fair enough, but this was directly resulting on the impact of the game.

kaimendhibs
27-09-2018, 02:47 PM
Really? Lewis admitted he was off his line[emoji1785]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Ryan91
27-09-2018, 03:33 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/league-cup/hibs-adam-bogdan-unhappy-at-joe-lewis-after-aberdeen-shootout-1-4805872

His explanation for this tactic still doesn't take it within the rules. He's basically saying he takes a 'run-up' from behind the line which then propels him two or three feet in front of the line as the ball is kicked.

As has been said, though, if the ref isn't prepared to do anything about it then there's nothing stopping him.

Much like foul throws, this is something that is still part of the rules of the game but something that is rarely if ever enforced.

hibsbollah
27-09-2018, 04:02 PM
We discussed this at the world cup but its a law that needs looked at anyway. Almost all saves require forward momentum; the rules as they stand mean the keeper gets no opportunity to achieve any. Thats why its rarely enforced. Still a bit of a pisser when Hibs are the victim. But if Bogdan knew, he should have been doing it too.

Personally I favour making the keeper stand behind his line when the run up starts and then he's allowed a single movement forward.

patlowe
27-09-2018, 04:48 PM
We discussed this at the world cup but its a law that needs looked at anyway. Almost all saves require forward momentum; the rules as they stand mean the keeper gets no opportunity to achieve any. Thats why its rarely enforced. Still a bit of a pisser when Hibs are the victim. But if Bogdan knew, he should have been doing it too.

Personally I favour making the keeper stand behind his line when the run up starts and then he's allowed a single movement forward.

I don't think the forward momentum is the problem in itself, to me it's largely about enforcing the rule that you shouldn't be jumping forward before the penalty is kicked. The angle taking pens into Lewis is narrowed massively by him cheating in this way. Not sure the answer is to cheat as well, rather the officials should be picking up on it as it's so easy to spot.

Edit: Rereading your post you may feel that goalies should be allowed more scope to move forward regardless of the whistle.

angus hibby
27-09-2018, 05:06 PM
Once it was clear what was going on, Bogdan should have made his starting position a yard off his line before each penalty. The ref would have obviously told him to get back, and all Bogdan had to do was point out that Lewis was really doing the same thing, albeit his starting position was behind the line but advancing before the kicks were taken.

its unbelievable that the officials noticed Lewis was advancing too early but did nothing about it! I hope Lennon publicly asks why this is.

Famous Fiver
27-09-2018, 05:15 PM
The redoubtable Mr McInnes, who has been quick to point out what he sees as refereeing inconsistencies during our last two matches at Easter Road against Aberdeen, has not rushed to print to comment on this.

Surprised?

No.

hibsbollah
27-09-2018, 07:35 PM
I don't think the forward momentum is the problem in itself, to me it's largely about enforcing the rule that you shouldn't be jumping forward before the penalty is kicked. The angle taking pens into Lewis is narrowed massively by him cheating in this way. Not sure the answer is to cheat as well, rather the officials should be picking up on it as it's so easy to spot.

Edit: Rereading your post you may feel that goalies should be allowed more scope to move forward regardless of the whistle.

I think they should, yes. It's too stacked against the keeper at the moment.