PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen Fans

SouthMoroccoStu
26-09-2018, 05:53 AM
Fair play to them last night

Good turnout (but it’s the Biggest myth in Scottish football, Aberdeen have a big travelling support. They all live in the central belt)

Lots of noise throughout

But disappointed to hear them sing Cheer up Neil Lennon at the end, Calling him a Fenian - very audible on tv while Joe Lewis was being interviewed

They claim to hate rangers as much as the rest of us but sank to their level on this instance

Disappointing

broondog
26-09-2018, 06:35 AM

Good turnout (but it’s the Biggest myth in Scottish football, Aberdeen have a big travelling support. They all live in the central belt)

Lots of noise throughout

But disappointed to hear them sing Cheer up Neil Lennon at the end, Calling him a Fenian - very audible on tv while Joe Lewis was being interviewed

They claim to hate rangers as much as the rest of us but sank to their level on this instance

Disappointing

Sorry but won't be giving them any credit. they are a disgraceful support. A big group of them were drinking near my flat before the game pissing on people's windows, smashing bottles and kicking over bins. My street looked like chernobyl by the end. they are animals worse than the huns. woudl restrcit their allocation to the minimum until they learn to behave themselves. heard them call Neil Lennon a fenian as well, was clear on the tele apparently as well, doubt the authorities will do anything about it but I plan on putting in a complaint to Hibs to flag the matter.

Zazu62
26-09-2018, 06:55 AM
They’ve got about 3 songs. But fair play they travel in numbers, wonder how many stay in the central belt

green&left
26-09-2018, 09:07 AM

Lots of noise throughout

Disappointing

Good numbers but like Hertz they're boring as **** with 2 songs to their name. **** them.

Ringothedog
26-09-2018, 09:50 AM
I hate Aberdeen FC and their fans more than I hate Hearts FC and their fans

jacomo
26-09-2018, 09:54 AM
They’ve got about 3 songs. But fair play they travel in numbers, wonder how many stay in the central belt

I bet many of them go to ER and Tinycastle more often than Pittodrie.

Same reason Newcastle have such a good ‘travelling’ support - thousands of them don’t live in Newcastle.

heretoday
26-09-2018, 09:59 AM
Football fans behave badly.

Nowt to see here.

Pretty Boy
26-09-2018, 10:01 AM

I'm not far off being the same. Deluded, self important fantasists.

One Day Soon
26-09-2018, 10:03 AM

That's interesting, I'm pretty close to that position too. Don't post it too much though, it will confuse our Sickbag chums.

Moody Blues
26-09-2018, 10:05 AM
I thought the atmosphere was great last night and the game was played like a old fashioned cup tie. The Aberdeen fans were great and helped create the atmosphere. And although we lost I thoroughly enjoyed the game

Ringothedog
26-09-2018, 10:39 AM
That's interesting, I'm pretty close to that position too. Don't post it too much though, it will confuse our Sickbag chums.

Hearts are just a minor irritation on the genitals compared to Aberdeen

Fife-Hibee
26-09-2018, 11:50 AM
There's been a clear rise in these cases since a certain law was overruled. :rolleyes:

Keith_M
26-09-2018, 12:01 PM
I'm very surprised Aberdeen supporters used the term 'Fenian'. Very disappointing to hear that.

As for their numbers; Central Belt or not*, taking 1,700 to a midweek away game live on TV was pretty impressive. If it had been played at Pittodrie, we'd have had a fraction of that.

* FWIW, I don't believe most of them live in the Central Belt.

bigwheel
26-09-2018, 12:11 PM
I'm very surprised Aberdeen supporters used the term 'Fenian'. Very disappointing to hear that.

As for their numbers; Central Belt or not*, taking 1,700 to a midweek away game live on TV was pretty impressive. If it had been played at Pittodrie, we'd have had a fraction of that.

Surprised me too....we may have to rename them "Huns of the North".

