PDA

View Full Version : Can't complain

cleanyman
25-09-2018, 09:27 PM
Missing chances like that

Ultimately that's 6 times we have played Aberdeen since promotion and the stats done lie

One victory

SRHibs
25-09-2018, 09:29 PM

Ultimately that's 6 times we have played Aberdeen since promotion and the stats done lie

One victory

Bolt. We were great tonight, and 0 goals isn’t exactly a common number for us. We have quality throughout the squad and it will show over the course of the season.

Sometimes it just isn’t your night. 9 times out of 10 we will win when we play like that. Don’t think there’s any reason to read too much into this result.

cleanyman
25-09-2018, 09:29 PM
Bolt. We were great tonight, and 0 goals isn’t exactly a common number for us. We have quality throughout the squad and it will show over the course of the season.

Great tonight and we still can't beat them

Dazzjw1875
25-09-2018, 09:33 PM
That's why we should've signed another striker!!

SouthMoroccoStu
25-09-2018, 09:34 PM
Aberdeen are a jammy team

Always seem to get the bounce of the ball

Nothing in the game. When it goes to sudden death after 120 minutes

That Joe Lewis saying Aberdeen deserved to win? Aye good one pal, but they’re through

Well done boys you did us proud

we are hibs
25-09-2018, 09:37 PM
Not clinical enough. Had 5 or 6 chances to win that but we simply weren't good enough in the final third. An opportunity blown.

Sammy7nil
25-09-2018, 09:38 PM

Sometimes it just isn’t your night. 9 times out of 10 we will win when we play like that. Don’t think there’s any reason to read too much into this result.

Far superior team yet we failed. Very poor finishing and decision making all night. If we play like that we may win more than we lose but to lose with that amount of possession and chances it is poor.

mca
25-09-2018, 09:38 PM
What a game.. we Hammered them and lost on penalties.... Well Done Hibs.. i feel proud and robbed :flag:

cleanyman
25-09-2018, 09:41 PM
Its not Real Madrid we are playing

We've just been pumped out on our home patch in the quarters of the league cup which is one of the only two trophies we can win

I'm not getting the proud comments. Aye we played well but its Aberdeen FFS

Woeful record against them

Deansy
25-09-2018, 09:41 PM
Aberdeen are a jammy team

Always seem to get the bounce of the ball

Nothing in the game. When it goes to sudden death after 120 minutes

That Joe Lewis saying Aberdeen deserved to win? Aye good one pal, but they’re through

Well done boys you did us proud

He knows he got away with it tonight as Mallan's penalty should've been retaken, Lewis was at least 2 yards off his line when the ball was actually kicked !

danhibees1875
25-09-2018, 09:43 PM

That sums it up for me. :agree:

A very good display against one of the better teams. We dominated and lost a lottery at the end.

It's not as if our finishing is usually letting us down - we were just unlucky tonight with it.

Billy McKirdy
25-09-2018, 09:43 PM
Some you win some you lose, we absolutely battered them yet failed to get a winner, on that basis we can’t conplain, gutted we’re out but can’t fault the effort

we are hibs
25-09-2018, 09:44 PM
Not getting people saying they are feeling proud after that. After Dundee United beat us on pens I felt significantly more pride than I do tonight. I'm pissed off because we should have won that and only have ourselves to blame for not. I'm pretty sure Lennon will be raging too that we haven't won that.

SirDavidsNapper
25-09-2018, 09:45 PM
We should be beating Aberdeen at home in 90 mins. Very dissapointed

FitbaFolkKen
25-09-2018, 09:46 PM

One victory

Second highest scorers in the league so I’m not overly concerned. Hopefully just a blip in front of goal tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuart93
25-09-2018, 09:48 PM

Yep. Worst of it is Aberdeen are nowhere near the team they have been recently.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-09-2018, 09:49 PM

We've just been pumped out on our home patch in the quarters of the league cup which is one of the only two trophies we can win

And yet they hadn’t beaten us in 30 years at ER in the League Cup...
Until that jammy goal at the death they just couldn’t beat us at
Hampden - and that was if they didn’t get pumped out in earlier rounds by their bogey team - st Johnston or some other horror show results they’ve had over the years. Niggly-fouls-are-us I’d be disinclined to watch a team that played like that. Each to their own tho.

MGmick
25-09-2018, 09:51 PM
I've got absolutely no complaints about that performance, thought we played some of the best football I've seen from a Hibs team in many years and I'm a hugely critical "naebody could play fitba like the Tornado's" sort of a c....hap. Just tonight was one of those " couldn'y score in a barrel of far knees" nights.

neil7908
25-09-2018, 09:51 PM
Aberdeen should be embarrassed by that performance. They were like a lower league team. Came to the game looking to foul, punt the ball forward and defend like crazy. Pathetic from a team of their means.

