PDA

View Full Version : Trouble after the game?

BegbieHSC
25-09-2018, 10:19 PM
When I was heading home just there I’ll admit, I had some verbals with some right ********s in the Aberdeen support.

Mate just text me that there were a few scraps off Easter Road. Anyone heard anything?

There were plenty of dicks from Aberdeen definitely trying it after the match from
what I saw, and experienced. Also heard them genuinely chanting about Lennon being a “Sad Fenian *******”, so I definitely wouldn’t be surprised if there was trouble.

givescotlandfreedom
25-09-2018, 10:21 PM
Not heard anything about trouble, I stay further into Leith but their singing about NL being a fenian was quite disappointing and bizarre from a club that supposedly hates The Rangers. They're an ugly side on and off the pitch though.

Nakedmanoncrack
25-09-2018, 10:21 PM
When I was heading home just there I’ll admit, I had some verbals with some right ********s in the Aberdeen support.

Mate just text me that there were a few scraps off Easter Road. Anyone heard anything?

There were plenty of dicks from Aberdeen definitely trying it after the match from
what I saw, and experienced. Also heard them genuinely chanting about Lennon being a “Sad Fenian *******”, so I definitely wouldn’t be surprised if there was trouble.

Came up ER and got the bus at London Rd didn't see anything, also didn't see any police at all after the match - an unpoliced Hibs v Aberdeen game 20 years ago would have been mayhem.

ath
25-09-2018, 10:25 PM

I came up Easter Road and the only dicks were 3 young Hibs fans. Everyone else fine.

The Harp Awakes
25-09-2018, 10:26 PM
Not heard anything about trouble, I stay further into Leith but their singing about NL being a fenian was quite disappointing and bizarre from a club that supposedly hates The Rangers. They're an ugly side on and off the pitch though.

Many referred to Aberdeen as the Huns of the North in the 70s and 80s. I think there is definitely an element of that in their support but it became confused after the Neil Simpson and Ian Durrant incident which led to the zombies and the sheep hating each other and their vendetta has carried on to this day.

SRHibs
25-09-2018, 10:27 PM
I came up Easter Road and the only dicks were 3 young Hibs fans. Everyone else fine.

Maybe you saw the OP? 😂

BegbieHSC
25-09-2018, 10:30 PM
Maybe you saw the OP? 😂

Wish I could be recognised as young 😂.

Nah, there certainly were plenty of dicks going the bridge of doom route.

Frazerbob
25-09-2018, 10:31 PM
Aberdeen have always had a loyalist element. Their Casuals are known to be right wing, with plenty of them paid members of the National Front. A couple even regularly stand in local elections. Anti Irish songs are often heard in pubs on their away days.

SquashedFrogg
25-09-2018, 10:32 PM

Yip.

Brizo
26-09-2018, 05:49 AM
Many referred to Aberdeen as the Huns of the North in the 70s and 80s. I think there is definitely an element of that in their support but it became confused after the Neil Simpson and Ian Durrant incident which led to the zombies and the sheep hating each other and their vendetta has carried on to this day.

:agree:

I remember them with Union flags back in the day and a sheep supporting workmate in that era used to refer to them as the "Granite Protestants" !

Thought that had all disappeared thirty years ago, maybe not.

Hibee Mac
26-09-2018, 06:38 AM
Wouldn't surprise me, in all my time going to Easter road I've only ever had trouble at the hands of Aberdeen fans.

They have a very rowdy bunch of twats in their support who sing about "Abadeen" in what can only be described as an English accent, very odd.

Chic Murray
26-09-2018, 06:50 AM

I have never heard that before. Sounds like bollocks to be honest.

There was a police riot can cruising up and down London Road, after the match too. So people saying the game was in policed are side of the mark too

SouthMoroccoStu
26-09-2018, 06:56 AM

Heard that loud and clear on tv when they were interview Joe Lewis on tv

Was pretty surprised by this

Chic Murray
26-09-2018, 06:59 AM
Aberdeen have always had a loyalist element. Their Casuals are known to be right wing, with plenty of them paid members of the National Front. A couple even regularly stand in local elections. Anti Irish songs are often heard in pubs on their away days.

We have supporters who sing the Edinburgh Song, and we have Casuals too.

Frazerbob
26-09-2018, 07:13 AM

Your point is?

