PDA

View Full Version : Hyndman

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-09-2018, 09:59 PM
Thought he was much better tonight than we’ve previously seen. Some nice passes. Thoughts?

cabbage_88
25-09-2018, 10:00 PM
Played very well, best performance in a hibs jersey by a distance

Sammy7nil
25-09-2018, 10:02 PM
Yeah he was good but I can't understand why Horgan never got on the pitch.

cleanyman
25-09-2018, 10:02 PM
He should be going to bed tonight with 3 assists under his belt

Played well

MacGruber
25-09-2018, 10:06 PM
Agreed - played well.
Milligan is giving the midfield a better balance and Hyndman having his best game - Mallan was excellent too came with Milligan's first start.

Greenbeard
25-09-2018, 10:13 PM
Was v surprised to see him start with Horgan and Slivka benched, both of whom on recent form would have been ahead of him in my book. But he did play much better, although still some anon spells and some "dinnae gie it tae me" moments. It was more Mallan and Milligan who made the difference in midfield over the 90. But Hyndman will hopefully take some confidence from a decent performance and kick on.

Smartie
25-09-2018, 10:15 PM
He can pick a pass, and with pacey players who have good movement around him, he'll be a threat.

I don't think he looks entirely happy, his head is down and he looks a bit short of confidence. He's quite harsh on himself when things don't work out for him, and I think he's a goal or assist away from stepping up a level.

SChibs
25-09-2018, 10:16 PM
He's got the best first touch at hibs imo. Always keeps it under control and usually plays it into space around him. Knows how to shake a player off who's on his back too

Carheenlea
25-09-2018, 10:17 PM
Was v surprised to see him start with Horgan and Slivka benched, both of whom on recent form would have been ahead of him in my book. But he did play much better, although still some anon spells and some "dinnae gie it tae me" moments. It was more Mallan and Milligan who made the difference in midfield over the 90. But Hyndman will hopefully take some confidence from a decent performance and kick on.

He was always looking for the ball and never hid once - carved Aberdeen open numerous times with delightful passes that on another day would have been finished off. Thought he was very good and more than justified his start.

Robbo6-2
25-09-2018, 10:19 PM
Definitely his best game in hibs shirt so far.

Thot he had a decent game.

Something to build on

Unseen work
25-09-2018, 10:21 PM
Good enough game, very very lightweight.

Couple of neat passes and once sharpness and confidence is up he will score goals as he gets in good positions.

calumhibee1
25-09-2018, 10:24 PM
Played well first half, drifted right out of it second half. First time I’ve seen him and thought he looked a player so hopefully more of his first half performances to come.

number9dream
25-09-2018, 10:36 PM
Good touch and a much improved performance. He could have had a couple of goals (shot wide, muscled out of rebound in front of goal) but I’m still expecting more from a number 10. An in-form Scott Allan would have sliced that lumbering Aberdeen side open time after time.
Is he the answer of should Mallan be more advanced? I thought he ran the show in the first half but was too deep after the interval... (Mallan).

Leith's finest
25-09-2018, 10:43 PM
He missed a few chances though

Sir David Gray
25-09-2018, 10:44 PM
Showed tonight what he is capable of and why he's on the books of an English Premier League side.

Very impressed with him.

GreenLake
25-09-2018, 10:51 PM
He is coming up to speed. Good player.

ancient hibee
25-09-2018, 10:55 PM
Good touch and a much improved performance. He could have had a couple of goals (shot wide, muscled out of rebound in front of goal) but I’m still expecting more from a number 10. An in-form Scott Allan would have sliced that lumbering Aberdeen side open time after time.
Is he the answer of should Mallan be more advanced? I thought he ran the show in the first half but was too deep after the interval... (Mallan).
Tonight’s midfield did slice open Aberdeen time after time.Scott Allan wouldn’t have made any difference because we couldn’t have hit a coo’s a**e with a banjo.

Hibee Mac
25-09-2018, 10:55 PM
Fair play to the guy, I had a pop before the game but he was better today. Still not totally convinced but he didn't hide and played well.

Borderhibbie76
25-09-2018, 10:56 PM
Much better tonight looked a player at times which was great to see

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
25-09-2018, 10:56 PM
Feared the worst but did ok seems to have brushed up his act needs to improve final product

I thought when the goalie saved a couple of his efforts second half you could physically see his head going down that is why I think he got hooked as you need to stay positive focused and bounce back for more. We probably needed a change at that stage anyway but offered more in a forward sense than say Slivka has lately

hibee_girl
25-09-2018, 10:58 PM
Fair play to the guy, I had a pop before the game but he was better today. Still not totally convinced but he didn't hide and played well.