I'm incredibly frustrated with the result but bar our finishing we were fantastic. A fit McLaren and we would have won that by a couple of goals.

Shaw was the only one of that starting 11 who looked out of their depth. Thought he really struggled 2nite but fair play to him for stepping up for the his penalty.

SChibs
25-09-2018, 09:52 PM

I would hardly say we were 'pumped out'.

SquashedFrogg
25-09-2018, 09:52 PM

One victory

Quite sad when you think a human took the effort to type that.

Sammy7nil
25-09-2018, 09:53 PM

Silly comment imho

IGRIGI
25-09-2018, 09:53 PM
All this "you did us proud" patter is rather pre Lennon mentality.

It was Aberdeen we were playing and we blew a trip to Hampden and the income involved by passing up chance after chance after chance.

I see a lot of positives from tonight in how we played but let's calm down on the back patting.

cleanyman
25-09-2018, 09:55 PM

Thanks for contributing to the discussion

gillythehibby
25-09-2018, 09:57 PM
Sometimes we don't get what we deserve. Hibs were excellent tonight. Some lovely football. Aberdeen fear us. They always set up negative against us. Frustrating but proud of the team. Back to league business now.

SquashedFrogg
25-09-2018, 10:02 PM

Do you just copy and paste posts when Hibs get beat?

So predictable. Why 'should' we be beating them? Please explain why. A team who have consistantly finished higher than us for years.

I know why I'm dissapointed tonight.. but I'm at a loss to know why we 'should' beat them.

eastterrace
25-09-2018, 10:02 PM
He knows he got away with it tonight as Mallan's penalty should've been retaken, Lewis was at least 2 yards off his line when the ball was actually kicked !

Make that 3 yards of his line how that diddy assistant standing watching it let that go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
25-09-2018, 10:06 PM
Make that 3 yards of his line how that diddy assistant standing watching it let that go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was a poor penalty

heid the baw
25-09-2018, 10:07 PM
Whilst I'm not in favour of the back patting, cup football with ties settled on the night throw up different challenges and results. At sudden death someone will miss. Yes we should have taken our chances, but the same could have been said for Aberdeen. They won't win this trophy and in all honesty we may well have struggled next round because this team rebuild is a work in progress.
Scottish cup is a better opportunity this season.

Sammy7nil
25-09-2018, 10:12 PM
Whilst I'm not in favour of the back patting, cup football with ties settled on the night throw up different challenges and results. At sudden death someone will miss. Yes we should have taken our chances, but the same could have been said for Aberdeen. They won't win this trophy and in all honesty we may well have struggled next round because this team rebuild is a work in progress.
Scottish cup is a better opportunity this season.

If we had won 2-0 which is not a huge leap what makes u think we would struggle in the next round.

HibeeHibernian4
25-09-2018, 10:14 PM
Yep, and I know some on here are going to give it the whole 'we was robbed' excuse. We shot ourselves in the foot with that pitiful finishing. 6 shots on target from a total of 21 is worrying. So is having 61% possession and doing not all that much with it.

macca70
25-09-2018, 10:15 PM
Game was crying out for fresh legs to come on after 70 mins, dunno why Lennons let it go full 90 before making a sub.

We could have won it in 90 by changing it up a bit. Should have made a double sub after 70 mins bringing on Horgan and Agyepong for Shaw and Hyndlands or even Boyle as he was shattered!!

Chic Murray
25-09-2018, 10:15 PM
Too many poor decisions in the box. Flo would have every right to go through his team mates. Too often shot instead of squaring it.

Referee was a joke, Aberdeen have no pride at all time wasting in a cup tie.

At the end of the day though it was in our hands. Fail.

SChibs
25-09-2018, 10:18 PM
Yep, and I know some on here are going to give it the whole 'we was robbed' excuse. We shot ourselves in the foot with that pitiful finishing. 6 shots on target from a total of 21 is worrying. So is having 61% possession and doing not all that much with it.

How can you say we had 21 shots then say we didn't do much with out possession in the next sentence?

heid the baw
If we had won 2-0 which is not a huge leap what makes u think we would struggle in the next round.

The fact that we didn't win 2-0 makes me think we would struggle in the next round.

Lemonade
I thought we were brilliant tonight.
One of the best 0-0 games I've seen.

Mallan is simply magnificent .

Sammy7nil
25-09-2018, 10:19 PM
The fact that we didn't win 2-0 makes me think we would struggle in the next round.

