PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Keeper and penalties

Spooky
26-09-2018, 09:01 AM
Not sure if the rules have changed in recent times, but how far off his line was the Aberdeen keeper well before the penalty taker kicked the ball.

Must have been at least a yard ahead of his goal line - for every single kick.

Really thought you had to stay on the line (I know you can move along the line) until the penalty taker had kicked the ball.

Might just be me not keeping up with the rules :confused:

where'stheslope
26-09-2018, 09:11 AM
The feet are not allowed to be over the line, but keeper can move side to side along the line as Bogdan did last night.

Most keepers when the kick is being taken dive outwards as this narrows the angle to the corners.

Great example was at the other mob on Saturday, when the Livvie keeper saved the pen!

Never ever knew why the linesman stands on the goal line, as I've never seen a kick retaken for a keeper moving off his line????

lyonhibs
26-09-2018, 09:13 AM
No. you're right. What he was doing, which was clever of him, was actually starting behind the line as the taker's run up started then springing forward. Perhaps the fact that the ref and lino saw him start behind the line somehow ruled out in their thick little skulls the possibility of him getting to be in front of the line by the time the shot was struck.

It's relatively rarely punished though. You see some penalties saved when the goalie is near enough on the 6 yard line when he saves the ball!

Nicho87
26-09-2018, 09:23 AM
He done this for the nil nil game when Jamie Mac missed. I remember tweeting the proof sadly.

Poor refereeing again

InchHibby
26-09-2018, 09:59 AM
I know it sounds like sour grapes now but, every Hibs penalty he was a yard of his line before a ball was kicked. You can excuse it once or twice but not six times. The ref even motioned for the keeper to stay on his line but never followed up.

MB62
26-09-2018, 11:15 AM
I know it sounds like sour grapes now but, every Hibs penalty he was a yard of his line before a ball was kicked. You can excuse it once or twice but not six times. The ref even motioned for the keeper to stay on his line but never followed up.

And the linesman is standing about 4 yards away with the sole purpose of watching if the keeper moves off the line or not. If their keeper got any closer to the Hibs players, he would have been diving on the ball before we our guys even kicked it.