Chic Murray
26-09-2018, 07:16 AM
Your point is?

Pretty obvious I would have thought.

matty_f
26-09-2018, 07:30 AM
Pretty obvious I would have thought.

Whataboutery. Brilliant, we probably shouldn't talk about it then.

Onceinawhile
26-09-2018, 09:12 AM

When was the last time the edinburgh song was heard at all? Let alone loud enough to be heard over the TV?

Chic Murray
26-09-2018, 09:15 AM
Whataboutery. Brilliant, we probably shouldn't talk about it then.

Probably not if you're going to call an entire support the Huns of the North, on the basis of a couple of fascists in the support. Because we might be called the Huns of the East on the same basis.

I wasn't wanting people not to talk about it, just come up with better evidence.

I'm guessing the lack of any significant sectarian history in Aberdeen means they are as clueless about what a Fenian is as they are about everything else.

Chic Murray
26-09-2018, 09:19 AM
When was the last time the edinburgh song was heard at all? Let alone loud enough to be heard over the TV?

Buggered if I know. There's a grievance struggling to be heard on this thread. How very rare they?

BullsCloseHibs
26-09-2018, 10:24 AM
Came up ER and got the bus at London Rd didn't see anything, also didn't see any police at all after the match - an unpoliced Hibs v Aberdeen game 20 years ago would have been mayhem.

try 30 years ago, FAR worse !:agree:

Frazerbob
26-09-2018, 10:28 AM
Probably not if you're going to call an entire support the Huns of the North, on the basis of a couple of fascists in the support. Because we might be called the Huns of the East on the same basis.

I wasn't wanting people not to talk about it, just come up with better evidence.

I'm guessing the lack of any significant sectarian history in Aberdeen means they are as clueless about what a Fenian is as they are about everything else.

I didn’t call them that. I just pointed out the fact that there is historically an anti Irish, anti Catholic and a right wing element in their support which is still prevalent today and was on show last night for all to see. They proudly proclaim to ‘Stand Free’ but clearly not all of them do.

Chic Murray
26-09-2018, 10:49 AM
I didn’t call them that. I just pointed out the fact that there is historically an anti Irish, anti Catholic and a right wing element in their support which is still prevalent today and was on show last night for all to see. They proudly proclaim to ‘Stand Free’ but clearly not all of them do.

I know you didn't, I was just summarizing what I thought the mood of the thread was.

My take on it is that the major singing were showing typical signs of crowd behaviour. Namely that they join in without over thinking what they are saying, because they don't have to take personal responsibility.

To me it was more about using anything to get under Lennon's skin, than any deep held beliefs about Ireland. I've always found Aberdonians a bit blunt and not the types to care too much about what they say.

They shouldn't have done it, but that's probably what they want people to say. Slack jawed yokels rather than true blue loyalists IMO.

Keith_M
26-09-2018, 11:50 AM

I was accepting some of your PoV until the last bit. You're obviously talking nonsense there.

Oh and maybe you could let us know the last time Hibs Fans sung any song that could be called sectarian (or the Edinburgh song) in any level of numbers that it could be heard on TV. You know fine that it is genuinely a tiny minority that are regularly shouted down when they try it.

If you'd stuck to the Casuals point, we could hardly have any arguments.

Chic Murray
26-09-2018, 12:10 PM
I was accepting some of your PoV until the last bit. You're obviously talking nonsense there.

Oh and maybe you could let us know the last time Hibs Fans sung any song that could be called sectarian (or the Edinburgh song) in any level of numbers that it could be heard on TV. You know fine that it is genuinely a tiny minority that are regularly shouted down when they try it.

If you'd stuck to the Casuals point, we could hardly have any arguments.

Rudi Skacel is *****ing refugee. Does that define us?

Give them a break, it was one word in a song, and is hardly an indicator that they are all up to their knees, or anything else.

Edit: I am willing to learn more about sectarianism in Aberdeen, Dundee or anywhere else outside the Central Belt. I don't think it is something that is really on the radar in those places. Slack jawed yokels singing something they just don't get is how I see it.

CropleyWasGod
26-09-2018, 12:18 PM

I'm interested in this bit.

Is the NF still a thing?

And who are the candidates?

Chic Murray
26-09-2018, 12:29 PM

is the NF still a thing?

Alford Hitler, Mason Aboyne?