Very good :rolleyes:

Heisenberg

Since when were Hibs fans this arrogant and self entitled? Aberdeen have been the second best team in the country for years. We played well but didn’t take our chances and got punished.

ian cruise
Played well and lost. We all knew this season wS a rebuild in the spine of our team and its coming together. Never happy to lose but I'm seeing signs we're starting to gel and once we start converting chances we'll be on our way,I don't think we'll be waiting that long.

Gutted to be out of a winnable competition but league must be the focus. Going through tonight and losing to Dons, Hearts, The Rangers and Celtc in league would have been worse. If that happens now I'll join folk on here gnashing teeth but hopefully we'll learn lessons from tonight and come back stronger.

southern hibby
25-09-2018, 10:20 PM
Played well until we got into the box and seemed to miss the target completely.

What is it with Hibs making chance after chance after chance and still woeful in front of goals? Think it was about the fifth attempt on Saturday against Dundee before we scored and how many chances tonight and failed to score?

Anyway thought Hibs were outstanding tonight apart from what I’ve already mentioned.

GGTTH

Gordy M
Too many poor decisions in the box. Flo would have every right to go through his team mates. Too often shot instead of squaring it.

Referee was a joke, Aberdeen have no pride at all time wasting in a cup tie.

At the end of the day though it was in our hands. Fail.

Kamberis miss in th first half was the worst of the lot.....basically an open goal mate.

HibeeHibernian4
How can you say we had 21 shots then say we didn't do much with out possession in the next sentence?

Because only 6 of those 21 shots were on target. Since we didn't hit the woodwork, the others might as well have been kicked into the top tier of the South, makes no difference if they're not testing the keeper.

Hiber-nation
25-09-2018, 10:23 PM
We can complain about Aberdeen getting only 3 players booked. Incredible, even by Scottish refereeing standards.

SChibs
25-09-2018, 10:35 PM
Because only 6 of those 21 shots were on target. Since we didn't hit the woodwork, the others might as well have been kicked into the top tier of the South, makes no difference if they're not testing the keeper.

Shots on and off target don't mean much imo. A shot that goes an inch past the post is better than hitting it straight at the keeper. The fact we got into positions to have 21 shots says to me we must have done something with out possession though

neil7908
25-09-2018, 11:22 PM
Kamberis miss in th first half was the worst of the lot.....basically an open goal mate.

Thought Kamberi, Boyle and Shaw were all selfish tonight. Kept trying to shoot when they had teammates in better positions.

kaimendhibs
25-09-2018, 11:24 PM

Woeful record against themPumped?We drew and lost on penalties. Just wasn't our night in front of goal. You must be a right laugh at parties

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
25-09-2018, 11:32 PM
Only got ourselves to blame!

Golden rule of football: you must take your chances

21 shots on goal

Anyway, got into my car tonight and my sons voice from the back “ Dad! HIBS.net has just gone into meltdown! “ :greengrin

Chic Murray
26-09-2018, 04:12 AM

Not in a great position to see it. Fair play though, there were so many I had forgotten it by the end of the game.

lyonhibs
26-09-2018, 05:07 AM
Do you just copy and paste posts when Hibs get beat?

So predictable. Why 'should' we be beating them? Please explain why. A team who have consistantly finished higher than us for years.

I know why I'm dissapointed tonight.. but I'm at a loss to know why we 'should' beat them.

Because, after that exact 90 minutes, we played better football and had way more chances. Still, our own profligacy is our own fault, no doubt about that.

CraigHibee
26-09-2018, 05:15 AM
Good team performance but ultimately scoring goals wins you matches, definitely felt like we were robbed

Onceinawhile
26-09-2018, 07:15 AM

Not doing all that much with it? We had 21 shots with it FFS.

Onion
26-09-2018, 07:39 AM
Sometimes, despite everything, the better team does not win. I’d be more worried if we didn’t create chances but we made a barrel load against one of the best defences in the league, and playing some good football. Even McInnus will know his team got lucky last night.

I’m just thankful to support an exciting free-flowing side like Hibs rather than Aberdeen. They are awful to watch, industrial hammer throwers a notch up from Hearts.

H18S NX
26-09-2018, 07:44 AM
Ultimately,we are just not clinical enough.

MWHIBBIES
26-09-2018, 07:48 AM
Ultimately,we are just not clinical enough.

We weren't last night. We were at Dundee.

matty_f
26-09-2018, 07:52 AM
My mate's a Rangers fan, he started the game hoping Hibs won and texted me during the game saying that he'd changed his mind because he'd much rather have to play Aberdeen than us, we were that much better than them.

TheMentalHibees
26-09-2018, 07:52 AM
Do Aberdeen play with 10 behind the ball against everyone else? You’d think they’d be able to at least draw with the old firm playing that anti football but still get turned over nae bother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk