PDA

View Full Version : Kamberi

Lee Marvin
26-09-2018, 06:36 AM
Does anyone know how bad his hamstring injury is? If it's a few weeks, we will struggle again.

He is such an important player and we really have nobody else who can play as that focal point.

Finishing aside he was brilliant again last night.

Heisenberg
26-09-2018, 06:46 AM
Lennon never mentioned it after the game I don’t think. Hopefully just taken off as a precaution as without him we’ll struggle.

SirDavidsNapper
26-09-2018, 06:51 AM
Kamberi/Maclaren partnership is probably the best strike force in the league. Huge blow missing even one of them. They click so well.

B.H.F.C
26-09-2018, 06:55 AM
Kamberi is arguably the most important player in that team for me.

If we have to go with Shaw up top on his own that’s not good news.

Being knocked out of the cup will now give us two free weeks in October so hopefully we can just manage players like him through it.

MB62
26-09-2018, 07:16 AM
We put so much effort in getting Kamberi and MacLaren back, I just wonder if we took our eye off the ball a bit on the fact that we are still short handed up front. Going in to the season with only three main strikers, one of whom is a young striker still trying to make a name for himself, is more than a bit risky IMO.

If MacLaren is out for a few weeks and now Kamberi nursing a Hamstring problem, we could be forced in to signing some emergency striker who is currently unemployed, even just until the January window. I don't suppose there's many of those kicking around that are half decent.

Col2
26-09-2018, 08:33 AM
Worse case hopefully we just need to manage without both for St Mirren and Hamilton games and then 2 weekend breaks so should be enough time.

I think we have enough attacking threat to support Shaw for those two games.

It’s far from ideal but any out of contract striker will be weeks away from match sharpness.

Elephant Stone
26-09-2018, 08:39 AM
Reckon he's one of the best strikers we've had in a long time, everything he does looks slick. His movement and link up play is phenomenal.

Carheenlea
26-09-2018, 08:45 AM
He has all the attributes you want in a striker, and I love watching him play. Always looking to take the ball in a tight area and showing great touch and skill to get himself free of the defender. Will score plenty this season and last night was just not to be.

H18 SFR
26-09-2018, 09:44 AM
There must be an experienced striker out there out of contract we can sign till January.

SirDavidsNapper
26-09-2018, 12:26 PM
Any update yet?

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-09-2018, 12:45 PM
What’s Dom Malonga up to?

Borderhibbie76
26-09-2018, 12:55 PM
Are we sure he's injured?? Lenny never mentioned it post match...he just looked shattered to me and rightly so when he went off...

Praying that's the case anyway

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

DH1875
26-09-2018, 01:08 PM
Are we sure he's injured?? Lenny never mentioned it post match...he just looked shattered to me and rightly so when he went off...

Praying that's the case anyway

Pretty sure one of the commentators last night said he was injured and had an ice pack on it.

IF he is injured, we are totally Donald Ducked.

Borderhibbie76
26-09-2018, 01:23 PM
Pretty sure one of the commentators last night said he was injured and had an ice pack on it.

IF he is injured, we are totally Donald Ducked.I'm hopeful he was taken off as a precaution mate as we r seriously up the creek if he is injured...

adhibs
26-09-2018, 02:27 PM
I'm hopeful he was taken off as a precaution mate as we r seriously up the creek if he is injured...

Commentator said word from the touchline was that it was hamstring. Really hope it's just a precaution.

BlackSheep
26-09-2018, 04:01 PM
Just spoken to one of the sports therapists at Hibs.

He hasn't heard anything today so is under the impression its not too serious, if it were he would be the one to attend to it, so looking like it was a precaution.

Lancs Harp
26-09-2018, 04:09 PM
Hopefully he was just taken off as a precaution with a slight tightening as oppose to a pull which would see him out of action for a week or two.

Billy Whizz
26-09-2018, 04:12 PM
Hopefully he was just taken off as a precaution with a slight tightening as oppose to a pull which would see him out of action for a week or two.