WeeRussell
26-09-2018, 12:18 PM

Agree with all of this.

Would be surprised at ANY team outside Rangers singing that line so loud and clear (even with the recent rise in such nonsense across the road). I wasn't a love of their fans before last night, but that puts them down in my estimations.

I guess they really wanted to sing the song and couldn't think of another word to fit... "hibee".. I'd have accepted Hibee :greengrin

Chic Murray
26-09-2018, 12:57 PM
Surprised me too....we may have to rename them "Huns of the North".

Might just catch on. :greengrin

ronaldo7
26-09-2018, 01:45 PM

I didn't think I'd heard it correctly at the match, but as we walked past the west stand going to the car at Sainsburys, about 50 to 80 of them were belting it out on the way to the bridge of doom.

Never had them down as, Rangers loyal of the north.

Disappointing.

IGRIGI
26-09-2018, 01:48 PM
If only they could bother their arse to turn up at Pittodrie.

Stokesy's on fire
26-09-2018, 01:59 PM
I watched the game in a pub full of them and if it hadn't been for the Aberdeen tops they were wearing i would have thought they were Huns. The rubbish coming out of their mouths was similar to the stuff Rangers fans spout about Lennon. Shame on them.

Brooster
26-09-2018, 02:01 PM

You have to be joking.

BullsCloseHibs
26-09-2018, 02:17 PM
Aberdeen are one of the UK's most boring teams.

Albanian Hibs
26-09-2018, 02:54 PM
Boring fans

Ringothedog
26-09-2018, 06:50 PM
You have to be joking.

Why? In my opinion they are a horrible club followed by a nasty support that still live in the 70’s and 80’s and think they are a big and famous club. I will stick by my original post 👍

Del Boy
26-09-2018, 06:58 PM
Very self-important and boring fans

JimBHibees
27-09-2018, 09:37 AM
There's been a clear rise in these cases since a certain law was overruled. :rolleyes:

Agree it has opened the floodgates and the self congratulating MSP that overturned it should at least have come up with an alternative. I think with brexit and to some extent the the independence referendum some of the more extreme views are being tolerated more than they should be.

marinello59
27-09-2018, 09:40 AM
Agree it has opened the floodgates and the self congratulating MSP that overturned it should at least have come up with an alternative. I think with brexit and to some extent the the independence referendum some of the more extreme views are being tolerated more than they should be.

It was poorly thought out legislation that didn’t do anything to tackle sectarian singing. To suggest that things have got markedly worse in the short period since the legislation was ditched simply isn’t true. The laws already exist to tackle this if the authorities really wanted to do something about it.

JimBHibees
27-09-2018, 09:45 AM
It was poorly thought out legislation that didn’t do anything to tackle sectarian singing. To suggest that things have got markedly worse in the short period since the legislation was ditched simply isn’t true. The laws already exist to tackle this if the authorities really wanted to do something about it.

Whether it was poorly thought out legislation or not the removal of it has definitely seen a rise in sectarian type songs IMO. Whoever got it removed should have came up with something better than patting themselves on the back. Agree about existing legislation and the authorities including football clubs needing to develop a back bone however the specific legislation raised the profile of the issue and IMO helped.

Cant say I have ever heard Aberdeen fans coming out with that sort of song at a game ever to hear after they had won a game should IMO be a warning about the prevalence and increase of these sort of attitudes. When a labour official thinks it is ok to come out with an sectarian slur at a conference then there needs to be a rethink.

Speedy
27-09-2018, 09:51 AM

Sounds like at least ten thousand of them "couldn't be arsed".

Carheenlea
27-09-2018, 11:21 AM
Aberdeen are one of the UK's most boring teams.

The Stereophonics of the footballing world.

kaimendhibs
27-09-2018, 02:46 PM
No credit from me. Large numbers but that's a by product of the glory hunters from the central belt who latched on in the 80's. Hardly any songs and boring as ****. **** fans

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk