Lifted from their AFC Forum tonight:

"We were poor and got out of jail"

"I will take it even if it was f...ing daylight robbery!"

"Phew, got away with that one"

"That is THE biggest robbery in history"

"Grand Theft Aberdeen!"

"What a steal!"

"Mcinnes looks delighted with pens says it all"

"I’ve never been embarrassed to win a game but if we manage this then there’s always a 1st time"

"We have been absolutely atrocious"

"Come on hibs for f... sake end this pain"

"Should be 2/3 down at least"

"If we were a dog we'd be put down"

"Its an absolue miracle we are still even"

"For f...sake Hibs, just score so I can go play a bit of Fallout before bed"

"Jesus Christ we should be 3 down here..."

"This is embarrassing"

"How the f... are we still level?"

"We are getting f.....g raped here"

"Hibs playing shooty-in"

"We deserve absolutely f... all from this"

"A better forward line and these c..ts would be 4 up"

"lucky Hibs attack is bad tonight"

"We just can't deal with Hibs' movement up front"

" Their passing is light years ahead of ours"

"Can't believe we're still in this"

"Being overrun and very fortunate to be going in level"

"Just a matter of time before they score"

"Definitely not going to beat them on the deck"

"Hibs faster, getting in front of our players to win the first ball"

" They're passing us to death"

we are hibs
25-09-2018, 10:29 PM
And?

bodhibs
25-09-2018, 10:29 PM
Every single one correct

SaulGoodman
25-09-2018, 10:30 PM
The Aberdeen fans are more positive about Hibs than some of our own fans on here.

Biggie
25-09-2018, 10:31 PM
I can't recall hibs stealing a game like that.......bloody annoying

Hi Heid Yin
25-09-2018, 10:32 PM
The Aberdeen fans are more positive about Hibs than some of our own fans on here.

Sadly this is true.

SaulGoodman
25-09-2018, 10:33 PM

Don’t ask how I can remember this but there was a game under Butcher around Christmas time, away from home to either Partick or maybe even Aberdeen, where we got absolutely battered for 90mins and came away with a 1-0 win.

rotherhamrob
25-09-2018, 10:33 PM

Semi against Dundee utd?

calumhibee1
25-09-2018, 10:35 PM

It’s easy to be that way when you’ve just watched your team book a trip to Hampden rather than watch your team contrive to throw away a trip to Hampden.

calumhibee1
25-09-2018, 10:36 PM
Semi against Dundee utd?

Similar but tonight was probably even more one sided I reckon.

SaulGoodman
Don’t ask how I can remember this but there was a game under Butcher around Christmas time, away from home to either Partick or maybe even Aberdeen, where we got absolutely battered for 90mins and came away with a 1-0 win.

So after research, it was still under Fenlon. 7th October 2013

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-football/10361263/Partick-Thistle-0-Hibernian-1-match-report.html

SaulGoodman
It’s easy to be that way when you’ve just watched your team book a trip to Hampden rather than watch your team contrive to throw away a trip to Hampden.

Most of those posts were during the game buddy pal

wookie70
25-09-2018, 10:37 PM
No point being great if you get knocked out the cup.

Hi Heid Yin
26-09-2018, 12:20 AM
No point being great if you get knocked out the cup.

Better to go out in a blaze of glory than a feeble backs-to-the-wall capitulation. The performance (failing to score aside) was uplifting and bodes well for our league campaign.

Hannah_hfc
26-09-2018, 12:28 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180926/835d5063b740fc09c08ed1816d128429.png

Classy bunch... anyone else hear this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cardinal G
26-09-2018, 12:35 AM

I thought at first they were singing it but then thought no they said ginger *******s, hope I'm right on this.

Johnforr
26-09-2018, 12:40 AM
I thought at first they were singing it but then thought no they said ginger *******s, hope I'm right on this.

Nope it was the bigot brothers version..... absolute s**m IMO

marinello59
26-09-2018, 12:41 AM

Clear as day.

Chic Murray
26-09-2018, 12:21 PM
Clear as day.

I've always considered their board a decent bunch. I hope they could distance the club from it to avoid any further nonsense and pant wetting from the perpetually offended.

marinello59
26-09-2018, 12:39 PM
I've always considered their board a decent bunch. I hope they could distance the club from it to avoid any further nonsense and pant wetting from the perpetually offended.

Pant wetting? Geezus. I said I heard it, nothing more.:rolleyes:

BlackSheep
26-09-2018, 12:48 PM

Unfortunately you are not right htis tiem... I had to endure many a rendition on the walk from the stadium all the way up london road....

What perplexed me was watching the police laugh and smile at the Dons fans while they sang it walking out of the stadium and on their journey up easter road! I though it was against the law to sing sectarian songs?

They did have a second song that stated, "its not sectarian Neil Lennon is just a C***!"

Woeful.

Hannah_hfc
26-09-2018, 12:53 PM
Beats me how they can scrape a win on penalties and would rather sing about Hibs/ Lennon than their own teams success .

Chic Murray
26-09-2018, 12:53 PM

I didn't mean you.

Unfortunately you are not right htis tiem... I had to endure many a rendition on the walk from the stadium all the way up london road....

What perplexed me was watching the police laugh and smile at the Dons fans while they sang it walking out of the stadium and on their journey up easter road! I though it was against the law to sing sectarian songs?

They did have a second song that stated, "its not sectarian Neil Lennon is just a C***!"

Woeful.

Are you sure endure is the right word?

If you'd said you had to endure their stupid accents, and small town banter I could see where you are coming from.

hibbymac
26-09-2018, 12:58 PM

:agree: seems some folk are a bit premature when it comes to "pant wetting" :hyper

BlackSheep
26-09-2018, 12:58 PM
I didn't mean you.

Are you sure endure is the right word?

If you'd said you had to endure their stupid accents, and small town banter I could see where you are coming from.

Well yes, to endure means to suffer through... so yes, their idiotic songs about Lennon being a F***** when he isnt, was quite an endurance for most of us Hibees walking 'with' them.

Chic Murray
26-09-2018, 01:04 PM
Well yes, to endure means to suffer through... so yes, their idiotic songs about Lennon being a F***** when he isnt, was quite an endurance for most of us Hibees walking 'with' them.

It must have been awful.

BlackSheep
26-09-2018, 02:36 PM
It must have been awful.

It was. Had tears in my eyes just listening to it. :devil:

But in all seriousness, there's no place for sectarianism, would you be so cavalier if they were singing a racist chant?

Chic Murray
26-09-2018, 02:58 PM
It was. Had tears in my eyes just listening to it. :devil:

But in all seriousness, there's no place for sectarianism, would you be so cavalier if they were singing a racist chant?

I'm never sure what sectarianism is to be honest. This is where the whole thing gets stupid, as far as in aware neither the Fianna or the Fenians had any religious connections.

For that matter, I don't know if Neil Lennon actually is a Fenian. So, taking it further we have to go to the spirit of what was being sung

Was it to get at him/us for Irish reasons, it was it to fit a word I to the song ? For me it was the second, because although they may have sectarians in their support, they don't have any history of bigotry worth mentioning

I'd have been most annoyed that they were rubbing our noses in an undeserved defeat.

For me it's about intent, rather than the actual words. And I am not a cavalier, I'm a Roundhead.

marinello59
26-09-2018, 03:38 PM
I'm never sure what sectarianism is to be honest. This is where the whole thing gets stupid, as far as in aware neither the Fianna or the Fenians had any religious connections.

For that matter, I don't know if Neil Lennon actually is a Fenian. So, taking it further we have to go to the spirit of what was being sung

Was it to get at him/us for Irish reasons, it was it to fit a word I to the song ? For me it was the second, because although they may have sectarians in their support, they don't have any history of bigotry worth mentioning

I'd have been most annoyed that they were rubbing our noses in an undeserved defeat.

For me it's about intent, rather than the actual words. And I am not a cavalier, I'm a Roundhead.

So racist songs are OK if the singer doesn’t mean them in a racist way? Keep digging.

Moulin Yarns
26-09-2018, 03:40 PM
So racist songs are OK if the singer doesn’t mean them in a racist way? Keep digging.

I think he used a search engine before replying. 🤔

BlackSheep
26-09-2018, 03:56 PM

Lennon is not one. But thats what makes it worse in my opinion.... you hit the nail on the head when you say intent though.
Their intent was to show hatred towards Lennon, but by picking those words (even though they are not true) it takes it from football banter into another realm.
Like i said, by dismissing the use of a sectarian slur as banter you trivialise it and go some way (even the smallest of percentages) toward making it acceptable to use... No one would accept the use of the N word to describe our manager if he were black, so why should we accept the use of Fenian?

So at the end of the day, they can rub our noses in it all they wish, that would have been annoying enough, but taking it up a notch to what many deem unacceptable is deplorable.

Pretty Boy
26-09-2018, 03:59 PM
I hate orange *******s.

It's ok to say that though because I'm referring specifically to the Orange Order and not all Protestants. Doesn't really work as an argument does it? It's the same as not acknowledging that the literal definition of fenian and the the Scottish football/society definition may differ.

southern hibby
26-09-2018, 04:22 PM

I think all racist songs should be banned but how many gangster rap songs each year are produced and sold with the N word in it? I’ve said for a while I believe these songs seem to be acceptable to the government as they make tax on them. If they really did matter they would be banned and not allowed to be produced then sold.

We live in a society that accepts a lot by turning a blind eye to it.

GGTTH

Chic Murray
26-09-2018, 04:24 PM
Jeez, how do I get myself into these messes? :confused:

Lennon is not one. But thats what makes it worse in my opinion.... you hit the nail on the head when you say intent though.
Their intent was to show hatred towards Lennon, but by picking those words (even though they are not true) it takes it from football banter into another realm.
Like i said, by dismissing the use of a sectarian slur as banter you trivialise it and go some way (even the smallest of percentages) toward making it acceptable to use... No one would accept the use of the N word to describe our manager if he were black, so why should we accept the use of Fenian?

So at the end of the day, they can rub our noses in it all they wish, that would have been annoying enough, but taking it up a notch to what many deem unacceptable is deplorable.

I think it was a pretty scuzzy thing to be singing, and it goes beyond banter, possibly into the realms of hate speech, and probably a thought crime whilst we are at it. I wish they hadn't sung it, I keep trying to make it clear I have little respect for them because they did.

I do see the problem, I'm not part of it. I also see the problem in getting all worked up about it, whilst people think they have bigger problems in life to deal with, and see it as a pretty trivial thing to waste much energy on.

I hate orange *******s.

It's ok to say that though because I'm referring specifically to the Orange Order and not all Protestants. Doesn't really work as an argument does it? It's the same as not acknowledging that the literal definition of fenian and the the Scottish football/society definition may differ.

I think you are maybe contradicting yourself in that statement. If it isn't possible to discern between Protestants and Orangemen, then how it is it possible to tell the difference between Fenians and Catholics?

(you'll never believe this but....) I'm no lawyer, but it's pretty easy to tell why a sherriff called the Anti Sectarianism legislation "mince", there are far too many subjective elements to it.

I don't call anybody Orange bassas, or Fenian bassas, and if anybody calls me either, screw them - I've earned the right to be a bassa all by myself, and don't would like some acknowledgement of the skill involved in doing so.

Edit: and that's all I'm going to say on that particular subject.