PDA

View Full Version : Shinnie

madhatter
25-09-2018, 09:36 PM
Was he even booked? 3 "taking one for the team" fouls at least.

Referees in Scotland stink. Awful.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-09-2018, 09:39 PM

I lost track of which Aberdeen players had been booked

The commentators were going on about how brilliant Shinnie was

Maybe green tinted specs but was he?!

ac1
25-09-2018, 09:39 PM
Unbelievable how he never got a booking

Smartie
25-09-2018, 09:40 PM

That's twice we've had Steven "sensible ref, keeps his cards in his pocket" McLean against Aberdeen.

If we get a fussy ref against them this season we'll take 5or 6 off them.

madhatter
25-09-2018, 09:41 PM

Maybe green tinted specs but was he?!

Brilliant? Not in a million years. If we think Shinnie plays brilliant any day of the week then I fear for the Scottish game. Same with McKenna... fouls constantly.

madhatter
25-09-2018, 09:44 PM
This is why people say it's corrupt. Explain difference between Porteous tackle and Shinnies 3? Lennon was asking why their left back wasn't booked for his double kick on Mallan. No answers were given.

Nicho87
25-09-2018, 09:50 PM
I cannot stand Shinnie. Really comes across as billy big baws and he is actually just a ****.

J-C
25-09-2018, 09:51 PM
Shinnie when he puts his mind to it is good player but he's turning into a wee thug, not the only Aberdeen player to constantly foul all game.

TelaStella
25-09-2018, 09:54 PM
Never seen anything like tonight in regards to shinnie and his licence to do as he so pleased, what’s the point in having a referee when you’ve got Andrew Shinnie? And for the record he has to be one of the most overrated helmets to yet grace our game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabbage_88
25-09-2018, 09:56 PM
Absolutely despise that dirty little rat. Disgusting player, an absolute disgrace How he never got booked tonight. Committed about 6 bookable offences. Hate him and mcinnes

Libby Hibby
25-09-2018, 10:20 PM
Absolutely despise that dirty little rat. Disgusting player, an absolute disgrace How he never got booked tonight. Committed about 6 bookable offences. Hate him and mcinnes

He did get booked but he should’ve had 3!!!

Danderhall Hibs
25-09-2018, 10:22 PM
Shinnie’s an excellent player - he’d walk into our team. He’s got the refs in his pocket as well. Very much Aberdeen’s Scott Brown.

cabbage_88
25-09-2018, 10:24 PM
Shinnie’s an excellent player - he’d walk into our team. He’s got the refs in his pocket as well. Very much Aberdeen’s Scott Brown.

He was awful tonight

Danderhall Hibs
25-09-2018, 10:25 PM
He was awful tonight

He wasn’t - you’re letting your hatred cloud your judgement.

bodhibs
25-09-2018, 10:25 PM
Said to a mate tonight, I despise that rat, never shuts up, dirty niggley type of player I would love in our team

jacomo
25-09-2018, 10:26 PM
He was awful tonight

He really wasn’t. He’s a big reason why our attacks kept breaking down in the final third. He put in a shift.

LaMotta
25-09-2018, 10:26 PM
3 things about Shinnie tonight:

1. He played well.

2. He is an annoying rash of a ****

3. The decision not to book him just before the end of extra time for his blatant kick on Agyepong was ****in astonishing

Nicho87
25-09-2018, 10:28 PM
I’m glad we don’t have him in our team. I get why people like him. Annoying player etc. He’s everything hearts are to me and everything I’m glad our club isn’t.

The Harp Awakes
25-09-2018, 10:29 PM
Shinnie should have had 2 yellows as should Considine. The ref bottled it with Considine but unbelievable decisions not to give even 1 yellow to Shinnie.

SquashedFrogg
25-09-2018, 10:30 PM

Nope. He was awful. Shinnie is a player who should control a game, dictate play. When did he do this?

Danderhall Hibs
25-09-2018, 10:30 PM
Nope. He was awful. Shinnie is a player who should control a game, dictate play. When did he do this?

Who says that’s what his job is?

calumhibee1
25-09-2018, 10:32 PM

He was probably Aberdeen’s best player I’d have said.

bodhibs
25-09-2018, 10:32 PM
Who says that’s what his job is?

His job is a dirty disrupter, does it very well, painful to watch tho, **** being a sheep

cabbage_88
25-09-2018, 10:33 PM

Sorry but he was dreadful. Made 1 good tackle on hyndman in the second half and that was it. Done nothing else apart from foul people. Completely absurd that he didn't get sent off.

Danderhall Hibs
25-09-2018, 10:34 PM
His job is a dirty disrupter, does it very well, painful to watch tho, **** being a sheep

:agree: the last 4 times they’ve come to ER they’ve played like that and we’ve only beaten them once. I think Shinnie should’ve been sent off each time as well.

Maybe consistent and finishing 2nd but it’s dull and negative.

Smartie
25-09-2018, 10:34 PM
He's very effective.

When he's been missing against us we've had far more joy.

It was a joke he wasn't at least booked but he's a very effective player.

Danderhall Hibs
25-09-2018, 10:35 PM
Sorry but he was dreadful. Made 1 good tackle on hyndman in the second half and that was it. Done nothing else apart from foul people. Completely absurd that he didn't get sent off.

Nothing to be sorry about - you’re entitled to your opinion. I reckon you’re still raging he want sent off though and it’s affecting your judgement.

Danderhall Hibs
25-09-2018, 10:36 PM
He's very effective.