On Saturday are Dens he signaled to the bench to come off late on. Maybe just a wee niggle that will settle down

Borderhibbie76
26-09-2018, 05:07 PM

He hasn't heard anything today so is under the impression its not too serious, if it were he would be the one to attend to it, so looking like it was a precaution.That's great news thanks for sharing

One Day Soon
26-09-2018, 05:09 PM

He hasn't heard anything today so is under the impression its not too serious, if it were he would be the one to attend to it, so looking like it was a precaution.

That’s going to upset the ‘I told you so, we have a striker crisis’ brigade.

Ryan69
26-09-2018, 05:17 PM

Playing in Greece. Was a free agent till September 12th.

Hibee Mac
26-09-2018, 06:21 PM

He would be fantastic backup for Kamberi in the hold up role.

bigwheel
26-09-2018, 06:31 PM

At his best yes....yet Malonga's career since he left has been dire...he wasn't a regular starter before he left...he is a talented player, who can be a joy. His lack of any achievement since he left says much more about his application and mindset than anything else. We love to romanticise about his play...the reality is he has never shown consistency in his career..and had he stayed on, he would have been emptied well before now..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
26-09-2018, 06:38 PM
Malonga's goal at Starks Park at the start of our glory run was phenomenal. As was the solo goal against Aberdeen and Dumbarton strike. Plus he didn't care about The Rangers.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-09-2018, 07:14 PM

Absolutely. Shame it seems that he’s recently signed for someone

Wheat Hound
26-09-2018, 07:19 PM
We were talking about whether Nadir Cifcti was a free agent last night? Under the management and motivation of Lennon he could be worth a try?

04Sauzee
26-09-2018, 07:47 PM
We were talking about whether Nadir Cifcti was a free agent last night? Under the management and motivation of Lennon he could be worth a try?

He's contracted to a club until next year think it may be a Turkish club

Here's a list of out of contract Forwards
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=14&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=2018&yt0=Show

Diclonius
26-09-2018, 07:47 PM
There must be an experienced striker out there out of contract we can sign till January.

There is. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%A9nero_Zeefuik)

SouthMoroccoStu
26-09-2018, 07:49 PM
There is. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%A9nero_Zeefuik)

Naughty

You deserve a time out

Diclonius
26-09-2018, 07:52 PM
Naughty

You deserve a time out

Deadly serious, been saying it for weeks. He has an excellent strike rate in recent seasons, and we need a finisher.

Being ex-Hearts hasn't stopped us from signing players before.

AL-Qaholik
26-09-2018, 07:55 PM
Gabby Agbonlahor, Giuseppe Rossi, Jay-Emmanuel Thomas, Darren Bent, Victor Anichebe, Lacina Traore - some cracking free agents out there. Wages might be an issue mind you but there's some gems to be found without a doubt.

SirDavidsNapper
26-09-2018, 07:57 PM
Deadly serious, been saying it for weeks. He has an excellent strike rate in recent seasons, and we need a finisher.

Being ex-Hearts hasn't stopped us from signing players before.

Giant battering rams are more suited to that Gorgie mob

Diclonius
26-09-2018, 07:57 PM
Gabby Agbonlahor, Giuseppe Rossi, Jay-Emmanuel Thomas, Darren Bent, Victor Anichebe, Lacina Traore - some cracking free agents out there. Wages might be an issue mind you but there's some gems to be found without a doubt.

Darren Bent would probably ask for a wage higher than the rest of the team combined. Actually, scratch that; a wage higher than us and Hearts' entire wage bill combined including non-playing staff.

Borderhibbie76
26-09-2018, 09:09 PM
That’s going to upset the ‘I told you so, we have a striker crisis’ brigade.Don't think any decent Hibs fan will be disappointed if indeed Flo is fine...personally I will be delighted but I still believe we are a striker short and don't think Ollie Shaw is the answer or the required standard to be our back up striker if we harbour ambitions of top 3 or 4. He's now struggled in 2 consecutive home games against the Sheep to make any kind of impression. His chances will be limited and a la Simon Murray last year...if he doesn't take these chances he could be gone in Jan...over to you Ollie. Personally I want him to do well and was desperate for him to score last night...but he needs to up his game and soon...

500miles
26-09-2018, 10:47 PM
don't think Ollie Shaw is the answer or the required standard to be our back up striker if we harbour ambitions of top 3 or 4.

He was the back up striker last season, when we finished 4th, competing for 2nd. What are you talking about?

Borderhibbie76
27-09-2018, 06:31 AM
He was the back up striker last season, when we finished 4th, competing for 2nd. What are you talking about?He also barely featured post Jan due to form and fitness of Jamie Mac and Flo - did he??

SirDavidsNapper
27-09-2018, 06:58 AM
We should hear today in Lennons press conference what the situation is. No news is normally good news.

500miles
27-09-2018, 07:50 AM
He also barely featured post Jan due to form and fitness of Jamie Mac and Flo - did he??

He made 16 appearances, 11 from the bench and scored 4 goals, which worked out at about a goal every 150 minutes, or just over a game and a half. That's pretty decent going for a first year's work.

Borderhibbie76
27-09-2018, 10:48 AM
He made 16 appearances, 11 from the bench and scored 4 goals, which worked out at about a goal every 150 minutes, or just over a game and a half. That's pretty decent going for a first year's work.You clearly ignored my point like you ignored the bulk of my original post and quoted the 1 part you disagreed with...

As I said previously he barely featured post Jan and don't think he scored post Jan neither due to form of Jamie and Flo and lack of injuries which sadly hasn't been the case this season so far.

I want Ollie to succeed as I said in my post earlier was desperate for him to do well the other night but for me when we are up against better opposition ie 2 Aberdeen games and the Euro ties this season...to me he looks a level short. I'd be delighted if he proved me wrong

500miles
27-09-2018, 02:23 PM
He also barely featured post Jan due to form and fitness of Jamie Mac and Flo - did he??

I'm not sure what role you think a BACK UP STRIKER is supposed to fulfil. By the way, he spent most of April onwards with niggling injuries, a bad one during a 19s match, and then aggravating it with Scotland 19s.

500miles
27-09-2018, 02:32 PM
You clearly ignored my point like you ignored the bulk of my original post and quoted the 1 part you disagreed with...

As I said previously he barely featured post Jan and don't think he scored post Jan neither due to form of Jamie and Flo and lack of injuries which sadly hasn't been the case this season so far.

I want Ollie to succeed as I said in my post earlier was desperate for him to do well the other night but for me when we are up against better opposition ie 2 Aberdeen games and the Euro ties this season...to me he looks a level short. I'd be delighted if he proved me wrong

I ignored the rest because it boiled down to either an entirely disingenuous or plain silly comparison with a player 6 years older than Oli, and the usual "I'll be as happy as any hibs fan" type platitudes that get thrown in when someone can't justify their opinion.

By the way, Celtic are a bigger team than Aberdeen and the European teams, and he's scored against them on two seperate occasions.

He's 20 years old, he's far from the finished article but any team outside celtic, including Aberdeen, would be delighted to have a player like him breaking through.

JimBHibees
27-09-2018, 03:20 PM
Think Oli is an excellent young player with an eye for a goal and also superb movement. He will be annoyed at not hitting the target and also the one in the extra time when he was almost in but over hit the ball. Huge potential and hopefully he stays injury free as he is going to be very good IMO.

ancient hibee
27-09-2018, 03:28 PM
You clearly ignored my point like you ignored the bulk of my original post and quoted the 1 part you disagreed with...

Don’t you think that perhaps the fact that he has scored two goals against Celtic,one just after he came on,make your opinion of his ability versus “better opposition” slightly at variance with reality.

Borderhibbie76
27-09-2018, 03:32 PM
Don’t you think that perhaps the fact that he has scored two goals against Celtic,one just after he came on,make your opinion of his ability versus “better opposition” slightly at variance with reality.Yes he did very well twice against Celtic last year and I agree but in the 2 games against Aberdeen this season and some of the Euro ties he's not impressed me - just being honest. I really hope Ollie continues to improve and proves me wrong but I'm not convinced at the moment. I will be genuinely delighted to be proved wrong tho and hope he scores a hat trick on Sat as we need him at the moment as we are short up top

makaveli1875
27-09-2018, 03:55 PM
Yes he did very well twice against Celtic last year and I agree but in the 2 games against Aberdeen this season and some of the Euro ties he's not impressed me - just being honest. I really hope Ollie continues to improve and proves me wrong but I'm not convinced at the moment. I will be genuinely delighted to be proved wrong tho and hope he scores a hat trick on Sat as we need him at the moment as we are short up top

He's not the finished article yet but he's already shown he has enough about him to get goals at this level , against the best team in the country . Once he gets to grips with the physical side of the game against the likes of Aberdeen he will be a decent premiership striker .