That’s how I feel. He played well tonight but I’m still not won over by him yet.

Hibrandenburg
25-09-2018, 11:02 PM
He's got the best first touch at hibs imo. Always keeps it under control and usually plays it into space around him. Knows how to shake a player off who's on his back too

He got off a couple of shots with both left and right foot tonight too. Thought he had a decent outing.

The_Horde
25-09-2018, 11:08 PM
Feared the worst but did ok seems to have brushed up his act needs to improve final product

I thought when the goalie saved a couple of his efforts second half you could physically see his head going down that is why I think he got hooked as you need to stay positive focused and bounce back for more. We probably needed a change at that stage anyway but offered more in a forward sense than say Slivka has lately

He got hooked because he was absolutely done in.

Hermit Crab
25-09-2018, 11:12 PM
Hyndman was excellent tonight after a patchy first half. Ran out of steam after running about for 90 minutes.

matty_f
25-09-2018, 11:39 PM
His best game yet for us. I would like to see him demand the ball more, get more involved more often, but when he was involved tonight he did a lot of good things.

BILLYHIBS
25-09-2018, 11:41 PM
He got hooked because he was absolutely done in.

Agree put in a good shift was goosed but best performance to date in a HIBS shirt glad we got a glimpse of the real Hyndman.

A lot of players looked done in perhaps down to the new system Lenny is asking them to play.

Milligan faded after about eighty minutes but understandable in the circumstances

CLASS OF 72 -73
26-09-2018, 06:09 AM
That’s how I feel. He played well tonight but I’m still not won over by him yet.

Me neither. Played better but was trying too hard to impress.

SouthMoroccoStu
26-09-2018, 06:29 AM
He need to learn to pass to Shaw

But overall a much better game

Hyndman benefits when you have a player like Bartley or Milligan in the midfield digging in to do the ugly work

Dancehibs
26-09-2018, 06:30 AM
He’s good in possession but lacks drive and strength. If he’s in the last third he has shown he can slot a pass away. Needs a different type player in centre mid to complement his skills.

WeeRussell
26-09-2018, 07:56 AM
Unpopular opinion but I think the praise for Milligan has been overboard and some of it is to compensate for the stick posters want to carry on giving Hyndman despite a good display last night.

SirDavidsNapper
26-09-2018, 08:05 AM
Looked like the player we thought he was. Some guys need time to settle in which is fair enough. I'm excited to see more now based on last night.

jacomo
26-09-2018, 08:09 AM
I’m not sure what he offers us to be honest.

He clearly has ability and good passing technique but unless he lifts his head and finds a team mate in the final third he carries no threat.

Hi Heid Yin
26-09-2018, 11:29 AM

My thoughts too.:agree:

WeeRussell
26-09-2018, 11:36 AM

He clearly has ability and good passing technique but unless he lifts his head and finds a team mate in the final third he carries no threat.

He offered us at least two very good chances tonight which unfortunately weren't taken. Hopefully he proves to be an important player this season.

DH1875
26-09-2018, 11:46 AM
Did he get man of the match? Think he had a decent game but......still wouldn't be anywhere near my starting 11.

calumhibee1
26-09-2018, 12:01 PM
Did he get man of the match? Think he had a decent game but......still wouldn't be anywhere near my starting 11.

Hanlon got it I’m sure. Should have been Efe though. Absolute geezer.

Golden Bear
26-09-2018, 12:10 PM

Outstanding vision, he plays the ball into space but too often his teammates are not switched on enough to read the pass.

Sir David Gray
26-09-2018, 04:59 PM

Hanlon got it I’m sure. Should have been Efe though. Absolute geezer.

Yep Hanlon did get it.

Borderhibbie76
26-09-2018, 05:16 PM
Unpopular opinion but I think the praise for Milligan has been overboard and some of it is to compensate for the stick posters want to carry on giving Hyndman despite a good display last night.Milligan has been class the last 2 games...faded due to tiredness after 80 or so mins last night but u can surely see the difference he has made to our midfield the last 2 games??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
26-09-2018, 05:18 PM
Outstanding vision, he plays the ball into space but too often his teammates are not switched on enough to read the pass.

Said as much myself after the Kilmarnock game. He can unlock the tightest of defences with such passes and he’ll get his fair share of assists I’m sure.