When he's been missing against us we've had far more joy.

It was a joke he wasn't at least booked but he's a very effective player.

Was it the game we won 2-0 last season when he didn’t play?

bodhibs
25-09-2018, 10:37 PM
Was it the game we won 2-0 last season when he didn’t play?

Yep suspended iirc

cabbage_88
25-09-2018, 10:37 PM
Nothing to be sorry about - you’re entitled to your opinion. I reckon you’re still raging he want sent off though and it’s affecting your judgement.

Genuinely can't remember him doing anything well at all tonight apart from the tackle I mentioned previously. Each to their own though eh

hibbytam
25-09-2018, 10:40 PM

Would he? Who would you drop for him? If you ignore the fact he seems unbookable

calumhibee1
25-09-2018, 10:42 PM
Would he? Who would you drop for him? If you ignore the fact he seems unbookable

He’d be the first name on the team sheet in the middle of the pitch IMO.

CMac1988
25-09-2018, 10:43 PM
Other than taking a couple "for the team" type fouls without actually having to take anything for the team he played well.

The two standout out fouls for me were his running in to the back of Boyle to stop him progressing forward. Accidental or not it's a yellow every day of the week. Worse was his foul on Agyepong. Another yellow. Should've been off but takes the 1st pen and scores...

It's at times like these I wish Daz was about as he's the only one with a bit of bite that goes about his business smartly rather than recklessly.

Juniper Greens
25-09-2018, 10:44 PM
With McLeish in the crowd. I don't think we will ever see him in a scotland shirt after than game, which is great news. He's sh***

Hibee Mac
25-09-2018, 10:45 PM
Don't think I've ever seen a more inept performance by a referee. Not booking him after that performance is beyond belief

CMac1988
25-09-2018, 10:45 PM

Hyndman. Does the same job but much more effectively. That isn't a dig at Hyndman as he had a better game tonight but on his overall contribution he'd be the one to make way.

Bishop Hibee
25-09-2018, 10:55 PM
Shinnie is a good player but he didn’t play as well as I’ve seen him against us before. The referee was the worst of the season. Let them away with murder.

Danderhall Hibs
25-09-2018, 10:56 PM

Milligan. Stevenson.

matty_f
25-09-2018, 11:11 PM
Shinnie was head and shoulders their best player, he was everywhere in the latter stages of the second half.

Shouldn't have seen the final whistle though, whatever pictures he has of the ref must be worth their weight in gold, because he was able to foul with complete impunity after his booking.

I wish refs gave Hibs players that treatment.

Stokesy's on fire
25-09-2018, 11:12 PM

Rubbish.

The_Horde
25-09-2018, 11:13 PM
Shinnie when he puts his mind to it is good player but he's turning into a wee thug, not the only Aberdeen player to constantly foul all game.

Probably resorting to that because his pace is going.

Stokesy's on fire
25-09-2018, 11:13 PM
With McLeish in the crowd. I don't think we will ever see him in a scotland shirt after than game, which is great news. He's sh***

Agreed over rated. A nasty hammer thrower but thats what Aberdeen are these days.

Baader
25-09-2018, 11:25 PM
Didn't stand out for me. Don't get all the fuss - except he seems to escape bookings.

kaimendhibs
25-09-2018, 11:27 PM

Maybe green tinted specs but was he?!No he wasn't. Hammer thrower who's best years are behind him.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
25-09-2018, 11:28 PM
Could not believe he was not booked tonight especially after Porteous repeatedly running 40 yards and asking the referee to do so. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
25-09-2018, 11:37 PM
How they finished the match with 11 players on the park is inexplicable.

Ron D Hibbie
26-09-2018, 12:02 AM
Shinnie was head and shoulders their best player, he was everywhere in the latter stages of the second half.

Shouldn't have seen the final whistle though, whatever pictures he has of the ref must be worth their weight in gold, because he was able to foul with complete impunity after his booking.

shinnie was not booked

matty_f
26-09-2018, 12:06 AM
shinnie was not booked

Well that's even more mental. I thought he must have been booked at least once in the game.

The fact that he wasn't booked makes the ref's performance even more laughable.

Danderhall Hibs
26-09-2018, 05:46 AM
shinnie was not booked

That’s incredible - I could’ve sworn he was. He could easily have had 2 or 3 yellows.

Danderhall Hibs
26-09-2018, 05:47 AM
Rubbish.

What bit?

Dancehibs
26-09-2018, 05:55 AM

His energy levels and work rate was immense. He gets about the park , something that Hyndman and Mallan can’t do. Ran all over them.

He should have been sent off for persistent fouling

Dancehibs
26-09-2018, 06:04 AM
Other than taking a couple "for the team" type fouls without actually having to take anything for the team he played well.

The two standout out fouls for me were his running in to the back of Boyle to stop him progressing forward. Accidental or not it's a yellow every day of the week. Worse was his foul on Agyepong. Another yellow. Should've been off but takes the 1st pen and scores...

It's at times like these I wish Daz was about as he's the only one with a bit of bite that goes about his business smartly rather than recklessly.

Streetwise. We needed to add it to our team

Hibs1969
26-09-2018, 06:36 AM
He broke up play very well for them but gave the ball away quite a few times. It’s a joke he wasn’t booked for his tackles on Boyle and Agpeyong and he should have been off before penalties. After the last penalty when the rest of his team ran to their end to celebrate, he stayed on the halfway line and shook hands with all of our players before joining his teammates. He was also really decent towards Agpeyong, so fair play to him.