Frazerbob
26-09-2018, 01:16 PM

Is the NF still a thing?

Yes NF is still a thing in Aberdeen. I used to run a pub that was frequented by several ‘old school’ ASC, who it turned out were all active NF members. I did of course bar them but not before finding out all about their meetings, having read agendas and minutes they left behind. Also heard about their right wing punk gigs that they’d regularly promote and attend, around working men clubs in Fife in particular for some reason.

It’s quite easy to find the names of candidates online. My own constituency and ward in Aberdeen regularly had an NF candidate, Dave MacDonald. Also if you check You Tube for Britain’s Hardest Pubs you will see several ASC/NF faces in the Aberdeen episode in a pub called Peep Peeps. You may also recall the ASC guys who were sent home from France 98. If not, google it, it was all over the press. Plenty right wing, loyalist t-shirts on show from the same ASC/NF contingent.

DH1875
26-09-2018, 01:23 PM
Probably a load of bollocks but I was recently told that the KKK are active in Aberdeen and are trying to recruit. Laughed it off but after reading this thread, who knows :confused:

Lancs Harp
26-09-2018, 01:24 PM
Football clubs with thouands and sometimes tens of thousands of supporters are bound to have a cross section of supporters right the way across the political spectrum. I have no doubt Aberdeen has fans with right wing views, some Hibs fans probably do, as do all clubs, both right wing or left wing. In many quarters Hibs will be regarded as pro republican club but is all our fanbase such? It would be ludicrous IMO to assume we, Aberdeen or any other club, even the Ugly sisters has a fanbase where everyone shared the same politcal viewpoint and didnt have at least some elements at extreme ends.

Frazerbob
26-09-2018, 02:13 PM
Football clubs with thouands and sometimes tens of thousands of supporters are bound to have a cross section of supporters right the way across the political spectrum. I have no doubt Aberdeen has fans with right wing views, some Hibs fans probably do, as do all clubs, both right wing or left wing. In many quarters Hibs will be regarded as pro republican club but is all our fanbase such? It would be ludicrous IMO to assume we, Aberdeen or any other club, even the Ugly sisters has a fanbase where everyone shared the same politcal viewpoint and didnt have at least some elements at extreme ends.

Of course. Nobody would ever suggest otherwise. However there is a clear link between the ASC in particular and historically large sections of their support with loyalist and extreme right wing views and organisations.....which flies in the face of their ‘Stand Free’ rhetoric.

I think it’s just come as a surprise to some who maybe believe sectarianism is exclusive to the Old Firm. Plenty teams have their element...Hearts, Dundee, Airdrie and even us. To our eternal shame, it’s very much a Scottish thing.

BullsCloseHibs
26-09-2018, 02:20 PM
Yes NF is still a thing in Aberdeen. I used to run a pub that was frequented by several ‘old school’ ASC, who it turned out were all active NF members. I did of course bar them but not before finding out all about their meetings, having read agendas and minutes they left behind. Also heard about their right wing punk gigs that they’d regularly promote and attend, around working men clubs in Fife in particular for some reason.

It’s quite easy to find the names of candidates online. My own constituency and ward in Aberdeen regularly had an NF candidate, Dave MacDonald. Also if you check You Tube for Britain’s Hardest Pubs you will see several ASC/NF faces in the Aberdeen episode in a pub called Peep Peeps. You may also recall the ASC guys who were sent home from France 98. If not, google it, it was all over the press. Plenty right wing, loyalist t-shirts on show from the same ASC/NF contingent.

Always had a hunch they were dark side material.

Scott Allan Key
26-09-2018, 02:35 PM
Probably a load of bollocks but I was recently told that the KKK are active in Aberdeen and are trying to recruit. Laughed it off but after reading this thread, who knows :confused:

Historically, KKK had plenty of influential members with ‘proud’ Scottish ancestry. Recall from Scotsman article that one such was a man from Aberdeenshire who was a keen recruiter who used a trick based around drugging a farm animal, to show ‘horse-whispering’ powers to wow the kind of redneck ****-wits who’d be susceptible to those ideas.

Just in in case anyone is offended, I am in no way drawing a correlation between sheep-****ging and virulent ignorance.