Robbo6-2
27-09-2018, 05:38 PM
Any news on his injury?

Smartie
27-09-2018, 06:04 PM
Oli's not what I was expecting.

I thought he was going to be Riordan-like - a deadly finisher but with little else.

TBH he's a lot more wasteful in front of goal than I was expecting but he's a much, much better player. Some of his work with his back to goal is superb and for a slight lad he's very good at bringing others into the game.

He's done well with chances where he's had to act instinctively but a bit like Simon Murray and Boyle, give him a bit of time and he doesn't know what to do.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-09-2018, 05:19 AM

I thought he was going to be Riordan-like - a deadly finisher but with little else.

TBH he's a lot more wasteful in front of goal than I was expecting but he's a much, much better player. Some of his work with his back to goal is superb and for a slight lad he's very good at bringing others into the game.

He's done well with chances where he's had to act instinctively but a bit like Simon Murray and Boyle, give him a bit of time and he doesn't know what to do.

In 2017 he was nineteen n-n-n-n-nineteen :)

500miles
28-09-2018, 08:40 AM

I don't think he has the arrogance that Riordan and Cummings had on the pitch, but he's got loads of time to outgrow that nervousness.

CockneyRebel
28-09-2018, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=Borderhibbie76;5561538]He also barely featured post Jan due to form and fitness of Jamie Mac and Flo - did he??

Exactly! That's what back up strikers are for - back up. He didn't play because he wasn't needed as the first choice strikers were doing so well. I think there's a player there but time will tell.

Borderhibbie76
28-09-2018, 09:28 AM
[QUOTE=Borderhibbie76;5561538]He also barely featured post Jan due to form and fitness of Jamie Mac and Flo - did he??

Exactly! That's what back up strikers are for - back up. He didn't play because he wasn't needed as the first choice strikers were doing so well. I think there's a player there but time will tell.I'm aware of that the reason I brought up that he'd hardly played was another poster had said he was a big part of team pushing for 2nd Last season whereas post Xmas he was bit-part at most. More is deffo being asked of him this season due to injuries to first Flo and now Jamie Mac and he needs to seize this opportunity imo

Hibernian32
28-09-2018, 10:02 AM
Galbraith scored against Celtic, Tony Watt scored against Barcelona.

the fact people on here are judging players on the size eh the clubs they have scored against is cute. Just another example.

John O'Shae has a premier league title, Carragher doesn't when he is clearly the better player.

You can't say he's scored against this club so he's better than him that's school ground debating

SirDavidsNapper
28-09-2018, 10:04 AM
Galbraith scored against Celtic, Tony Watt scored against Barcelona.

the fact people on here are judging players on the size eh the clubs they have scored against is cute. Just another example.

John O'Shae has a premier league title, Carragher doesn't when he is clearly the better player.

You can't say he's scored against this club so he's better than him that's school ground debating

Aye but my dad is harder than your dad

wookie70
28-09-2018, 10:06 AM

Exactly! That's what back up strikers are for - back up. He didn't play because he wasn't needed as the first choice strikers were doing so well. I think there's a player there but time will tell.

A back up would slot into the roles occupied by the main strikers. I think Oli's style is between Flo and McLarens. He can hold it up and bring others in if he isn't being bullied and can make some great runs but not quite the energy and frequency of McLaren. I think we need at least one more striker who will give us some physical presence. Oli can just about be considered backup to Mclaren but not Flo and we don't have anyone that can fill in except the very young and pretty untried Lewis Allen.When Flo isn't playing we look a far poorer team and I think that has much to do with those vital physical battles he wins and keep possession for us. Without him we lose the ball up front too often and that puts pressure on us.

calumhibee1
28-09-2018, 10:08 AM

:greengrin

Hibernian32
28-09-2018, 11:28 AM
You're da sells Avon

SirDavidsNapper
28-09-2018, 11:30 AM
You're da sells Avon

So do you. Takes one to know one