PDA

View Full Version : Horgan

MacGruber
25-09-2018, 09:52 PM
Puzzled Horgan hasn't had a part to play there. We are missing McLaren, Shaw was misfiring and poor and we are creating chances. Over 120 mins and 4 subs with the extra one in extra time surely Horgan who has been one of our better players should be getting game time.

Anyway, thought we played a great match with exception finishing - which hasnt been one of our failings this far so maybe a bad night at the office for the forwards

SChibs
25-09-2018, 09:55 PM
Boyle was knackered and didn't bring anything to the game in extra time. I think Horgan should have been in agyepongs position and agyepong out wide instead of boyle

Sammy7nil
25-09-2018, 09:56 PM
I can only assume he was carrying a knock, very strange he did not get on.

Carheenlea
25-09-2018, 10:12 PM
Think it was more to do being forced to make substitutions elsewhere - the plan must have been to utilise him at some point.

macca70
25-09-2018, 10:17 PM
Game was crying out for fresh legs after 70 mins, Horgan would have been perfect option. Bizarre we can leave an internationalist on the bench and not get him on.

hibee_girl
25-09-2018, 10:19 PM
Has Lennon said why he didn’t start Horgan?

Smartie
25-09-2018, 10:22 PM
We'll have a few players injured or dead on their feet after tonight.

At least Horgan will be fresh for Saturday.

Blaster
25-09-2018, 10:28 PM
Game was crying out for fresh legs after 70 mins, Horgan would have been perfect option. Bizarre we can leave an internationalist on the bench and not get him on.

I felt for Lennon on that front tonight. At 70 mins I thought do we make a sub or not as playing so well without any weak links. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. It was a tough call

SChibs
25-09-2018, 10:32 PM
I felt for Lennon on that front tonight. At 70 mins I thought do we make a sub or not as playing so well without any weak links. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. It was a tough call

That was my opinion too. We were creating chance after chance with the starting line up so I thought he must have thought we'd score eventually. Hard to blame Lennon at all tonight. His tactics were spot on based on the chances we created and the way we dominated Aberdeen.

The Harp Awakes
25-09-2018, 10:36 PM
Boyle was knackered and didn't bring anything to the game in extra time. I think Horgan should have been in agyepongs position and agyepong out wide instead of boyle

Horgan for Boyle was the obvious substitution late in the game. Very surprised it didn't happen as Horgan could have been the spark we needed to win the game in extra time.