Carheenlea
26-09-2018, 08:42 PM
I honestly had no idea that Aberdeen had a Far Right/Loyalist element within their support. Do remember the “hardest pubs in Britain” episode that featured Peep Peeps and the character who run it - must have been some place 😂

JimBHibees
27-09-2018, 09:15 AM

Genuinely surprised and disappointed by that, very poor.

Seveno
27-09-2018, 12:02 PM
I heard them signing about Lennon quiet clearly and I sit at the far end of the West Upper so it had to be more than just a few neds singing.

Leith Green
27-09-2018, 06:40 PM
Fair bit of slavering going on about Aberdeens firm having right wing leanings here.. They have had a strong link with Tottenhams mob for decades , Tottenham and their mob are quite well known for opposing the right wing stuff .. Aberdeens firm also have links to the national side and had absolutely no part when certain hooligans with far right views tried to form an alliance in the late 90s.

Wether or not Aberdeen as a place has lots of huns or far right element is debatable , their firm definitely has no more an element than any other out there

Keith_M
27-09-2018, 07:10 PM
If you want to see casuals with right wing leanings, then these are definitely what you're looking for

https://i2-prod.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article929278.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/motherwell-nazi-fans-image-1-275190609.jpg

cabbageandribs1875
27-09-2018, 07:17 PM
If you want to see casuals with right wing leanings, then these are definitely what you're looking for

https://i2-prod.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article929278.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/motherwell-nazi-fans-image-1-275190609.jpg

i'm quite sure they are murrawell boys, regrouped for some dafty anniversary whatever

Keith_M
27-09-2018, 07:28 PM
i'm quite sure they are murrawell boys, regrouped for some dafty anniversary whatever

They called themselves Motherwell SS, so the salutes are hardly a surprise.

BullsCloseHibs
27-09-2018, 08:25 PM

That was YEARS ago.

BullsCloseHibs
27-09-2018, 08:28 PM
Fair bit of slavering going on about Aberdeens firm having right wing leanings here.. They have had a strong link with Tottenhams mob for decades , Tottenham and their mob are quite well known for opposing the right wing stuff .. Aberdeens firm also have links to the national side and had absolutely no part when certain hooligans with far right views tried to form an alliance in the late 90s.

Wether or not Aberdeen as a place has lots of huns or far right element is debatable , their firm definitely has no more an element than any other out there

Explain the Butchers Aprons over the years then? I'm talking the red white and blue ones they've flaunted. Especially at their European away games. Hasn't went unnoticed.

linlithgowhibbie
27-09-2018, 08:34 PM
They called themselves Motherwell SS, so the salutes are hardly a surprise.

SS stood for Suicide Squad:thumbsup:

Nakedmanoncrack
27-09-2018, 08:45 PM
SS stood for Suicide Squad:thumbsup:

Saturday Service.

Frazerbob
27-09-2018, 09:25 PM

Really?

egb_hibs
27-09-2018, 10:28 PM
The other side of the coin is that the asc have long made marching in Aberdeen a dicey proposition for the orange order (as did the ccs in edinburgh back in the day).

Example: https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12142256.Orange_marchers_jeered_on_return_to_Aberd een_streets/

CropleyWasGod
27-09-2018, 10:35 PM
Really?

21271I'm counting, at most, a dozen there. Probably duplicated a few.

We have our own right-wing nutters too. There's a few of them on this board.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Frazerbob
27-09-2018, 10:39 PM
I'm counting, at most, a dozen there. Probably duplicated a few.

We have our own right-wing nutters too. There's a few of them on this board.

No doubt about it I don’t think it’s anything other than a tiny minority of their fans but I’ve never seen such a flag at a Hibs game.

CropleyWasGod
27-09-2018, 10:43 PM
No doubt about it I don’t think it’s anything other than a tiny minority of their fans but I’ve never seen such a flag at a Hibs game.Maybe our lot can't spell Mosque.

superfurryhibby
28-09-2018, 06:45 AM
The other side of the coin is that the asc have long made marching in Aberdeen a dicey proposition for the orange order (as did the ccs in edinburgh back in the day).

Example: https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12142256.Orange_marchers_jeered_on_return_to_Aberd een_streets/

The “*gentlemen” quoted in the Herald as the grandmaster of the Orange Lodge is the direct descendent of John Cormack of Protestant Action infamy back in the 1930’s. The rotten apple dowsn’t fall far from the tree. I met the prick through work. A Jambo bassa and grossly unpleasant in all other respects.